Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game 3 - Day II
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:20 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
Hot Damn Mr Russ is reminding me of CG circa game 2 right now.

CG didn't put on a stupid accent for the whole game.

No I meant the non-obvious similarities

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:20 
Rakish Member

Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:
Nope, I don't think Mr Russ should hang today but if his aim is for one of them to be lynched, why change votes in such a way as to make it less likely?

I'm goin' ter be quite explicit now. Oi have mentioned what oi do at night. This should tell yer what investigative powers and night actions oi have (if any). This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously. MaliA on the other hand has done a good job convincing me of his role otherwise. Read the last few of MaliA's posts, and think what 'is role might be. Read mine, and think what my role might be.

Oi now (for the time being) stick by me hunch that Jasmine is mafia, and JBR is the cult leader. Don't go after the cult leader until tomorrow. The mafia is more of a threat today.

I think the Suicide Bomber should take out JBR.

You have a serious Suicide Bomber obsession.

Mainly because I think there is a serious risk of the role going to waste, or even worse being recruited by the Cult.

If the Cult recruit the Suicide Bomber, they will have the advantage of using the ability with the benefit of having shared knowledge.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:21 
Awesome
Yes

LaceSensor wrote:
Joans wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

'E means that CG was the Cult Leader.

Isn't that lovely?

KevR wrote:
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:
Nope, I don't think Mr Russ should hang today but if his aim is for one of them to be lynched, why change votes in such a way as to make it less likely?

I'm goin' ter be quite explicit now. Oi have mentioned what oi do at night. This should tell yer what investigative powers and night actions oi have (if any). This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously. MaliA on the other hand has done a good job convincing me of his role otherwise. Read the last few of MaliA's posts, and think what 'is role might be. Read mine, and think what my role might be.

Oi now (for the time being) stick by me hunch that Jasmine is mafia, and JBR is the cult leader. Don't go after the cult leader until tomorrow. The mafia is more of a threat today.

Why should they do that? How can Mr Russ know about Jasmine *AND* JBR?

Malc

He said that Goddess Jasmine was a hunch.

He said they both were.

and I was reading hunch to be a euphamism for "using my powers"

Now either he has the ability to work out who's doing what (so he's the mimic or vigilante) or he's lying and he's mafia/cult/SK

If he's one of the first ones, I suspect he will die tonight (if he's not hanged today) if he doesn't die tonight then it's the latter.

Malc

Legendary Boogeyman

You only get to be similar to me if you win two games in a row ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:22 

Mr Russ wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
Joans wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

'E means that CG was the Cult Leader.

Yeah, thanks Sherlock.

Isn't that lovely?

KevR wrote:
Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Mainly because I think there is a serious risk of the role going to waste, or even worse being recruited by the Cult.

If the Cult recruit the Suicide Bomber, they will have the advantage of using the ability with the benefit of having shared knowledge.

But that could be advantageous for the SB?

Malc

Soopah red DS

KevR wrote:

That's true - bit of a blunt tool, though, and if they get it wrong they lose a convert and a potential one; which would suggest that if the SB is recruited then they'll hold fire for a while, whereas as things get edgier (and the chances of hitting a bad guy increase) they're more likely to deploy if not converted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:23 
Isn't that lovely?

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
KevR wrote:
Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Malc

Going to the cult I mean.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:23 

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
KevR wrote:
Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Malc

So why doesn't the Suicide Bomber put his hands up and get a free recruiting. Or has he already?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:24 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russ wrote:
In my opinion. Because yer tried to twist me words rather than act on or deny me accusation directly.

Again where - give me quotes.
Malc wrote:
Why should they do that? How can Mr Russ know about Jasmine *AND* JBR?

Malc

Exactly, all he is going on is me defending myself, he admitted earlier than he was giving my cage a good rattle, I'm hardly going to sit here and whistle to myself as though I have something to hide.

Kalmar wrote:
Holy shite, I think I've got it.

Well I wish you'd tell me!
KevR wrote:
He said that Goddess Jasmine was a hunch.

Exactly, based on him rattling my cage and me defending myself...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:24 
Isn't that lovely?

I don't think ANY role would survive the night if they "outed" themselves.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:25 
Sleepyhead

Joans wrote:

So why doesn't the Suicide Bomber put his hands up and get a free recruiting. Or has he already?

Unless you're implying that Malc is doing this, then it would be foolish for the SB, as you'd get probably all three of the kill functions offing him during the night!

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:

Malc

Er, right you are. I did kind of think of that halfway through typing, but my fingers got ahead of my brain.

Best
Board Mother

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:

Malc

:this:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:26 
Rakish Member

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
KevR wrote:
Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Malc

But with the Cult being so weak, they are more likely to be killed by Mafia first.

The Suicide Bomber is the only thing that potentially gives the Cult an offensive capability against the Mafia other than by influencing who gets lynched. So it's definitely in the Mafia's interest for him not to be used so they can kill him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:28 

There could be an arguement for each side not bothering to off the suicide bomber though.
Anyway, things are getting a little tense. I'll be back later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:32 
Gogmagog

I'm still sticking with my GJ vote.

Legendary Boogeyman

IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

All of this suicide bomber talk has got me thinking about their role in the game and the possibilities for recruitment, etc.

Therefore, from this point onwards, I'm going to retroactively fiddle the rules so that:

1) If the mafia/sk/vigilante target the Suicide Bomber, they will explode and kill the mafia/sk/vigilante person carrying out the hit.
2) The cult cannot recruit the Suicide Bomber.

Rakish Member

Joans wrote:
There could be an arguement for each side not bothering to off the suicide bomber though.
Anyway, things are getting a little tense. I'll be back later.

The advantage the Suicide Bomber would give to the Cult is certainly a compelling enough reason for the Mafia to want him out of the way.

Especially given the Mafia's current strong position.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:34 
Awesome
Yes

KevR will you shut up about the suicide bomber or blow yerself up please.

Soopah red DS

ComicalGnomes wrote:
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

All of this suicide bomber talk has got me thinking about their role in the game and the possibilities for recruitment, etc.

Therefore, from this point onwards, I'm going to retroactively fiddle the rules so that:

1) If the mafia/sk/vigilante target the Suicide Bomber, they will explode and kill the mafia/sk/vigilante person carrying out the hit.

That is quite a change. Sounds good, though - in that it gives the SB longer to ponder what they're doing. Makes them quite a weapon for the town, which evens the scores a bit, I think.

Sleepyhead

ComicalGnomes wrote:
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

Wow.

The Suicide Bomber is now The Man.

Excellent Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

Interesting rule update. Quite like it.

Keeps the Jihad on the side of the town, and makes sense.

Rakish Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

Cool. That's tipped the balance a bit back in favour of Town.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:35 
Sleepyhead

Now I would say that the Suicide Bomber should definitely keep his bomb to himself unless he looks in imminent danger. He's certainly a lot more secure unless the SK gets lucky or the Vigilante slips up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:36 
Time Out for Fun

Just been reading back and mr russ and MaliA seem to be in cahoots, they both were voting for GJ near the start, MaliA started to get a few votes against him and russ unvoted GJ on the terms no one was following him.

Then he voted for MaliA as some kind of ploy to show they werent partners, and voted for him on the basis he hid bodies in his scarcrows which there isnt any real reason to actually suspct from what hes said.

Then later on MaliA said to think carefully about voting for him, he says people started voting for him when he accused GJ, straight away russ changes his vote back to GJ to influence people. sounds to me thats hes trying to say MaliA is speaking sense whilst still suspecting him to make a sense there not in it together.

But later on mr russ accuses malia and GJ working together and says to vote for GJ, even though MaliA had more votes, why? obvious, later on kalmar changes his vote to GJ aswell so it worked unless kalmar is in it to but im not sure.

In his last sentence in that post he also mentions JBR again which again I think was a deperate ploy to try and stop people voting for MaliA when he was so close to getting lynched. after this post MaliA says straight away that the rooms seems to have some sanity again backing up mr.russ's claims.

Theres too many direct agreements between them and only the cult and the mafia can talk to each other and Im sure they must be part of one of them. Im keeping my vote the same as it has the majority vote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:37 
Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:

Why would you object to me wanting the Suicide Bomber to kill JBR?

According to you he is the Cult Leader.

Admitting there is now less urgency for them to be used.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:38 
Awesome
Yes

So if I were to change my vote to MaliA you'd say I was making the sacrifice, yes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:38 
Awesome
Yes

KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

Why would you object to me wanting the Suicide Bomber to kill JBR?

According to you he is the Cult Leader.

Admitting there is now less urgency for them to be used.

Sorry, I was typing that before the rule update, and every psot you've made has mentioned the suicide bomber.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:39 
Excellent Member

Runcle wrote:
Just been reading back and mr russ and MaliA seem to be in cahoots, they both were voting for GJ near the start, MaliA started to get a few votes against him and russ unvoted GJ on the terms no one was following him.

Then he voted for MaliA as some kind of ploy to show they werent partners, and voted for him on the basis he hid bodies in his scarcrows which there isnt any real reason to actually suspct from what hes said.

Then later on MaliA said to think carefully about voting for him, he says people started voting for him when he accused GJ, straight away russ changes his vote back to GJ to influence people. sounds to me thats hes trying to say MaliA is speaking sense whilst still suspecting him to make a sense there not in it together.

But later on mr russ accuses malia and GJ working together and says to vote for GJ, even though MaliA had more votes, why? obvious, later on kalmar changes his vote to GJ aswell so it worked unless kalmar is in it to but im not sure.

In his last sentence in that post he also mentions JBR again which again I think was a deperate ploy to try and stop people voting for MaliA when he was so close to getting lynched. after this post MaliA says straight away that the rooms seems to have some sanity again backing up mr.russ's claims.

Theres too many direct agreements between them and only the cult and the mafia can talk to each other and Im sure they must be part of one of them. Im keeping my vote the same as it has the majority vote.

Sound logic. I was a vote for MaliA, but have held off. If it comes to the 1 more vote to decide, ill go back to him. For now there is some evidence that perhaps he is a good guy, hence me withdrawing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:39 
Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
So if I were to change my vote to MaliA you'd say I was making the sacrifice, yes?

You've broken character.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:40 
Time Out for Fun

If you changed it again Id say you were being desperate, also hes warning off the suicide bombing JBR, why? because he doesnt know what role he is and if the suicide bomber does do this and hes a townie, well thats bye bye mr russ.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:40 
Awesome
Yes

KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

You've broken character.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

It were aimed at Runcles deductive logic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:42 
Gogmagog

Runcle wrote:

I've read this three times, and can only draw the conclusion that I'm the man in the middle, with the tempest about me.

<twirls hands and spins around whilst pointing at his own head>

Tempest. Me. See?

Awesome
Yes

Runcle wrote:
If you changed it again Id say you were being desperate, also hes warning off the suicide bombing JBR, why? because he doesnt know what role he is and if the suicide bomber does do this and hes a townie, well thats bye bye mr russ.

Oi didn't mean fer me post to sound loike I was warning KevR off suiciding and taking JBR with him. Just that I was fed up of him mentioning it all the time. Oi'm getting narky a bit.

Legendary Boogeyman

The rule update makes sense I think. The SB is a man on the edge, it's unlikely the cult could sway them to another cause. Similarly I think they'd have enough awareness to blow themselves up if someone comes a-killin'.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:44 
baron of techno

What's the score already?

Gogmagog

kalmar wrote:
What's the score already?

Still too high for me, I fear.

ComicalGnomes wrote:
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE

Hey, I want credit for 50% of this ruling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

Vote Update

malia: 6 votes (plissken, zardoz, goddess jasmine, gazchap, runcle, rodafowa)
goddess jasmine: 5 votes (jbr, malia, curiosity, mr russ, kalmar)
mr russ: 1 votes (sheepeh)

Not voted: lacesensor, joans, kevr, craster, spinglo sponglo!

You're all still divided and I can sleep well in the knowledge that the deadlock probably won't be broken tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:46 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:

DENIED.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:47 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Joans wrote:

DENIED.

That's it, first thing tomorrow I'm on the phone to Viacom's lawyers, they'll sort me out. :hat:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:48 
Excellent Member

in the interest of moving the story along, I'll restate my vote to MaliA.

I hope I'm wrong about you, and even so, your hint could just be a bluff.

[vote:MaliA]

Isn't that lovely?

If all the none voters vote, then either person could still swing.

to that end [vote:malia]

Malc

Legendary Boogeyman

They'll probably just sue you for the unauthorised use of some common words.

Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Oi didn't mean fer me post to sound loike I was warning KevR off suiciding and taking JBR with him. Just that I was fed up of him mentioning it all the time. Oi'm getting narky a bit.

If I was the Suicide Bomber, I'd be long gone!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:49 
Excellent Member

one more vote, it seems.

Anyone got any compelling evidence before MaliA bites it? Or should we say gets put up before the Gov'ner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:49 
Gogmagog

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
If all the none voters vote, then either person could still swing.

to that end [vote:malia]

Malc

Seriously, on what grounds?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:50 
Isn't that lovely?

Risky tactic time:

I am the SB. If you attack me tonight then you will die with me!

Malc

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next