Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Game VII Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:58 
UltraMod

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

The town are jolted awake by what sounds like a huge explosion. Goddess Jasmine looks at her clock - it's only 5am! The townsfolk make their way outside in dribs and drabs, all in varying states of dress.

"It's happened at Dudley's place!", shouts Runcle, running up the hill past the gathered throng. As the crowd follow him up the hill, the searing smell of burning metal, oil and flesh greets their delicate early-morning nostrils.

As they rounded the bend up to Dudley's town house, they saw Runcle kneeling by the remains of a car ablaze. Joans gasps "You know that Dudley's an early riser; he must've been on his way to get some milk..."

Spinglo Sponglo! grabbed a fire extinguisher from a nearby house and tackled the blaze. Once it was out, Zardoz checked underneath the car and confirmed the news: "Car bomb. Definitely mafia...", he said, shaking his head.

Squirt walked through the open doorway to Dudley's house (the door had been taken off by the blast) and found a brown hooded robe laid out on the spare bed, and books by L Ron Hubbard filled his shelves.

Dudley was a Recruited Cultist.

Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:03 
UltraMod

As they trudge down from Dudley's house, the remaining townsfolk notice that Bobbyaro is missing. Fearing the worst, they rush over to his house and find the door locked.

Going around to the side window, they see Bobbyaro tied to a chair in his living room with duct-tape over his mouth. He is awake, and starts to struggle when he sees his friends at the window.

Now desperate to help, the townsfolk pick up a rock from Bobbyaro's garden and throw it through the window, smashing glass everywhere.

Bundling in through the window, they don't notice Bobbyaro frantically shaking his head from side to side amongst his struggling.

Suddenly, they hear a beep. Everybody stops dead, and Bobbyaro continues trying to free himself from his crude restraints. Another beep. And another.

Five beeps, each one second apart.

Before the townsfolk can investigate the source of the noise, the beeps stop. They are replaced by a series of rapid "twangs", and Bobbyaro stops struggling.

Investigating the scene, the townsfolk see four crossbows carefully concealed in the room - two on either side. Bobbyaro is now dead, four steel crossbow bolts perforating his skull and blood pouring from the wounds.

Attached to one of the bolts is a piece of paper, now bloodied. Carefully unravelling it, they see the following message written in blood: "Yme aon wn yme zmfqy itre".

A cursory look around was all that was needed to confirm Bobbyaro's identity: kitchen cupboards stuffed with fresh food; an expensive set of knives; and shelves stacked with saucepans, colanders and other kitchen utensils. Bobbyaro was the Townie chef.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:06 
UltraMod

[playerlist]
GazChap
Goddess Jasmine
Joans
kalmar
LaceSensor
Mr Russ
Runcle
Sheepeh
Spinglo Sponglo!
Squirt
Zardoz
[/playerlist]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:07 
UltraMod

It is now Day 4. With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch and 8 votes for there to be no lynch. Day 4 will expire at 10am Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:09 

Morning everyone. I wasn't really going to say anything here, just let you all choose to do what you want to with me.
However, during the night, I had an epiphany, or a vision, if you like.
I dreamt that GazChap was the SK.

[vote:GazChap]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:12 

Utter bollocks. You're just trying to deflect attention away from yourself now that Comical has been shown to be innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:13 

And the loss of a cultist means you're getting desperate. I had a vision too, you see, and saw that your win condition was Cult. [vote:Joans]

Oh, and I'm going out shooting now so don't lynch me or anything while I'm gone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:14 

GazChap wrote:
Utter bollocks. You're just trying to deflect attention away from yourself now that Comical has been shown to be innocent.

That's fair enough, or it would be if it wasn't coming from you. :)
Assuming the seer didn't die last night, he knows that he selected me and you last night, presumably with the intention of finding out my role.
Yes, killing Comical was a mistake, but you'll only compound the towns error by killing me. Let me redeem myself by offering you GazChap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:15 

What do you mean, assuming? It's obvious that the Seer didn't die last night because the deaths were Cult and Townie respectively, you're trying to put up a smokescreen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:15 

GazChap wrote:
And the loss of a cultist means you're getting desperate. I had a vision too, you see, and saw that your win condition was Cult. [vote:Joans]

Oh, and I'm going out shooting now so don't lynch me or anything while I'm gone.

That's the end of the game for the SK then. Once they lynch me and find out you're lying, you'll be gone tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:17 

GazChap wrote:
What do you mean, assuming? It's obvious that the Seer didn't die last night because the deaths were Cult and Townie respectively, you're trying to put up a smokescreen.

Oh yeah, obviously we'd have known if one of those was the seer.
Well in that case, the Seer is alive and well and knows who he chose for a vision.
Thing is, I got in first and if you'd had the vision, I wouldn't have known about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:21 

Joans wrote:
Well in that case, the Seer is alive and well and knows who he chose for a vision.

But the Seer can only pick two names, he doesn't decide who gets the vision about the other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:22 

GazChap wrote:
Joans wrote:

But the Seer can only pick two names, he doesn't decide who gets the vision about the other.

No but he knows which two he picked, and if I didn't get the vision, then it was a bloody lucky guess wasn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:24 
baron of techno

Hah, back to the same scenario as on day 1; what do we do here?

If we lynch him, the cult and the Mafia will advance apace.
If we don't lynch him, he may well kill another townie.

Still, it's the only lead we've got right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:27 
baron of techno

Amusingly, I guess this doesn't rule Joans out from being a bad guy either: neither a cult nor a mafia win condition would prevent him from releasing that information. I'm assuming it's the truth anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:27 

kalmar wrote:
Hah, back to the same scenario as on day 1; what do we do here?

If we lynch him, the cult and the Mafia will advance apace.
If we don't lynch him, he may well kill another townie.

Still, it's the only lead we've got right now.

Yeah, the numbers a little tight now, but lynching someone else might still be an option.
There's 11 of us left, there could still be 3 cultists if they recruited again last night. Still up to 4 mafia and the SK.
There might only be 3 townies left. Oh god, I can't trust anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:29 

kalmar wrote:
Amusingly, I guess this doesn't rule Joans out from being a bad guy either: neither a cult nor a mafia win condition would prevent him from releasing that information. I'm assuming it's the truth anyway.

True it doesn't. There's nothing I can do about that really.
I was quite prepared to come in here and get lynched (not that it would have been a good idea for the town) until I had the vision.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:30 
Time Out for Fun

surely there has been more visions then. what do people know?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:35 
baron of techno

Gazchap, want to cut us a deal for your life?

And I was right: the real SK *did* vote for the fake SK on day 1. I got totally ridiculed by Dudley for suggesting that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:36 

I'd like to point out that I accused Dudley of being in the cult yesterday.
Take that as you will.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:41 
baron of techno

I'd still be up for voting someone quiet today. I almost went for Sheepeh yesterday when CG proposed it - but we'd have been stalled for sure then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:43 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Hush yo mouth. The one day I managed to get a good run at the computer, the game took ages to start.

To be honest I'm not sure who I believe but I think we should go with either Joans or Gazchap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:44 
Time Out for Fun

I really think the seer outing himself can help in todays proceedings, telling who hes giving visions to and trying to figure out who is innocent or not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:45 

Sheepeh wrote:
Hush yo mouth. The one day I managed to get a good run at the computer, the game took ages to start.

To be honest I'm not sure who I believe but I think we should go with either Joans or Gazchap.

You seem to keep popping up whenever your name is mentioned. :)

Well the choice is yours, I originally planned to shut my mouth, but I'd like to redeem myself.
If Gaz is telling the truth and he had a vision about me being in the cult, then that means I guessed correctly that the seer had targetted both me and him. I don't know what the odds of that are, but it must be pretty low.
If Gaz is lying, then I guess it's because he's a sneaky serial killer. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:48 
baron of techno

Runcle wrote:
I really think the seer outing himself can help in todays proceedings, telling who hes giving visions to and trying to figure out who is innocent or not.

if you were Mafia you'd want that to happen so you could kill the (not especially useful) townie role, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:48 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Joans wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:

You seem to keep popping up whenever your name is mentioned. :)

Well the choice is yours, I originally planned to shut my mouth, but I'd like to redeem myself.
If Gaz is telling the truth and he had a vision about me being in the cult, then that means I guessed correctly that the seer had targetted both me and him. I don't know what the odds of that are, but it must be pretty low.
If Gaz is lying, then I guess it's because he's a sneaky serial killer. :p

I did notice I logged on just as I was mentioned this afternoon actually, but that was a coincidence. I've been intently watching since the game started just now to see what would happen between Gaz and Joans, I grant you.

I'm going to plump with Gaz.

[Vote:GazChap]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:50 
Time Out for Fun

kalmar wrote:
Runcle wrote:

if you were Mafia you'd want that to happen so you could kill the (not especially useful) townie role, right?

no I want to know as much information as possible because we'll have to kill the cult leader very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:53 

The thing is the Seer, and the people having the visions are completely different.
So the people that have had the previous visions can reveal them without exposing the seer.
They might not want to though if:

They're dead :)
The person in the vision is dead
The person in the vision is a townie in no danger of a lynch (although they might be in danger when it's too late for the person that had the vision to save them)
The person in the vision has the same win condition as them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:53 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:

Nah, you claimed first, and only one side gets the vision according to the rules. That, to me, makes gazchap's return claim a simple retaliation, therefore only a guess.

Of course, you could be lying in the first place but you've got to believe something around here :D

If Gazchap owns up and offers a deal we could spare him, otherwise I'm sticking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:55 

I could be lying, but Gaz's post reads like an "oops, I'm rumbled" rather than " no I'm not"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:55 
baron of techno

Also: Dudley, shame about your Corsa dude :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:58 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:
The thing is the Seer, and the people having the visions are completely different.
So the people that have had the previous visions can reveal them without exposing the seer.
They might not want to though if:

They're dead :)
The person in the vision is dead
The person in the vision is a townie in no danger of a lynch (although they might be in danger when it's too late for the person that had the vision to save them)
The person in the vision has the same win condition as them.

Or the person in the vision is a townie, but the person with the vision is a bad guy and uses it for their own ends or at least keeps quiet.

True.
Though if the seer does pop up and names names, then presumably a few people are going to have some fast talking to do :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:30 
Time Out for Fun

since nothing has happened for an hour and a half heres come juicy info, I really wanted to hear the seer first but you lot will probably lynch someone by then.

Anyway Im the CCTV man and I put cameras in GJ and Squirt's room, and I watched them last night and lo and behold one of them got turned into the cult last night. But which I do not know because Im an incompetent fool who cant label to cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:40 
Time Out for Fun

oh shit sorry Ive just checked back over the recordings and actually one of the people actually left their house in robes and then met the other to give them a robe and leaflets. So which one guys who we nailing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:44 

Oh, if they're both definitely cult, I think we should take one of them out.
If we're really lucky Gaz will get the other one tonight (not that he has any reason to do us any favours :p ) and the mafia will take out Gaz.

Who do we want then?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:47 
Time Out for Fun

well both of been quiet, and both have been reluctant to vote so Im not sure. should I get my magic coins out?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:49 

I knew there'd been something missing from the game. :)
In fairness, you can probably use an ordinary coin to decide this one. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:49 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Well, we do need to deal with the Cult. So I'm going to take a chance on believing you, Runcle.

Name your target and I shall lend my support.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:54 
Time Out for Fun

Im struggling to choose, Id really like to get the cult leader.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:54 
Excellent Member

likewise

I think Runcles roleclaim needs to be tested. If we lynch either GJ or Squirt and they arent cult, that bodes very badly for Runcle.

We either get:
a confirmation of his CCTV tape, and a dead cult leader (best case)
a confirmation of his CCTV tape, and a dead cultist (still excellent)
a dead townie, and then we do runcle, who is certain to be a bad person

all in all I think the reward outweighs the risk.

not sure who to pick out of GJ or squirt. who do we think has been shiftiest / quietest?
GJ seems to have played her normal game style to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:01 
Time Out for Fun

[Vote:Squirt]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:04 

This is going to be an interesting day/night.

[vote:squirt]

I think, even if we hit the leader, the cult just get a new one, so we still can't stop them getting new recruits, is that right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:05 
Time Out for Fun

Joans wrote:

I think, even if we hit the leader, the cult just get a new one, so we still can't stop them getting new recruits, is that right?

nope get the leader and there stalled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:09 

Runcle wrote:
Joans wrote:

nope get the leader and there stalled.

Oh right, I don't actually remember how it worked in the other games, and I can't see anything about it in the rules.

Myoptika!?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:11 
Hibernating Druid

Well then.

[vote: squirt]

If he's innocent then we'll string up Runcle. Easy. Too easy? ;)

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:18 

Well, I guess the game's up then. There seems to be little point in trying to defend myself from a lynch so, yes, I am the serial killer.

I'm having far too much fun writing these death descriptions though, so here's the deal I'll offer:

Keep me alive, and I'll kill whoever you want me to kill and attempt to help the town to victory. Yes, eventually you'll have to kill me, and I accept that, but the more deaths I get to write the better. However, for this plan to work I need to be protected so that the Mafia can't bump me off.

The problem with this is that the Doctor might be a cultist by now.

So yep, I'll leave it up to you. Frankly I'm amazed that I've gotten back from shooting to find myself still alive. My life is in your hands.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:20 

We don't care about you, we're on the cult now.

Tell you what, if we lynch Squirt and he's in the cult, then it looks like Runcle is telling the truth, so do us a favour and lynch Goddess Jasmine.

Unfortunately, I'm not the doctor, so I can't guarantee you any protection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:21 
Excellent Member

Out of interest Dudley was all for offing Joans.
This makes me doubt that Joans is a cult member at all.
Doesnt mean he isnt Mafia mind.
But im kinda inclined to think that he and CG were just townies arguing.

So FOS @ GazChap, and [vote:squirt]

need to apply some pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:21 
Time Out for Fun

GazChap wrote:
Well, I guess the game's up then. There seems to be little point in trying to defend myself from a lynch so, yes, I am the serial killer.

I'm having far too much fun writing these death descriptions though, so here's the deal I'll offer:

Keep me alive, and I'll kill whoever you want me to kill and attempt to help the town to victory. Yes, eventually you'll have to kill me, and I accept that, but the more deaths I get to write the better. However, for this plan to work I need to be protected so that the Mafia can't bump me off.

The problem with this is that the Doctor might be a cultist by now.

So yep, I'll leave it up to you. Frankly I'm amazed that I've gotten back from shooting to find myself still alive. My life is in your hands.

haha did you read the rest of this thread before you posted that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:24 

Runcle wrote:
haha did you read the rest of this thread before you posted that?

Yep, but even though the "finger of death" had stopped being pointed at me (to a certain degree) I figured it was only a matter of time before it turned back to me, so there was no real point in trying to turn people away from me.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next