Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scum Wars Day Three
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:25 
Isn't that lovely?

Good Morning!

Down a storm trooper is good, I guess losing JarJar is ok (As has been said, at least it wasn't a proper rebel, and that confusion is now gone).

But now what to do.

I think I know (and this is just based on what people have said, I don't have an investigation role or anything) who a couple of people are, but last time I thought that too, and we all know how that ended up!

I don't want to share just yet (I don't want to point any baddies in the right direction or increase the likelyhood of attack on me) but I have my eye on a few people.

We've got plenty of time yet, but let's make sure we use it for discussion, not just let the whole weekend go past and have the day timeout on monday.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:26 
Unpossible!

kalmar wrote:
You were sort of role-claiming jarjar on the first day

Was I? How so?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:36 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Craster wrote:
Ahahaa - did Palpatine just send his Stormtroopers out to kill one of their own?

Can't be. They'd have missed, surely. I did wonder about that, though, since the sith don't know who the mooks are. Also part of me really wants R2D2 to investigate C3PO, just because the mental image of him getting a report telling him his own win condition makes me giggle.

And bloody well played, Trooper. That's got to be a record win.

I wonder what made them go for Russell. He didn't seem particularly keen on lynching or agreeing with anyone. Presumably Ackbar knows two people now, unless his role on night 1 was protective rather than roleblocky, and Yoda might know enough for the Jedi to either whack someone or protect a value target tonight. Although it does seem to make sense for them to just keep protecting themselves.

Hm.

Bobbyaro wrote:
kalmar wrote:
1) I know technically he was rebel but it could have been a worse result.

2) So... WTF was with the stormtrooper kill?

Okay 1) you celebrate taking out a Rebel.

Who was principally a loon and therefore an agent of confusion. It's not a great result, but I'd say it's a good one, as this game is complicated enough without someone distracting us from the real villains.

Quote:
2) There are ~4 posts explaining this previous to yours. Your, "OMG, WTF" attitude looks very like someone trying to play dumb. [fos:Kalmar]

This is a good point, though.

Kalmar, what makes you think Dav is suspicious?

DavPaz wrote:
It's hard to pass on info without painting a target on your head though, man.

Plus there's no guarantee they've found anything useful enough to be worth the risk. "Oh, Player 1 and 2 are both rebels, you say? Well that's worth getting all three of you killed, especially when the sith will probably make an immediate counter-roleclaim. Well done."

Right, I really ought to concentrate on work now, sorry.

Last edited by Grim... on Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Edited to fix the broken quote - Grim...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:45 
Unpossible!

sinister agent wrote:
Presumably Ackbar knows two people now, unless his role on night 1 was protective rather than roleblocky

Oh, does Ackbar get feedback on the people he shouts at? I assumed it was a one way street.

Well, at least two of us know who he is now anyway (3 if you count Ackbar himself) so his secret's become less and less secret.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:46 

Craster wrote:
Hello. Ackbar blocked me last night.

Thinking about this, for Craster to know that he was blocked would kind of suggest that Craster is admitting to having a night action.

Unless Curio informs every player of exactly what Ackbar did to them, regardless of the player's role.

If we assume that Craster is telling the truth, and that he has a night action, he's clearly not Palpatine or a Stormtrooper. So he could be a good guy, or one of the other bad guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

GazChap wrote:
Craster wrote:
Hello. Ackbar blocked me last night.

Thinking about this, for Craster to know that he was blocked would kind of suggest that Craster is admitting to having a night action.

I don't think that's the case.

If it is, then things aren't looking up for DavPaz.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:49 

The Rules wrote:
1 Admiral Ackbar
You are the leader of the Rebel Alliance, and as such you’re pretty freaking paranoid. During every night phase you MUST run in to someone and shout “IT’S A TRAP!!!”. That person will be both protected from any other night action, and roleblocked from performing any action themselves, HOWEVER, they will also know who you are due to your shouty trap-avoiding ways.
Your win condition is Rebels

Ackbar protects AND roleblocks, and that person will know they've been visited (presumably regardless of whether or not they were actually blocked or protected).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:50 

Ah, but for Craster to specifically say he was blocked, that suggests he has a night action, unless that was just his way of saying "visited"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:51 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I think we have to assume it is the case, and things aren't looking good for DP. :P

disclaimer, i have no idea what is going on.

I am still very suss of DPs timing last night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:51 
Unpossible!

Ha, I missed the 'blocked' part.

Is that a 'D'OH!' moment for Craster there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:52 
Isn't that lovely?

I get the feeling that craster just meant he was visited by Ackbar rather than actively blocked, although I could be wrong, it could well be another slip of the fingers.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:55 
Excellent Member

[vote: DavPaz]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:59 
Unpossible!

Pushed for time, LC?

Care to elaborate?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:59 
Unpossible!

Malc wrote:
I get the feeling that craster just meant he was visited by Ackbar rather than actively blocked, although I could be wrong, it could well be another slip of the fingers.

Malc

I get the feeling that you and Craster can communicate, although I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:04 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

I get the feeling that you and Craster can communicate, although I could be wrong.

If I could communicate with craster would I really be defending him so much and so obviously?

yeah, yeah, I know, maybe it's a double bluff.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:05 
Ready for action

Er, why are you defending Craster?

Unbelievably, I was expected to work in class this morning Was busy foraging for food and other cavey type things this morning :roll: but I will try and be more active this afternoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:09 
Ready for action

Hmm, the Craster blocked slip is seeming more like a slip than anything else. We have to remember that doesnt mean he is a baddy though, he could be a goody who was blocked.
kalmar has started today with a belief that DavPaz is bad, which appears to have come from nowhere. I'm interested in that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:11 
Isn't that lovely?

Gilly wrote:
Er, why are you defending Craster?

Unbelievably, I was expected to work in class this morning Was busy foraging for food and other cavey type things this morning :roll: but I will try and be more active this afternoon

Because when I read what craster said, in my mind it said he was visited by ackbar not that he was blocked by him. So I was surprised that people were jumping on him saying that he was doing something.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:11 
Peculiar, yet lovely

DavPaz wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
Presumably Ackbar knows two people now, unless his role on night 1 was protective rather than roleblocky

Oh, does Ackbar get feedback on the people he shouts at? I assumed it was a one way street.

Well, at least two of us know who he is now anyway (3 if you count Ackbar himself) so his secret's become less and less secret.

I am a fool.

Joans wrote:
Ah, but for Craster to specifically say he was blocked, that suggests he has a night action, unless that was just his way of saying "visited"?

Not necessarily. Ackbar didn't pipe up yesterday when he blocked someone else (well, it seems more than likely, anyway), so there's no obvious danger of exposure for his target. If anything, it suggests to me more that Craster's innocent if anything, or at least not a big bad - why risk the exposure?

Or pooossibly he is a villain angling for a roleclaim, but that seems needlessly dangerous just to bag Ackbar, as anyone he visits will know who he is, and the sith are already one down, and might already know who ackbar is if Palpatine was targeted on night one. Although if he were, I can't imagine why the Sith wouldn't have whacked Ackbar last night.

So um. I doubt Palpatine was blocked by Ackbar on night one - they'd have offed him. Maybe another stormtrooper though, but the numbers make this fairly unlikely.

I think we may be getting lost in the detail of this Ackbar thing, though. Maybe we should be looking at what Russell was up to yesterday? His role is the most concrete information we have.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:13 
Unpossible!

sinister agent wrote:
Maybe we should be looking at what Russell was up to yesterday? His role is the most concrete information we have.

You are of course, correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:16 

Wait, that makes sense doesn't it.
If Ackbar happened to block the chosen stormtrooper on night one, then the sith couldn't kill him off, because the stormtrooper can't tell them who Ackbar is.
Ackbar could then block the same person again, but the sith could just choose another stormtrooper and get a kill in.

Although that would suggest Craster was a stormtrooper, unless Ackbar chose someone different from night one, or something entirely different happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:17 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
If Ackbar happened to block the chosen stormtrooper on night one, then the sith couldn't kill him off, because the stormtrooper can't tell them who Ackbar is.
Ackbar could then block the same person again, but the sith could just choose another stormtrooper and get a kill in.

Although that would suggest Craster was a stormtrooper, unless Ackbar chose someone different from night one, or something entirely different happened.

I don't think the sith actually choose the storm trooper (they don't know who they are) I am sure I read that curio was going to decide a random order or something

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:20 

Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

I don't think the sith actually choose the storm trooper (they don't know who they are) I am sure I read that curio was going to decide a random order or something

Malc

Good point, but my main point still stands.
Night one, the sith try to kill, but the stormtrooper doing the killing gets blocked. He knows who ackbar is, but can't tell the sith, who choose to kill someone else on night two

If Curio was choosing them at random, then if Ackbar (or anyone) did block the chosen stormtrooper on night one, they might not have blocked the chosen one on night two, even if they chose the same person. In fact, it might have been Vader that blocked the stormtrooper on night one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:20 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

One additional bit of info that i've only just noticed (and no-one else has commented on) as a possibility for night 1 is that the *same* person , (who could be captured) was chosen to be captured by either the Jawa or Fett *and* targetted for death

Quote:
Action order
Roleblocks - Identifyings - Protectings - Kidnappings - Questionings - Slave Freeings - Killings

Quote:
Whilst you have captives, they lose their night actions, but cannot be killed at night and also remain active in-game

So the person was kidnapped first , then the kill action would fail.

(I'm not saying this has happened - however i'm saying its another possibility).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:23 
Ready for action

I am beginning to feel tempted to vote for Malia. I think he has been a bit weird and rereading the last few pages of day two, his reaosning for thinking DavPaz should go today (after being very very vocal about getting Trooper) was very odd.
Typically, no one is really sure about a vote on day two and they tend to put votes in reluctantly so the fact he was so conifdent about Trooper was odd, especially given Trooper wasn't a baddy. He was however a goody that it wasn't a loss to lose therefore no one has really fussed over looking at who voted for him and who encouraged it which could be a clever move on a baddys part. Grim... started that vote but it really seemed to have been started in response to a throw away comment and then it gained momentum, based on Troopers manipulation of everyone. But I really dont get why Malia was so gung ho.
Then he started saying things like
Quote:
Let's kill Trooper, then Davpaz.

Quote:
If we kill Trooper, then that's all well and good, and we need to do it soon.

If DavPaz WAS visited by Ackbar in the night, and he isn't lynched tomorrow, then he clearly has information that the Empire wants, so they will try to keep him alive. If he gets Diana'd in the night, then that's too bad, but the rebels probably didn't do it, as they need the votes and wouldn't waste a kill, and the Empire know that he wasn't visited.

So, all in all, wasting Trooper then Davpaz is a good idea.

Any objections to my reasoning?

He didn't say that if we kill Trooper and he is good then it's a shame, he just seemed happy to get the kill.

Quote:
No, vote trooper now, and we can pick Davpaz up tomorrow.

Only the empire really care who ackbar is, as he has an investigatory role and can roleblock. They want him from the field sharpish.

As Davpaz has claimed to know who he is, that information is only useful to the empire, as the rebels can just either nobble davpaz in the night, thus removing any intel he might be able to get them, or the empire will to cover themselves, thus denying them of that intel. So, if Davpaz lives through the night, the rebels will kill him during the next day phase sharpish as he is Empire scum. If he isn't Empire, then hey ho, omlette, eggs. Unless of course, he has already passed that intel onwards, in which case, the rebels nobble him.

Any case, nobbling Davpaz cannot, at this stage, be a bad thing for the rebels. If I were them, I wouldn't try and biff him off in the night, as he might be protected, so that's a go wasted, but public lynch tomorrow, early on.

Worst case: rebels lose a person.
Best case, Empire loses a person and a source of intel.

Then he says that if DavPaz isnt killed overnight then it proves he's bad. I don't get this. If Davpaz was visited by Ackbar, and he isn't a bad guy, why would he be killed overnight? No one would have reaosn to be suspicious of him. Malia also says
Quote:
if Davpaz lives through the night, the rebels will kill him during the next day phase sharpish as he is Empire scum

why is he referring to the rebels as a seperate group?

[vote:MaliA]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:23 
Sleepyhead

Rule clarification:

When someone either attacks Palpatine or Palpatine chooses to kill, the Stormtrooper who will cop it in his stead, or the Stormtrooper who will try to kill, is selected via random means.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:24 

Curiosity wrote:
Rule clarification:

When someone either attacks Palpatine or Palpatine chooses to kill, the Stormtrooper who will cop it in his stead, or the Stormtrooper who will try to kill, is selected via random means.

If someone blocked Palpatine, would that stop him from choosing to kill, or do you need to block the actual stormtrooper that is doing the killing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:25 
Unpossible!

Gilly is my new best friend.

[vote:gilly]

JOKE

[vote:malia]

not because I have a reason, it'll just be nice to even out the votes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:25 
Ready for action

By the way, I'm not saying I believe DavPaz but I just don't understand this logic. Usually fi someone reasons out something then even if you don't trust them you can follow their logic but this just seems to be random nonsense with accusation mixed in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:26 
Unpossible!

Oh, I'm all for the random nonsense usually, but this time I am 100% telling the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:27 

Gilly presents some good logic, it does seem odd for MaliA to be pushing so hard for Trooper's death.

[vote:MaliA]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:30 
Peculiar, yet lovely

zaphod79 wrote:
One additional bit of info that i've only just noticed (and no-one else has commented on) as a possibility for night 1 is that the *same* person , (who could be captured) was chosen to be captured by either the Jawa or Fett *and* targetted for death

Quote:
Action order
Roleblocks - Identifyings - Protectings - Kidnappings - Questionings - Slave Freeings - Killings

Quote:
Whilst you have captives, they lose their night actions, but cannot be killed at night and also remain active in-game

So the person was kidnapped first , then the kill action would fail.

(I'm not saying this has happened - however i'm saying its another possibility).

I pointed this out yesterday. SULKING STARTS NOW.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:30 
Ready for action

:DD

Troopers first post, day one.

Quote:
<takes off black cloak>
<puts down lightsabre>
<takes off restraining bolt>
<removes gold bikini>

Mesa founda... <cough cough> Sorry the cold is playing havoc with my throat, it's like a sarlacs maw in there, not that I would know anything about that, I found all this crap outside, does it belong to anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:32 
Ready for action

Oh, er...
Zeppo's first post, day one.

Quote:
*snap-hiss* That's enough out of you!

Many bothans died to bring you this post.

I'm not particularly familiar with the Star Wars films, I've only seen the first four (not the two most recent) and even then it was years ago. But what's the relevance of *snap-hiss*? Doesn't sound very friendly to me! :S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:33 
Unpossible!

Lightsaber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:34 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Does Darth Vaders mask make that noise when removed?

A bit tenuous maybe?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:36 
Ready for action

DavPaz wrote:
Lightsaber

Oh. I'd have never guessed that. I thought a light saber sounded like vrrrooomussshh. Took me a few minutes to find the letter for that, along with pulling a few funny faces!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:36 
Unpossible!

Sometimes it's *crack-HUMM*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:39 
*lurk*

Gilly wrote:
I'm not particularly familiar with the Star Wars films, I've only seen the first four (not the two most recent) and even then it was years ago. But what's the relevance of *snap-hiss*? Doesn't sound very friendly to me! :S

Snap-hiss = the sound of a lightsaber igniting! Can't believe you don't know that :p

Given that people are looking for clues like this though, I have to say I'm not a lightsaber-user of any kind. Just love me the sound of a lightsaber.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'm going to vote for you just for the rubbish lightsabre noises.

[vote:Zeppo]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

[vote:unvote]

I hope you've learned your lesson.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:42 
Unpossible!

Good work on straddling the page break :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Tell me about it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:44 
baron of techno

DavPaz wrote:
kalmar wrote:
You were sort of role-claiming jarjar on the first day

Was I? How so?

This post:
viewtopic.php?style=5&f=8&t=6747&p=515520#p515520

DavPaz wrote:
Wooee! We got's a bandwagon rolling!

It's not an overtly "jar-jar speak" post as a couple of others did for lols, but it's definitely similar to that style of phrasing, but vague enough to deny it if (as happened) jarjar turned up dead.

sinister agent wrote:
Kalmar, what makes you think Dav is suspicious?

I elaborated here:
viewtopic.php?style=2&p=515923#p515923

Apart from that, the repeated trying to out ackbar thing, and just general oddness.

That said, gilly's suggestion makes sense too. But would malia be that overt in choosing people if he was a badguy? Perhaps yes because it's malia.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:46 
Unpossible!

Heh, the Woowee thing was more of a YEEHAW knee slapping redneck attempt.

And as for oddness... dude, you've *met* me ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:51 
Ready for action

They are good points, when zeppo today said something about Ackbar coming forward my initial gut reaction was that maybe those two could communicate and so they're trying to make it look like less of a thing by casually throwing it in again from a different player. This is a confusing game so I think the bad guys could possibly be using a tactic of simply trying to sow the seeds of confusion a bit more in the hope of making us slip up and maybe reveal something we shouldn't.
In saying that, no one has counter claimed against Dav Paz to say they were visited on night one. But it could have been one of our power roles who was visited in which case it's probably better they didn't so as they don't draw attention to themself.
I'm still a bit suspicious of DavPaz and Zeppo. I had noticed that quote that you are saying sounds JarJar-esque when he said it but I took as just him being a bit daft. The point you make is a good one though, he could have been planning to use it as a cover story. Seems a bit unlikely though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:03 
Gogmagog

kalmar wrote:
But would malia be that overt in choosing people if he was a badguy? Perhaps yes because it's malia.

Errm, thanks, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:16 
Unpossible!

Gilly wrote:
I took as just him being a bit daft

Errm, thanks, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

CLONES!

[vote:davpazmalia]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:41 
*lurk*

Gilly wrote:
I'm still a bit suspicious of DavPaz and Zeppo.

Probably shooting myself in the foot here for asking, but why me Gilly?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next