Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Amnesia Scum Day Four
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:25 
Sleepyhead

Again, you are ushered into the white room in a haze of nerve gas and sirens.

Again, there's a coffin.

"This will keep on happening, you know?"

The coffin opens

It is Goddess Jasmine

"Another Insignificant Test Subject, hoping to rid the room of killers.

I wonder if the rest of you will succeed where she did not."

[playerlist]
Craster
Trooper
Runcle
Mr Russell
Mimi
myp
KovacsC
Mr Dom
TheVision
Bobbyaro
Grim...
ApplePieOfDestiny
Malc
krazywookie
Joans
Alarm
[/playerlist]

Day ends 8pm on Tuesday, or if 9 people agree on a vote.

Post subject: Re: Amnesia Scum Day Four
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

Great, so we are in exactly the same position as yesterday in terms of open knowledge, but one townie down!

Anybody have any reason why we shouldn't carry on where we left off yesterday?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

[vote:trooper]

Trooper said yesterday that he asked Boobies to confirm his role but that Boobies replied that he was too late. He wasn't. There are only four people who have confirmed roles. There is still time for someone else to confirm their role, hopefully, someone who has a protector role for me tonight.

I note that Krazywookie appears to be Troopers supabestmate, and also said he was too late to confirm, but that may be uncertainty, so just a big FOS for him for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oh, and before anybody tries to twist my words again. That "great" was obviously sarcastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I also am suspicious of Trooper. Good guys don't tend to survive an almost-lynch, because there are always bad guys ready to pile on if the lynchee is actually innocent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Trooper said yesterday that he asked Boobies to confirm his role but that Boobies replied that he was too late. He wasn't. There are only four people who have confirmed roles. There is still time for someone else to confirm their role, hopefully, someone who has a protector role for me tonight.

I note that Krazywookie appears to be Troopers supabestmate, and also said he was too late to confirm, but that may be uncertainty, so just a big FOS for him for now.

Errr... what?

I came in 2 hours after everyone else yesterday, sent a message to Boobies with my guess, and he replied back saying I was too late. How do you think there is still time? It was 5 guesses, not 5 confirmations!

Blimey, this is a crazy accusation. Anybody can test it, and I urge them too. Just send an email with a guess to Boobies and see what you get back. I also assume others got a message saying they were too late, I can't have been the only one to be too late.

You are either massively confused or desperate to get rid of me, this has made my vote more difficult today that is for sure! You or Grim... basically.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:59 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

@ Craster, that is normally true, but as the bad guys don't (most likely) know each other, then it has a little less weight than normal.
@APOD, How do you know this? I could understand if you had stated, "Trooper is a bad guy." But I can't imagine an investigative role which allows you to get the information you have stated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
I also am suspicious of Trooper. Good guys don't tend to survive an almost-lynch, because there are always bad guys ready to pile on if the lynchee is actually innocent.

That early in the game, where most people don't even know if they are good or bad (and possibly still don't)

I assume that means you are suspicious of Grim... too? If not, why not?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Errr... what?

I came in 2 hours after everyone else yesterday, sent a message to Boobies with my guess, and he replied back saying I was too late. How do you think there is still time? It was 5 guesses, not 5 confirmations!

Blimey, this is a crazy accusation. Anybody can test it, and I urge them too. Just send an email with a guess to Boobies and see what you get back. I also assume others got a message saying they were too late, I can't have been the only one to be too late.

You are either massively confused or desperate to get rid of me, this has made my vote more difficult today that is for sure! You or Grim... basically.

Well, sorry APOD I've re-read the rules and it seems you are correct, I totally misunderstood the rules:)

"But be careful and be quick; you only get one guess each, and only the first five correct guesses will be confirmed."

So it appears there is someone out there who has a confirmed role, but it isn't me. I was told I was too late with my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:

Yup. Although if he's a mason, as claimed, that's a good reason right there why there would be a group of people deliberately not voting for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Oh bugger.. We lost a good guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Yup. Although if he's a mason, as claimed, that's a good reason right there why there would be a group of people deliberately not voting for him.

Group? Considering, as grim... claims, the masons only know they are masons if they somehow randomly choose another mason to contact, and we only had 2 nights of activity by yesterday. That would be a pretty huge coincidence to get a big enough group to actively stop a lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 
Awesome
Yes

What's Malc's vision for last night?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:
Group? Considering, as grim... claims, the masons only know they are masons if they somehow randomly choose another mason to contact, and we only had 2 nights of activity by yesterday. That would be a pretty huge coincidence to get a big enough group to actively stop a lynch.

Quite. But it's more than you're offering us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Bobbyaro wrote:
@ Craster, that is normally true, but as the bad guys don't (most likely) know each other, then it has a little less weight than normal.
@APOD, How do you know this? I could understand if you had stated, "Trooper is a bad guy." But I can't imagine an investigative role which allows you to get the information you have stated.

Although our captor is an evil, psycopathic genius, he is shit at setting up a LAN. I sleep in a room which has a printer in it, and whenever he prints the summaries of day and night actions, it prints off in my room rather than in his control centre. I woke up last night and the printout said that 6 people had guessed their roles incorrectly, 4 people correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I saw a message overnight. It was written in charcoal and said "Trooper - he's a bad guy. I'm sure of it."
I'm pretty sure they're all made up.

While I'm here and not dead, here is a list of all the people that we know are not Masons:

Goddess Jasmine
Runcle
Krazywookie
Gilly
DavPaz
Mr Dom
Goddess Jasmine :S

It's not much, granted, but it's all we have.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Although our captor is an evil, psycopathic genius, he is shit at setting up a LAN. I sleep in a room which has a printer in it, and whenever he prints the summaries of day and night actions, it prints off in my room rather than in his control centre. I woke up last night and the printout said that 6 people had guessed their roles incorrectly, 4 people correctly.

...Interesting.

How much of a 'summary' do you get?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I woke up last night and the printout said that 6 people had guessed their roles incorrectly, 4 people correctly.

You know I guessed incorrectly, right? And one of my mason chums guessed correctly?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I woke up last night and the printout said that 6 people had guessed their roles incorrectly, 4 people correctly.

You know I guessed incorrectly, right? And one of my mason chums guessed correctly?

I only get numbers I'm afraid. However, I do also know that zero people were refused guesses.

There is one more piece of information from last night that I have, but it would help the bad guys to pass that on, so it will have to wait for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
I saw a message overnight. It was written in charcoal and said "Trooper - he's a bad guy. I'm sure of it."

Indeed, if they were true then that would make you a bad guy.

From posting that and from the list you have just provided, i'm inclined to believe you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Indeed, if they were true then that would make you a bad guy.

I said made up - they could still be true.

I mean, I know I'm not a bad guy, which is an advantage that not many people have (I assume).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

But I don't know anything about you. Is what I should have said without pausing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:42 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

I only get numbers I'm afraid. However, I do also know that zero people were refused guesses.

There is one more piece of information from last night that I have, but it would help the bad guys to pass that on, so it will have to wait for now.

Ok, well it appears that either you are lying or I am, and from the suspicion over the past couple of days I expect its going to be me for the chop.

I admit, I lied. Partly through a misreading of the rules, and partly because I got information that I didn't want to share with the group for obvious reasons.
If the one more piece of information is as I expect it is, then this should come as no surprise. I did have my role confirmed, I was correct in my guess that I am the doctor.

I'm probably the only protecting role the good guys have, but c'est la vie at least I can get one more protection done tonight (if the town wants me to) and I think apod has the best information gathering tool we have, so I will protect him tonight and almost certainly get myself killed in the process.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Ok, well it appears that either you are lying or I am, and from the suspicion over the past couple of days I expect its going to be me for the chop.

I admit, I lied. Partly through a misreading of the rules, and partly because I got information that I didn't want to share with the group for obvious reasons.
If the one more piece of information is as I expect it is, then this should come as no surprise. I did have my role confirmed, I was correct in my guess that I am the doctor.

I'm probably the only protecting role the good guys have, but c'est la vie at least I can get one more protection done tonight (if the town wants me to) and I think apod has the best information gathering tool we have, so I will protect him tonight and almost certainly get myself killed in the process.

you what now?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:00 
ugvm'er at heart...

I expected the information that APOD has was to do with who the doctor was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:

Haha. And that's why he started the day by voting for you, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 

Have you used your protecting role to any effect so far?

(is the doctor a role-blocking role, can someone explain?)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:

It sometimes is. As we've had no role descriptions so far, I guess we don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Hah! Very true, so it obviously wasn't that!

Either way, the deed is done, I am the doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Oh, very good spot! That's pretty damning!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:

If APOD is a baddie, then yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Trooper wrote:

Nope. Indeed I have no evidence that there is a doctor (or more than one doctor), although I hope there is one. There is a hacker however, who could have a protective power, although that doesn't seem the case given the title.

Also, the one bit of information that I have I had concluded may help the bad guys would actually (upon thinking about it properly, duh) help the good guys more. This is that the Masons have found all of their friends, the Mafia haven't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mimi wrote:
Have you used your protecting role to any effect so far?

Doubtful it has had any effect.

Targets so far (as already mentioned in previous days)
Night 1 : Myp
Night 2 : Craster
Night 3 : Runcle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 
Isn't that lovely?

I don't have any memory of anything from last night.

Trooper, you're sound well suss right now!

[vote: Trooper]

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
This is that the Masons have found all of their friends

Have we? Oh, that's a shame.

On the first night, too :o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Is that true? If so I can work out how many Mafia we have.

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Nope. Indeed I have no evidence that there is a doctor (or more than one doctor), although I hope there is one. There is a hacker however, who could have a protective power, although that doesn't seem the case given the title.

Also, the one bit of information that I have I had concluded may help the bad guys would actually (upon thinking about it properly, duh) help the good guys more. This is that the Masons have found all of their friends, the Mafia haven't.

If you're getting all these numbers (data) and facts/figures, doesn't that make you the likely candidate for the hacker role?

ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Well, that explains your vote for me. I was hoping you could confirm that I was telling the truth, but I guess it comes down to trust now.

As I said before when I was almost lynched, on your own heads be it. The same obviously applies today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:14 
Awesome
Yes

APOD if you have three nights of info now you're better to keep it secret and just lead us in suggesting a person to vote for, surely.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 
ugvm'er at heart...

Tonight I will protect whoever the town wants me to protect, at the moment I think that should be APOD. I will obviously be killed tonight regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Is that true? If so I can work out how many Mafia we have.

Well, yes.

Hang on and I'll confer with my buddies about whether or not we want to tell you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh wait - did you just want to know about the "first night" bit? Yes, it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Mr Russell wrote:
APOD if you have three nights of info now you're better to keep it secret and just lead us in suggesting a person to vote for, surely.

See first post.

I've reinforced my view on this as Trooper has told us that he lied about the refused role verification because he was the Doctor. In that case, it seems like an unnecessary lie to spin and one that he could have avoided making. If he is a doctor, and that lie ultimately gets him lynched, then he was a bit of a dick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I did exactly the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

See first post.

I've reinforced my view on this as Trooper has told us that he lied about the refused role verification because he was the Doctor. In that case, it seems like an unnecessary lie to spin and one that he could have avoided making. If he is a doctor, and that lie ultimately gets him lynched, then he was a bit of a dick.

As mentioned, I misread the rules and thought it was just the first 5 guesses that would be confirmed or not. It was a simple statement to say that I was too late after that and hopefully not be questioned on my role.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 

With everything with Grim.../Trooper on day three, and APoD/Trooper today, if Trooper is confirmed as good, then does that make the other two likely bad guys?

What Craster pointed out still seems quite damning, because Trooper was using APoD as back up, but yes, it's also possible that APoD is lying.

I think it's going to be another case of having to lynch one to try and unravel the story. Because of Trooper's continued involvement in ten confusing nature of the last two days, I'm going to stick with my vote for him if no further information comes out.

Unless we let the day run out before we get a lynch, of course :headdesk:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Nah, I figure he's lying.

[vote: Trooper]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:23 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:

Exactly, it's hardly a smoking gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Exactly, it's hardly a smoking gun.

Well, I did it because I thought I might be a cultist (and I was wrong).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

You will note that there hasn't been a counter claim, and there won't be as I know my role and know the truth.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next