Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Day II - "We can't possibly do that, Mr Flibble....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It's been a bloody night in Excellent End. The villagers notice bloody footprints leading away from Craig's house, and quickly move to investigate.

The villagers enter Craig's abode, and Craig is found hanging naked from the roof beams inside his house, his back to the door. Craig is hanging by a rope from his neck, and his hands are tied behind his back. Or so it seems. Upon switching the lights on and illuminating the scene, it's apparent that Craig's hands have, in fact, had all of the bones removed from them and the resulting loose skin hanging from the stumps of each wrist has been tied together as a rather permanent alternative to handcuffs.

The stirring air from the open door turns Craig around on his rope. The first thing the villagers notice when he's been turned to face them is that there is no skin on his face. The second thing they notice is that what was formerly his face has been stapled over his groin, covering his modesty. Or rather, as the villagers discover when they cut Craig's body down, what would be his modesty, if his meat and two veg hadn't been roughly torn off and stuffed a long way down the back of his throat.

Amongst Craig's belongings are found a bottle of bitter recriminations, boxes of righteous anger, a jar of vengeance, and a gun. Craig was the Vigilante.

The villagers quickly spot that The Rev Owen is not with them. He is quickly found a number of streets away, lying face down. Rolling him over, his face has been mostly caved in by a heavy calibre pistol round at close range. It looks like he was trying to pull his own silver clad revolver when he died - The Rev Owen was a Mafia Goon.

The last of the missing people is Mr Dave. The villagers run to his house, and fan out to search the ground floor. There is no sign of him, so they move upstairs, and they find him in his office leant over his desk. There is a neat bullet hole in the back of his head, and what appears to be the tail of a mackerel poking out of his mouth. Surrounding him are piles of post-it notes, lists, and photos. A worryingly thorough and organised person, but at the end of the day Mr Dave was just a Townie.

It is Day 2. With 16 alive, 9 votes are required to lynch. Day 2 deadline is 10am Friday.

[playerlist]
vegetables
ComicalGnomes
Sir Taxalot
Dimrill
Pundabaya
Sheepeh
nervouspete
Dudley
Joans
Grim...
JBR
Gazchap
Mr Chris
Rodafowa
LaceSensor
richardgaywood
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Day II - "We can't possibly do that, Mr Flibble....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bluecup's house is searched, and lying in the middle of his lounge table is a large tome, entitled "How To Win Friends and Influence People".

It is still sealed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

Holy shit I'm still alive!

It can't last....

That's an excellent shock though, the SK appears to have pwned craig, and Owen was a mafia goon... who knew? Not me, honest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:47 

Well, we're one Mafia down, so that's good. Losing the Vigilante might not be a bad thing as he'd have just as much chance of killing a townie as a mafia.
Presumably the cult now numbers 2, unless the leader recruited someone that's been killed, or one of the players he can't recruit.
2 ordinary townies down means there can't be many of those left.

And CG, you're probably in trouble. bluecup not being mafia and you not getting killed by the mafia is going to make a lot of people think that you're mafia, but I think from last time, the mafia wouldn't have killed you anyway, because they can rely on us to lynch you now.
In conclusion Comical is either Mafia or not Mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:52 
Legendary Boogeyman

Obviously I'd rather not die, but given yesterday it does seem a bit open-shut today. oh well...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:02 

And the Mafia seem to be doing their job the same way we did last time, assuming Mr Dave was the mafia kill, they picked off someone with virtually no voting history. He did however write a very in-depth analysis on page 12 of the last thread, so maybe that got some people worried. Assuming he really does hate sprouts, then he was 100% accurate about himself, who else did he get a bit to close to in that post...?

I've just remembered the mad scientist. Obviously he didn't kill anyone or himself, and nobody has come back to life, so that leaves one of the other options. If he roleblocked or protected someone, then we don't know about it, so that doesn't help us (he might have roleblocked the cult leader, or protected someone that didn't need protecting), but if he switched targets (and it was a relevant target), then we're totally screwed as one of the above might not have been meant to die.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:13 

Well, that's a turn up for the books. Assuming that the Vigilante couldn't kill because he died before he could, that means that one of those deaths is unaccounted for. Could it be that the Scientist's mad scientist gizmo kills people by turning their body inside and out, like what happened to Craig? :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:14 

Looks like I'm the only one here, it did just occur to me that the mafia might have roleblocked the mad scientist, if it was Grim.... I can't be bothered to work out the odds, but if they'd let him use his magic device there was a chance that he could have killed a mafia goon. Anyway, that's the end of my night phase analysis, I probably won't be around until mid-afternoon tomorrow, so try not to lynch any innocents (including me) while I'm gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:17 

I assume that the serial killer got Craig, Craig got Rev Owen and the Mafia got Mr Dave, but Rev Owen could have been killed by the scientist and Craig was roleblocked? I'm assuming it's more likely that Craig took out Rev Owen and the scientist's box did something that we don't know about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:17 

I think all the kills succeed, regardless. So Craig killed Owen as the vigilante, the serial killer got Craig, and any one of the Mafia got Mr Dave. Craster can you confirm this is a valid intepretation, if not necessarily correct? Also I think if the scientist got someone killed, then it'd be more.. sciency somehow. So either Grim... is lying or he ended up on a setting like switcheroo or do nothing.

Joans wrote:
And the Mafia seem to be doing their job the same way we did last time, assuming Mr Dave was the mafia kill, they picked off someone with virtually no voting history. He did however write a very in-depth analysis on page 12 of the last thread, so maybe that got some people worried.
Good point, I'm gonna go read that now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

richardgaywood wrote:
I think all the kills succeed, regardless. So Craig killed Owen as the vigilante, the serial killer got Craig, and any one of the Mafia got Mr Dave. Craster can you confirm this is a valid intepretation, if not necessarily correct?

This is perfectly feasible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:34 
Rude Belittler

Quote:
wegetables
-Suspects Lace sensor (page 10). I can't help but feel he's onto something.
-Wants to 'FOS' Comical. I have no idea what 'FOS' is, but it both scares and disturbs me.

Bluecup- Lynched (townie)
-Why are he and Mr Comical going at it hammer and tongs? Sounds like a marriage bust up to me.

ComicalGnomes
- Forgot about the roleblocker, despite finding him (me) useful last game
- Page 3 - Suspects Rodafowa, Bluecup and Lacesensor
- Seems to be actively trying to aggravate people. Certainly behaving a little oddly.
- Ignoring cult.
- "While I am not the escapee (and hand on heart, have not tried to be today, regardless of what anyone thinks), I think it'd be super-cool if I was."
Very similar to his ploy last time. "I'm not a mafia, but it would be great if I was, I could come up with all kinds of interesting ways to kill people"

Sir Taxalot
-Quoted himself on page 3. Clearly loves the sound of his voice. (OR rather tried to edit - look at the difference in the two versions)

Dimrill
- Clearly a complete nutter. Maybe not in the game. Managin to post lots, while simulatanously saying nothing.
- Possibly trying to distract the guard from wiping out a townie. Is this a particulary Dimrillesque ploy?

Mr Dave- Mafia Killed (townie)
- Hates sprouts
- Is a townie.

Dudley
- "There is no role blocker this time." - Information he shouldn't know. There certainly is one in the rules

Joans
- Thinks Comical is insane man (page 5)
- Fairly nonchalant towards the idea of being lynched.

Grim...
- Is the scientist. No reason to claim it, and if he isn't, then you'd expect someone to be pushing more for him to die (Only Craig, so far). - either scientist or inmate, either way don't kill. No reason to be trying to out the scientist.
-Suspects Comical, Dudley, Bluecup... Page 4

Gazchap
- Somewhat spurious (and suspciously the same as other peoples) reason for 'knowing' comical as a mafia.
- But not very mafia-like. Questions asked not in line with being mafia.

Mr Chris
- Is a sheep. Rubbish.

LaceSensor
- Did the same thing as Sir Taxalot. Also loves the sound of his voice. Page 3
- Somehow suspicious

Mr Jollyplank

- "I dunno though, although it's early days to be condeming ComicalGnomes, on the first turn there isn't very much information to go on. As Craster said, the best thing to do is almost pick someone at random. Damn, this is hard!"
- Only once killing someone would give us information about them/others. No point in just killing anyone blindly.

craig - Serial Killed (Vigilante)
- Why is he attacking Grim... - if he is the scientist himself, Grim... isn't mafia. The mafia don't want to out the scientist. Also, if he is the scientist, there's little reason to keep it private, as the scientist is hardly a useful role.

---

Unremarkable people:
The Rev Owen - Vigilantised (Mafia)
Pundabaya
Sheepeh
nervouspete

JBR
Rodafowa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:36 
Rude Belittler

Oops, that's Dave's post, with updates by me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:38 

richardgaywood wrote:
Joans wrote:
And the Mafia seem to be doing their job the same way we did last time, assuming Mr Dave was the mafia kill, they picked off someone with virtually no voting history. He did however write a very in-depth analysis on page 12 of the last thread, so maybe that got some people worried.
Good point, I'm gonna go read that now.

This may be entirely coincidental, a good mafia setup (like the last one) wouldn't have killed Mr Dave if there was anything in there that pointed the finger at the correct mafia people. Of course, we're now into the territory of second guessing people, so maybe they would kill him anyway.

Anyway, let's do some more analysis, because it didn't get Mr Dave killed or anything...

Night Roles:

Mafia - Killed Mr Dave?
Mafia Roleblocker - unknown, could have roleblocked the scientist (especially if it was Grim...) which would explain why we're a kill short
Serial Killer - Killed Craig - unless somebody is taking this a bit too seriously, I think we can assume this was the serial killer kill.
Cult Leader - May or may not have recruited another member. Could have been blocked, tried to recruit someone he couldn't or someone that was killed.
Tracker - May have spied on one of the killers.
Guard - Presumably didn't catch the inmate
Voyeur - May know something if he targeted one of the victims.
Vigilante - Craig, presumably killed Rev Owen, but was also killed himself.
Doctor - May have protected someone from the scientist's machine, but more likely he just protected someone that wasn't targetted.
Scientist - Pressed the button that could have done one of the following:
    Killed someone - Presumably not
    Committed suicide - definitely not
    Swapped his target with a random other - possibly, meaning any of the victims may not have been intended victims
    Protected someone - Possibly
    Blocked someone - Again possibly
    Resurrected a random player - I was thinking for a minute that it was possible that someone else died and the scientist brought them back to life, but we didn't hear about it, but it would have had to have been the scientist that had killed this other person, so this can't have happened.

Definitely going to bed now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:47 

I'm still not voting for com, I still think he's the mental patient. I think Grim's box swapped a kill aimed at com for someone else, probably the one that hit Craig because I really don't think he did anything to warrant a hit.

Which leaves me a little stumped now. The tactic is to look at who was talking to owen yesterday I suppose.... I'll look tomorrow morn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:47 
Rude Belittler

Dave was being all analytical, and was actually putting his thoughts down in an ordered manner. Surely that's reason enough to kill him, if you're Mafia/SK? Of course, you could go down the second/third/fourth guessing route, but I'm not sure where that goes.

A possibility, what if the Doctor's magic box switched the mafia hitman with the Serial Killer? A long shot, but plausible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:50 

Indeed, I think Dave was targeted because he was being too clever and would have discovered useful things doing so. I don't see why Craig was unless someone cares to enlighten.

I think your guess is a little TOO long, but again, possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:50 

The other possibility of course is that all people with kill roles didn't target CG because they assumed someone else would. Which would be very funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:51 
Rude Belittler

I think Craig was hit because the Serial Killer picked him at random.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:53 

Pundabaya wrote:
Dave was being all analytical, and was actually putting his thoughts down in an ordered manner. Surely that's reason enough to kill him, if you're Mafia/SK? Of course, you could go down the second/third/fourth guessing route, but I'm not sure where that goes.
You end up at WIFOM, which is so common in Mafiascum that it has it's own abbreviation! Personally, I just don't know what it means. Anyone...?

Quote:
A possibility, what if the Doctor's magic box switched the mafia hitman with the Serial Killer? A long shot, but plausible.
The magic box really, really complicates the analysis. You basically can't be too sure of anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:53 

Possible, after all at this stage anyone is as good as anyone else for the SK, so long as they don't kill off some many townies that the mafia or cult win on numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 0:28 
Rude Belittler

When it comes down to it, I can't see anything incriminating about what Rev Owen posted. Maybe Craig got lucky. Or I'm being dumb.

This is what I think:

Comical Gnomes: Would be surprised if he was Mafia, despite him sending BlueCup to the gallows. Seems a little too mouthy. Might be the SK, Craig did vote for him at one point.

Dimrill: As much as I hate to admit it, unless he's doing the whole refuge in audacity thing, then I doubt he's the SK/Cult Leader/Mafia. Might be Escaped Loonie. His posting style isn't being helpful though, maybe worth offing him just to get rid of the distraction.

Grim...: Probably the Scientist, might want to refrain from pressing buttons till we're desperate. The magic box messes things up, might kill Grim.. (almost definitely a townie), accidentally kill a townie he's aiming at, or roleblock the Doc. The possible benefits aren't worth the risk at this stage.

Craig: Glad the vigilante is gone, If the cult had gotten him, we'd be in trouble. Just as likely to kill a townie as anyone else, luckily he nailed a goon on his first try.

Joans: Knows his Mafia stuff. Possible goon, posts a lot of 'ah, but the Mafia wouldn't do that'...might be setting a smokescreen.

LaceSensor: Fingered by Mr Dave and Vegetables. One ended up dead. Wonder what will happen to the other?

God knows about anyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 0:44 
Rude Belittler

Oh... I've just had a thought! What if Grim...was recruited by the Cult? He's the only one who the Cult Leader knew for sure (or thereabouts) was recruitable. Its in his interest to get his cult off the ground quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:02 
Skillmeister

*sorts some more fucking dshitty post n shit*
Not Dave! Dave was one of my best customers alweys sending shit and shit. Fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 
PC Gamer

OK, so.

Comical - The same reasons as applied yesterday still apply today. He was still way too eager to tell us he wasn't Mafia, way too defensive when anybody suggested he might be and flip-flopped violently between "I'm resigned to being killed" and saying whatever he seemed to need to say to get off the hook. Plus the whole "Bluecup's definitely Mafia" and "twatmuchers" things. He bought his ticket, I say let him die.

Dudley - The Roleblocker Fiasco. Yes, it could have been a simple misunderstanding or mental slip but Comical aside, that's still more evidence than there is against any bugger else.

Grim... - "I'm the scientist, I'm the scientist, I'm the scientest, watch me press this button, oops, nothing seems to have happened." Anyone that persistant and adamant about what role they've got has to be under a bit of suspicion.

Dimrill - Fuck alone knows, but I'm English so people who are openly different obviously have to be regarded with a degree of justified paranoia.

Lacesensor - As Pundabaya said, one of the only people to accuse him has wound up dead.

In summary, then, you're all bastards but me. But at the mo I don't see any reason to deviate from the tack I was on all of yesterday. [vote:ComicalGnomes]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 
Legendary Boogeyman

Rodafowa wrote:
OK, so.

Comical - The same reasons as applied yesterday still apply today. He was still way too eager to tell us he wasn't Mafia, way too defensive when anybody suggested he might be and flip-flopped violently between "I'm resigned to being killed" and saying whatever he seemed to need to say to get off the hook. Plus the whole "Bluecup's definitely Mafia" and "twatmuchers" things. He bought his ticket, I say let him die.

Morning twatmuncher :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 
Excellent Member

[Vote:ComicalGnomes]

for the reason he either lied or was just overly confident yesterday, both of which lead to an innocent death. Justice should be served. I dont care if he IS actually a townie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:09 
Legendary Boogeyman

LaceSensor wrote:
I dont care if he IS actually a townie.

Now you're getting it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I pressed the button, but I don't get any report of what happened.
I did, however, choose who to aim it at, and I chose Dimrill (for no real reason). So if he has been roleblocked, swapped or whatever, it was him that took it.
From this, we can assume that it didn't kill anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 

[Vote:ComicalGnomes]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:49 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

LaceSensor wrote:
for the reason he either lied or was just overly confident yesterday, both of which lead to an innocent death. Justice should be served. I dont care if he IS actually a townie.

Maybe you should have thought about that before you voted for Bluecup?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:01 

Grim... wrote:
I pressed the button, but I don't get any report of what happened.
I did, however, choose who to aim it at, and I chose Dimrill (for no real reason). So if he has been roleblocked, swapped or whatever, it was him that took it.
From this, we can assume that it didn't kill anyone.

OK then, working theory.

Dim's the guard, he fingered (ooh er) Comical last night and you roleblocked him, you dastardly rogue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Dudley wrote:
OK then, working theory.

Dim's the guard, he fingered (ooh er) Comical last night and you roleblocked him, you dastardly rogue.

I was just about to post something similar. His first post today is shouting 'inmate' at me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 
PC Gamer

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Rodafowa wrote:
OK, so.

Morning twatmuncher :)

:D

Nothing personal, man. But you gots to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:09 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Maybe you should have thought about that before you voted for Bluecup?

The vote was sawying for either of the two, and I gave decent reason for my personal choice yesterday, which was :

1 - it will be a stalemate, and no lynch will occur. on the first day someone needed to die!

2 - id wanted to keep CG alive to see what he was up to, and if he got martyred on the first day it would have be annoying.

so I went with the other majority which was bluecup.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 
PC Gamer

Dudley wrote:
OK then, working theory.

Blimey, that's assuming a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:13 

I don't think it's assuming too much, Com I've been saying is the prisoner since virtually the start, we know (or choose to believe) Grim... being the scientist and pointing his scientist todger at Dim and we have no observed actions.

The assumption is that Dim is the guard but if I were the guard and needed to find one prisoner in the village, I'd take some kind of job where I'd get to meet everyone in the village and talk to them a lot.... i.e- village postie.

Plus he left my badger repellent behind the bins. Bastard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 
Skillmeister

Yeah, but the badgers are attacking your bins, I was being all helpful.
*gently licks and moistens some flaps*

on an envelope.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Interestingly, I've just had this from Craster:

Craster wrote:
Subject: Day II - "We can't possibly do that, Mr Flibble....

Grim... wrote:
Dudley wrote:
OK then, working theory.

I was just about to post something similar. His first post today is shouting 'inmate' at me.

I'm thinking the doctor is a bit too random at the moment, so I'm going to tell you the effect of the buttons. Last night you roleblocked Dimrill. Whether you share that or not is, of course, up to you :0)

Hmm...

(I'm assuming he meant 'scientist', not doctor)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm not sure if the best way to stay alive is to try to convince you I'm just a mouthy pleb, or to say nothing at all and hope something more interesting happens during the course of the day. Can't believe I'm still alive though. :DD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

LaceSensor wrote:
1 - it will be a stalemate, and no lynch will occur. on the first day someone needed to die!

I still disagree with that. No-one has to die on the first day - we're going to get plenty of information that night anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 
Skillmeister

You fucker Grim... now I have to sort all this new post during the day. Looks like it'll be a late delivery today people, blame the twat in the stupid shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

By "still", I remember saying it last time (when it was, or course, me). The chances of killing a townie are higher on the first few days, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Dimrill wrote:
stupid shoes.

[vote:Dimrill]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 
Skillmeister

A noice little aside to this, completely out of character like, if Grim... roleblocked me last night and a serial killing still took place.. well, do I need to spell that out?

*strokes a black and white pussy*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

Dimrill wrote:
A noice little aside to this, completely out of character like, if Grim... roleblocked me last night and a serial killing still took place.. well, do I need to spell that out?

*strokes a black and white pussy*

It'd be *just* like you to be the mafia don twice in a row.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

If the Don is roleblocked, can there still be a mafia kill (as he makes the order)?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 
Skillmeister

*scans through address book provided by a Mr C. Raster of Jamaican descent*
I can't find no Don never not nothing in my records, Baron Grim... or should I say... PROFESSOR X!?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 
PC Gamer

Grim... wrote:
Interestingly, I've just had this from Craster:

Craster wrote:
Subject: Day II - "We can't possibly do that, Mr Flibble....

Grim... wrote:
Dudley wrote:
OK then, working theory.

I'm thinking the doctor is a bit too random at the moment, so I'm going to tell you the effect of the buttons. Last night you roleblocked Dimrill. Whether you share that or not is, of course, up to you :0)

Hmm...

(I'm assuming he meant 'scientist', not doctor)

No offence, but I think it's slightly bad form directly quoting a PM from the narrator as opposed to just telling us that Craster had said you'd roleblocked Dimmers. I was still entertaining a faint possibility that you might have been conducting the most audacious bluff in the history of Bluffington-on-the-Wye.

Still, having the knowledge that you can roleblock at will makes you a slightly more attractive target to the Mafia now so I s'pose it all works out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 

Grim... wrote:
If the Don is roleblocked, can there still be a mafia kill (as he makes the order)?
There is no don in this game, though. The goons decide amongst themselves who to hit.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next