Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 
Hello Hello Hello

Lols. (Video below.)

On a wider note I'm really enjoying this expansion, Blizz seem to have got the meta into a pretty good place, although I wish we could eradicate Jade Druid from the face of the earth. Quest Rouge I can live with.

My current favourite deck is CORPSE FLOWER MIRACLE ROGUE, which I posted the deck list for a page or two back. Has a decent chance against most other decks, from aggro to control to secret decks etc, and takes a fair bit of skill to pilot correctly.

I fancy having a go at this deck here, but would need to craft Hemet and 1600 dust is a bit harsh for a 'single use' legendary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Hearthly wrote:
Lols. (Video below.)

Welcome to 2 months ago : viewtopic.php?p=948840#p948840

Corpse flower is really annoying because it buggers up the best removal cards i have

Brawl kills it so it goes back to hibernation mode and even Vanish does not get rid of the damn thing !

I have switched two of my cards in the rogue quest now to Stonehill Defenders - if i can bounce them its some free taunt minions (and after crystal they are all 5/5's) if not it puts something in the way between the enemy and my face

The Mage quest stuff seems very quiet now - the only stuff i'm struggling with is

Corpse flower (because i cant get rid of the damn things)
Jade Druid (they are pulling cheap 6/6 and 7/7 cards out quickly)
Shamen 'rush' decks (with a few basic minions and the totem or de-evolve my defenses)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 19:55 
Sleepyhead

I'm still mostly playing arena, and occasionally casual. Still see a lot of Quest Rogue in ranked around the end I play, and even with Dirty Rat I've still only seen it once fail to get out the Crystal Core by turn 6 (and usually turn 5 followed by insta-death turn 6), which just makes it boring. I could feasibly set up a deck directly aimed at stopping that, but it is very boring to do so, and would likely cost me a shitload of dust I don't have.

Enjoying arena and tavern brawls though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 21:28 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
Still see a lot of Quest Rogue

I wonder if its doing some odd matching or if i'm just getting lucky / unlucky

I got up to rank 13 earlier and dropped back to 15 playing with the rogue quest and only hit another rogue once or twice (a *lot* of warriors and hunters) - i switched to my hunter deck to complete one of my daily quests and saw a wider range of other decks (including a rogue for the first time in ages)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 
Sleepyhead

Dunno. I basically never see it in Casual, but whenever I go to Ranked it's extremely common. That's around Rank 20 since I haven't been arsed to play it.

Might just be the luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 19:22 
Hello Hello Hello

I fucking hate Taunt Warrior and it's usually a near auto-lose with my CORPSE FLOWER MIRACLE ROGUE deck, but this poor chappy pulled out Gadgetzan with Dirty Rat on his Turn 2, and I had a nice selection of cheap cards in my hand as well as Van Cleef. (I went coin, prep, sap, Van Cleef.)

So I had a 4/4 and an 8/8 on the board at the end of my second turn (and a few cards), and he conceded on his third turn with me having a 4/4, 8/8 and 3/3 on the board (he pulled SI Agent with the Dirty Rat I'd sapped), and drawing cards like a mofo.

(This match-up also amuses me when they pull Arcane Giant with Dirty Rat.)

I do like it when sweet little things like this happen.

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 06-20-17 19.14.25.png

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 06-20-17 19.14.54.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 
8-Bit Champion

Pack changes coming soon :

#comments">http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... W#comments

Quote:
Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Card Pack Changes
Having fun and exciting moments in Hearthstone is important to us, so today we’re announcing an upcoming change to the way you’ll experience cracking open Hearthstone card packs.

WAAAH, Legendary!

Starting with the release of Hearthstone’s next expansion (but applying to ALL Hearthstone card packs), every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from that set that you don’t already own. Once you own either the golden or non-golden version of a Legendary card, you won’t get a duplicate of it until you own all the Legendary cards from that set. Soon, you’ll be able to craft a Legendary without the worry of opening it in your next few packs!

In addition, you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck—no more opening three or more of the same common, rare, or epic card in one pack!

Even More Legendary!

Beginning with the release of the next expansion, you’re also guaranteed to get a Legendary within your first 10 packs of a new set. The release of a new Hearthstone expansion is a super exciting time, and with this change we hope your pack openings start off on a celebratory note!

Combined, these changes should make the pack opening experience more exciting than ever—especially when you see that flash of gold heralding a Legendary card!
The Greater Crater Promotion

Elise Starseeker and her junior explorers have stumbled upon a fascinating discovery: a crater full of card packs! Starting in the next few days, we’re having a special limited time promotion* for Journey to Un’Goro card pack bundles: the price stays the same, but the number of packs gets dino-sized!

Original Pack Bundles

Special Pack Bundles
7 packs +2 packs = 9 packs total
15 packs +5 packs = 20 packs total
40 packs +12 packs = 52 packs total
60 packs** +18 packs = 78 packs total

We can’t wait to see your Legendary pack openings starting with Hearthstone’s next expansion!

*Promotion dates will be announced soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 21:37 
Hello Hello Hello

A much needed nerf to Quest Rogue, hateful deck.

At 5 minions required versus 4 though, I still think it'll get played, but it'll reduce the most dreadful encounters the deck is capable of producing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstones-inf ... ng-nerfed/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 13:22 
8-Bit Champion

So basically that removes it - to play it you'd need to draw too many bounce cards or be very lucky to get your fire elemental cards in hand at draw - I still lose plenty of games with it but generally to either fast decks who kill me early (Priest health and match / rogue flower / druid / face hunter / Shaman zoo), or decks that build up to a big finish (Jade Druid / Warrior quest / Shaman quest)

Attachment:
rogue.jpg

44 more wins till I get my golden rogue - I wonder if I can get it before the nerf triggers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 13:36 
8-Bit Champion

Actually from there - the last time i posted stats was April and mines were :

zaphod79 wrote:
I have a golden Mage and Warlock - for the others

Priest 412/500
Hunter 412/500 (yes really the same number as Priest)
Paladin 401/500
Warrior 391/500
Rogue 287/500 ( I was less than 200 on this until Ungoro came out)
Druid 165/500
Shaman 73/500

So those have moved in 2 1/2 months to :

Priest 412/500
Hunter 443/500
Paladin 411/500
Warrior 457/500
Rogue 456/500
Druid 165/500
Shaman 73/500

So those 3 in red have not even moved - one of the last changes to the stats for the game let you see how many you have won over the 500 with your goldens

Mage 670
Warlock 827 (i had not realised just how much Warlock i played)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 15:37 
Sleepyhead

Yay! Nerf for Annoying Quest Rogue!

*Opens pack*

Rogue Quest Legendary.

Heh.

I have played it a few times, and on the whole I think it's still a valid nerf. It takes almost no skill to play, and hoovers up wins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 15:56 
8-Bit Champion

Dont dust it until they change the card then you'll get your full amount for it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 22:00 
8-Bit Champion

Attachment:
Screenshot 2017-07-03 21.59.31.png

Golden Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:35 
Hello Hello Hello

Earned off the backs of the tears of the Hearthstone community and boards full of 5-5s on Turn 4.....

I think Quest Rogue is the quickest nerf in the history of the game, DEATH TO QUEST ROGUE.

If I'm not playing a fast deck I just auto-concede against it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 22:28 
Sleepyhead

I've played about eight games with it now and it just feels like cheating. 6 comfortable wins, 1 close win and one loss due to a spectacularly bad card draw (got to round 7 before I got my first return card).

Did have one fun game against a Priest though, who managed to nearly sneak it by having two dragonfire potions and then pulling another from a legendary who spams priest cards. Luckily I had just enough to take him out, but it took a while and was touch and go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 0:05 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I've played about eight games with it now and it just feels like cheating. 6 comfortable wins, 1 close win and one loss due to a spectacularly bad card draw

I must be doing something wrong - my hit rate with it is okay but no where near that good - unless its just the level (i'm currently at rank 15)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 0:48 
8-Bit Champion

So after that post i had a few games - its late - there are some mistakes in here but this is 6 matches in a row using the Rogue Quest deck

Before watching
- how many do you think I won ?
- how many times did I get the quest completed ?

And the answers :
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
- how many do you think I won ? - 0/6
- how many times did I get the quest completed ? 4/6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:02 
Hello Hello Hello

The point is not the win-rate or power level of the deck (which isn't amazing), it's how spectacularly awful it is to play and lose against. It's the textbook definition of a 'non-interactive' deck, whereas if you're playing against it with the 'wrong' deck, you simply feel completely helpless and as if nothing you do influences the game in any way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:16 
8-Bit Champion

My response was more to Curio and his 'feels like cheating' comment than yours , I've watched the video and while I agree on some points I disagree with his main point which is 'when your losing to that deck you feel helpless, and thats bad'

I feel helpless losing to a *lot* of decks , some have a small bit of mitigation you can put into place but others do not and I've accepted that there will be games I start and even if I play my cards in the best way I possibly could I will lose.

The answer to a powerful / run over everything deck tends not to be a single (or small set) of cards to use to break it but as he says in the video to play another type of deck altogether

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 
Sleepyhead

I completed the quest on turn three last night :DD

Maybe it's because I'm playing around level 18-20 or because I've been lucky, but it is just a monster. Especially if you're boomeranging the Flame chap, as you get four bonus 5/5 minions for 1 cost each!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 14:29 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:

The theoretical best to complete it is to go second against a rogue and begin with quest / fake coin / prep / swashburgler

Turn 1 , quest , coin , swashburgler (who steals a shadowstep) , shadowstep him , and play again (to steal a shadowstep) / and again , and again , you have completed the quest - the last swashburgler gets a fake coin and you play it plus the one you started with in your hand , then prep and the quest - and then hit them in the face for 5 points with your 5/5 patches

:-)

Yes odds against happening are nil but its theoretically possible :-)

Normally the quest triggers for me on around turn 6 or 7 but that just depends on your card draw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 18:28 
Sleepyhead

zaphod79 wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

The theoretical best to complete it is to go second against a rogue and begin with quest / fake coin / prep / swashburgler

Turn 1 , quest , coin , swashburgler (who steals a shadowstep) , shadowstep him , and play again (to steal a shadowstep) / and again , and again , you have completed the quest - the last swashburgler gets a fake coin and you play it plus the one you started with in your hand , then prep and the quest - and then hit them in the face for 5 points with your 5/5 patches

:-)

Yes odds against happening are nil but its theoretically possible :-)

Normally the quest triggers for me on around turn 6 or 7 but that just depends on your card draw

It does, but last night I got it out on 5 all but one time. Then it becomes a bastard to beat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 23:16 
8-Bit Champion

Special event

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/bl ... l-7-4-2017

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 0:01 
8-Bit Champion

And a nice little twist to the tavern brawl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 0:31 
8-Bit Champion

Attachment:
Screenshot 2017-07-06 00.29.53.png

Probably my best one so far - it really depends on how quickly the other person works out i'm not attacking them but healing them and putting minions out for Rag to burn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 0:35 
8-Bit Champion

My deck - a slight variantion on jade druid because it gets you some big point bodies on the deck to soak up the damage / a few good healing and card draw options

Mistress of Mixtures and Zombie chow helps the other person stay around a little longer and tree of life can extend things a round or two - i toyed with removing Wrath but at the start its a good indicator to them when you play it on your own minions to show your not attacking them

### Custom Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Zombie Chow
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Healing Touch
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 1x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 1x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (6) Moonglade Portal
# 1x (9) Tree of Life
#
AAEBAZICCF/9AqQH+wzZDdEPorYClL0CC/4BhQbEBuQIvqsCtLsCy7wCz7wC3b4C+cAC3sQCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:54 
8-Bit Champion

Does not seem that long since the last one but - new stuff incoming

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 
Hello Hello Hello

Oooohhhh Death Knights, cool.

I've just crested 9000 gold so am already in very good shape to freeload the next expansion, and there are a few weeks to go before it's released yet.

I've spent £166 on the game in total so I don't feel too bad about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 22:34 
Sleepyhead

The Tavern Brawl is fun - what's the reward for killing minions? Like, it said fireworks and shit.

Anyway, it is fun but ruined because people are just playing Quest Rogue in it and winning that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:14 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
The Tavern Brawl is fun - what's the reward for killing minions? Like, it said fireworks and shit.

Fireworks on the emote - specifically 'wow' - 3 levels for getting progressively more kills with mini rag

Curiosity wrote:
Anyway, it is fun but ruined because people are just playing Quest Rogue in it and winning that way.

Yeah thats frustrating - look you can see me healing your minions / knocking points off my own and not attacking you when i get the chance - why are you trying to hit me in the face

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
why are you trying to hit me in the face

Because I just want the pack and to get back to the normal game :)

I'm totally disinterested in card backs/heroes/emotes/etc, I still run with the original classic card back from the beta in 2014.

With the very rare exception, the Tavern Brawl is just a way to get 52 free classic packs per year.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:50 
Sleepyhead

I only had two Quest Rogues in a row on it, after that there was a whole host of different types. Lots of fun!

Until someone realises that if you can get a Grim Patron out, you've won.

Doh!

Won a couple with Mage, using the Don't Die secret, and a fair few with Paladin by just throwing out tiny minions and healing a lot.

How many gold does an expansion cost?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 15:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
How many gold does an expansion cost?

Piece of string type scenario innit, as from now on Blizzard are only doing 'cards' expansions rather than making every other expansion an adventure. (Whereby the adventures were a fixed cost for a guaranteed set of cards, they were about £17 in real money or 3500 gold for every wing IIRC (700 gold per wing.))

Previous experience has shown that 60 packs will give you a decent spread of cards for a new expansion, hopefully snagging 2-3 legendaries and some epics along with plenty of commons and rares. So that'd be 6000 gold.

From memory I've done more like 80-100 packs for the last three 'cards' expansions, and even then have been left needing to craft quite a few cards to play the spread of decks I've wanted to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 23:42 
8-Bit Champion

Nerf of the Rogue quest is now live and so my card is gone

Played two games and still got the quest out but way too late and i still needed either my vanish card or a bit of luck with a mimic pod - i don't see it as practical to play right now and may as well have the full dust to create another quest card or another legendary from the new expansion

Attachment:
Screenshot 2017-07-10 23.52.14.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 
Hello Hello Hello

I'd like us all to observe a moment's silence for this sad loss. *

* Not really.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:19 
Sleepyhead

How long do we get full dust for it? I need to remember to ditch mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:27 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
I'd like us all to observe a moment's silence for this sad loss. *

* Not really.

The only other quest card I have is the warriors one , which is a solid quest and I normally do well with it , however its just so slow to play , winning or losing a Rogue quest game is maybe a max of 10 minutes , a warrior one is normally double that (regardless of how it goes).

So for the other quests

Mage is just an annoying match up and I dont think they need the quest to make it any worse
Druid , I've never played one that actually got the quest to trigger - free minions are nice but I'm not convinced
Hunter , again does not need the quest to get going , I've played a few that got it off but at that point they have already won
Paladin is 'junk' - you get a big powerful character that will be removed - the 'turn a minion into a 10/10' is a better card
Priest is interesting but again most priests i hit right now are back on the first trick i learned in the game , buff a minion with some extra health , double its health and then make attack=health
Apart from at launch I've never seen anyone play the warlock quest

Which leaves the Shaman one , I've had it played against me a few times , there are a lot of shaman buffs that work with Murlocks (and I like playing them as a group / set) so I may give that a go - but for now i think I'm waiting for the next deck to see what else I can spend my dust on

I have around 4500 dust (so a few legionaries but more likely a group of epics) , and about 2500 gold (which is probably a few packs too short but i'll see what i can save up before then)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
How long do we get full dust for it? I need to remember to ditch mine.

July 24th

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/bl ... -7-10-2017

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 18:33 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
The only other quest card I have......

So it's the same deal in the next expansion, there's going to be a 'hero' card for every class, which will be a legendary.

Now they are making it a bit easier this time around in that:

1) You get a random hero legendary card for completing the 'missions' which are the single player content as I understand it.
2) You'll get a guaranteed legendary in your first 10 packs IIRC, although I guess that could be one of the other legendaries so not necessarily a hero card.

However, the fact remains that like the 'quest' cards in Un Goro, the 'hero' cards in Frozen Throne are going to be mandatory if you want to play with the new shinies, so quite a gold/dust barrier to entry.

I guess the smart thing to do is give the top players a couple of weeks to play around with them all, and sort out the wheat from the chaff, as I suspect that like the quest cards, the majority of them won't see any serious competitive play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 18:31 
Hello Hello Hello

Pre-order 50 packs for £45.....

I'm just nudging up to 10000 gold, or 100 packs, makes you realise how valuable keeping on top of your daily quests is.

Attachment:
pre-ordero.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:47 
Hello Hello Hello

Gave Control Priest a try last night, and glad I did. Wouldn't have bothered but I had the quest (after a mulligan) and wanted to do it whilst the double gold lasts.

Cost me a fair chunk of dust as I needed one legendary and four epics (3200 dust!), but it's a really solid deck. Can beat everything from Pirate Warrior to Jade Druid, although I did have a couple of losses to an Aggro Druid that got a very good start, and a solid Midrange Paladin deck.

Tipped over to Rank 12 and then dropped back down to 13. May have a push for Rank 10 this month.

Priests have a lot more early game now, not like the old days where you just healed yourself for the first four turns until you could play Auchenai > Circle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 
8-Bit Champion

I'm pretty much on the same rank (12 or 13) and currently running an Elemental Shaman deck.

The last update changed a few of the Shaman base cards to be 'elemental' so you get a lot more triggers for the bonus if you played an elemental last turn.

I did also try Jade Druid but just could not get things working - there seems to be a lot of luck to that one when you get your Auctioneer on the board - if you pull your innervates and other cheap spells out its great - if you dont your stuffed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
The last update changed a few of the Shaman base cards to be 'elemental' so you get a lot more triggers for the bonus if you played an elemental last turn.

I don't remember seeing anything anywhere about that, which cards changed? I quite like Elemental Shaman but found it missed on the triggers far too often, so that could be an interesting change.

Quote:
I did also try Jade Druid but just could not get things working - there seems to be a lot of luck to that one when you get your Auctioneer on the board - if you pull your innervates and other cheap spells out its great - if you dont your stuffed.

I really do hate Jade Druid, it's one of those decks that if it draws reasonably well you're really hard pushed to beat it with a control/midrange deck as it has infinite value in the late game.

It was great to duff one up with my Priest last night but it was touch and go for a bit, and he ended up starved of cards, a Nourish/Gadgetzan/spells could have had it all end up very differently.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything anywhere about that, which cards changed? I quite like Elemental Shaman but found it missed on the triggers far too often, so that could be an interesting change.

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/bl ... -7-10-2017

Quote:
The following minions are now Elementals:

Jade Spirit, Djinni of Zephyrs, Flame of Azzinoth, Mana Geode, and Hallazeal, the Ascended.

I think they may have been another around the same time but i'll need to check

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 13:31 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhh right I didn't realise they'd bundled it in with the Quest Rogue nerf. (Speaking of which I have seen a couple of people trying to play it since the nerf, it really, really doesn't work with 5 same-name minions required....)

I might give Elemental Shaman another try then, as opposed to Control Evolve Shaman, which is my current Shaman deck of choice.

I'm going to be Control Priesting the shit out of everyone tonight though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 13:56 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Ahhh right I didn't realise they'd bundled it in with the Quest Rogue nerf. (Speaking of which I have seen a couple of people trying to play it since the nerf, it really, really doesn't work with 5 same-name minions required....)

You can still get the quest to fire but the chances of it are very slim , you really need to get it with flame elemental s or be lucky with a mimic pod - even then your onto turn 6 , 7 or 8 normally to even trigger it and by that time your dead because you've not got any sticky minions on the board

I've played one or two people who are still trying to make it work but it just doesn't.

I'm disappointed that after the fanfare for quests they all turned out to be rubbish

Warrior excepted but that is *such* a dull quest to play either as or against - from turn 2 onwards the warriors turn is 'play a taunt minion' - the other sides turn is bash the taunt minion - Until either the other side breaks through enough to kill the warrior , or their quest gets off and they start Raggying everything :-)

I generally win with it - but its so dull and slow to play I'd rather use another deck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:00 
Sleepyhead

Heh. Just came across Doppelgangster into evolve (x2) for the first time. That was something of a game changer!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 
Sleepyhead

Curiosity wrote:
Heh. Just came across Doppelgangster into evolve (x2) for the first time. That was something of a game changer!

And again!

I dislike that. I also dislike Devolve.

And Jade things.

And that Shaman has so freaking many direct removal spells too!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 13:09 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:

Yeah thats a great trick but you do need a little bit of luck - my current shaman deck - apart from that you have devolve taunts and get lots of cheapish minions out and bloodlust (or x2)

### Elemental Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Evolve
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 1x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 1x (3) Hex
# 1x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 1x (3) Igneous Elemental
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Jinyu Waterspeaker
# 2x (4) Tol'vir Stoneshaper
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 1x (5) Doppelgangster
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (7) Stone Sentinel
#
AAECAfe5AgyBBPUE/gXdugLRvAL2vQL5vwKcwQLKwwKHxALGxwLIxwIJvQHwB5MJ+qoC+6oCoLYCmcIC68ICwsMCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Probably a few things more need tweaking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 14:39 
Sleepyhead

I've not played Arena much recently, but got this free go, and from the tier lists online, I've got to say that I think the Vicious Fledgling is by far the most underrated card. I would take it over almost anything. It is by a mile the most instrumental card in any defeats I have had, and often the most instrumental in my winning.

If you can drop it into an empty board (opponent dropped it turn 3 with a 3/5 on the board already in my most recent game) then if you don't have immediate removal or can hide behind a strong taunt, you're probably going down for over half your health because of it, maybe more. It's not a great card defensively (though the opponent will always target it first, so it can be a good distraction or opportunity to get other minions out for buffing), but if you are about level or have an advantage it can easily win a game by itself. Any reason why it's rated as 'average'?

Rating it below, say, a Golakka Crawler, is madness. The other is a decent body to throw at a board, with an additional ability that I have never seen come off. VF attacks you and is suddenly a 6/3 with windfury in one turn!

Thoughts? As I said earlier, it kills me or loses me the game far more often than any other card I have come across in all my arena games (which until recently was all I played).

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 72  Next