Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Amnesia Scum Day Five
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 
Sleepyhead

The morning starts as it always does, with a cacophony of sound and choking. Needless to say there's a coffin in the white room.

"Good morning."

Needless to say, it's the Apple Pie of Destiny in it

"That was somewhat predictable after you all decided to kill your own doctor.

Well, this subject was an interesting one. Obsessed with information, a bit of a stalker type, really. So I gave him what he wanted. Each night he would receive information on what had happened behind the scenes over the previous night and day. He wanted the bad guys to be eliminated, and also to survive.

The rate things are going, he'd have been sorely disappointed."

[playerlist]
Craster
Runcle
Mr Russell
Mimi
myp
KovacsC
Mr Dom
TheVision
Bobbyaro
Grim...
Malc
krazywookie
Joans
Alarm
[/playerlist]

14 players. 8 votes to eliminate someone.

Do so by 8pm on Thursday.

Post subject: Re: Amnesia Scum Day Five
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Oh bugger....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 
Excellent Member

Bah. Exactly as Trooper predicted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 

Well that's completely stuffed things up. I wonder what kind of information APoD had to share... I'm not sure it was completely evident from what he said :( Just numbers and the like, it would appear, so no particular clues as to who is who, just the kind if thing we are up against.

I'm not sure that APoDs role worked in our favour in the end. He and Trooper seemed to be up against each other for some while, and I think a good number of people, myself included, were convinced that one of those two, or Grim... had to be bad.

Did APoD confirm the role of a hacker somewhere along the line, which we might take to be what caused KrazyWookie to unconsciously vote, or do we think that APoD WAS the hacker, just with the actual title 'stalker' (I mean, is it the same role?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
He and Trooper seemed to be up against each other for some while, and I think a good number of people, myself included, were convinced that one of those two, or Grim... had to be bad.

Why's that? The "message" man has, so far, said that I'm bad and Trooper was bad, so he's not exactly to be trusted. Did anyone get a message last night?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Er. Sorry Trooper. Did you have a secondary win condition of "Be as suspicious as possible"?

Here's a question dating back to the 'guess your role' day. We know that only 4 people got their roles confirmed, yet a number of people stated they were too late. Which clearly wasn't true.

So, why did you lie about being too late to get your role confirmed, myp? Joans?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 
UltraMod

I lied because I was a bit embarrassed about what I asked. I assumed I was far too late, so asked if I was Dimrill just to annoy Boobies. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 
What's this bit for exactly?

Hmm... I did say that we would have been better off lynching Grim... first and keep APOD for a day, although why APOD didn't just 'show' us the actual printouts so we could have a dig around the numbers, I will never know..

Can we search his room & see if the printouts are there?

I am suss of Grim's message saying Trooper was bad tbh.
If Grim.. is a baddie (as the first message suggested) then I can see this 'lie' being put forward to discredit the messages as well as get Trooper lynched.

Going back to day 3:

Not voted: craster, mimi, goddess jasmine, kovacsc, thevision, grim..., joans, alarm
If Grim is a baddie, then I reckon most of this group is a mix of baddies & masons.

The masons know who they are, and the baddies probably know who the masons are now too Grim..., and by my reckoning that makes 7 people who won't vote Grim out, so tbh I think we are screwed...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
He and Trooper seemed to be up against each other for some while, and I think a good number of people, myself included, were convinced that one of those two, or Grim... had to be bad.

Why's that? The "message" man has, so far, said that I'm bad and Trooper was bad, so he's not exactly to be trusted. Did anyone get a message last night?

Oh, do you think that Trooper was receiving messages from another inmate? I'd assumed that he was recurring data from Boobies in the firm of raw numbers, and that either he or we're group had interpreted them wrongly, or come to incorrect conclusions. The information seemed too numerical to be from another player. If the info HAS come from another player then they must know a lot of data, but presumably the same stuff that they were passing to Trooper, so I can't see why there'd be two such roles? But maybe there are?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
The masons know who they are, and the baddies probably know who the masons are now too Grim..., and by my reckoning that makes 7 people who won't vote Grim out, so tbh I think we are screwed...

If Grim... is a mason, why wouldn't the bad guys vote for him?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 
Awesome
Yes

Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Oh, do you think that Trooper was receiving messages from another inmate? I'd assumed that he was recurring data from Boobies in the firm of raw numbers, and that either he or we're group had interpreted them wrongly, or come to incorrect conclusions. The information seemed too numerical to be from another player. If the info HAS come from another player then they must know a lot of data, but presumably the same stuff that they were passing to Trooper, so I can't see why there'd be two such roles? But maybe there are?

There is a suspicious unidentified person who has sent messages along the lines of "xxx is a bad guy, I'm sure of it" who fingered Trooper and Grim... respectively.

APoD was the one who was getting the printouts. Not Trooper. Who was the Doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 

Craster wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:

And why seven? Were mason/bad guy numbers confirmed somewhere? I know that trooper said there were either two or three mafia with one left to find, but do we know how many masons there are? I thought only the masons knew that, but knew that they'd found each other on the first night, and if what Grim... suggests is correct the information might be misleading and planted by a baddie, anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:25 

Mr Russell wrote:

There is a suspicious unidentified person who has sent messages along the lines of "xxx is a bad guy, I'm sure of it" who fingered Trooper and Grim... respectively.

APoD was the one who was getting the printouts. Not Trooper. Who was the Doctor.

Oh, right, I get you. I seem to have muddled that in with Trooper's information. Do you remember who received those messages? (I'm on my phone and can't backtrack through the day too easily as it takes ages to load).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 

Damn, and I don't mean Trooper, I mean APoD. Hmm... Better go and have another coffee, I think :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:39 
UltraMod

Going to get my vote in now, as I will be incapacitated until the evening. [vote:Bobbyaro] as he is incredibly suss now that Trooper has gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:08 

Craster wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:

Because I think Grim.. is a bad guy too.
I think the first psychic message was a true one (only send a message if the target is a bad guy - and they have missed the other nights, but at least they know who they targeted the other nights and that they are probably good guys), and the second one was made up by Grim... to save his skin.

At a guess there are 4 masons & 3-4 mafia (7 in total if Grim counts for one of each)

if Grim IS a baddie, then my previous list would probably serve quite well as a high-density list of masons/bad guys, which would be nice :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 13:04 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

myp wrote:
Going to get my vote in now, as I will be incapacitated until the evening. [vote:Bobbyaro] as he is incredibly suss now that Trooper has gone.

Are you going to back this up with anything?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 17:36 
UltraMod

Bobbyaro wrote:
myp wrote:

Are you going to back this up with anything?

No.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 19:03 

Well, gee, in that case, how could I possibly argue! WTF is this shit?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 21:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

My suspicion-ometer is on myp right now. Lied about his role guess for no good reason, and was constantly voting for trooper. That last one's probably incidental, because I doubt he would have known who trooper was, but still, I've got nowt else to go on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 22:49 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
My suspicion-ometer is on myp right now. Lied about his role guess for no good reason, and was constantly voting for trooper. That last one's probably incidental, because I doubt he would have known who trooper was, but still, I've got nowt else to go on.

Krazywookie is off my radar now, after recent events. Your myp speculation has grains of truth in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 23:49 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dom wrote:
I am suss of Grim's message saying Trooper was bad tbh.

Are you? So I am, because, well, it wasn't true. Rather like I said at the time.

Mr Dom wrote:
If Grim.. is a baddie (as the first message suggested) then I can see this 'lie' being put forward to discredit the messages as well as get Trooper lynched.

A valid point - but you'll notice no-one else had a message to counter it with.

Mr Dom wrote:
Not voted: craster, mimi, goddess jasmine, kovacsc, thevision, grim..., joans, alarm
If Grim is a baddie, then I reckon most of this group is a mix of baddies & masons.

That's quite the jump. Why wouldn't I just be making the masons up?

Mr Dom wrote:

If, and it's a big if, I'm a mason and a baddie, that's entirely possible. But like I've said - if I'm a bad guy, I don't know it. Do you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 

okay folks, we need to get something going here, in the interest of starting anything [vote:KovacsC].

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 

Do you think KovacsC a more likely bad guy than Grim... After all of the confusion of the last few days? All of the stuff with Trooper/Grim.../APoD will have come to nothing if it turns out that they were all good. That's a possibility, but it just seems odd that it came about for no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Craster wrote:

I'm putting my money where my mouth is. [vote:myp]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:10 

Mimi wrote:
Do you think KovacsC a more likely bad guy than Grim... After all of the confusion of the last few days? All of the stuff with Trooper/Grim.../APoD will have come to nothing if it turns out that they were all good. That's a possibility, but it just seems odd that it came about for no reason.

Actually, Why is Grim... still alive?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:18 

Mimi wrote:

Grim.. is the final key in the puzzle, and it is all the more puzzling that having roleclaimed for a townie power role he has survived a couple of nights already... wierd?

However, given that he probably has 2 block vote groups thinking he is one of theirs, then I think he has protection from lynching for the now.

Also, the fact he is a mason means he should be publicly towing the line with them, so his vote should reflect the masonic votes, and they know who a couple of good guys are.
(Although he is possibly deflecting the votes away from real bad guys...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:26 
Awesome
Yes

Surely if Grim... is a Mason, and there's no protection from the Doctor he'll be killed off tonight if he's not mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:31 

A plan has struck me!
A letter...

Dear Masons,

Please consider Grim... compromised, and discuss between the remaining ones who to vote for. Consider also people Grim... has deflected from.
But - you can instruct Grim... to relay messages to the town.
He can become your official spokesperson :)
If he is not a bad guy, he will be for the chop tonight anyway as a confirmed town power role, and a useful one if he is your spokesperson.
If he is a bad guy, they may have to kill one of their own tonight to stop this, if not, we get a hotline to the masons to use :)

Muhahahaha.

So Grim... please let us in on any extra info the Masons have gathered :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
A plan has struck me!
Please consider Grim... compromised

You're desperate to push this, even though the only indication that Grim... was a bad guy also said Trooper was a bad guy. What's with that?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:34 

Right at the end of Day three, Trooper was voting for Grim... I find it hard to believe he then went on to protect him.
The Mafia did not kill Grim.... the killed GJ; so they did not target him. Why not, there had been no(?) mention of a doctor at that point, so to assume that a potentially non-existent character is going to protect him seems a bit of a stretch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:37 

Craster wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:
A plan has struck me!
Please consider Grim... compromised

You're desperate to push this, even though the only indication that Grim... was a bad guy also said Trooper was a bad guy. What's with that?

We only have Grim...s word that there was a note saying trooper was a bad guy, and if the first message was true, then I can see many good reasons why Grim... would make us such a lie.

However - he does give a mouthpiece to the Masons, so on balance I think it is better for town to keep him around for a while :)

(Paranoid thought: What if there are not any masons? What if it all a lie?)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:40 
Awesome
Yes

I think I'll be voting for either Grim... or Mr Dom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:41 

I find it hard to believe Mr Dom is bad at this stage, why would he suddenly raise his head like this, in fact it is almost so obvious I am suss of you for saying it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:42 
Awesome
Yes

Bobbyaro wrote:
I find it hard to believe Mr Dom is bad at this stage, why would he suddenly raise his head like this, in fact it is almost so obvious I am suss of you for saying it.

Well Mr Dom is very vocal in wanting Grim... dead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:47 

Which is highly unlikely to happen at this stage, and is not really something the Mafia need, the masons aren't exactly guiding the town with any direction so the Mafia are totally safe, they have the only kill role, the town's investigation roles are dead, and no one is voting, why would they bother to force Grim...'s death at this stage of the day when doing so puts them completely in the firing line?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dom wrote:
(Paranoid thought: What if there are not any masons? What if it all a lie?)

Have you got me on ignore?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dom wrote:
So Grim... please let us in on any extra info the Masons have gathered :)

Well, we all think you're a fucking tool, if that helps.

Other than that, not much. I don't really know what you're expecting, but here are the people that are not masons...

Actually, bear with me a sec.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Er, actually, I'm probably not going to tell you, as it'd be listing the people that aren't masons would also be listing the people that are.

So, um... As you were.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh, and [vote:Mr Dom], because Jesus Christ.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:58 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Did no-one get a message last night, by the way?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 13:59 

Grim... wrote:
Er, actually, I'm probably not going to tell you, as it'd be listing the people that aren't masons would also be listing the people that are.

So, um... As you were.

Um.. noone suggested that you should list them. Just help the town by pointing in a direction that the other masons agree on, thus ensuring we don't accidentally get a real Mason, or anyone else that one of the masons knows anything about.

Instead, at the point I suggest that you could be useful to the town, you start voting for me. Classy...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
Um.. noone suggested that you should list them. Just help the town by pointing in a direction that the other masons agree on, thus ensuring we don't accidentally get a real Mason, or anyone else that one of the masons knows anything about.

Instead, at the point I suggest that you could be useful to the town, you start voting for me. Classy...

Of course, you're missing the possibility that voting for you is the option that all the other masons have agreed on :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dom wrote:
thus ensuring we don't accidentally get a real Mason, or anyone else that one of the masons knows anything about.

Well, we don't actually know anything about anyone but us.

Mr Dom wrote:

You're the only one voting for a real mason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:10 
Awesome
Yes

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:
thus ensuring we don't accidentally get a real Mason, or anyone else that one of the masons knows anything about.

Well, we don't actually know anything about anyone but us.

But you at least know that you can put froward a vote for a person and it won't be a mason, rather than us pick a person and you have to wade in and confirm them as a mason to stop us voting for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:10 
Awesome
Yes

Stupid quotes above.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Russell wrote:
But you at least know that you can put froward a vote for a person and it won't be a mason, rather than us pick a person and you have to wade in and confirm them as a mason to stop us voting for them.

/makes a "you'll get it in a second" face with raised eyebrows and such

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:14 
Awesome
Yes

Grim... wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

/makes a "you'll get it in a second" face with raised eyebrows and such

Get a move on, queer face.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

mr dom: 1 (Grim...)
myp: 1 (Craster)
kovacsc: 1 (Bobbyaro)
bobbyaro: 1 (myp)

Not voted: 10 (runcle, mr russell, mimi, kovacsc, mr dom, thevision, malc, krazywookie, joans, alarm)

With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch, and 8 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:15 

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:

You're the only one voting for a real mason.

Interesting.. I haven't voted for anyone, in fact if you bothered to read my posts I was arguing that it is better to keep you around.

But from what you say, neither Myp, Bobbyaro & KovacsC are masons then.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next