Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Three
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:11 
Isn't that lovely?

Slightly Green wrote:
just had a skim read through and lots has happened [vote:unvote] for now as i re-read the lot of it and work it out.

But Trooper calling for a match up of him vs Malc...i don't know what to make of it, if Malc is a Romulan/Borg then we have a good blow, but what if it is the reverse and Trooper is, if he is the Borg then they could then have 4 borg votes tomorrow, would that be enough people defending Troopers position to swing it, would they make a push this soon in the game?

Just my initial impressions from skimreading it all though, so i may have gotten the wrong end of the stick? Anyone else with more time fancy telling me how i am wrong? ;)

If he is a borg, and the borg recruited 3 nights in a row successfully, then that will be 4 borg (as you've said), up to 4 people could die tonight (Romulan kill/whorf kills an innocent so kills himself too/redshirt). Plus the person being spaced.

Leaves 4 borg and 6 others with 10 people in total, I guess that's exceedingly unlikely (Whorf aint going killing unless he is 100% sure).

so most likely 4 borg from 12 in total, having 1/3rd not voting for you means, you only need 2 people to belive you or vote for someone else.

Also, starting a post with:
Quote:
Ok then, lets make this interesting.
and then on the next line saying:
Quote:
I am a civilian.
is a bit :belm:

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:13 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
I am a civilian.

Why roleclaim this? It makes you an easy target for the Borg. Unless you want to be recruited, which goes against your win condition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I am a civilian.

Why roleclaim this? It makes you an easy target for the Borg. Unless you want to be recruited, which goes against your win condition.

Nonsense. With Q out of the game, I think every single person can be recruited by the Borg. Given that they would be more likely to want to recruit power roles, roleclaiming as civilian actually makes you least likely to be a recruit target.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:18 
Maybe he's already been recruited? But asking to basically be put up for the vote seems a :belm: thing to do. I really don't know what's going on now!

Isn't that lovely?

Craster wrote:
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I am a civilian.

Nonsense. With Q out of the game, I think every single person can be recruited by the Borg. Given that they would be more likely to want to recruit power roles, roleclaiming as civilian actually makes you least likely to be a recruit target.

If you were to ask everyone in here now what role they were, all of them are going to say civillian though aren't they?

If they're not a civillian, and they say their true role, then they are either a target for the baddies (if good) or going to get lynched (if bad), so it's the most meaningless statement you can make!

Malc

Malc wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
just had a skim read through and lots has happened [vote:unvote] for now as i re-read the lot of it and work it out.

But Trooper calling for a match up of him vs Malc...i don't know what to make of it, if Malc is a Romulan/Borg then we have a good blow, but what if it is the reverse and Trooper is, if he is the Borg then they could then have 4 borg votes tomorrow, would that be enough people defending Troopers position to swing it, would they make a push this soon in the game?

Just my initial impressions from skimreading it all though, so i may have gotten the wrong end of the stick? Anyone else with more time fancy telling me how i am wrong? ;)

If he is a borg, and the borg recruited 3 nights in a row successfully, then that will be 4 borg (as you've said), up to 4 people could die tonight (Romulan kill/whorf kills an innocent so kills himself too/redshirt). Plus the person being spaced.

Leaves 4 borg and 6 others with 10 people in total, I guess that's exceedingly unlikely (Whorf aint going killing unless he is 100% sure).

so most likely 4 borg from 12 in total, having 1/3rd not voting for you means, you only need 2 people to belive you or vote for someone else.

Also, starting a post with:
Quote:
and then on the next line saying:
Quote:
I am a civilian.
is a bit :belm:

Malc

If Worf belms it up again, there won't be a redshirt death as well, so there's a maximum of 3 deaths. Although as you said, it would be unlikely for Worf to get stabby again unless he's sure, so 2 seems a more likely max.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:20 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
If Worf belms it up again, there won't be a redshirt death as well, so there's a maximum of 3 deaths. Although as you said, it would be unlikely for Worf to get stabby again unless he's sure, so 2 seems a more likely max.

Ah yeah, didn't reallise it was an either/or, makes sense really...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:27 
Isn't that lovely?

Trooper wrote:
Vote people, me or Malc.

Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Three
VOTE UPDATE

mr russell: 1 (myp it)
kovacsc: 1 (nickachu)
trooper: 2 (Malc, Bobbyaro)
flis: 3 (Mr Russell, gospvg, NervousPete)
malc: 4 (Trooper, TheVision, DavPaz, Craster)

Not voted: 4 (flis, kovacsc, slightly green, joans)

With 15 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

OK, so you want it to be between me and you, but flis is on more votes than you, perhaps she is the borg queen or romulan boss, someone more vital to you, so you want to make it between me and you, not between me and her..

[vote:flis]

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:29 
ugvm'er at heart...

Malc wrote:
Craster wrote:
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I am a civilian.

If you were to ask everyone in here now what role they were, all of them are going to say civillian though aren't they?

If they're not a civillian, and they say their true role, then they are either a target for the baddies (if good) or going to get lynched (if bad), so it's the most meaningless statement you can make!

Malc

It's the truth, and while it won't give any information right now, it will give information if either you or me go out the airlock.

That's the point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

Malc wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Vote people, me or Malc.

VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 2 (Malc, Bobbyaro)
flis: 3 (Mr Russell, gospvg, NervousPete)

With 15 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

OK, so you want it to be between me and you, but flis is on more votes than you, perhaps she is the borg queen or romulan boss, someone more vital to you, so you want to make it between me and you, not between me and her..

Malc

Or, you don't want to vote me off because you know that doing that will out you...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:34 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
Or, you don't want to vote me off because you know that doing that will out you...

Of course, if you're both well-meaning but ultimately idiotic civilians, it will tell us nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:36 
ugvm'er at heart...

myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Of course, if you're both well-meaning but ultimately idiotic civilians, it will tell us nothing.

Not true, it will show who has been going against 2 proven good people.

Everything is significant.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:38 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:

If we lose another 2+ civilians over the next two days then I suspect we're pretty close to losing the game, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:39 

Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:

How does knowing who was going against 2 proven good people, before they were proven good, help in the slightest?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

Joans wrote:
Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:

How does knowing who was going against 2 proven good people, before they were proven good, help in the slightest?

Becuase the bad guys would have been going for people that weren't in their known group, maybe... :belm:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:43 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
Becuase the bad guys would have been going for people that weren't in their known group, maybe... :belm:

You don't know that for sure. There's a lot of obfuscation that goes on in this game - you're only working on 'best guesses' at the best of times. Nothing is certain. You are talking as if whoever votes for you and Malc is bad if you turn out to be civilians - this is disingenuous at best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:44 

Trooper wrote:
Joans wrote:
Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:

So basically, if we off you and Malc and you're both good, then it's possible that some of the people that voted for you are bad guys? No shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:49 
Isn't that lovely?

Trooper wrote:
It's the truth, and while it won't give any information right now, it will give information if either you or me go out the airlock.

That's the point.

It might well be the truth, but saying it's the truth is also pointless, as once again, of course you are going to say this, that's why it's a pointless thing to say.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:50 
Unpossible!

Pointless, like a man without an index finger, as they say on Rigel 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:53 
Isn't that lovely?

Ah we've moved on since then...

That's the trouble with answering the phone, I er mean com, during lunch...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:57 
Quote:
However, accepting the more convulted option 2 as a premise, and the fact that she posted twice on day 1 and twice on day 2, each time once at the start and once later on to vote. Then it does seem dodgy behaviour.
Also a vote for Flis will find us out two things, firstly who she is, but it will also give us a bit more info on DavPaz. Flis voted for him on day 1, which means it is unlikely they are on the same side.

from trooper.

Wouldn't voting for flis give us more info on davpaz and flis rather than info on either trooper or on malc?

Im unsure. Trooper... what have you got to say on this? you'd prefer we vote off you or malc rather than flis?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:07 
Unpossible!

I'm up for more info on DavPaz.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

nickachu wrote:
Quote:
However, accepting the more convulted option 2 as a premise, and the fact that she posted twice on day 1 and twice on day 2, each time once at the start and once later on to vote. Then it does seem dodgy behaviour.
Also a vote for Flis will find us out two things, firstly who she is, but it will also give us a bit more info on DavPaz. Flis voted for him on day 1, which means it is unlikely they are on the same side.

from trooper.

Wouldn't voting for flis give us more info on davpaz and flis rather than info on either trooper or on malc?

Im unsure. Trooper... what have you got to say on this? you'd prefer we vote off you or malc rather than flis?

Well, obviously i'd prefer to stay in the game, and I do think flis could well be dodgy.

However, what I have done today is put forward a theory, made conversation happen, accused people and got their reactions to those accusations and all the reactions to the theory. This is all good evidence that can be used in the future. We (the good guys) can only win this game by getting conversations to happen and then looking at those conversations as people's roles and affiliations come to light. If it means I need to die for that evidence to come out and be believed, then so be it, but voting for Malc will show the same evidence out, so obviously I believe that is the better option to take!

While Flis is probably a good person to go for tomorrow, if nobody acts on the conversations that I have provoked today, then effectively it has been a waste of time and when my theory is either proved or disproved, then it will most likely be too late.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:18 
Unpossible!

Oh, ok, you narky sod.

[vote:trooper]

ha, just kidding

[vote:malc]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:19 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
Oh, ok, you narky sod.

[vote:trooper]

ha, just kidding

[vote:malc]

so why me then? Just cos of what trooper said? my reaction to what trooper said, or something else?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:20 
Unpossible!

because I voted for you AGES ago and wanted to stick with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:21 
VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 1 (Bobbyaro)
flis: 4 (Malc, Mr Russell, gospvg, NervousPete)

Hmmm.... ok we're 4 and 4 for malc and flis. I just have a suspision on flis, I'd quite like to keep trooper in the game as he is at least provoking conversation to get info out there. I'll change my vote back to [vote:flis] as I still think she could be the queen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:23 
Unpossible!

Once again, in the interests of psychopathy moving the game along...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:24 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I'm still inclined to go with what Trooper says. He's made some very good points so far so I think we should Lynch Malc tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:29 
Unpossible!

TheVision wrote:
I'm still inclined to go with what Trooper says. He's made some very good points so far so I think we should Lynch Malc tonight.

But Flis is a GURL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:31 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

But Flis is a GURL

You are clearly a gay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:32 
Unpossible!

Girls scare me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:33 
flis wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

But Flis is a GURL

You are clearly a gay.

So he's data then? I always had a suspision of him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:44 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Actually... I've just read back and I'm now changing my vote. [Vote:Flies]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:45 
Isn't that lovely?

too many vowels...

Unless it's a deliberate ploy?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:45 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

[Vote:Flis] Bloomin phone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:46 
Unpossible!

TheVision wrote:

Do you want to try that again, or are you Pteronarcophobic?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:52 
UltraMod

DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Do you want to try that again, or are you Pteronarcophobic?

Hands off my dinosaur drugs!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:52 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm down with this semi-random violent outbursts thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 14:54 
VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 1 (Bobbyaro)
malc: 1 (Trooper)
flis: 8 (Malc, Mr Russell, gospvg, DavPaz, nickachu, Craster, NervousPete, TheVision)

mods?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 15:12 
Sleepyhead

Without the captain on board, the crew are restless, and dagnabbit, they want blood!

Flis is seized, and thrown into the airlock. They only hear her plaintive cries until the outer door opens, and she is consigned to oblivion.

Checking her quarters, the crew find nothing out of the ordinary.

Flis was a Civilian.

Night actions by Monday 10am, please, though again, if you feel like sending them earlier it is appreciated.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3