Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum Town Square - Day Four
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 13:32 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Interesting.

Very interesting.

My vote's staying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 13:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
Interesting.

Very interesting.

My vote's staying.

So is mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 13:57 
Excellent Member

Hello. I've been working on my latest installation.

If we let Craster live and Joans does investigate him tonight, then he'll be lynched if it the same outcome. However, we need whoever can protect folk to protect Joans, otherwise it seems likely that he'll be targetted tonight.

Hmm. I'm going to abstain from voting, and won't be around for most of the afternoon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:05 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alarm wrote:
Hmm. I'm going to abstain from voting

:facepalm: The only people who actively want this day to timeout are the mafia or the carnies.

Which are you then?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:14 
Best
Board Mother

Alarm wrote:
If we let Craster live and Joans does investigate him tonight, then he'll be lynched if it the same outcome.

Why would Joans investigate Craster again tonight, we already know he is carnie/y (if Joans is telling the truth), he can't just turn into something else.

Best
Board Mother

Trooper wrote:
Alarm wrote:

:facepalm: The only people who actively want this day to timeout are the mafia or the carnies.

Which are you then?

:this:

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Alarm wrote:
If we let Craster live and Joans does investigate him tonight, then he'll be lynched if it the same outcome.

Why would Joans investigate Craster again tonight, we already know he is carnie/y (if Joans is telling the truth), he can't just turn into something else.

Because Craster is a super secret FBI agent with a random role if people investigate him.
Of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:15 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Because Craster is a super secret FBI agent with a random role if people investigate him.
Of course.

:this:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:16 
Best
Board Mother

Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Of course.

8) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:16 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I think investigating Craster again is a waste of time regardless. Even if you believe that his multiple ID thing is true, proving this doesn't prove that he's a townie - he could just as easily be a mafia or carny or some kind of independent conman/agent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:18 

I won't be investigating Craster tonight because:
a) I agree, it's a waste of time.
b) I don't really expect to be alive to tell you about my findings anyway.
c) If Craster is still alive at the end of the day the town deserves to lose anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:19 
ugvm'er at heart...

Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Of course.

So, not only do you want today to timeout, you also want Joans to waste his overnight action checking if Craster's pretty obvious bullshit is true?
Add to that your position in the block voting and voting history, which I keep coming back to.

[vote:Alarm]

I was going to stick with Craster, and will happily got back to him if need be by the end of the day, but you are seriously dodgy at the moment!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:19 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Trooper wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Which are you then?

Conversely, the Carnie leader and the Mafia would be quite happy for Craster to be lynched now if it is a foregone conclusion, rather than allowing the day develop and possibly bringing either of them into the sights of the town.

I can't find the button to make the machine in the square work. I'd guess that Craster is on a knife edge, but we've got a good few hours for someone to drop out new information (not least a psychic, by the looks of it) which could either get us a different lynch by the end of the day of potentially higher value, or at the very least, new information before night falls and the Mafia and Carneys do their dirty business again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:22 

It's ok, I found the button

Quote:
Blind Scum Town Square - Day Four

VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 1 (sinister agent)
alarm: 1 (Trooper)
zaphod79: 1 (ApplePieOfDestiny)
craster: 3 (Joans, LaceSensor, Malc)

Not voted: 8 (zaphod79, bobbyaro, craster, goddess jasmine, alarm, gilly, mr russell, kovacsc)

With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

He is surprisingly far from the edge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Which are you then?

Conversely, the Carnie leader and the Mafia would be quite happy for Craster to be lynched now if it is a foregone conclusion, rather than allowing the day develop and possibly bringing either of them into the sights of the town.

I can't find the button to make the machine in the square work. I'd guess that Craster is on a knife edge, but we've got a good few hours for someone to drop out new information (not least a psychic, by the looks of it) which could either get us a different lynch by the end of the day of potentially higher value, or at the very least, new information before night falls and the Mafia and Carneys do their dirty business again.

All true. Saying you want to wait till the end of the day is a completely different prospect to saying you are abstaining though...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:38 
Excellent Member

Trooper wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Which are you then?

Neither. When I voted last minute yesterday for a person I didn't think was a baddie, I was accused of being a baddie.

Seems I cannot win. :shrug:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:40 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
I won't be investigating Craster tonight because:
a) I agree, it's a waste of time.
b) I don't really expect to be alive to tell you about my findings anyway.
c) If Craster is still alive at the end of the day the town deserves to lose anyway.

I agree that it is better to investigate someone else tomorrow, should you survive the night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:42 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Alarms post rings lots of alarm bells :-)

However he might not have realized that today is *very* long , and we can still be talking about this 19 and a bit hours from now.

If Joans is still alive tomorrow he's either been protected overnight (possibly glued in) , or probably recruited by the carnies - In either case I dont think he'll be telling us anything of real use tomorrow.

I dont buy Crasters story at all , however a 'rush' to lynch him doesnt help the town - we're right at the edge here for number of townies left to live - and might even need to rely on the mafia and carnies taking each other out to allow the town to get enough people to get a vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:43 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:

However he might not have realized that today is *very* long , and we can still be talking about this 19 and a bit hours from now.

The day is shorter than you think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:44 
Excellent Member

If Joans is recruited by the carnies tomorrow, do/can they control or dictate what he says?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:46 

Alarm wrote:
If Joans is recruited by the carnies tomorrow, do/can they control or dictate what he says?

No, but my win condition will be carny, so if I find a mafia I'll be happy to tell you, if I find a carny, I'll keep quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:47 

Joans wrote:
Alarm wrote:

No, but my win condition will be carny, so if I find a mafia I'll be happy to tell you, if I find a carny, I'll keep quiet.

[meta]I'm basing this on previous games, I suppose it's possible I can't be recruited, or I'll lose my powers if I am.[/meta]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:50 
8-Bit Champion

Alarm wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

The day is shorter than you think.

Today should finish in 19 hours , 13 minutes unless we have a lynch beforehand ?

Alarm wrote:

If Joans is recruited then his win condition would change to Carnie , so he would tell you what would be best for the carnie side - that could be any amount of mis-information - or real information as well (we would also need to assume he kept his investigative role , so he would be able to help the Carnies spot mafia or any other powerful town roles).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
[meta]I'm basing this on previous games, I suppose it's possible I can't be recruited, or I'll lose my powers if I am.[/meta]

You mean 'based on the fact that I happily let two townies be thrown to the wolves when I knew they were innocent, I am clearly a mafia investigator, so the carnies probably can't recruit me'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:54 

Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:

You mean 'based on the fact that I happily let two townies be thrown to the wolves when I knew they were innocent, I am clearly a mafia investigator, so the carnies probably can't recruit me'.

Haven't you got some FBI work to be getting on with?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:55 
Excellent Member

You're correct, apologies. I assummed [meta] you thought the day ended at 2pm [/meta]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:55 
Best
Board Mother

For all we know he could have been recruited already, this would be great mis-direction after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:56 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:

Or possibly this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:58 
8-Bit Champion

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
For all we know he could have been recruited already, this would be great mis-direction after all.

It could be - we must be very close on numbers overall and a bad choice by the town today / a bit of luck by the Carnies and Mafia overnight would put the town on less than 50% of the remaining people.

(I however unlike GJ trust Joans on this)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:59 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Has anyone checked the vote counter in the town square.

I am tempted not to vote for Joans as he has confirmed I am a Townie so happy, but he could be mafia as he did not try to stop me being lynched. hmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 14:59 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

True, but why would I go after Craster and say he's a carney? If I'd been recruited, I'd want mafia dead, so if he is mafia, why didn't I just say that?
Of course, I could be pretending he's a carney and really he's mafia, but (assuming he gets lynched), you'll find out I was lying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:00 
Best
Board Mother

Giving up one of your own to show no affiliation has been done before.

Anyway, I think we are stuck in a situation where we need to lynch someone to prove if they are right or wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:01 

KovacsC wrote:
Has anyone checked the vote counter in the town square.

I am tempted not to vote for Joans as he has confirmed I am a Townie so happy, but he could be mafia as he did not try to stop me being lynched. hmmmm

This is getting tedious now.

1. I did hint that you were "townly" when you up for a lynch.
2. I didn't know that you were still a townie, as a night had passed since I investigated you.
3. I wasn't going to blow my investigative role on saving a townie, because it seems silly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:02 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Anyway, I think we are stuck in a situation where we need to lynch someone to prove if they are right or wrong.

But giving up a carney to show I have no affiliation to the carnies is stupid, because I most likely will have an affiliation with them after this (or be dead). It makes no possible sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:03 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

But giving up a carney to show I have no affiliation to the carnies is stupid, because I most likely will have an affiliation with them after this (or be dead). It makes no possible sense.

You should always play to your current win condition, it's taken as gospel that this is your mission.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:06 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

You should always play to your current win condition, it's taken as gospel that this is your mission.

I agree, and considering Joans started the lynch going I don't think he is a carny, this doesn't mean he isn't a mafia investigator though.

I'm going to stick my neck out and trust him today, then see where we are tomorrow.

[vote:Craster]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:07 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

okay, some people appear to have received some visions. Given people are talking about it, can we assume the visions are town friendly? (why would the carneys/mafia talk about them*) so that implies that the town have an investigation role. What therefore is Joans? Another town investigation role?

*unless they are lying.

Awesome
Yes

Something something nuclear fission, has anyone else had a night time vision?

Trooper's locked in claims seem well suss to me; Craster night 2 and him 1 and 3.
All this suggests is a linked plot to me; and Craster recruited by Trooper's head Carney.

Best
Board Mother

Blind Scum Town Square - Day Four
VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 1 (sinister agent)
alarm: 1 (Trooper)
zaphod79: 1 (ApplePieOfDestiny)
craster: 4 (Joans, LaceSensor, Malc, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 7 (zaphod79, bobbyaro, craster, alarm, gilly, mr russell, kovacsc)

With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:08 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:

Trooper's locked in claims seem well suss to me; Craster night 2 and him 1 and 3.
All this suggests is a linked plot to me; and Craster recruited by Trooper's head Carney.

I'm leaning in this direction too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:14 
Awesome
Yes

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

[vote:trooper] for reasons provided as such, but i may change my mind as I've not been about much. I'll have to re-read the bulletin board in the square, but it's a lot of effort to walk over there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:

That's stupid. Why would we come up with something as convoluted as that when there was no reason to do so. Doesn't make any sense at all.

[vote:Goddess Jasmine] for finding a reason to throw suspicion around.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:22 
Awesome
Yes

Craster wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

That's stupid. Why would we come up with something as convoluted as that when there was no reason to do so. Doesn't make any sense at all.

There's no way to tell who's telling a lie but I don't put no heed in you being FBI.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:24 
ugvm'er at heart...

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Even though my night time vision was about you, and I assume you know the vision was true?
I didn't lie about that, I haven't lied about anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:33 
Best
Board Mother

Trooper wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Even though my night time vision was about you, and I assume you know the vision was true?

I'm not saying you have lied about anything, being sent a vision doesn't make you a pure townie though does it? To be honest it's the locked in twice thing that's a bit strange.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:35 
Excellent Member

Late to the party today cos I had a big job long drive out to Cambridge.
Seems my passenger will need picking up and taking from there a couple more times this week but I'll be popping back between pickups.

I can see the sense in waiting to string up Craster, but not at the expense of a no lynch. If Joans is legit (not a mafia investigator) and we don't have a friendly protect role over night, there's a chance he wont be around tomorrow. Unless we can reach a consensus I'm sticking with my original stance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:36 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I'm suspicious of everyone at the moment, as should you be unless you KNOW they are a townie. I don't see how anyone can be a confirmed townie, not for more that one day anyway.

I've already agreed that it's doubtful that you did.

At least you are admitting to being carney now, so it's just what to do about it really.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:43 
ugvm'er at heart...

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I'm not saying you have lied about anything, being sent a vision doesn't make you a pure townie though does it? To be honest it's the locked in twice thing that's a bit strange.

Well, saying that the locked in thing is strange, seems like saying i'm lieing about that?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:56 

Mr Russell wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

[vote:trooper] for reasons provided as such, but i may change my mind as I've not been about much. I'll have to re-read the bulletin board in the square, but it's a lot of effort to walk over there.

This makes no sense to me. If Trooper is a carney, then that's great, but what if he isn't? I've given you solid information on a plate and most of you are ignoring it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:57 
Best
Board Mother

Joans wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

This makes no sense to me. If Trooper is a carney, then that's great, but what if he isn't? I've given you solid information on a plate and most of you are ignoring it.

Are you sure you haven't turned into Russ? :?: :?:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next