Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scum Trek Day Five
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:55 
Excellent Member

Been mulling.

Hmm. I think Bobbyaro's flash of suspicion is worthy. Hence:

[Unvote: Craster]

[Vote:gospvg]

EDITED BY CURIOSITY TO FIX SPELLING ERROR.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 23:10 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

TheVision wrote:
You seem obsessed with Borg Malc... Trying to divert our attention maybe?

Super FOS of The Vision, as Joans says.

gospvg wrote:
Malc wrote:
I think all the people voting for me are probably borg, as gospvg has someone on him already,

Sorry so because you said earlier that the people who have not voted must be borg, we are supposed to go with that?
5 Borg players?

I don't think there is 5 borg players at best I think there is probably 2 left because DavPaz died overnight.

Over the last few days you have managed to divert attention off yourself onto other players & yet overnight we have one civilian & Lt die.

Sorry I think you are the Romulan Leader.

There is only 1 way someone would say that there are fewer than 4 borg, and that is by being a borg and knowing they have failed to recruit, but see what Joans said. The man speaks sense.

However, question for Craster, are you voting today? Bear in mind you have been accused of trying to get a time out yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 23:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yep. We've got 22 hours until the end of day though, and I'm not about to let a bandwagon happen. Bear in mind there are probably more of both bad guy sets than there are good guys here. Tipping the vote will be all too easy.

I don't trust Malc, but I'm suspicious that we've let the bad guys pit the townies against each other, while the likes of Joans, Pete, you, or TheVision sit and laugh.

I think you and Malc are Romulans. Possibly Joans, too. But given that there's next to nothing that can stop the borg recruiting, most everyone else is probably borg. This makes me nervous.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 

Malc wrote:
I'm doing no such thing, I am saying, if you think I'm romulan (which is what gospvg has stated), then you should stop voting for me, and instead vote for someone you think is borg.

Malc

[vote: unvote]

Ok we need to suss out who the Queen is and we have until 9pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:42 

Joans wrote:
If there are 4 borg left we're in trouble. All they need to do is not vote for their own and hope they can find the remaining Romulans before the Romulans find the queen, and the odds are firmly in their favour.

gospvg: 4 (Malc, NervousPete, Bobbyaro, Joans)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:
If there are 4 borg left we're in trouble. All they need to do is not vote for their own and hope they can find the remaining Romulans before the Romulans find the queen, and the odds are firmly in their favour.

So which one of you is the queenie?

Bobbyaro
Malc
Joans
NervousPete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 

So now there are 4 borg? I thought there was only 2 left?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 
Excellent Member

Well it ain't me. I can't even operate a Mac properly.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 

gospvg is talking inconsistent rubbish, he really is a borg. Out of interest, I am not a Romulan (or a borg). I can also see why you would think I was on the same side as Malc, for I have argued for him occasionally, however, I am not knowingly on the same side, he may well be though, my communicator only appears to work during the day; I am a civilian. Unfortunately (potentially), Malc's opponents appear to be inconsistent and it is rather easy to tear their arguments apart.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 

Out of the 4 people that aren't voting for Gos (Craster, Slightly Green, The Vision and of course Gos himself), it would seem safe to assume one of the following:
Gos is borg
None of the other 3 are borg.

If Gos isn't borg, and any of the other 3 are, surely they'd cast the final vote and get him killed. So either they're all doubting good guys, (and even a romulan would happily kill him unless he's another romulan), or Gos is borg and they don't want to finish him off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
Out of the 4 people that aren't voting for Gos (Craster, Slightly Green, The Vision and of course Gos himself), it would seem safe to assume one of the following:
Gos is borg

If Gos isn't borg, and any of the other 3 are, surely they'd cast the final vote and get him killed.

So now if I vote for gos and he's a good guy, I'm killing a townie, and if he's a bad guy, I'm a teammate sacrificing him? Way to keep me sat on the sidelines :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 

Which is what he and you wanted! You scummy scumsters.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 

Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:
Gos is borg

If Gos isn't borg, and any of the other 3 are, surely they'd cast the final vote and get him killed.

So now if I vote for gos and he's a good guy, I'm killing a townie, and if he's a bad guy, I'm a teammate sacrificing him? Way to keep me sat on the sidelines :p

Joans it is then

[vote: Joans]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 

I think it's safe to assume that Gos isn't the borg queen due to his late entry into the game (unless there wasn't going to be a borg in the game).
Craster isn't the queen, nor is he a romulan.
I don't think Malc is romulan, because of the whole Trooper situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 

Why isn't Craster the Queen?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:22 

Because he isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:10 

Joans wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that Gos isn't the borg queen due to his late entry into the game (unless there wasn't going to be a borg in the game).

But is Malc the queen?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:10 

[vote: unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:11 
Isn't that lovely?

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:

But is Malc the queen?

No.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:12 

We aren't going to survive this are we, the borg are controlling the voting, and making for a time out. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:16 
Isn't that lovely?

Bobbyaro wrote:
We aren't going to survive this are we, the borg are controlling the voting, and making for a time out. :(

Sorry to lump you in with me again, but yes, this is what I think there plan is.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:19 

God Damn it Malc, stop agreeing with me! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:19 

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:

But is Malc the queen?

No idea, I'm just trying to narrow down the numbers as best I can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:20 
Isn't that lovely?

Malc wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Sorry to lump you in with me again, but yes, this is what I think there plan is.

Malc

Their! FFS!

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:24 

If there are 4 borg there's no need for any of them to vote for their own, so we'll never lynch a borg.

Question to Craster, SG & The Vision. Why are none of you putting in the last vote for Gos? Do you all firmly believe that he's not a borg, or are you all unwilling to lynch one of your own?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:37 

Joans wrote:
If there are 4 borg there's no need for any of them to vote for their own, so we'll never lynch a borg.

Question to Craster, SG & The Vision. Why are none of you putting in the last vote for Gos? Do you all firmly believe that he's not a borg, or are you all unwilling to lynch one of your own?

Sorry but I'm a Simple Civilian

I'm suspicious of Malc & Joans especially the way you are controlling and demanding people vote for a particular person.

Are the 4 who voted for the Borg Queen & Borg?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:37 

VOTE UPDATE

malc: 2 (TheVision, Slightly Green)

Not voted: 2 (craster, gospvg)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:38 
Isn't that lovely?

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:

I'm suspicious of Malc & Joans especially the way you are controlling and demanding people vote for a particular person.

Oh look GOSPVG has made the waters muddy again!

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:39 

I'm sticking with my initial gut instinct from day 4

[vote: Malc]

I think Joans is in on the act also.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:44 

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:

I'm not demanding anything. I'm only focusing on you because of your post where you completely dismissed the borg as any kind of threat and the fact that you've been hanging on 4 votes now, but nobody seems willing to put the boot in. If you really aren't borg, then that means that all the borg are already voting for you. As I know I'm not borg, that means there's only 3 (or fewer) left in the game, which is a good thing, but seems unlikely.

I'll admit that my judgement in these things is terrible, but the most logical explanation at the moment is that you are borg, and therefore everyone not voting for you is borg as well. So if the remaining Romulan(s?) would like a hint for tonight, I think it's a toss up between slightly green and the vision for the queen. Presumably, this is all completely incorrect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:45 

Malc wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:

Oh look GOSPVG has made the waters muddy again!

Malc

We need to make sure ideally we lych the Borq Queen
Everyone knows I am not the Borg Queen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:50 

We don't know that, but it's a reasonable assumption.
Ideally we need the queen, but it's better to lynch a borg, than not a borg.

If there really are 4 borg left, we're better off lynching nobody and hoping the Romulans hit the queen tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:52 
Isn't that lovely?

Unless you are...

For a long time I wondered if there were no borg (was no borg? No, I think were no borg is right) in the game, and I thought, wow, that would be brilliant, introduce a character that everyone would be scared of, but then not actually have that character in the game, everyone would become increasingly paranoid about the number borg there must be, especially as there were no kills.

That's exactly the sort of thing I imagine curio would do, but then he had to find a role for you, maybe he did choose borg queen?

I don't know to be honest...

But Joans' logic seems good, and you might not be the queen, but the next best thing is a drone, and if you're a drone then I'm all for you going, and then hopefully our pointed ear friends, can bag another borg tonight.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:53 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

This isn't looking good for the good guys is it? I'm sticking with my vote for Malc for now but I reckon today is going to go to a time out which ultimately, could seal it for the Borg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:58 

TheVision wrote:
This isn't looking good for the good guys is it? I'm sticking with my vote for Malc for now but I reckon today is going to go to a time out which ultimately, could seal it for the Borg.

Just asking, but you're quite sure Gos isn't borg?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:43 

TheVision wrote:

WTF? Really, you would have been better not posting than this, you have admitted you are on gospvg's side. If he doesn't go, we know he is borg, if he goes and he is borg, you are dead.
Gospvg effectively admitted to being a borg earlier today with his "only 2 borg" comment, but irrelevant of that, we have spent the past few hours debating about whether the people voting or not oar borg or not, but to deliberately sit there and say, "I am going to vote for malc because it will lead to time out"! Really?
Have we got enough time to vote for TheVision folks? He is borg as well as gospvg, and chances are gospvg isn't queen, so therefore more chance TV is the queen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:44 

[vote:TheVision]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:45 

We can try, but I fear we don't have the numbers (or he's a good guy)
[vote:TheVision]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:46 

VOTE UPDATE

thevision: 2 (Bobbyaro, Joans)
gospvg: 2 (Malc, NervousPete)
malc: 3 (TheVision, Slightly Green, gospvg)

Not voted: 1 (craster)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:58 

Bobbyaro wrote:
TheVision wrote:

WTF? Really, you would have been better not posting than this, you have admitted you are on gospvg's side. If he doesn't go, we know he is borg, if he goes and he is borg, you are dead.
Gospvg effectively admitted to being a borg earlier today with his "only 2 borg" comment, but irrelevant of that, we have spent the past few hours debating about whether the people voting or not oar borg or not, but to deliberately sit there and say, "I am going to vote for malc because it will lead to time out"! Really?
Have we got enough time to vote for TheVision folks? He is borg as well as gospvg, and chances are gospvg isn't queen, so therefore more chance TV is the queen.

When did I say I was borg?
I'm not Borg.

My 2 Borg comments was my best guess for what we have to play with, I don;t think there is 4 Borg players much less than that with Dav Paz dying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:00 

I'm happy to go with The Vision vote if it gets a lynch but my gut is saying stick with Malc.
So I'm staying with Malc for now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:00 

gospvg wrote:
My 2 Borg comments was my best guess for what we have to play with, I don;t think there is 4 Borg players much less than that with Dav Paz dying.

Explain this.
We start with 1 borg.
They recruit every night so far to give them 5.
Davpaz dies, they have 4.
For them to have any less, they must have failed to recruit on one or more occasions, why do you assume that has happened as a "best guess for what we have to play with"?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:01 

thevision: 2 (Bobbyaro, Joans)
gospvg: 2 (Malc, NervousPete)
malc: 3 (TheVision, Slightly Green, gospvg)

Not voted: 1 (craster)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:02 

Joans wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Explain this.
We start with 1 borg.
For them to have any less, they must have failed to recruit on one or more occasions, why do you assume that has happened as a "best guess for what we have to play with"?

I will read the previous days but I am sure some players have said they were role-blocked overnight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:03 

gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Explain this.
We start with 1 borg.

I will read the previous days but I am sure some players have said they were role-blocked overnight.

Yes, Davpaz, a dead Borg (not the queen) and Trooper a dead civillian (not the queen).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:06 

Joans wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Joans wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Explain this.
We start with 1 borg.

Yes, Davpaz, a dead Borg (not the queen) and Trooper a dead civillian (not the queen).

Ok fair point, 4 is more of a better guess.
So if I'm one who are the other 3?

If there is 4 then they can also control the voting in the hope that one will swing over to make it 5.

I don't see anyone pushing for the 5th vote but you & Malc on me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:09 

Well, as I said before you were on 4 votes before for a long time with Craster, SG & The Vision not voting for you. So either they were all too scared to cast the last vote because they thought you might be a good guy, or you're all borg.
I notice nobody is piling onto vote for the Vision. I wonder what would happen if I put a 4th vote on Malc...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:17 

Joans wrote:
Well, as I said before you were on 4 votes before for a long time with Craster, SG & The Vision not voting for you. So either they were all too scared to cast the last vote because they thought you might be a good guy, or you're all borg.

I notice nobody is piling onto vote for the Vision. I wonder what would happen if I put a 4th vote on Malc...

Yes but that is just the same when I say that 4 borg were voting for me & putting pressure on a 5th non-borg to cast the final vote.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:20 

gospvg wrote:
I'm happy to go with The Vision

Go on then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:20 

Joans wrote:

Malc is my current number one suspect.
But any lynch is better than a time-out so if needed I will switch my vote just not yet.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next