Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: MafPaz: Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:20 
Excellent Member

flis wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Also spelt wrong, but it still stands.

I thought Lace was using that as a handy tactic to avoid a lynch, personally.

Will make for interesting reading in the dead thread. Mods rules so argue about them afterwards I spose :(
Im happy to retain that line of voting today. Just waiting for everyone to have a chance to post.
As we have seen in the past, usually mods fix a spelling or grammar error. I guess its cos I left it close to the end of the day, and the mod simply used the vote counter and locked the thread. It was a shock to me to see 5 votes and day end to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:21 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Mm. I doubt splatting Gos now would be fair, but it does complicate matters.

For what it's worth, I think it unlikely that this was deliberate, as it's far more suspicious than not voting or voting elsewhere, and given the number of pedantic gits (hi!) on here, it was bound to be noticed.

However, I don't think that has any bearing on whether or not Lace is mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:21 
Excellent Member

flis wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
Bloody hell, I didn't see that :S

I think we're going to need a mod decision there.

Why? It is always pointed out that votes don't count if they are erroneous.

I'm surprised no-one else noticed it, he voted in the dying minutes with a wrongly spelt vote. If he's not mafia, I'll eat my hat.

Jesus christ. So Im suss but Mr Dave isnt, just cos a simple typo? its not like gosvpg is a common word or anything is it...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:22 

LaceSensor wrote:
flis wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Will make for interesting reading in the dead thread. Mods rules so argue about them afterwards I spose :(
Im happy to retain that line of voting today. Just waiting for everyone to have a chance to post.
As we have seen in the past, usually mods fix a spelling or grammar error. I guess its cos I left it close to the end of the day, and the mod simply used the vote counter and locked the thread. It was a shock to me to see 5 votes and day end to be honest.

If it was such a shock, why didn't you bring it up in your earlier posts?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:23 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
So you're saying that Lace is mafia and was trying to vote off his mafia buddy Gos because it makes him look innocent, but managed to :belm: it up in a spectacular style?

No. I'm saying that Lace wanted to make it look like he was voting Gos, without the risk of him actually getting lynched. Hence, leaving it until 3 minutes before the end of the day when the only other players left to vote were Mr Dave and Gos himself.

On the face of it, he voted for Gos. At the moment, I'm not sure I really believe he wanted Gos lynched but I'm just speculating, in the same way everyone else is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:25 
Excellent Member

sinister agent wrote:

Wow, neither did I - I read it as gospvg. I have to think carefully when I do his name, as it would be very easy to spell incorrectly.

Guess we need to wait on DavPaz and see what the verdict is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:25 
Paws for thought

I would feel bad for gospvg if he thouht he was granted a reprieve and it turned out not to be the case. Even if he was a dirty mafia type.

Plus my late vote could've been different had there been one more vote by the counter. (Not saying if it would've been, mind)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:26 
Best
Board Mother

Tbh that late in the day it would make more sense to just not vote.

I'm not sticking up for ls BTW, just giving an opinion on the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:26 
Excellent Member

Right, I keep replying and reading then replying some more.

Here is my last reply for a while.

I have said more than once that I reckon Gos-something is suss; he is either an overly chatty townie belmer or up to something.
I was on the cusp of voting for him yesterday, and voted just before the time out as that was on my coffee break at work :(
As I said then, and have repeated many times in *other towns* no lynch or lack of decision yields nothing.
I wanted to get some more info yesterday, Gos was a good target, Dave had previously voted for him, so we could get a lynch and some info.
I dont see anything suss about that, I never even factored in a typo not standing. End of the say its up to DavPaz and I reckon itll wait til the end of the game now.

Anyway, fudge it, he is still an odd ball, and we have heard from most folk I reckon so [vote:Gospvg]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:27 

Try again [vote:gospvg]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:27 
Best
Board Mother

Alarm wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

Wow, neither did I - I read it as gospvg. I have to think carefully when I do his name, as it would be very easy to spell incorrectly.

Guess we need to wait on DavPaz and see what the verdict is.

this is why I copy and paste ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:28 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
flis wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

If it was such a shock, why didn't you bring it up in your earlier posts?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Queried with mod and he said to leave it. Didnt want to mess up his game

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:32 
Excellent Member

sinister agent wrote:
For what it's worth, I think it unlikely that this was deliberate, as it's far more suspicious than not voting or voting elsewhere, and given the number of pedantic gits (hi!) on here, it was bound to be noticed.

I agree. It would be a silly tactic to purposely mis-spell a name. Risky too, as the mod had already edited one vote earlier in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:34 
Excellent Member

Anyway, I dont think its fair to criticise the inconsistencies in modding, hence I left it as requested...

Most people were up for Gos yesterday, myself included, ragardless of what Flis wants to keep pushing. Im going to do some more work now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:36 
Best
Board Mother

Alarm wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

I agree. It would be a silly tactic to purposely mis-spell a name. Risky too, as the mod had already edited one vote earlier in the day.

Was it that same day? Not sure it should be one rule for one and another for another, but DP is GM so up to him.

Back in a bit!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:37 

Hmm, maybe not [vote:unvote]

Post subject: Re: Re: MafPaz: Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:41 
Excellent Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Tbh that late in the day it would make more sense to just not vote.

I'm not sticking up for ls BTW, just giving an opinion on the situation.

Hmm, I see your point. It made sense to me based on the fact he never voted the "right" way....who bloody knows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:43 
Excellent Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Alarm wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

Was it that same day? Not sure it should be one rule for one and another for another, but DP is GM so up to him.

Yes, on page 4 I pointed out the error and DP edited my post to state that he'd corrected it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:47 

Ok I'm off home shortly and possibly will not be back online till late evening.
Please don't lynch me whilst I am away. It's a long day till 11am tomorrow.

If you all want to lynch me? fine
Like I said earlier I will stand in the middle of the road & you can all shoot me down.

The error in voting for me - was it deliberate or a genuine error by the suspects?

But I came back to my earlier question after you have gotten rid of me who will you go for then?
You need to use today to fish out as much info as possible before killing me.

Pick someone anyone - vote for them pressure them to see if they squeal !!
& then come back and kill me if you want I will happily die for my beloved town.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:56 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Though I am a little suspicious of him (particularly given who's been sticking up for him, and how weakly), I dunno how much we'll find out by lynching Gos today.

I assume the decision about Lace's vote yesterday will be to leave it as it is. If I'm wrong and Gos is modkilled or something, I'll obviously reconsider, but for now, [vote:flis]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 16:52 
Unpossible!

sorry, I've been in a meeting for God types. I made a ruling on the mistyped vote. I didn't notice it until after I'd locked the thread. The result stands but as has been discussed in the blissful oblivion of the afterlife, we need some hard and fast rules. NOW, enough waffle. Role play

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 17:52 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oooh, you've been a naughty student, haven't you, yes you have. You need to be pu... oh wait.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 18:21 
Ready for action

I've had a busy day cleaning my net curtains and dusting my teapots so haven't had a chance to see what you lot are talking about until now. I think I might make some stovies so if anyone gets hungry they can have a good hearty meal to see us through the night. I've been peering out my window through the day and thought I saw sinister agent and lace sensor eating pasta earlier, what sort of weird foreign thing is that to do? I think i'll be mentioning them in my letter to the mayor and if I don't hear back then I will vote for one of them.
Does anyone want a wee cup of tea and a biscuit?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 18:52 

Please.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 19:30 
Paws for thought

From yesterday:

Quote:
Interested to what Mr Dave thinks about Alarm?

I would be very highly surprised if he was Mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:03 
Excellent Member

Right, I'm up and dressed from a hard days, er, work....Let's see what's been going on now I give you my full attention.

sinister agent wrote:
Gilly seemed fairly distrustful of Bobby quite consistently for a few days. However, I couldn't really point a finger at her for this, as I kind of agreed, and also voted for him a couple of times.

Other than that, I am having trouble dismissing the fact that he said yesterday he was becoming increasingly suspicious of Flis.

Meh, so what? You could have just of easily killed him after your vote didn't work.

sinister agent wrote:
I also note that again, we were one short of a vote yesterday, and yet there was no kill. And again, Flis joined the vote late, but was talking about how the mafia would not have joined late. I suspect the mafia had, in fact, all voted.

Are you being purposefully ignorant of the reason I gave for my opinion on that? It seems so. That or you are trying to confuse everyone else with a massive amount of nonsense....I said I didn't think the mafia would vote for each other at that stage, given how Day 4 had played out.

sinister agent wrote:
And this time it was someone who had suspected her, along with another person who was outright accusing her (me), which is a dangerous position for the mafia - if they go for me, they prove my innocence and so strengthen my accusations. But if they go for the less vocal support (Bobby), they take the pressure off Flis, but don't draw much attention to her.

But there are so many other people to choose from. Joans, for example, isn't going to get voted for a lynch any time soon. A few people have been suspicious of Bobby; GJ, you, Gilly, turning a few peoples mistrust into a bandwagon would have been quite easy, I think. As for killing/not killing you, well, again I say 'meh'.

sinister agent wrote:
Looking back at the near-lynch on Joans, the two names looking dodgy to me are Flis and, to a lesser extent, Alarm. Possibly Lace as well, but I dunno, he seems to be playing pretty straight.

Why based on the near lynch of Joans? Because we voted near the end of the day so therefore we must be mafia? What? So when I'm voting at the end of the day, I'm mafia...When Gos does it, he's mafia, when Alarm does it you suspect him of being mafia too. Yet when Lace does it, he's not mafia? Add to this the fact he only ever (as I have said previously) jumped on bandwagons late in the day for people who turn out to be innocent and didn't vote at all for anyone on the day Curio died. The latter is usually heralded by all as a massive, glowing "I'm mafia so wouldn't vote for one of my own" sign.

Also, I haven't been 'sticking up' for Gos, I have been stating why I think the reason to vote for Lace is better than the excuse being used to vote for Gos....I voted for gospvg yesterday in a hopeful means to an end, the majority of those voting wanted him dead so it seemed like a reasonable step to take. I would have preferred Lace to be up there, or even you, but hey ho, it was not to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:09 

VOTE UPDATE

flis: 1 (sinister agent)
alarm: 1 (gospvg)
gospvg: 2 (Alarm, LaceSensor)

Not voted: 5 (flis, joans, goddess jasmine, gilly, mr dave)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:15 

Phew that was a busy day, apparently there was some confusion around town on the spelling of my name.
So with the upcoming mayoral elections I have been at the printers all day & have just delivered leaflets to everyones letterbox explaining the correct spelling.

Thanks to Joans & Mr Dave for helping deliver the leaflets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:16 

[vote:unvote]

I can't vote for Alarm however because he was the Printer who helped make the leaflets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:18 

Gilly wrote:
I've had a busy day cleaning my net curtains and dusting my teapots so haven't had a chance to see what you lot are talking about until now. I think I might make some stovies so if anyone gets hungry they can have a good hearty meal to see us through the night. I've been peering out my window through the day and thought I saw sinister agent and lace sensor eating pasta earlier, what sort of weird foreign thing is that to do? I think i'll be mentioning them in my letter to the mayor and if I don't hear back then I will vote for one of them.
Does anyone want a wee cup of tea and a biscuit?

Sorry I could not stay for tea, I had so many leaflets to deliver but thankyou for the offer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:20 

DavPaz wrote:
sorry, I've been in a meeting for God types. I made a ruling on the mistyped vote. I didn't notice it until after I'd locked the thread. The result stands but as has been discussed in the blissful oblivion of the afterlife, we need some hard and fast rules. NOW, enough waffle. Role play

Apologies for the confusion caused. I have checked the election register & my name is name correctly registered.
I also delivered leafltes to everyone in town to avoid any future confusion.

To confirm I will of course pay the bill due for the printers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:28 

Ok so whilst I have been away have we managed to find anything out on the opposition to my campaign?

LaceSensor
Flis
Sinister Agent
Goddess Jasmine
Gilly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 20:41 

I'm going to say Goddess Jasmine, Flis and Gos. 2, or maybe all 3 of them are mafia. I'm tempted to go with [vote:Goddess Jasmine] as the most likely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 0:46 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Alright, Joans, I'll go with your thoughts for now, but would you tell me I should vote for Gos/GJ and not Flis? You understand, it would make me look a bit dodgy after talking up a flis lynch for two days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Akright, won't be around later, so I'll go with it. [vote:Goddess Jasmine]

Post subject: MafPaz: Day 7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 

Unlike yesterday I have a busy morning today thus I will not be around to enjoy the festivities.

I trust Joans, he did help me deliver leaflets after all.

[vote:Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 
Excellent Member

(getting on a flight shortly)

Busy morning for me, but ill be back on before 11.
Applying some pressure to GJ then and see where we get

[vote: Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 

Just for now, that was perhaps a little too easy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 

How on earth did that come through twice?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:

Indeed it was. I'm sticking with my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 

Alarm wrote:
Joans wrote:

Indeed it was. I'm sticking with my vote.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, but I'd like to hear from more people.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Dave wrote:
From yesterday:

Quote:
Interested to what Mr Dave thinks about Alarm?

I would be very highly surprised if he was Mafia.

Is this because you are mafia? That would be very clever.

[Vote:Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:49 
Excellent Member

Feels easy probably cos these mornings fly by and people wanna get a vote cast.

I really think mr dave is a townie so GJ just looks more suss now to me..
Happy to move back to gosthing at some point before 11, if my flight lands on time. Should have been on it already :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 

Bear with me [vote:Sinister Agent]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 
Ready for action

On my break do I won't get back before ten, these cakes won't sell themselves you know and ive got w car boot sale later. Still feeling suss of LS and he jumped on that GJ vote. Maybe just to get a Lynch or maybe because he's a baddy.
[Vote:LaceSensor]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 
Excellent Member

I'd be quite happy to go with Lace or SA, I'm not sure where the GJ thing has come from but could be persuaded to go for her to secure a lynch.

Why SA, Joans?

For now, I'm going to [vote:LaceSensor] as to me, he is a more likely candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 

flis wrote:
I'd be quite happy to go with Lace or SA, I'm not sure where the GJ thing has come from but could be persuaded to go for her to secure a lynch.

Why SA, Joans?

For now, I'm going to [vote:LaceSensor] as to me, he is a more likely candidate.

I'm experimenting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 

Ok, time for experimenting is over [vote:Flis]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 
Excellent Member

It is looking increasingly likely that there won't be another lynch today.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next