Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: UNScum : Day 5
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:23 

I'm willing to go with the note, whoever has received the other notes can they post please. So we can judge to follow the last note or not.

Post subject: Re: UNScum : Day 5
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 
Excellent Member

He's either Libyan, so we vote him off so that he can't kill us. Or he's French, so we vote him off so he can't become a bad guy.

Have I already voted? I don't remember and I can't e arsed looking back because I'm on my phone.

[vote: Malc] Just to be sure!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 
Isn't that lovely?

Everyone is a bad guy (unless you are the last remaining dutchie!) to each other at the moment (as far as I can work out - see previous post)

Also I am not the French Leader, so by attacking me you wouldn't invade France, you would have to attack my leader before you did that!

I really am not the highest priority here, there will probably be 3 more deaths tonight, 1 of those could be prevented if you vote for someone else, your death might be prevented!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 
Unpossible!

Malc wrote:
if you vote for someone else, your death might be prevented!
Malc

NAKED AGGRESSION!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 
Excellent Member

Malc, whether or not your the prez, there are only so many players left...and he hasn't been hit yet, the field of remaining candidates has rapidly dwindled. And as soon as he is hit, ALL the French delegates are recruited, leaving you alive nets one of the bad guys 2 extra team members. If it hasn't happened already...and we've had 2, 2 kill nights so it could have been one of those nights.

You're either a bad guy, as per the note, or a potential bad guy, as per your own admission.

Yes, you are perhaps not the 'best' target for voting off the council, I'd prefer to get rid of an Afgan, I hope there is only 1 remaining but there is nothing to say the note passer/spy/whatever the fuck, didn't join up with them at the start of the game, like I believe Gilly did with the Libyans.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 
Isn't that lovely?

Gilly was a Libyan, she didn't choose to join them (otherwise surely her dismisal scene whould have mentioned something?)

Someone did choose to join them, I wonder if it was you?

As for the president, we have one night action "run away" we haven't used it yet, we will be using it tonight, so we won't be invaded tonight, I doubt the game will last much past the next two nights so vote for someone else, try to eliminate one of your enemies (which is pretty much anyone else at this point) and try and get a victory for your faction!

[vote:flis]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 
Isn't that lovely?

Gilly was a Libyan, she didn't choose to join them (otherwise surely her dismisal scene whould have mentioned something?)

As for the president, we have one night action "run away" we haven't used it yet, we will be using it tonight, so we won't be invaded tonight, I doubt the game will last much past the next two nights so vote for someone else, try to eliminate one of your enemies (which is pretty much anyone else at this point) and try and get a victory for your faction!

[vote:flis]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:

So you're saying she used the win con of the spy as fraudulent defence? How would she even know about it unless it had been given to her?

Malc wrote:

How do you know someone joined them...? It would make more sense for it to be you, then wouldn't it? You have been named as a Libyan, you're saying she wasn't the spy but that a spy did join them and we're supposed to believe it wasn't actually you...?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 
Unpossible!

flis wrote:
So you're saying she used the win con of the spy as fraudulent defence? How would she even know about it unless it had been given to her?

She could've made it up.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:20 
Isn't that lovely?

Her leaving scene didn't mention that she was a spy, but she knew about the role, the logical conclusion was that the spy joined her team and told them this.

I am more sure than ever that you are either the other libyan or the spy.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:22 

DavPaz wrote:
flis wrote:

She could've made it up.

As I said before, making up a role for a roleclaim is unbelievably brave, but the fact that people are claiming to get notes suggest that the role (or part of it) does exist.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 

Er, where's my post gone?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 

Joans wrote:

Just to clarify, I posted in response to DavPaz saying that Gilly was unlikely to have made up the role as people are claiming to get messages. It said I'd made the last post in the thread, but it wasn't there?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 
Unpossible!

ZOMG! CENSORSHIP!

VOTE:TROOPER

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Malc wrote:
1 Spy (probably allied with the Libyans, due to Gilly knowing of the spy role)

I agree with this statement, it also ties in with the crazy notes i recieved.

Note One (received on night one).

Quote:
During a break in the meeting, you slip back to your rooms and find a note slid under the door. It says:

"With the US President gone, there is an internal power struggle & I want to take over the infidels.
Can you please remove Curiosity."

There is no signature.

Very suggestive wording in that note isn't it, also they either sent the note to me hoping i was a kill role or it got sent to a random person with the hope it would reach a kill role (probably option 1 as i got the second note)

Note Two (received night three).

Quote:
You find another, hastily scrawled message

"Thankyou for removing Curiosity
Your reward is I will give you more information.

xxxxxxxx's win condition is
Ensure that there are no Infidels or Warmongerers left in the UN"

Again, the message has no signature.

I would just like to state that the person who sent the notes defiantly got it wrong with regards to me having a kill role, and i am not sure if i lucked out with Curio getting killed on night two or if it was some elaborate setup... I have managed to get myself very paranoid with regards to the notes. Is it xxxxxxxx (name removed just for this reason) who set it all up to get a free pass later in the game? I know not hence my hesitation in posting them up.

Anyway they are now out in the open.

With regards to Flis thinking we should kill Malc because he is French....are we one hundred percent sure that his role claim is for real? well i suppose no other Frenchman/woman has stepped forward to call him a big fat liar. But if he is French don't that have a protection action to use at night?

Yes they can choose to Run away like the big cheese eating surrender monkeys that they are, well they can do this once....

hmmm, personaly i would prefer to vote out one of the few remaining kill roles left, if we are sure that Malc is good not evil then shouldn't we let him choose who to kick out? Or am i missing something?

So with Flis being very aggressive towards killing off a non kill role [vote:flis]

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 

So just to clarify, there's now a note saying that Curiosity was an infidel, and one saying Gilly and Malc are Libyans.
Curiosity - Osama
Gilly - Libyan
Malc - Well, if he says he's French, I'm sure he is.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Joans wrote:

Just to clarify, I posted in response to DavPaz saying that Gilly was unlikely to have made up the role as people are claiming to get messages. It said I'd made the last post in the thread, but it wasn't there?

That's my thoughts too.

Let us assume for a moment that Gilly was just a regular Libyan, that she used the win con from the spy on her team to back up her claims and try to get herself out of being lynched. Why would the spy then send a note saying Gilly and Malc were Libyans? Do we now assume that there are 2 spies in the game, one still working for the Libyans and the other for 'someone else'?

Either way, one of them gave us Gilly, why are we questioning the Malc part? The French could have still been French on the night they were investigated by the Germans but the Libyans may have invaded on a following night, recruiting all the Frenchies to the Libyan side. So Malc could be telling a half truth, he was French and they didn't use their 'Run' because they didn't get the chance.

I can assure you, I am not a spy or a Libyan, or I'd be trying to make a better case for voting someone else off!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:
ZOMG! CENSORSHIP!

VOTE:TROOPER

nowt to do with me, I blame user error...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:09 
Isn't that lovely?

Davpaz, Joans, anything I can say to move you from me to flis?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 
Unpossible!

I don't think so. There's some pretty damning evidence. I reckon the only thing that could save you would be your French colleague confirming your identity

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 
Isn't that lovely?

flis wrote:
Why would the spy then send a note saying Gilly and Malc were Libyans?

That would be a good thing to have in place if you thought Gilly was going to found out, then the spy has credibility as he has "given you" Gilly, so the 2nd bit of info is likely to be right too.

Joans outlined this in a message a little while ago, it's the missing of stuff like this that makes me suspect of you Flis.

Also, if Slightly Green is to be believed then the message sender has got it wrong already.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:18 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
I don't think so. There's some pretty damning evidence. I reckon the only thing that could save you would be your French colleague confirming your identity

That lures him out to be a target for invasion, and makes me suspect of you (but then I shouldn't be surprised really as I really think there are 1 left of every faction apart from French and Libyan (who has an extra spy)

Only the Dutch can't invade, so I can only assume you are not Dutch.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

UNScum : Day 5

VOTE UPDATE

flis: 2 (Malc, Slightly Green)
malc: 3 (Joans, DavPaz, flis)

Not voted: 2 (gospvg, alarm)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 5 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 

Malc wrote:
flis wrote:
Why would the spy then send a note saying Gilly and Malc were Libyans?

That would be a good thing to have in place if you thought Gilly was going to found out, then the spy has credibility as he has "given you" Gilly, so the 2nd bit of info is likely to be right too.

Joans outlined this in a message a little while ago, it's the missing of stuff like this that makes me suspect of you Flis.

Also, if Slightly Green is to be believed then the message sender has got it wrong already.

Malc

Why would anyone think that Gilly was going to get found out? The note must have been sent prior to day 4, and nobody had voted for her prior to that. It makes no sense.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Why would anyone think that Gilly was going to get found out? The note must have been sent prior to day 4, and nobody had voted for her prior to that. It makes no sense.

Because they were sent during day 4!

Grim: Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm - yes I haven't set the time to summer time yet! wrote:
It would appear there is lots of stuff going on.

I just got an anonymous message saying "Gilly & Malc are Libyan's they need to die ".

Yes, it had an extra space at the end.

My bolding

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:39 

Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

Grim: Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm - yes I haven't set the time to summer time yet! wrote:

I just got an anonymous message saying "Gilly & Malc are Libyan's they need to die ".

My bolding

Malc

Based on Grim...'s determination to off Gilly, I assumed he'd already got that note and was saying he'd "just got an anonoymous message" as in, that's all he'd got, not that he'd just received it. Can the other receivers confirm if they got their notes at night or not?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:39 

Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

My bolding

Malc

Based on Grim...'s determination to off Gilly, I assumed he'd already got that note and was saying he'd "just got an anonoymous message" as in, that's all he'd got, not that he'd just received it. Can the other receivers confirm if they got their notes at night or not?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 

I knew that was going to go through twice. :facepalm:

Level 6 Laser Lotus

DavPaz wrote:

Since we are going to be using our Run Away ability tonight, i guess that makes it possible for me to confirm that Malc is French, we haven't been targeted yet in the game so are still neutral, tonight we are safe and then tomorrow night the hopefully one remaining kill role (as long as Flis is a kill role and we get another tomorrow) has to take a pot shot at either Malc or me and hope they get the president.

So just to reiterate Malc is a cheese eating surrender monkey.

Also please be aware that we also know who the xxxxxx is from the note who is supposed to have the 'Ensure that there are no Infidels or Warmongerers left in the UN' is.

Isn't that lovely?

Alarm, care to share the note you recieved?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:41 
Isn't that lovely?

Also to state those messages that Slightly Green got were got mid days...

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 
Unpossible!

For what it's worth, I received that message 2 minutes earlier than Grim, in the middle of Day 4

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:

There you go...

Jumping ship now?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 
Excellent Member

Slightly Green wrote:

Also please be aware that we also know who the xxxxxx is from the note who is supposed to have the 'Ensure that there are no Infidels or Warmongerers left in the UN' is.

Who says no-one else got that note?

Unpossible!

Slightly Green wrote:

Malc wrote:

Malc

Bad timing.

Isn't that lovely?

flis wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

They might have done I guess.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

Malc wrote:

Malc

Bad timing.

I was alluding to the fact that yesterday Alarm said he received a note, and was using that to test Gilly's roleclaim.

Malc

Level 6 Laser Lotus

flis wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

I don't know but they haven't come forward with it have they? If they have good for them :D doesn't change the fact that now i am outed also it makes zero sense to vote Malc, as it is much better to get rid of a kill role.

[vote:unvote] Now I'm intrigued.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Quote:
UNScum : Day 5

VOTE UPDATE

flis: 2 (Malc, Slightly Green)
malc: 2 (DavPaz, flis)

Not voted: 3 (gospvg, joans, alarm)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 5 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:48 
Unpossible!

I'm just going to leave my vote in place for a while. There's always room for a counter claim.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 

I suppose it's possible that Slightly Green is also a Libyan, but it's a bit risky. Or is it at this stage?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 
Unpossible!

Joans wrote:
I suppose it's possible that Slightly Green is also a Libyan, but it's a bit risky. Or is it at this stage?

Exactly.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 

Paranoid time:
If Malc & SG are two remaining Libyans, then the following could happen.
Lynch someone else (not a killing role), down to 6.
3 overnight kills (nobody is going to target Malc & SG because they're French)
3 people left in the morning, 2 are Libyan, they win.

Of course if we lynch a killing role, that might put it down to 2 overnight kills depending on the numbers, that would still be enough for 2 Libyans to win, but it means the overnight kills have to target different people.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 
Isn't that lovely?

That would be too risky imo.

I wasn't even sure that SG should role claim as my worry is that if I get offed today, he runs tonight, then he gets offed in the morning, and we lose.

I think I have sussed who is whom, just pondering whether to paste it, as it would put xxxx in harms way.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 

Malc wrote:

I wasn't even sure that SG should role claim as my worry is that if I get offed today, he runs tonight, then he gets offed in the morning, and we lose.

I think I have sussed who is whom, just pondering whether to paste it, as it would put xxxx in harms way.

Malc

If you get offed today, then why would anyone off SG in the morning. Unless you're not French?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 13:01 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

If you get offed today, then why would anyone off SG in the morning. Unless you're not French?

Because you've all been talking about offing me wether I'm French or Libyan, so I assumed that when it comes out that I'm French, you (all of you) will do the same thing to SG.

Maybe that's a false assumption, but that was my worry.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 13:01 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Because you've all been talking about offing me wether I'm French or Libyan, so I assumed that when it comes out that I'm French, you (all of you) will do the same thing to SG.

Maybe that's a false assumption, but that was my worry.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 13:02 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Joans wrote:

The numbers don't add up for that do they?

From my pov we have 7 people left,

i know Malc and myself are french, 2

1 Dutch, who we may know if the note was correct

1 Brit

1 Libyan

1 Afghan

and a spy(well someone with the power to send notes anyhow)

If malc and i were Libyan then i am sure the real French would have said something by now, also why would i have backed Grim's very roundabout 'not role claim but vote for Gilly' so happily with saying we can get rid of him if Gilly turned out to be good on Day 4 if i were Libyan, that is even more convoluted than is sane in a game with each side being so small.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 13:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Here is what I think

French - SG and me
Libyan - Davpaz and Flis (dav made the leap that Alarm was the xxxx when there was no data to make that leap)
Dutch - Alarm
Brit - GOSPVG
Afghan - Joans

Could be really wrong, but I don't think so, if anything GOSPVG and Joans might be the other way round.

Malc

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next