Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

gospvg wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
hmmm Zaphod is making some solid points, which are making me doubt my illogical trust of Mr Dom, now my hangover is feeling better i think i will change my [vote:hero of excellence] as we do need people at least show willing.

Your vote quote from yesterday

"Although i am agreeing that it is a good idea to vote off a quiet adventurer i am reluctant to vote for hero of excellence at the moment as it is his 1st game, so i will [vote:Kalmar] for now but since no actual evidence is around i will happily change my vote at a later time to make sure we do stick with our convictions and get a day one for for a change. "

Yet only a day later you are happy to vote for HoE?

I am also suspicious of Zaphod for the reasons Mr Dom has already posted, I think he was breathing a sigh of relief when the focus shifted off him towards the 'Quiet Ones'

[vote:Slightly Green]

I thought it was extremely harsh to vote off HoE on day one of his first ever game, i remember back on my 1st game i was given the same courtesy but then went on day 3 i believe (no time to check now), but going on to day two and still no word is very odd. If the majority of people are wishing to leave HoE alone and hope for a mod kill if he continues to not participate then i will follow the crowd, i am happy with Troopers assessment of the situation below, so i will [vote:Mr Dom] for now as i have a vague feeling of unease from him as i have stated above.

Now apologies for being unavailable for most of the day today but i am off to the holodeck to do the building referb program that i have been recommend, i will try to check in when i can to keep up to date with the goings on.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Trooper wrote:
Hold on, lets not be too hasty. There are only a few options here.

1) HoE is purposefully saying nothing and is a good guy
2) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and is a good guy.
3) HoE is purposefully saying nothing and is a bad guy
4) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and is a bad guy.

One extra scenario to add to the list is

5) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and was recruited by the bad guys (Borg).

I'll admit thats a longshot - but its one we should consider as the days progress - because if we ignore him now the borg could see him as a safe backup recruit grab him and at the end the other groups will be killing each other off but no-one would target the 'silent' player.

I'll also add that Gospvg should be considered just as risky a player as everyone else , although he arrived late in his shuttle I would not automatically assume he's a 'fodder' role although he wont be the Borg queen / Q / Riker / Romulan leader he could be any other role.

I said yesterday if he has outside pressures then I didnt want to vote for him but i'm still suspicious of Mr Dom - although would a baddie try and push things as much at the start ? - I dont see what great advantage it would give them - they will still be trying to blend in with everyone else so i'm going to go for [vote:Slightly Green] for going along with the HoE vote (and backing up Mr Dom)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Computer, take notes, please.

1) I think voting for HoE is silly, for he shall surely be declared MIA if he isn't seen for so long.
2) Mr Dom and SG seem a bit suss, both have made comments which are at odds with statements they have previously made - however, that is often the outcome when people are put into these pressure situations.
3) I accussed EBG yesterday. 2 things of note:
a) he didn't respond directly.
b) other people came along and responded for him.

Now I wasn't always a civilian, for my sins I must confess to being a Mighty Space Pirate (retired). In my never ending search for gold pressed latinum, I had occasion to board a ship in a similar manner to these no good Romulans. When similarly accused I behaved in a similar manner as above, I let my lieutenants come in and speak for me, to deflect through subtle misdirection, and I didn't respond directly.

So, I stick by my vote for now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:32 
UltraMod

Mr Russell wrote:
[vote:myp it] instead, because he's also a massive tool.

It's sad that you have to vote back at me just because I've figured out you're a baddie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 
Isn't that lovely?

I think bobby and EBG are on the same team.

I think that post is a clever ruse!

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:36 
Unpossible!

myp it wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

It's sad that you have to vote back at me just because I've figured out you're a baddie.

Is there method in this madness?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 
UltraMod

DavPaz wrote:
myp it wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Is there method in this madness?

I just take notes of how certain characters acted in previous episodes. The fact he hasn't refuted any of my claims and basically ignored the fact I've voted for him two days in a row confirms this for me.

Also he played a AIDS-ridden transvestite alien prostitute in the Star Trek TNG/Babylon 5 crossover mini-series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I am sticking with my vote. Hoe has had 4 earth days to type one sentence.

we always say to get rid of the quiet ones.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:
Hmmmm... NervousPete, your first time playing you say? And you are happy to "follow the crowd"? hmmmm.. I think you could be in cahoots and have been put up to that vote.

Encouraging HOE to be lynched would be an easy kill from a Romulan point of view leaving your night actions free to bump someone else off.

You've got my FOS pointing right at you!

This game is INDEED awesome. When merely to suspect is to be suspected. Now I frown suspiciously right back at you - because you clearly want to cast suspicion ELSEWHERE, at ME. Or something.

This is actually my first game, I think there might have been one other time many moons ago right at the start of Mafiascum, but I didn't last long. Do you still get to read the MafiaScum forum if you get killed off?

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 
Isn't that lovely?

NervousPete wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Hmmmm... NervousPete, your first time playing you say? And you are happy to "follow the crowd"? hmmmm.. I think you could be in cahoots and have been put up to that vote.

Encouraging HOE to be lynched would be an easy kill from a Romulan point of view leaving your night actions free to bump someone else off.

You've got my FOS pointing right at you!

This game is INDEED awesome. When merely to suspect is to be suspected. Now I frown suspiciously right back at you - because you clearly want to cast suspicion ELSEWHERE, at ME. Or something.

This is actually my first game, I think there might have been one other time many moons ago right at the start of Mafiascum, but I didn't last long. Do you still get to read the MafiaScum forum if you get killed off?

Yes you do, you also get to see the "Dead Thread" were ghosts go to talk about the fools left in the game...

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 
What's this bit for exactly?

NervousPete wrote:
Do you still get to read the MafiaScum forum if you get killed off?

Not in this game. Once you get voted off, someone will come round & pluck your eyes out. Sorry.

(yes, you can really)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 
Legendary Boogeyman

zaphod79 wrote:
5) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and was recruited by the bad guys (Borg).

Great point - were I the borg queen that's certainly something I'd do. He could also be a Romulan Goon who doesn't need input for his team to do their night action.

In either case, too quiet, and still needs to go. Happy to change vote though if Curio can confirm continued inactivity will result in a modkill.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 
Sleepyhead

I shall neither confirm nor deny any modkilling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I shall neither confirm nor deny any modkilling.

Which is pretty much as expected - I do think HoE should go , but i think troopers reasons are sound and as such I dont think we should get rid of him 'today' (and there is always the chance he will be modkilled).

As such I think we need another target for today - and we're down to less than 7 hours.

Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 1 (Mr Dom)
myp it: 1 (Mr Russell)
elephantbanjognome: 1 (Bobbyaro)
malc: 1 (Trooper)
mr russell: 1 (myp it)
nickachu: 1 (Joans)
slightly green: 2 (gospvg, zaphod79)
hero of excellence: 3 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome, NervousPete)

Not voted: 9 (davpaz, flis, nickachu, slightly green, malc, hero of excellence, thevision, mrdom, craster)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 
Sleepyhead

ACTUAL COUNTER SCORES AGFTER I FIXED A TYPO IN THE PLAYERLIST

VOTE UPDATE

malc: 1 (Trooper)
nickachu: 1 (Joans)
slightly green: 2 (gospvg, zaphod79)
mr dom: 3 (nickachu, Slightly Green, Malc)
hero of excellence: 3 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome, NervousPete)

Not voted: 5 (davpaz, flis, hero of excellence, thevision, craster)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 
My vote wasn't counted? [Vote:Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 
Ah ok. It was counted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 
And looking at it at this rate with the voting so spread out I doubt we'll get agreement on who to throw out the airlock.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 
Unpossible!

Well the, let's decide. The two with most votes are Mr Dom and HOE. We all know why HOE is targeted and I am willing to vote for him if there's a consensus.

If anyone has a 'joke' vote logged, could you maybe knock it off to clear up the voting? We need order!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:18 

I'd be willing to vote for either of the current front runners, but I think that HoE's continued absence makes it less likely that he has a role. As has already been pointed out though, the longer we leave him alive, the more likely he is to get recruited by the borg.
In fact, I've convinced myself [vote:hero of excellence]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:18 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:
Well the, let's decide. The two with most votes are Mr Dom and HOE. We all know why HOE is targeted and I am willing to vote for him if there's a consensus.

If anyone has a 'joke' vote logged, could you maybe knock it off to clear up the voting? We need order!

I agree, we have two front runners at the moment and we have to do something today. [vote:Mr Dom] for reasons already mentioned about not voting for HoE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 

Looks like we have our candidates, and I'm not going to be voting for myself, so: [vote:hero of excellence]

I myself am just a lowly civilian scientist, out here to study spatial anomolies, tho I have attempted to spot behavioural anomolies too. I suspect that it will get me killed for trying to help, but such is the way of research.

Post subject: Re: Re: Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 
Excellent Member

I will [vote:hero of excellence] because I think he is of no value to the game at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 
Unpossible!

flis wrote:
I will [vote:hero of excellence] because I think he is of no value to the game at this point.

I have to say, I agree. And once he's been spaced, we can talk about something else

[vote:hero of excellence]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 
8-Bit Champion

DavPaz wrote:
flis wrote:

I have to say, I agree. And once he's been spaced, we can talk about something else

[vote:hero of excellence]

The flaw with this is once he's been spaced the romulans will kill someone else , the borg will assimilate another , and Q will have some fun which could be *another* 3 people down.

As such [vote:Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm getting a funny feeling about Zaphod this game. As if instead of being his usual helpful analytical self, he's deliberately being his usual helpful analytical self.

If that makes any sense at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:16 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Craster wrote:
I'm getting a funny feeling about Zaphod this game. As if instead of being his usual helpful analytical self, he's deliberately being his usual helpful analytical self.

This does make sense to me yes... I too am loathe to get rid of HoE just yet because it's an extra kill for the baddies.

As someone said above... sorry, posting in a hurry! I've got the holodeck booked at 11:15!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 

I too am getting that feeling, Craster. I said as much abot his very first post. However, I can't fault the logic of his previous post, voting for HoE seems silly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:21 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm suspicious of anyone that thinks going for a person pretty much at random is better than getting rid of someone who might be a dormant baddie, or a dormant recruited borg, and is otherwise pretty useless to the game due to a lack of voting power for the crew. I'd like to see HoE tidied away and then focus on results from the second night.

Of course, if he does turn out to be assimulated or romulan, that'll be delightfully indicative of the people reluctant to vote for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:31 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:

It does , and the reason being the last game was a complete waste of time - and i'm determined that this game wont go the same way (*)

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
I'm suspicious of anyone that thinks going for a person pretty much at random

I'd argue that Mr Dom is not 'at random' as just picking a name out of the hat - he posted but didnt really contribute yesterday , then made some unusual posts last night - I'm still with you that HOE needs to go however from what I can see the benefits for the 'town' on getting rid of him today are less than getting rid of someone else.

(*) at least as long as i'm around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:37 

Bobbyaro wrote:
I too am getting that feeling, Craster. I said as much abot his very first post. However, I can't fault the logic of his previous post, voting for HoE seems silly.

:this:
However, by putting my reasons down I appear to be up for the chop for it. I suspect the first few votes against me are zaphods team-mates putting the boot in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 

zaphod79 wrote:
.. he posted but didnt really contribute yesterday

& what exactly was I to contribute on day 1? It was day 1!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 

KovacsC wrote:
I am sticking with my vote. Hoe has had 4 earth days to type one sentence.

we always say to get rid of the quiet ones.

True but I think it is worth applying pressure on another player so we can gleam some information

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 

& having had a think & a quick synthi-cig, I also realised that Zaphod was pushing for people to examine those who hadn't said much. However, the one thing we do know is Alarm was the captain, and he was very quiet. I don't think any member of the bridge crew would have pointed people at the quiet ones if one of their members was being quiet.

[vote: zaphod79]
He's a wrong'un and no mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:52 
Looking at the computer

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BOOP

VOTE UPDATE

slightly green: 1 (gospvg)
mr dom: 5 (nickachu, Trooper, Slightly Green, Malc, zaphod79)
hero of excellence: 6 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome, Joans, NervousPete, flis, DavPaz)

Not voted: 3 (hero of excellence, thevision, craster)

We're still pretty even.

How long have we got until the episode cliffhanger?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 

I'm not keen on the vote for HoE because I don't feel he has any role of importance but with the vote for Mr Dom on 5, I am happy to apply pressure so

[vote:Mr Dom]

@SG you are still on my notepad & I will revisit your actions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm suspicious of anyone that thinks going for a person pretty much at random is better than getting rid of someone who might be a dormant baddie, or a dormant recruited borg, and is otherwise pretty useless to the game due to a lack of voting power for the crew. I'd like to see HoE tidied away and then focus on results from the second night.

Of course, if he does turn out to be assimulated or romulan, that'll be delightfully indicative of the people reluctant to vote for him.

I'd be interested for you to point out the flaws in my reasoning on not getting rid of HoE this time round. I assume you have noticed some flaws, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this? Tell me and change my mind :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:07 

Mr Dom raises a good point actually, Alarm was very quiet, the bridge crew are hardly likely to be shouting that about are they? So as he says, it seems unlikely that the bridge crew were (yesterday) pushing for a lynch the quiet ones. hmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:10 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
I'd be interested for you to point out the flaws in my reasoning on not getting rid of HoE this time round. I assume you have noticed some flaws, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this? Tell me and change my mind :)

I can't be arsed to try to tackle whatever yours points were, but my reasoning stands. Quiet people = useless. Quiet people = susceptable to recruitment/dormant baddies, and at the very least is a useless asset for the crew.

In lieu of any hint of a modkill, or a credible argument for someone else (allegedly 'odd' posts of others not counting), getting rid of him is a pretty solid move, imo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bobbyaro wrote:
Mr Dom raises a good point actually, Alarm was very quiet, the bridge crew are hardly likely to be shouting that about are they? So as he says, it seems unlikely that the bridge crew were (yesterday) pushing for a lynch the quiet ones. hmmm.

It is an extremely good point. I have no idea who I should vote for on the back of it though! but for now [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:13 
ugvm'er at heart...

Trooper wrote:

I can't be arsed to try to tackle whatever yours points were

Interesting and effective retort.

[vote:ElephantBanjoGnome]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

Ah yes, highly logical vote. Y'know, if HoE does turn out to be bad I'm going to have no trouble thinking of someone to vote for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

Ah yes, highly logical vote. Y'know, if HoE does turn out to be bad I'm going to have no trouble thinking of someone to vote for tomorrow.

I'd argue that someone who isn't willing to even try and respond to discussion is more useless to us than even a silent person...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:19 
UltraMod

Ah, the old 'get two Romulans to argue in public' ploy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:21 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:

I'd argue that someone who isn't willing to even try and respond to discussion is more useless to us than even a silent person...

This thread is 5 pages which is a lot to check, and I'm willing to bet whatever you said was STUPID anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:23 
ugvm'er at heart...

Trooper wrote:

This thread is 5 pages which is a lot to check, and I'm willing to bet whatever you said was STUPID anyway.

Seriously? This is your argument?

I have no words! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

myp it wrote:

Ah, the old 'comment to look like you are taking an interest, but don't actually take part or choose a side' ploy ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:29 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
.. he posted but didnt really contribute yesterday

& what exactly was I to contribute on day 1? It was day 1!

TALK !!! - say something - do something - ask about the weather - I dont care but participate in the game.

Mr Dom wrote:
& having had a think & a quick synthi-cig, I also realised that Zaphod was pushing for people to examine those who hadn't said much. However, the one thing we do know is Alarm was the captain, and he was very quiet. I don't think any member of the bridge crew would have pointed people at the quiet ones if one of their members was being quiet.

[vote: zaphod79]
He's a wrong'un and no mistake.

I've never said i'm one of the bridge crew - and i'll agree with your logic that the bridge crew would not push for the silent ones if they were being silent but they should not be !
They need to get involved with the game , and alarm posting twice yesterday was not getting involved - from previous games i'm sure he would have changed that today but for a goodie hiding in the background should also not be an option - get involved in the game !

Mr Dom wrote:
However, by putting my reasons down I appear to be up for the chop for it. I suspect the first few votes against me are zaphods team-mates putting the boot in.

When - in all the previous games , have we had a mafia push where they all get together and block vote for for someone on day 2 ?

Your currently on 5 votes thats only 1/2 way there - and the clock is ticking - if you are a goodie then talk to us - tell is something - the "oh only the baddies would go after me" really doesnt help anyone and actually (to me at least) makes you look more suspect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:29 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:

Ah, the old 'comment to look like you are taking an interest, but don't actually take part or choose a side' ploy ;)

I chose a side on day 1. I am the anti-Mr Russell side. I keep telling everyone he's bad, but he has yet to refute these claims or even address them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:32 
myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:

I chose a side on day 1. I am the anti-Mr Russell side. I keep telling everyone he's bad, but he has yet to refute these claims or even address them.

Not sticking up for him or anything, but why Mr Russ? Just what has gone on in previous (games?) or is there a comment or something that makes him stick out?

Im sticking with Mr Dom for now, but would be willing to change it to another Mr if evidence turns up!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next