Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Scum Wars Day Three
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 
baron of techno

I shall also [vote:unvote] for now too then. Happy to go in for a quiet one instead.

Post subject: Re: Scum Wars Day Three
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 
Sleepyhead

LATE NIGHT VOTE UPDATE!!!

Scum Wars Day Three

VOTE UPDATE

gospvg: 1 (ApplePieOfDestiny)
gazchap: 1 (LaceSensor)
malia: 1 (DavPaz)
flis: 1 (Gilly)
lacesensor: 3 (GazChap, gospvg, Zeppo)

Not voted: 14 (grim..., kalmar, zaphod79, kovacsc, malc, malia, craster, flis, thevision, joans, sinister agent, bobbyaro, alarm, goddess jasmine)

With 21 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch, and 16 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:25 
Excellent Member

Yo! I am not being quiet on purpose, like! Work has been busy (end of month = valuations) and I am having a busy weekend with dirty beer! I am posting this from a hotel with a creeky bed....

I have been trying read through the last couple of days, I have nothing to add, really....For me, it's too early to spot alliances or voting patterns and I'm not sure anyone has slipped up? We need to lynch the bad guys more than ever in this game because unlike other games, we can't rely on anyone else taking them out at this stage. The Jedi are next to useless because they can't kill Palpatine or Vader, until Yoda finds Maul we're on our own, really. I'm not counting the Jawa or Jabba because they're no real threat I don't think? Other than meeting their win condition.

I have no strong feelings about anyone, I don't think...when I get home tomorrow, I will pay closer attention from then on!

Love you, fellow cave dwellers x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 
Excellent Member

I don't really have anything to add either. I don't know who is who at the moment (bar my own role).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:
Gazchap and Lacesensor... that came out of nowhere! The fact that you both voted for each other in 30 minutes sounds a little suspicious, but I haven't the foggiest what you'd gain from it?

I was just playing around.
going to go back to my original now, until days end unless anything else springs up.

[vote: DavPaz]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 
Unpossible!

Baffling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 13:10 
Isn't that lovely?

LaceSensor wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Gazchap and Lacesensor... that came out of nowhere! The fact that you both voted for each other in 30 minutes sounds a little suspicious, but I haven't the foggiest what you'd gain from it?

going to go back to my original now, until days end unless anything else springs up.

Why?

I think that's quite suspicious to be honest. lots of people to choose from already on some sort of vote, and then you add davpaz to the mix.

I think [vote:LaceSensor] although I am kinda suspicious of Kalmar, I think he's too clever to be as confused as he's making out to be.

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 13:18 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Why?

I think that's quite suspicious to be honest. lots of people to choose from already on some sort of vote, and then you add davpaz to the mix.

I think [vote:LaceSensor] although I am kinda suspicious of Kalmar, I think he's too clever to be as confused as he's making out to be.

Malc

Going back to my original vote, because I think DavPaz is suss.
I dont want to vote for the other people available. I think MaliA has added something useful to the discussion. Gosvpg is amusingly newbie to this, and I think they could have a role but maybe something good-sided. Flis I dont really see enough evidence for so far.

Anyway, why do I have to pick someone off the list?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 13:21 
Isn't that lovely?

It actually makes less difference than I thought. I guess they are only on 1, and there is also more time than I though.

hmmm

I still think the general rule stands, the more people up for the chop the more confusion, the worse it is for us rebels.

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 13:33 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:
It actually makes less difference than I thought. I guess they are only on 1, and there is also more time than I though.

hmmm

I still think the general rule stands, the more people up for the chop the more confusion, the worse it is for us rebels.

Malc

Ive stated my reasons for not favouring the others.
Potentially I would move my vote but I dont have strong reasons to do so.
Due to the complexity of the situation im just as in the dark as most as to whom to vote for.

Its kinda typical though, the more involved you get in the thread the more people notice you and think you are a baddie. Id bet my bottom dollar at least half of the quietest folks are siths.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 14:00 
Master of dodgy spelling....

[vote:LaceSensor]

For the reason that Gaz saod.

He has seemed to pop up vote, without reasons, then the retaliation vote.

FOS of zeppo and Gospvg (for teh meditaion line)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 14:01 

Scum Wars Day Three
VOTE UPDATE

gospvg: 1 (ApplePieOfDestiny)
davpaz: 1 (LaceSensor)
lacesensor: 5 (GazChap, gospvg, Zeppo, Malc, KovacsC)

Not voted: 12 (grim..., kalmar, zaphod79, malia, craster, flis, thevision, joans, sinister agent, bobbyaro, alarm, goddess jasmine)

With 21 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch, and 16 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Not sure if we will hit a lynch today...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 14:09 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:

As above, you can get a rise out of people when you vote for them.
I think the vote for Gosvpg was justified, seeing as they are new and prone to mistakes, particularly when pushed.
The Gaz thing was plain and simple just a mess around. I dont FOS Gaz right now.
If people wanna make a big deal outta the "retaliation" joke then so be it, im telling you, it was in jest.

My reason for voting for DavPaz is some suspect comments over the course of the game so far, and Im not the only one to have picked up on them.

Going to the gym now, and likely wont have much time to post Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 14:12 
Excellent Member

LaceSensor wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Gosvpg was justified, seeing as they are new and prone to mistakes

Sorry to quote myself, but reading back again, that meditation line is exactly what im talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 15:24 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Quote:
Going to the gym now, and likely wont have much time to post Monday.

That's a suspiciously long visit to the gym.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 17:39 
*lurk*

[vote:unvote] looking back, I was just in a mood to vote for someone, ANYONE...

Actually, [vote:nolynch] for now - say what you like about no lynch favouring sith etc etc, so far it's done us well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 18:01 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Zeppo wrote:
[vote:unvote] looking back, I was just in a mood to vote for someone, ANYONE...

Actually, [vote:nolynch] for now - say what you like about no lynch favouring sith etc etc, so far it's done us well.

I'm not sure it has - remember there are multiple factions in play here - for all we know the jawa has one of the droids and Jabba has mutiple slaves - just because they are not out of the game yet doesnt mean that there have not been 'kills' - as such i really think we need to lynch rather than just waiting around for them to hit their win conditions and take out large chunks of the rebels.

No-one is really standing out to me at the moment , and although Lace has a number of votes from whats been previously said i'm not sure he's a baddie.

Right now I think the one I'm most wary of is Bobby so that's where my vote goes right now (more for the silence than anything else)

[vote:bobbyaro]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 18:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Here's a thought. If Solo, 3PO, and Yoda roleclaim, we'll have 3 known rebel voting blocs, adding up to 8 people (or nine if we have Lando). They can guide the vote away from known rebels (we might still hit Leia, Chirrpa, or nemeless rebels).

Solo has a 1-kill immunity (Curio, does that apply to kidnap attempts?), 3PO can be replaced by Leia, and Obi-Wan can protect Yoda.

Thoughts? Flaws?

Also, I know who Ackbar is, raising that to 10-11 votes, but you've only got my word that I'm a good guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 18:10 

Craster wrote:
Here's a thought. If Solo, 3PO, and Yoda roleclaim, we'll have 3 known rebel voting blocs, adding up to 8 people (or nine if we have Lando). They can guide the vote away from known rebels (we might still hit Leia, Chirrpa, or nemeless rebels).

Solo has a 1-kill immunity (Curio, does that apply to kidnap attempts?), 3PO can be replaced by Leia, and Obi-Wan can protect Yoda.

Thoughts? Flaws?

Also, I know who Ackbar is, raising that to 10-11 votes, but you've only got my word that I'm a good guy.

Thoughts - Sounds a reasonable plan

Flaws - Where do you get 8 people from?
Solo knows who Chewbacca is, and Yoda knows who Luke and Obi Wan are, but it doesn't specify that 3PO knows who R2 D2 is, and although Lando knows who Solo is, the rules don't say the reverse is true. So I think we'd only have 7 known rebels.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 18:12 

Oh right, sorry if Lando has chosen to side with the Rebels, then he can communicate with Han and Chewbacca.
This does mean that with your plan, even if we don't find out who Lando is, we'll know whose side he's on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 18:56 
Isn't that lovely?

3po doesn't know whom r2d2 is, but it's still potentially sound with 2 blocks of people, just not quite as effective as you'd made out.

Unless it's just a rouse to get goodies to role claim?

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:04 
8-Bit Champion

Its an interesting question - some other flaws with it just now

1) You (or someone else) could be the jawa and already have R2 , and just need 3po to finish your set , after claiming thats the end of that and you hit your win condition
2) The baddies can block - so your putting people into the firing line that they know who to target
3) It does help Jabba / Fett sort out their 'who to kidnap' list quite well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:11 

Ok, so there are 21 players left, and using this method we (as in, everyone in the thread, er, I mean cave) will learn:

Who Yoda is
Who Han Solo is
Who 3PO is (as 3PO doesn't know who R2D2 is, it might be better if he keeps quiet?)

That still leaves 18 unknown people, so where do we go from there? Do we get Yoda to suggest someone that we should lynch (that isn't Obi-Wan or Luke) and see if Han Solo gives the thumbs up (if Yoda happens to pick Chewbacca, then that's another person we all know).
If they're in the game, should Han tell everyone who Lando Calrissian is? I guess if he's a bad guy, then Han won't know if he's in the game or not.

I can see the reasoning for the plan, but without putting all the rebel names out, it's still really a case of picking someone and seeing if the known rebels vote for them or not, if they don't then that's another known rebel for the sith to get rid of.

Oh, and what happens when the sith (if there are 3 of them) roleclaim as the main group of rebels?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:37 
Best
Board Mother

Right, I've had a read through and I'm going to get my vote in now as tomorrow will likely all kick off while I'm at work.

I'm going to [vote:gospvg] becasuse;

1. He turned up as soon as it was mentioned about ppl being quite.
2. The meditating comment.
3. The comment about forgetting his role and what he can do.
4. For voting for LS for no obvious reason (I'm not saying LS is good, just that the vote was unjustified).

Non of these reasons on their own make me suspicious, but put together they do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:38 
Best
Board Mother

Scum Wars Day Three
VOTE UPDATE

nolynch: 1 (Zeppo)
bobbyaro: 1 (zaphod79)
gospvg: 2 (ApplePieOfDestiny, Goddess Jasmine)
lacesensor: 4 (GazChap, gospvg, Malc, KovacsC)

Not voted: 10 (grim..., kalmar, malia, craster, flis, thevision, joans, sinister agent, bobbyaro, alarm)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:08 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Right, I've had a read through and I'm going to get my vote in now as tomorrow will likely all kick off while I'm at work.

I'm going to [vote:gospvg] becasuse;

1. He turned up as soon as it was mentioned about ppl being quite.

Nope I turned up because I could, it's been busy at work & I did not have time to connect to the forum

2. The meditating comment.

Again see comment 1

3. The comment about forgetting his role and what he can do.

True because first time playing the game, I forgot my role & had to re-read the rules to see what they could do. I'm still confused :(

4. For voting for LS for no obvious reason (I'm not saying LS is good, just that the vote was unjustified).

Voted for LS because of popular vote

Non of these reasons on their own make me suspicious, but put together they do.

Ummm No they don't

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:09 

Sorry edited replies in the post tapatalk is a bit fiddly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:50 
Ready for action

Craster wrote:

Thoughts? Flaws?

If we did that, wouldn't we only have 6 people? Solo who can talk with Chewy, C3PO who can't talk to anyone and then Yoda who can talk to Luke and Obi. So that adds up to 7 if Lando is in the game and has chosen our side. Obi could protect Yoda but Solo and C3PO would both be leaving themselves wide open to attack at night and that would be that alliance dead after basically one night because the Sith would go for Solo and Jawa would go for C3P0. ok, Solo might survive another night with the escape thing but what would happen if the Sith and Jabba both targetted him in one night, surely he couldn't escape from both of them?
I have to agree with the other comments on the subject, I think it is an uneccessarily risky plan at this point when we are doing about as good as we could be at this point. In fact, the main beneficiary of this plan would be Jabba, Jawa or the Sith!
If we were at a situation where the Sith had lost their killing power and we'd eliminated Jabba then it could be worth considering but just now I just think it would play right into the bad guys hands.
I've just had to have the rules open in another window while I wrote this to make sure I was using the correct facts and to come up with a tactic like that then I'd imagine you had to do the same thing so I'd like to hear where your 9 good guys figure came from. If I've got it wrong then I hold my hands up but if you have it wrong then it's pretty dodgy for you to suggest a plan which exposes three of our power roles (one of which is undoubtedly our best one ie Yoda).
It would also mean baddys could try rereading comments to try and figure out who the unrevealed goodys were. I've almost talked myself into voting for you. The only reason I've not is because I had sorta convinced myself you were a goody because you said Ackbar had visited you and there hasn't been anything to dispute that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 0:02 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I'm not convinced.

[vote: gospvg]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 0:51 

sinister agent wrote:
I'm not convinced.

[vote: gospvg]

Oh well, If I am to be lynched so be it. I bow out with my head held high & I turn my back and walk away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 
8-Bit Champion

gospvg wrote:
Oh well, If I am to be lynched so be it. I bow out with my head held high & I turn my back and walk away.

Is that not a bit overdramatic considering your on 3 votes and need to be on 11 to be lynched ?

(I also assume the walk is some reference to a character leaving the films - i've only ever seen the three 'real' ones and dont remember that)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:03 

Ok I suggest a new strategy R2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 
Ready for action

8)
I think voting for gospvg is a waste for the reasons i detailed earlier. I think the last post backs this up. I hope not though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

zaphod79 wrote:

Right now I think the one I'm most wary of is Bobby so that's where my vote goes right now (more for the silence than anything else)

[vote:bobbyaro]

Does anyone else find this VERY suspicious?
Posts by Zaphod79 during this game: 13
Posts by Bobbyaro during this game: 12

Oh, the silence is deafening!
Care to explain, Mr "hide behind an innocuous challenge" McScummy Vadar?

As for gospvg, I genuinely have no idea what he is playing at? I would say he was JJB, if he hadn't already gone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 
Unpossible!

gospvg wrote:

I for one would like to know if that's a genuine roleclaim or just a throwaway statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 

It is the 2nd time he has done that... the meditaion now the c3p0/r2 role claim...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 
Ready for action

Oh yeah, it was him who said about meditating. So that would look like a role claim for a Jedi and now he appears to be roleclaiming as C3PO. I had thought that he had a power role because of what he said about checking his role but I had takled myself into it being a named but powerless role. I think that suggesting a role claim for different good roles is to dodgy to get away with though.
[vote:gospvg]
I'm still a bit confused about all this though because it didn't seem necessary at this point for him to feel he needs to rolecalim?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 
Unpossible!

VOTE UPDATE

nolynch: 1 (Zeppo)
gospvg: 4 (Gilly, ApplePieOfDestiny, Goddess Jasmine, sinister agent)

Not voted: 9 (grim..., kalmar, malia, craster, flis, thevision, joans, bobbyaro, alarm)

Looking interesting currently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 

Gilly,

I agree he might have a power role, but from what he said it is a good power role.

If he is C3PO the Jawas will get him tonight.
If he is a Jedi then the Sith will get him
If he is a Sith then the Jedi will get thim

So it is not looking promising for the fella whatever out come..

I am nor sure if I should vote for him, as he will go anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:
Gilly,

I agree he might have a power role, but from what he said it is a good power role.

If he is C3PO the Jawas will get him tonight.
If he is a Jedi then the Sith will get him
If he is a Sith then the Jedi will get thim

So it is not looking promising for the fella whatever out come..

I am nor sure if I should vote for him, as he will go anyway.

I was pretty sure it was a good power role as well but then he suggested two different power roles which is really dodgy, as if he doesn't want to just claim one in case there is a valid counter claim. I don't know what will happen in the night phase but if he is a Jedi, the sith won't know because they can't investigate and might not bother with him because he is confusing things and attracting attention which will allow them to stay out of the limelight. If he is C3PO then Jawa might target him but then we lose C3PO which is rubbish so I doubt if he really was him he wouuld have made the role claim. If he is a Sith, the Jedi aren't going to target him for a kill on the off chance surely? So they would need to investigate him first which would mean he would last another day. I really am beginning to doubt that he would act like this unless he was a baddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 

What ever happens, he will be lucky if he survives teh night...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 
Unpossible!

Sorry Gospvg, whether it was strange tactics or noob mistakes, you've made yourself a tempting target there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 
*lurk*

Gilly wrote:
I think that suggesting a role claim for different good roles is to dodgy to get away with though.
I'm still a bit confused about all this though because it didn't seem necessary at this point for him to feel he needs to rolecalim?

:this: Plus, can't see any advantage to having the investigative half of the investigate pair revealed, so calling hijinks. [vote:gospvg]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 
Excellent Member

Some illuminating posts

If we doubt gosvpg, then lets out him in the thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 

Scum Wars Day Three

VOTE UPDATE

gospvg: 6 (LaceSensor, Gilly, ApplePieOfDestiny, Zeppo, Goddess Jasmine, sinister agent)

Not voted: 9 (grim..., kalmar, malia, craster, flis, thevision, joans, bobbyaro, alarm)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 

I am tempted to switch my vote. Do we have enough time to get a lynch going?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Does anyone else find this VERY suspicious?
Posts by Zaphod79 during this game: 13
Posts by Bobbyaro during this game: 12

Oh, the silence is deafening!
Care to explain, Mr "hide behind an innocuous challenge" McScummy Vadar?

13 posts *including* the one that says 13 posts

Posts like this one

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6737&p=514557#p514557
"lol"

Thats the extend of the whole post , 3 characters.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6737&p=514521#p514521
2 lines , "lol at zeppo"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6737&p=514563#p514563
'vote unvote'

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6747&p=515264#p515264
2 lines - "rules are complex"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6747&p=515386#p515386
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6747&p=515610#p515610
"I said something that doesnt make any sense let me try again"

In case my previous post is unclear , *Number of posts does not mean your contributing a lot to the side* , you're not saying very much here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 
Unpossible!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 

DavPaz wrote:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

An Obi Wan and Darth Vader Dual maybe? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 

DavPaz wrote:
gospvg wrote:

I for one would like to know if that's a genuine roleclaim or just a throwaway statement.

No I have no powers I am a simpleton who dreams

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next