Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scum Wars Day Six
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:26 
Isn't that lovely?

[vote:sinister agent]

What if flis is wrong about han?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:26 

So, if Flis is telling the truth, then it's safe for Han to roleclaim and prove that Flis is telling the truth?
If Han keeps quiet, then he's probably not been captured, so Flis is lying, or mistaken?

I'm not entirely sure what either scenario gains us.

Also, the Empire don't know who their stormtroopers are, so every person they can identify that isn't a stormtrooper is someone they can kill without accidentally killing one of their own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:27 
Ready for action

YOU said yourself that flis had made an argument that was full of holes including stating they had asked a couple of questions each night and they targetted Han but became convince he was captured. She didn't say they knew this for a fact whereas she did state she knew other things for a fact. At this point I am working on the assumption that they feel they have deduced this but it is not known to be 100% fact.
So how come you are still happy to point out errors in flis' statements but in the instance of info about Han you are taking her word as gospel?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:32 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Malc wrote:

Malc

Oh, so now you think Flis might have been wrong? How awfully convenient.

What happened to your suspicions about Flis and Gazchap?

How many Sith do you think there are, exactly?

Dodgy, Malc. Very dodgy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:36 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I would seriously think Jar Jar if he hadn't already gone

sinister agent wrote:
I have. Several times, very, very plainly.

You dont trust Flis's logic , and have said so a number of times e.g.

sinister agent wrote:
Bottom line: Stop making weak assumptions. Stop suspecting anyone who examines someone's behaviour

Most people right now - considering we have until tomorrow evening are content to wait around for Flis to come online and tell us what's been found out , what else is known , you seem to want to be pushing for something to happen *now* while we still have lots of unknowns.

sinister agent wrote:
The reason I gave, very clearly, every time, was because such a roleclaim would be risk-free.

It doesn't matter if he's a target of a bad guy or not. Flis said they're sure he's been captured, which means that any attacks on him will fail.

So you doubt Flis's logic and posts and then trust it explicitly ?

sinister agent wrote:
And WHY WOULD A VILLAIN CARE ABOUT HAN. The only person who would be interested is Jabba, and he already has him. Flis said so herself.

No , the baddies want to get rid of all the rebels , identifying Han takes one person out of the mix , the baddies confusion is good for us , look at the night they shot one of their own cause they dont know who is who !

Saying who Han is reduces that , and also makes things easier for the Jawa who wants droids , so again its another one of their list of suspects.

Giving out *good* information to the baddies is bloody stupid at any time , but given your long and in depth posts earlier why have you not realised these yourself ?

sinister agent wrote:
Unless you can actually explain how it would not be risk free, you have no leg to stand on with this. If you suspect me for some reason, fine, but make it a reason that actually stands up to scrutiny.

See above , your calling right now / pushing for something to happen , if Han did / does slip up and reveal themselves then you've helped the baddies - why do things have to happen *now* , and not in a little while when we can find out more ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:37 
Isn't that lovely?

sinister agent wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Oh, so now you think Flis might have been wrong? How awfully convenient.

What happened to your suspicions about Flis and Gazchap?

How many Sith do you think there are, exactly?

Dodgy, Malc. Very dodgy.

I don't think you're sith, I think you are Jabba or Fett (which I guess they have a sith win condition). I am still suspicious of gaz and flis, I just think you are more lkely to be guilty than them?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:38 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Gilly wrote:
YOU said yourself that flis had made an argument that was full of holes including stating they had asked a couple of questions each night and they targetted Han but became convince he was captured. She didn't say they knew this for a fact whereas she did state she knew other things for a fact. At this point I am working on the assumption that they feel they have deduced this but it is not known to be 100% fact.
So how come you are still happy to point out errors in flis' statements but in the instance of info about Han you are taking her word as gospel?

Oh, this is hilarious.

Yes, I said that flis' argument was full of holes and suspicious contradictions. I pointed this out because at the time, we didn't know who anyone was, so the contradictions were suspicious. Since then, she's proven that her info about Vader was accurate, which rather supports her case, as the massive pile on yesterday shows pretty clearly.

So, you were willing to hang someone for her based on little evidence, but now suddenly, now that she has a MUCH stronger case, and NOTHING IS AT STAKE, you doubt her?

What the hell kind of backwards dimension are you and Malc from?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:53 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Okay, look, I'll say this slowly.

I doubted Flis' logic BEFORE SHE WAS PROVED RIGHT. Because at that time, BEFORE SHE WAS PROVED RIGHT, I suspected she was Sith.

Now that we know that SHE WAS RIGHT, she has MORE CREDIBILITY.

Hence, I find her case MORE CREDIBLE NOW THAT WE KNOW SHE WAS RIGHT.

Clear? And I'm not the one obsessed with Han here - you lot are.

[quote=Zeppo]Most people right now - considering we have until tomorrow evening are content to wait around for Flis to come online and tell us what's been found out , what else is known , you seem to want to be pushing for something to happen *now* while we still have lots of unknowns.[/quote]

I have asked Flis what she wants us to do now and made it pretty clear that we can just wait for her, and in the meantime, have explained repeatedly that if Han has indeed been captured, he may as well roleclaim because it helps us all.

Quote:
No , the baddies want to get rid of all the rebels , identifying Han takes one person out of the mix , the baddies confusion is good for us , look at the night they shot one of their own cause they dont know who is who !

THEY CAN'T KILL HAN IF HE IS CAPTURED. IF HE IS NOT CAPTURED HE NEED NOT CLAIM.

Jesus.

Quote:
Giving out *good* information to the baddies is bloody stupid at any time , but given your long and in depth posts earlier why have you not realised these yourself ?

Knowing the identity of a powerless, invincible rebel, who all the jedis know they can trust, which in turn means we can all trust, is NOT useful to the Sith. That player would be invincible. The last thing the Sith want is someone like that.

Quote:
Saying who Han is reduces that , and also makes things easier for the Jawa who wants droids , so again its another one of their list of suspects.

I hadn't actually thought of that, but it's pretty moot anyway. Jawa has, what, a 2/17 chance of getting a droid. Increasing that to 3/17 is a TINY risk, and for a payoff of a four-player voting bloc, one of whom can't be killed at night, and two of whom can be protected, is well worth it.

Quote:
your calling right now / pushing for something to happen , if Han did / does slip up and reveal themselves then you've helped the baddies - why do things have to happen *now* , and not in a little while when we can find out more ?

No I am fucking not. I have simply said something is a good idea, explained why, and then HAD to repeatedly defend it because you are failing to address anything I say.

I'm not pushing for anything. I am saying that if flis was right - which everyone was so happy to believe that you all piled on to kill someone in about an hour without any discussion - then there's no risk in Han roleclaiming. WHICH IS TRUE. And I have only mentioned this so many times because you keep fucking bringing it up and utterly ignoring what I've repeatedly said.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 0:59 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Gah, I fucked up my odds there. That's meant to be "increasing that to a 2/16 chance" for the Jawa bit. Or something like that anyway, you get what I mean.

I'm not fucking talking about this Han thing any longer. What I will say is that for people who think we should wait for Flis before doing anything, there's an awful lot of voting going on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:05 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

sinister agent wrote:
there's an awful lot of voting going on.

Scum Wars Day Six
VOTE UPDATE

malc: 1 (Joans)
sinister agent: 2 (Zeppo, Malc)

Not voted: 16 (gilly, kalmar, zaphod79, davpaz, kovacsc, gazchap, malia, craster, flis, thevision, sinister agent, bobbyaro, lacesensor, alarm, applepieofdestiny, goddess jasmine)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Yes, exactly.

We know Flis is most likely to be a Jedi. We know the Jedi could know who another two players are - they could even have got lucky and found Palpatine. We know C3P0 could also have the same information (E.G: "hey guys, I'm C3P0. I've found Palpatine. Yoda please investigate me tonight and you will see I'm telling the truth. Lynch [player] tomorrow.").

The number of votes we should have right now is ZERO. We have three. That is a hell of a lot more than zero. Why vote now when we know nothing at all?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, and Malc voted twice, so that's four.

Malc is also making out that Gazchap, Grim and Flis were all in on a plot together, and that I'm a Jabba the Hut who's taking absurdly huge risks just to know the identity of someone who Flis assured us is already captured.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:19 
Peculiar, yet lovely

AND he's accused Joans:

[quote=malc]or is it cos I targeted Gazchap and you are in some pact together?[/quote]

Malc has accused FOUR people in the space of two pages, the day after Vader has been lynched, and voted twice before we've heard from the person who bagged us Vader.

And I'm the one being interrogated?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 
Isn't that lovely?

I am severly limited for time in working hours, I'm just making the most of being able to post.

And you know, that's what people do in this, someone says something, and you call them on it, either they say more stuff, or they don't and then you try and read into it what you can.

You have gone very defensive here, far more so (I think, this is from memory) then when someone mentioned something before, suggesting to me that I may have hit a nerve (I will have to go back and check though)

Also as for the whole 4 people thing.

Gaz and flis were on my horizon from yesterday, I said as much then, that bit didn't change, then I questioned joans on why he was voting for me and wether it was because I was targeting gaz or not, it turns it out was, and he had a reason for it.

So you know, that's why I voted.

If flis comes along and says something else, then I will take that on board, and perhaps change my mind and vote for someone else, but for now my vote stands. I doubt much will happen between now and 09:00 any way, but if I hadn't voted, then people logging on then won't have all this to read and would not be able to make their own mind up.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 
Isn't that lovely?

viewtopic.php?p=517259#p517259

Grim... on day 4 wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
If they've roleblocked you, all that proves is that you're not a Big Bad.

Actually, this is a double^6-bluff because Gaz, Zaph and me are the badduns. Fished in!

What do we make of that btw?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 
Excellent Member

Right, I'm only going to post once tonight as it's cold and dark in this cave and I need some sleep.

FACTS!!
Time for some numbers, I think. Which demonstrate, to my mind anyway, that we can secure a lynch against a bad guy quite easily every day.

Bad guys – 6, worst case 8
Palpatine
Maul
Stormtrooper
Boba
Jabba
Jawa
Stormtrooper?
Lando?

Good guys – 11, best case 13
Yoda
Luke
Obi wan
R2-D2
C-3PO
Leia
Han
Chewwy
Chirrpa
Ackbar
Rebel
Lando?
Random Rebel?

Ackbar has visited the Jedi on more than one occasion, if he could protect the Jedi he protected the night before last, we would be grateful. Unless a better option presents itself in the meantime. Unfortunately, Ackbar prevented us getting our question from last night answered but the question was in relation to the identity of Palpatine.

SA, we have been pretty much in the same position as everyone else, a lot of assumptions have to made based on what has been said in the threads during the day and us randomly killing on the first, 2nd or 3rd night is no different to everyone else voting for a lynch, is it? In a 50:50 situation, we would probably go for the kill as that would get a result either way, if a question yields an answer where one player out of two is Sith we would pick the one we were most suspicious of. If they were Rebel...ooops but the other one must be Sith. I'm not sure I really get your problem here, we have located Han and got Vader lynched using this strategy and it's not something we really need to do now given how strong the Rebel position is.

I am sure there have been hints dropped about identities in the thread, I said we *suspected* a player of being Leia, this is not a bad assumption to make as Leia is on the list so performing free slaves on the player we think to be her isn't a bad move if we have nothing else to go on, is it? We are now on day 6, it's unlikely but possible Jabba is getting very close to having all his slaves. With all the Han talk going on and people wanting me to revel him, we wouldn't want to free him as he is safer where he is so having a possible Leia to fall back on is as good as we can hope for.

At the moment, we know the identities of 6 rebels (3 of them are us, obviously) and another is a 50:50 between two players, so we have located 7 in total.

I don't have any answers for you from last night, as I've said, we were RB'd. This is unfortunate I know because now all I can give you are our suspicions and speculation, which doesn't put us, collectively, in a much better position. As yesterday was over so quickly, we didn't get the chance to say that we did get an answer to our question from the night before, the question was:

"Have either PLAYER1 or PLAYER2 faith in the Dark Side of the force?"

The answer was YES. I can tell you the names of the players by agreement, obviously this either means BOTH but at least ONE of them definitely is. We could then see what each has to say? Or maybe if 3PO wants to come forward and offer some information? Although, he may not want to as the identity of the Jawa is still unknown to us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Minor quibble about your numbers: It's possible there are only 5 bad guys. Jawa is a "0 - 1" character, too.

I'll need to have a think about the rest when I'm a bit less obviously stressed. Apologies for my earlier shoutiness. I am just sick of this fucking cave.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:10 
Excellent Member

Oh, one of my fellow Jedi has quite rightly pointed out that we can't free indivdual slaves as I have stated above. Sorry about that, slight miscommunication. I don't think it makes that much difference, I don't see why us suspecting someone as Leia is an issue at all, really.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 
Unpossible!

I feel so powerless right now. Trapped even.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 
Excellent Member

Heh, DavPaz raises a valid point...I'm assuming people do know when they're captured, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 
Unpossible!

flis wrote:
Heh, DavPaz raises a valid point...I'm assuming people do know when they're captured, right?

Who can say?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 
Excellent Member

FWIW, I was gripped forcefully all night.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:07 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

DavPaz wrote:
flis wrote:

Who can say?

People who know they've been captured surely?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 
Excellent Member

I'd have thought so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 
Unpossible!

TheVision wrote:
People who know they've been captured surely?

This is clearly not the day for subtlety.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 

Alarm wrote:

Who by?!?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Who by?!?

Mrs. Alarm?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 

flis wrote:

I would guess so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Alarm wrote:

Uh...Vader's dead.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 
Unpossible!

Maul can protect... but why say gripped?

Hmm...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Who by?!?

Palaptine, as he inherits vaders night action.

So Flis has offereda 50:50 hit I think that's good odds, especially if one of them stands out.
So atm, I've going to Vote: Flis give us the info proper, please.

Its also unfortunate that Ackbar has been blocking Jedi, so we gotta take what scraps we can, I reckon. It was enough to get Vader, so I'm putting my faith in it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Craster wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Uh...Vader's dead.

That's alarm Straight At the top of my list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 

DavPaz wrote:
Maul can protect... but why say gripped?

Hmm...

Maul isn't going to protect anyone other than Palpatine.

LaceSensor wrote:
Joans wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Who by?!?

Palaptine, as he inherits vaders night action.

So Flis has offereda 50:50 hit I think that's good odds, especially if one of them stands out.
So atm, I've going to Vote: Flis give us the info proper, please.

Its also unfortunate that Ackbar has been blocking Jedi, so we gotta take what scraps we can, I reckon. It was enough to get Vader, so I'm putting my faith in it.

Ah, those pesky rules confusing things again. :) At least someone knows what's going on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Who by?!?

Sith.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:37 
Best
Board Mother

Ok, obviously I'm going to wait to hear what Flis says but I'm off to work shortly, so will pop in this afternoon and hope the day hasn't ended.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:40 
Unpossible!

Ok, a lot of you will know where I'm coming from here and those that don't are probably not too good at reading between the lines.

Based on the last few nights, I am convinced that Flis and Lacesensor are to be trusted by the rebels. I have a list of other names that could be trusted, but I have my doubts. It looks likely that I won't get the chance to dig anything else up, so I thought I'd lay my knowledge on y'all.

I am now a slave and I suspect that Jabba is currently doing very well on his list, hence my semi-roleclaim.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 
Master of dodgy spelling....

You in a gold Bikini now daz...

*shudders*

SA you are acting very odd..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 
Gogmagog

DavPaz wrote:
Ok, a lot of you will know where I'm coming from here and those that don't are probably not too good at reading between the lines.

Based on the last few nights, I am convinced that Flis and Lacesensor are to be trusted by the rebels. I have a list of other names that could be trusted, but I have my doubts. It looks likely that I won't get the chance to dig anything else up, so I thought I'd lay my knowledge on y'all.

I am now a slave and I suspect that Jabba is currently doing very well on his list, hence my semi-roleclaim.

Is Han in there?
Will flis start to name names?

I'm currently still unsure about flis and her jedi friends, but I'm more suspicious of Gazchap, Joans and Sinister Agent. I think that two of them are in league together.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:

Well done that man!

Does anyone else feel like coming forward and letting us have any information they may have?

We desperately need to find Jabba or Boba. Without Boba, Jabba can't get slaves, can he? Jabba could take almost 50% of our Rebel voting power in one hit, it would not leave us enough to secure a lynch, leaving it down to our one and only Jedi killing role at night.

Have either 3PO of R2 been captured yet? Obviously only come forward if you have been....

Also, if we could establish who, if anyone, had been Ackbar'd on night 1, it would help us out as our attempted kill clashed with a protect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:59 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Has Fett only bagged on slave in 5 nights?

SA you do seem vocal against Flis even though she handed us a Sith..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:59 

flis wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Well done that man!

Does anyone else feel like coming forward and letting us have any information they may have?

We desperately need to find Jabba or Boba. Without Boba, Jabba can't get slaves, can he? Jabba could take almost 50% of our Rebel voting power in one hit, it would not leave us enough to secure a lynch, leaving it down to our one and only Jedi killing role at night.

Have either 3PO of R2 been captured yet? Obviously only come forward if you have been....

Also, if we could establish who, if anyone, had been Ackbar'd on night 1, it would help us out as our attempted kill clashed with a protect.

I think you already know who I am, but I'm currently a slave.

Also, Jabba can get his own slaves if Boba is dead, but he gets killed if he tries to capture jedi/empire.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
flis wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Well done that man!

I think you already know who I am, but I'm currently a slave.

Also, Jabba can get his own slaves if Boba is dead, but he gets killed if he tries to capture jedi/empire.

Yes, I believe so :) Joans is definitely a rebel and it is disturbing that he has been captured too as that is now at least 3.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

At least 3? I know Joans and Davspaz... who's the other?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Sorry... the extra S in Davpaz's name was a typo.. :belm:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:31 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:
At least 3? I know Joans and Davspaz... who's the other?

The player who we believe to be Han.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 

So, do you have any idea who we should go after?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Well, like a number of other people here I'm suspicious of Sinister Agent and Malc.. with a hint of Gazchap on the side. For me, Sinister Agent seems very vocal but non committal in his approach.

Call it a hunch? I don't know... but that's my thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 

I'm finding it incredible how I'm apparently suspicious. I thought long and hard about telling people that I was roleblocked, and reached the (correct, as far as I'm concerned?) conclusion that the only faction that would benefit from the information was the Rebels.

The benefit being that they would know that the Sith were still picking randomly at people, and hadn't found a power role. Of course, this might have changed now, but we won't find that out unless someone claims to be Ackbar'd or something.

I would suggest that the fact that no-one has counterclaimed being choked by Big Bad (Dead) Vader on the same night exonerates me, unless people seriously believe that Vader would waste a night's roleblocking on one of his own just to set up some incredulously longwinded story to try and protect himself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 

I think if Flis doesn't have any more solid info for us, then day 4 is probably the key to seeing which side people are on (although there were only 2 bad guys that knew Grim... was Vader, so it's all very confusing.

People that are still arguing with Flis also seem quite suspect, or at least a little Sinister :p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 
Excellent Member

Might have missed some as bottom of page 3 won't render on my bb :hat:

However, is there any reason now why ackbar can't just tell us whom they) on night 1, as it seems the roleblockee isn't forthcoming

Metadat: I'm on my bb with litle to no signal and will be commencing a 4 hour journey around 11am.
Ergo: not much activity.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next