Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Game VII Day 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:14 
UltraMod

The town awake to the sound of birds singing, rubbing their eyes and yawning with a smile. What luck that they had taken out one of the filthy mafia (and such a scummy lying one at that), they felt a renewed sense of hope that they could rid the town of scum completely.

However, the good mood was shattered when a shout from LaceSensor was heard - Plissken was missing! The villagers enter Plissken's house. The first man in through the door, Craster, peers around to the left as he walks in and sees what looks like a human leg nailed to the wall behind the door.

Looking around the rest of the room, he sees another human leg nailed to the opposite corner, and in the other two corners of the room are two arms, both nailed to the walls.

In the middle of the room, laid down on the table, is Plissken - or rather, what's left of him. His head has been removed and placed at one end of the table, while his torso has been placed at the other end. Two bananas have been laid on the table in between Plissken's head and body.

His stomach has been cut, and his intestines and other vital organs have been stapled together to form a ball of offal.

A series of bloody scars can be seen on Plissken's chest. "gur png fng ba gur zng".

As the townsfolk turn to leave, they notice Plissken's wedding tackle firmly stapled to the wall above the door.

On the way out, they find Bob Monkhouse's missing joke books and a fez. Plissken was the Townie Comedian.

Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:16 
UltraMod

[playerlist]
Bluecup
Bobbyaro
ComicalGnomes
Craster
Dudley
GazChap
Goddess Jasmine
Joans
kalmar
LaceSensor
Mr Russ
mrak
Runcle
Sheepeh
Spinglo Sponglo!
Squirt
zaphod79
Zardoz
[/playerlist]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 
UltraMod

It is now Day 2. With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch and 14 votes for there to be no lynch. Day 2 will finish at midday on Monday if there is no decision beforehand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:19 

So maybe Curioisity was the only goon then?
In that case I stand corrected, we were right to kill him.
The lying bastard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 
Isn't that lovely?

I would just like to say!

Fucking yes!

I knew it!

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 
Best
Board Mother

No mafia kill? We don't have a blocking role do we?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:21 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
No mafia kill? We don't have a blocking role do we?

I don't think so, so either the other goons have gone undercover, or Curio was the only one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 
Best
Board Mother

Hmm, that seems a bit odd.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 

It would certainly explain why Curiosity was so desperate to keep himself alive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 
Best
Board Mother

Yeah, and I've just checked, 1-4 goons, so it could well be!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 

Either way, we've got 2 (probably) cultists and an unknown SK on the lose.
Although Craster was very sure that Curiosity wasn't the SK.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:25 
Best
Board Mother

So you think Craster might be the SK as he was so certain?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 

GazChap wrote:
It would certainly explain why Curiosity was so desperate to keep himself alive.

It also ruins my argument. If there had still been a mafia kill and the SK had killed someone unexpected, then I could've argued that, if we'd left Curiosity alive, we'd have lost nothing, and now learnt that he wasn't the SK and could lynch him.
As it is, we saved ourselves up to 2 townies.
Sorry guys. I was wrong. :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:27 
Isn't that lovely?

Ok then, 1 death, obviously a SK death. I don't think it would have been anyone that disagreed with Plissken as that would arouse too much suspicion.

Right so why no mafia hit?

1) No mafia were left to do it?
2) Their target was protected
3) The Mafia guy was role blocked (I need to check the town roles to see if that's possible)
4) The mafia decide not to kill to make us think that one of the above is true.

Now the identy of the SK, would it have been one of the people vociferously arguing for Curiosity to swing? I don't think so, I also don't think any of them are Mafia (although they could of course be Cult) I think it's likely that the SK voted for Curiosity tho. However, I think it's more important to find the Cult people now. Tho at the moment they are going to be hard to find, there are only 2 of them (at most) and they have no reason to give themselves away.

I do think we should look at the people that have been keeping a lower profile. The people that perhaps voted without giving too much away as to why. I will go back over yesterday's thread in a bit to see who I think we should be looking at.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:27 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Just throwing it out there. :hat:
In fairness, he was probably so certain because Curiosity is such a lying shit in every game of this. :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 
baron of techno

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

More likely Comical.

However, I'm clearly extremely rubbish at this, so you'd be best to ignore everything I say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 
Time Out for Fun

Hello, I havent got long Ive got to go to uni btu thought I'd do a quick suggestion. What if myoptikakaka only put 1 mafia in, in a hope to mess with our heads, its be mentioned a few times that they mgiht do something similar. Also Im guessing he wasnt hoping curiosity wouldnt be dead on the first day.

Also on thinking on who the serial killer could be, I think he/she would have had a vote for curiosity to be hanged without a doubt, except I doubt he/she would have been so vocal about it like crasyer and comical.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 
Excellent Member

gur png fng ba gur zng

is a cipher written in ROT13

which reads

The cat sat on the mat

dunno what it really means though, will investigate after lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

On the one hand Craster was really vocal about how sure he was that Curio wasn't the SK, but if Craster is the SK, doing so wouldn't be playing to his win condition(or at least wouldn't make sense) as the SK would have been better off us thinking Curio was the SK.

Sorry, I should just read the rules, but is there only Mafia Goons, or is there a Don, aswell?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 

LaceSensor wrote:
gur png fng ba gur zng

which reads

The cat sat on the mat

ROT13?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:51 

LaceSensor wrote:
gur png fng ba gur zng

which reads

The cat sat on the mat

Probably not a clue in itself, but who would use a cipher like that in their kill descriptions? Unless it was just something that myp threw in?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:51 

Bobbyaro wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
gur png fng ba gur zng

which reads

The cat sat on the mat

ROT13?

I think it means you shift all the letters by 13 places.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 
UltraMod

Bobbyaro wrote:
Sorry, I should just read the rules, but is there only Mafia Goons, or is there a Don, aswell?

0 Mafia Don
1-4 Mafia Goons
0-1 Mafia Roleblocker

baron of techno

Runcle wrote:
Hello, I havent got long Ive got to go to uni btu thought I'd do a quick suggestion. What if myoptikakaka only put 1 mafia in, in a hope to mess with our heads, its be mentioned a few times that they mgiht do something similar. Also Im guessing he wasnt hoping curiosity wouldnt be dead on the first day.

As was pointed out yesterday, it's quite a tough game for the town as we don't have any really useful roles, so perhaps to balance that out there aren't too many baddies at the start.

Bobbyaro wrote:
On the one hand Craster was really vocal about how sure he was that Curio wasn't the SK, but if Craster is the SK, doing so wouldn't be playing to his win condition(or at least wouldn't make sense) as the SK would have been better off us thinking Curio was the SK.

1-4 goons
0-1 roleblocker
Either the terrorist or doctor is aligned to the mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 
baron of techno

Runcle wrote:

As was pointed out yesterday, it's quite a tough game for the town as we don't have any really useful roles, so perhaps to balance that out there aren't too many baddies at the start.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 
baron of techno

Uh, feel free to delete that extra post..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:04 

Bobbyaro wrote:
ROT13?

It's a (shitty) form of encryption where you move each letter of the alphabet 13 places forward, so A becomes N, B becomes O, C becomes P and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 

Which is why it's best to use it twice to be really safe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

The screech of glee when last night's result was made could be heard for some distance.

I am now looking very, very carefully at all of those people who were so so keen to protect Curiosity yesterday, to the point where a good 10 pages of Day 1's thread were taken up by back and forth debate that ultimate saw me, Craster, Malc, and our posthumous Plissken proved dead right.

I will have a think and post more shortly. Suffice to say it's looking very bad for you Joans :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 

I still stand by my choice.
The only reasons to kill him were if he was the cult leader, or the only mafia goon.
If you kill me, then GazChap has to eat his own testicles, which seems a little harsh on the poor guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
The screech of glee when last night's result was made could be heard for some distance.

I am now looking very, very carefully at all of those people who were so so keen to protect Curiosity yesterday, to the point where a good 10 pages of Day 1's thread were taken up by back and forth debate that ultimate saw me, Craster, Malc, and our posthumous Plissken proved dead right.

I will have a think and post more shortly. Suffice to say it's looking very bad for you Joans :)

And you weren't proven dead right. Your arguement weas to kill the SK, joans was to not kill the SK. We all agreed that killing the goon was the correct thing, we just didn't know if he was a/the goon or not.

On another note, I can't see what the mafia hope to gain by not killing last night, if there is more than one goon. :S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 

Bobbyaro wrote:
On another note, I can't see what the mafia hope to gain by not killing last night, if there is more than one goon. :S

I would imagine a hope that we'll assume there is only one goon and not look too closely at Curio's defenders for more...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:20 

Paranoia at its finest there Duds. :)
But will you be safe once you've killed everyone that was defending Curiosity? :'(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:22 
baron of techno

Bobbyaro wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

And you weren't proven dead right. Your arguement weas to kill the SK, joans was to not kill the SK. We all agreed that killing the goon was the correct thing, we just didn't know if he was a/the goon or not.

Craster seemed to know anyway. He was dead right and I apologise for my part in dragging the debate out..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:23 
Legendary Boogeyman

Bobbyaro wrote:
And you weren't proven dead right. Your arguement weas to kill the SK

Check posts. Credit to Craster, who clocked it as SK fakery first. I also said it was a possibility, a last minute desperate roleclaim in an effort to keep the goon alive, and that was dead right.

Now, on to today.

I've played several games with Joans, once where we've both been goons. I think his style of play yesterday was completely out of character. I fail to believe he merely felt strongly about keeping the SK alive while being so willfully deaf to any counter-arguments, or the possibility that he wasn't really the SK. Even in his post above, he's just said the only reason to have killed Curio was if he was the only goon. I mean, what? You kill Goons as you find them unless you know for definitely who the Cult Leader is.

This doesn't match up with the Joans I know. His defense was too persistant and too passionate to be merely an intellectual stance over whether it's best to kill the SK.

Therefore, unless someone comes up with something awesome to change my mind:

[Vote:Joans]

With regard to the lack of Mafia kill last night; I don't believe there was only one goon. I can only assume a hit was targetted at either myself, or Craster, as we were very likely targets, and so the town must have a doctor on our side who protected one of us. That being the case, thanks Doc, whoever you are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:24 

Dudley wrote:
I would imagine a hope that we'll assume there is only one goon and not look too closely at Curio's defenders for more...

But that can only last so long before they have to start killing people again, so it wouldn't take the heat off his defenders for too long.

So no, can't see them doing that.

Whereas I can quite easily see myoptika deliberately only putting one goon in just to mess with us ;) If that's the case though, it's terrifically bad luck for Curiosity to get assigned the role ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 

I'd also forgotten about the doctor, that's the far more likely scenario and would also mean there's no terrorist.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:27 

It took you two pages, I'm disappointed. :(
I think you'll find my play style is near identical to the last game, you know, the one where I was suspected of being mafia towards the end, but actually I was a townie.

I've already explained why I think we should have killed him if he was the only goon, but if you can't be bothered to read two pages, then there's not much I can do to make it any clearer.

Please everyone vote for me. You're only going to lynch a townie anyway, so you may as well just get it over with and kill me.
Also, I was responsible for 1/6th of the posts in the day 1 thread, and I clearly need to go outside or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:28 

GazChap wrote:
I'd also forgotten about the doctor, that's the far more likely scenario and would also mean there's no terrorist.

Why would it mean that? The terrorist is definitely in the game, and if the doctor is on the town's side, then the terrorist is on the mafia's side.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:31 

Joans wrote:
Why would it mean that? The terrorist is definitely in the game, and if the doctor is on the town's side, then the terrorist is on the mafia's side.

Sorry, my bad. I thought it was one but not both, and we didn't know which.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:35 
baron of techno

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I fail to believe he merely felt strongly about keeping the SK alive while being so willfully deaf to any counter-arguments, or the possibility that he wasn't really the SK.

I'm going to put in a token defence of Joans as I was in the same position and I'm not a bad guy.

1) Your counter arguments didn't make a lot of sense. If he had been telling the truth, I still believe it would have been a reasonable strategy to keep him alive and lynch someone else, or two someone elses in the hope of hitting the cult (or remaining mafia member, if there is one). So I don't blame Joans for trying to argue that one.

2) There was only a possibility that he wasn't the SK. I believed his claim (well, 80% or so) and I assume Joans was similarly duped. That was the mistake. I think you and Craster knew not to trust him for historical reasons.

That's it, I'll say no more as I've been proven wrong once, I'm just saying what I'd say if you were accusing me - i.e. don't lynch him just for sake of gloating :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's also pretty safe to discount:

Me
Craster
Malc
Gazchap

of being possible mafia, given the regularity of posts all baying to lynch Curio. Having said that, given my convictions about Joans, I's say about 80% of the mafia are in the group that voted for me (or at least didn't vote for Curio) and refused to vote for Curio all day, and therefore almost everyone that voted for him is unlikely to be mafia, with one exception at the most, I reckon.

Anyone of us could still be the SK or CL, but I think we've learned a lot here.

Also I'm going to FOS Sheepeh who was quiet all day and only chipped in a vote for Curiosity after he reached 11 votes, which makes the sentiment meaningless.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:41 

Let's summarise this nice and quick:

Yes, I believed that Curiosity was the Serial Killer.
However, I hadn't ignored the possibility that he was lying and was mafia.
If he was mafia, then my argument was that the mafia would have still got a kill in anyway, and the real SK would most likely have killed someone else. Then we'd have realised that Curiosity wasn't the SK and could have lynched him.
Even if the real SK had covered for Curiosity, we still weren't losing out, as he'd killed who we chose, so our fate was in our own hands.

Unfortunately, it appears that Curiosity was the only goon, or the other goons target was protected, or they chose not to kill.
Also, if Curiosity was the Cult Leader (although nobody seemed to suspect this), then keeping him alive would also have been stupid.

So, I say again, in hindsight, killing him was the right idea, but it could have been different, OK?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Oi, you, I was actually typing at 9 posts, and Jazzy G posted as I was typing. It was intended to be the 10th vote.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 

I've put this in a separate post for those of you that can't be arsed to read my long, tedious defences of my actions yesterday.

If Curiosity was the only goon, why didn't he kill anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:44 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:
I've put this in a separate post for those of you that can't be arsed to read my long, tedious defences of my actions yesterday.

We lynched him before night fell!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:46 

kalmar wrote:
Joans wrote:

We lynched him before night fell!

Right, that's it. This is obviously taking it's toll.
I'm out of here for a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

WHO WANTS TO MOTHERFUCKING TOUCH ME?!

Right, now that's out of the way, let's pin down some wrigglers. It's fair to say that from yesterday, the mafia would most likely have targetted either me, Malc, or Comical last night if there are any left alive. I guess that means we either only had one goon (dangerous thinking), or we have the doctor and he protected whoever the mafia targetted (more likely in my view).

In light of that:

Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Then change your vote to me and kill me , i'm a townie - i'm happy to watch this from the dead thead , and it will save what i see as one of the towns few chances of winning.

Just read through the last few pages again and spotted this.

A supposed townie is willing to sacrifice themselves in order to save someone who is claiming to be the SK?

I think not.

[vote:zaphod79]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:51 

Sheepeh wrote:
Oi, you, I was actually typing at 9 posts, and Jazzy G posted as I was typing. It was intended to be the 10th vote.

And likewise I am equally suspiscous of GJ

I am actualyl still suspicious of CG and Craster, as I think they have it in them to make a truly audacious open attack and hide in broad daylight. Especially with comments like:

CG wrote:
It's also pretty safe to discount:

Me
Craster
Malc
Gazchap

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next