Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game IV Day IV: "The blood is the life!"
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:09 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Keep up, if he's the Sire he knows full well who the childe are, therefore cannot be wrong!

There can't be any childe(s?) left, so the minute he pointed at someone (in this case me) he'd be proved wrong.

Eh? He pointed at KevR, KevR was a vampire!
Either we praise him for this or lynch him on the basis that it's an elaborate double bluff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:
Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Keep up, if he's the Sire he knows full well who the childe are, therefore cannot be wrong!

There can't be any childe(s?) left, so the minute he pointed at someone (in this case me) he'd be proved wrong.

Either we praise him for this or lynch him on the basis that it's an elaborate double bluff.

Who could he point at today? You said he'd be safe for the rest of the game, but he's got no Childes left to point at.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:10 
Skillmeister

I can, 100%, categorically, absolutely and truthfully assure you, I am NOT the serial killer nor a vampire of any flavour.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:11 

Dimrill wrote:
I can, 100%, categorically, absolutely and truthfully assure you, I am NOT the serial killer nor a vampire of any flavour.

It was an awesome theory though, wasn't it? :)

baron of techno

Fuckit
[vote:Dimrill]

Sorry in advance"!

Skillmeister

It seemed yesterday "if you're wrong we'll lynch you" and now today "you were right, let's lynch you".
WHO will repair your shoes once I'm gone? And why the frick do serial killers keep trying to frame my family?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:13 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Who could he point at today? You said he'd be safe for the rest of the game, but he's got no Childes left to point at.

What? He's *already done it*! He doesn't need to do it again, we should at this point be totally counting him out of the frame, because why would a vampire vote for another vampire!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:15 
baron of techno

Craster, what are you up to?

And everyone else, don't worry, I'll make you some fine chipboard soles for your shoes from now on, and if Dimrill turns out to be just a cobbler I'll eat them too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:15 
Skillmeister

When I'm gone, boys, you remember good ole Dimmers was a fingerin Craster and Mr Russ, eh? You know, Craster with the dried blood around his gob, and Mr Russ who Dudley the Vigilante fingered before he died as well. Promise you'll do that fellers? Fellers?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

This is just semantics. You said "He'll be safe for the rest of the game". If that was his plan, he'd just keep quiet. But no, he's already pointing the finger at someone else. If he's the sire, he can't possibly be pointing at another childe, because there aren't any left. So if we lynch who he says tonight, he'll be proved wrong, and hence look just as suspicious as before.

This is meaningless though. I'm just saying it would be a stupid play for the Sire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:18 

Dimrill wrote:
It seemed yesterday "if you're wrong we'll lynch you" and now today "you were right, let's lynch you".
WHO will repair your shoes once I'm gone? And why the frick do serial killers keep trying to frame my family?

As I wrote my post, I was trying to convince people you weren't the Sire, if there even is a Sire. Then it occured to me you could be the Serial Killer, and you wanted us to lynch KevR, who you seemed to know was a vampire.
The only way you could know, if you were the Serial Killer, was if you'd been recruited.

We should remember Rev Owens dying words though, he did leave his stake to Dimrill, and as Rev Owen was a priest, that suggests that Dimrill is also a member of Judas Priest or Van Halen.

[vote:unvote]

For Dimrill to have done everything I suggested, and for us to catch him and win the game like this would pretty much have to be VampireScum - the movie.
The truth is more likely that Dimrill is another priest and saw KevR, or he is Van Halen and saw KevR killing Malc74 on the first night?

Dr Gaywood, if Van Halen tries to protect someone that a Childe targets with a kill action, will he see who carried out the kill action?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:20 

Dimrill wrote:
When I'm gone, boys, you remember good ole Dimmers was a fingerin Craster and Mr Russ, eh? You know, Craster with the dried blood around his gob, and Mr Russ who Dudley the Vigilante fingered before he died as well. Promise you'll do that fellers? Fellers?!

I don't get this though. Dudley might have suspected Mr Russ, but didn't he tell us that he didn't do anything on the first night?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:21 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
I'm trying to work out if Dave's dinner is a cunning delaying tactic while he disappears to work out something clever to say, as he's done it twice now.

No, my dinner is actually just eating dinner. People tend to need to do that at this time of day.

But seriously, go back to day 3, and look through it now, knowing more of the roles. Look who responds to me and how... (Especially given that two of the main antagonists somehow happened to be vampires... odd that, really...)

Look who repeatedly responds negatively to KevR being fingered - Runcle. Absolutely no surprise he got hit.

I got the information out of yesterday that I wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:21 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
This is just semantics. You said "He'll be safe for the rest of the game". If that was his plan, he'd just keep quiet. But no, he's already pointing the finger at someone else.
Quote:
Well that's stage 2 isn't it? We'll do what he says for a couple of turns because he had a lucky or inspired guess. I.e., he can now point at anyone he reckons has a power role and there's a good chance of lynching them.

Quote:
If he's the sire, he can't possibly be pointing at another childe, because there aren't any left.

Yes but he doesn't need to do that!

Quote:
So if we lynch who he says tonight, he'll be proved wrong, and hence look just as suspicious as before.

No, less suspicious theoretically, because "he can't be a vampire if he led the charge in lynching one"!

Quote:
This is meaningless though. I'm just saying it would be a stupid play for the Sire.

It's certainly bold but I wouldn't say stupid. I mean, it would have the merit of actually being a plan, for example. And it's sure as hell livened up what was a fairly dull game so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:22 
baron of techno

Dammit, my quoting went tits :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:23 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dave wrote:
Look who repeatedly responds negatively to KevR being fingered - Runcle. Absolutely no surprise he got hit.

Are you roleclaiming the SK?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:23 

Joans wrote:
Dr Gaywood, if Van Halen tries to protect someone that a Childe targets with a kill action, will he see who carried out the kill action?
No. He can chose to die in their place, but he doesn't learn anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:

I understood it. I don't think we're actually argueing about anything, to be honest. In summary, I do not believe Dimrill is the Sire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:24 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:
For Dimrill to have done everything I suggested, and for us to catch him and win the game like this would pretty much have to be VampireScum - the movie.

Yeah, it probably is too good to be true :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:25 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
This is just semantics. You said "He'll be safe for the rest of the game". If that was his plan, he'd just keep quiet. But no, he's already pointing the finger at someone else. If he's the sire, he can't possibly be pointing at another childe, because there aren't any left. So if we lynch who he says tonight, he'll be proved wrong, and hence look just as suspicious as before.

No, no one is safe through the game, it wouldn't work, as a safe bet is likely to become one which isn't the moment people refuse to suspect them. However, it is too soon for that anyway.

Nnngh, I'm torn with which way to vote... Craster or Rodafowa....
*Sits on hands*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:26 

richardgaywood wrote:
Joans wrote:
No. He can chose to die in their place, but he doesn't learn anything.

So the only way for Dimrill to have been absolutely sure that KevR was a vampire was if he was a priest, or if he'd been recruited by the Vampires (or was already a vampire, but that scenario doesn't make much sense)?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:26 
Skillmeister

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

I understood it. I don't think we're actually argueing about anything, to be honest. In summary, I do not believe Dimrill is the Sire.

Hahaha! Of course you don't Craster! Do you, Craster? Craster with the blood and all that. You know, that Craster. Hahahaha! *wipes tear from eye with a metal key file* Oooooh lordy...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Craster wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:27 

kalmar wrote:
And it's sure as hell livened up what was a fairly dull game so far.
:(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

richardgaywood wrote:
kalmar wrote:

It's been what we made of it. We're the ones that sat paralysed by indecision for 3 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:29 
Skillmeister

richardgaywood wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Ah come on now, of course it was dull. Not from the setup, but from the players flippying floppying all over the shop and nolynching all the time. Come on now people, step up and kill me, Dave, Craster or Mr Russ. Don't be shy!

Craster wrote:
It's been what we made of it. We're the ones that sat paralysed by indecision for 3 days.
Hmm, dunno. We'll get off-track though if we keep this up. Can we please suspend all discussion/criticism of the ruleset until after the game?

(yeah, I know I was the one doing it)

Ta.

baron of techno

Aw sorry Dr G, I didn't mean it like that, more just in terms of the cautious plays in the first 2 days. It's definitely running well now anyway :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:31 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Are you absolutely mad?!?

No, of course I'm not. I spent much of yesterday denying it. Hell, I spent much of yesterday trying to get myself killed. (I'm guessing that by now we can also confirm whether or not I'm the loon)

That is not the action of a serial killer, and my original reason still stands.

Skillmeister

Hey, killing ME would sure lend some weight to these charges I'm hefting around, as the truth will out! I can assume that if Curio is the psychiatrist as he says, he did investigate me last night and was left a-wantin'. Just due to my "OMFG DO SOMETHING OR KILL ME NOW!" type posts. So that makes good ole Dimmers sane, right? RIGHT?>!!?

baron of techno

Er. Umm. Are you the.. ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:32 

The other thing that puzzles me, is that if Dimrill isn't the SK/Sire, why didn't the Childe kill him last night after he orchestrated a lynch against one of their own. Surely that would have been enough to suggest he was a Priest, unless they already knew The Rev Owen was a priest and decided to take him out first.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:33 
Skillmeister

Thanks to any Van Halens that may or may not have protected my beautiful ass last night, btw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:34 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dave wrote:
Are you absolutely mad?!?

You said you got what you wanted out of yesterday, and implied that what you wanted was the information that Runcle was defending KevR. Runcle was then killed by the SK. Sounds reasonable to me.

Skillmeister

Hey, if the Van Halen protects himself that night and the vampire comes for him, can he choose to die instead of himself for himself?

Dimrill wrote:
Thanks to any Van Halens that may or may not have protected my beautiful ass last night, btw.

Good point, but obviously, nobody even tried to kill you. They killed The Rev Owen instead.

baron of techno

[vote:unvote]

I will still LOL from beyond the grave if my theory's correct though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:35 
baron of techno

Mr Dave wrote:
No, of course I'm not. I spent much of yesterday denying it. Hell, I spent much of yesterday trying to get myself killed. (I'm guessing that by now we can also confirm whether or not I'm the loon)

You are the loon then, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:36 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Can we also have a bite check from anyone who hasn't done one, please. We need to know if there's still a Sire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:37 
Skillmeister

I think what Dave may be referring to is that yesterday was so fucking boring until the KevR waggon arrived in town, so the prospect of another day with "nolynch" hanging over the town made him despair and want to end it. As did I!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:38 

I don't think we can afford another NoLynch, we have to try and get the Serial killer by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:41 
Skillmeister

What's all this 2 days left business? Has the serial killer role changed since the FAQ Rulez OMG! on the main page? I can only find:

Quote:
You are a Serial Killer. You are a homicidal maniac. You must kill one person each night to satisfy your blood lust. You will be killed yourself if you target the Vampire Sire, but you can succesfully kill a Vampire Childe. If you are turned into a vampire, your win condition remains Serial Killer i.e. you will be actively working against the other vampires still and will know who they all are. You will be able to lie to the coven in PMs etc. However you still cannot directly kill the Vampire Sire as he is too strong for you -- will have to somehow arrange his death, through a staking or by giving him up to Van Helsing. You will have both night powers, both your serial killer kill, and your childe kill, roleblock, or bite (as ordered by the Sire). You are a busy man! You are encouraged to be graphic in your kill descriptions.

baron of techno

Craster wrote:
Can we also have a bite check from anyone who hasn't done one, please. We need to know if there's still a Sire.

There's definitiely still a sire (if it's not Dimrill) because the childe who did for Rev Owen last night would have been promoted if there wasn't one.

So, definitely at least one vampire, including a Sire, whichever way you look at it, unless I've misunderstood something drastically.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

His win condition is to get 5 deaths - he doesn't need to survive.

As you well know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:42 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Two in one night, whoo! There must still be a sire, though - and Craster and Runcle agreed a lot in the early days. And while I can see the arguments for Dims being a bad guy (killing one of your own would be brave, but, as we can see, gets you some protection), let's see if Dimmers can make it 2 for 2.
[vote:craster]

Dimrill wrote:
Hey, if the Van Halen protects himself that night and the vampire comes for him, can he choose to die instead of himself for himself?

Like m(y brother in another village - Ed) as the scientist - what if he roleblocked himself?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:
There's definitiely still a sire (if it's not Dimrill) because the childe who did for Rev Owen last night would have been promoted if there wasn't one.

So, definitely at least one vampire, including a Sire, whichever way you look at it, unless I've misunderstood something drastically.

You're missing that the childe that did for Rev Owen could have been Runcle, and there may not have been a successful double bite.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:
His win condition is to get 5 deaths - he doesn't need to survive.

As you well know.

Does that mean game over, though? Or is it a mini-win, like the psychiatrist?

Dimrill wrote:
What's all this 2 days left business? Has the serial killer role changed since the FAQ Rulez OMG! on the main page? I can only find:

Quote:
You are a Serial Killer. You are a homicidal maniac. You must kill one person each night to satisfy your blood lust. You will be killed yourself if you target the Vampire Sire, but you can succesfully kill a Vampire Childe. If you are turned into a vampire, your win condition remains Serial Killer i.e. you will be actively working against the other vampires still and will know who they all are. You will be able to lie to the coven in PMs etc. However you still cannot directly kill the Vampire Sire as he is too strong for you -- will have to somehow arrange his death, through a staking or by giving him up to Van Helsing. You will have both night powers, both your serial killer kill, and your childe kill, roleblock, or bite (as ordered by the Sire). You are a busy man! You are encouraged to be graphic in your kill descriptions.

As Dr Happyplank said in the first post, if the serial killer makes it to 5 kills, then it lessens the towns win as we'll have to share it with the serial killer (assuming the town can get the win).

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

You're missing that the childe that did for Rev Owen could have been Runcle, and there may not have been a successful double bite.

Oh wait - you're right. He would have become the Sire when KevR died and been unable to kill.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 20:44 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Ah, fair enough.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next