And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Game IV Day VI: The Finale & Post Mortem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Quote:
You are Sir Alan Sugar. Once each night you can PM me the name of a player. That player will wake up to the horrifying realisation that you have sold them a GX4000, and will immediately hang themselves. If you can sell 5 GX4000s, no-one will believe you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 
Rude Belittler

Or a pro wrestling one. Hunting out members of the vicious World Nastiness Organisation. in the BeeX Wrestling Federation. Organised in shows rather than days.

Role: Wrestler: You wrestle in normal matches. You also help out searching for wNo members in your spare time. No night actions Your win condition: BWF.

2-4wNo member: You are secretly aligned with the wNo. You may contact other wNo members. Once per show, just before the opening match, you may collectively take out a wrestler, injuring him, and keeping him out of action for a month. Your win condition is wNo

0-2 Prospective Superstar: You are an up and coming superstar. You have the ear of the general manager. Each show, you may nominate an opponent, and you will wrestle him. If you win, you find out his role. Your win condition is BWF.

1 Commissioner: You are the commish of the federation. Once per show, before the opening match, you may investigate one wrestler, and find out his alignment. You still wrestle, though! Win Condition: BWF.

0-2 Jobber: You are a career 'enhancement talent' This means you lose. However, you are respected in the business, and can call in favours from the management. You may protect a single wrestler for the show, putting an arena security detail on him. He knows he's been protected, but not by who. You lose every match you are involved with. Your win condition: BWF

1 Crazy: You are the wrestler everyone keeps away from. You're out of control... and are buried in the mid-card because of it. But you know what a great champ you'd be. And you've set out to do it in your own, special way. You may target one wrestler per show, and severely injure them with a weapon. This weapon will be your signature illegal object when you hit the big time, so that's what you always use. your goal: to take out everyone. Your win condition is Crazy

1 Champion: You hold the BWF Heavyweight Title belt. You've declared that any match you are in is a title match. If you lose a match, then you lose the abilities associated with the belt. It takes 75% of the vote to organise a mass beatdown on you, and the wNo and crazy daren't take you out. You wrestle every show. Everyone knows who the champion is. You can still be investigated and roleblocked. Your win condition is whatever it would normally be.

0-1 Toady: You've got the GM's ear and can roleblock one wrestler per show. You can be taken out by a mass beatdown, or by the crazy... but if the wNo try to take you out, you convince them to take you on as a member instead of being injured. Your initial win condition lies with the BWF.

At the end of each show, the wrestler voted upon is dragged to the ring and beaten up, till he reveals his role. This injures the wrestler, putting him on ice for a month. During the show, matches will happen. These will be resolved randomly in most cases. Note: the card is given to the wrestlers just before the opening match, after all night actions have been taken.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:32 
Rude Belittler

Pundabaya wrote:
Or a pro wrestling one. Hunting out members of the vicious World Nastiness Organisation. in the BeeX Wrestling Federation. Organised in shows rather than days.

Role: Wrestler: You wrestle in normal matches. You also help out searching for wNo members in your spare time. No night actions Your win condition: BWF.

2-4wNo member: You are secretly aligned with the wNo. You may contact other wNo members. Once per show, just before the opening match, you may collectively take out a wrestler, injuring him, and keeping him out of action for a month. Your win condition is wNo

0-2 Prospective Superstar: You are an up and coming superstar. You have the ear of the general manager. Each show, you may nominate an opponent, and you will wrestle him. If you win, you find out his role. Your win condition is BWF.

1 Commissioner: You are the commish of the federation. Once per show, before the opening match, you may investigate one wrestler, and find out his alignment. You still wrestle, though! Win Condition: BWF.

0-2 Jobber: You are a career 'enhancement talent' This means you lose. However, you are respected in the business, and can call in favours from the management. You may protect a single wrestler for the show, putting an arena security detail on him. He knows he's been protected, but not by who. You lose every match you are involved with. Your win condition: BWF

1 Crazy: You are the wrestler everyone keeps away from. You're out of control... and are buried in the mid-card because of it. But you know what a great champ you'd be. And you've set out to do it in your own, special way. You may target one wrestler per show, and severely injure them with a weapon. This weapon will be your signature illegal object when you hit the big time, so that's what you always use. your goal: to take out everyone. Your win condition is Crazy

1 Champion: You hold the BWF Heavyweight Title belt. You've declared that any match you are in is a title match. If you lose a match, then you lose the abilities associated with the belt. It takes 75% of the vote to organise a mass beatdown on you, and the wNo and crazy daren't take you out. You wrestle every show. Everyone knows who the champion is. You can still be investigated and roleblocked. Your win condition is whatever it would normally be.

0-1 Toady: You've got the GM's ear and can roleblock one wrestler per show. You can be taken out by a mass beatdown, or by the crazy... but if the wNo try to take you out, you convince them to take you on as a member instead of being injured. Your initial win condition lies with the BWF.

At the end of each show, the wrestler voted upon is dragged to the ring and beaten up, till he reveals his role. This injures the wrestler, putting him on ice for a month. During the show, matches will happen. These will be resolved randomly in most cases. Note: the card is given to the wrestlers just before the opening match, after all night actions have been taken.

Oh, and every player would have to have a wrestling persona, a gimmick, and would be aligned either heel (bad guy) or face (good guy) This would be a roleplaying required game. Anyone not roleplaying would be mod-killed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:07 
Sleepyhead

I'm going to fine tune my AlienScum rules today.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 14:24 
Paws for thought

Here's a small poll for you...

If you'd been bitten on the first day, would you have owned up to it to the town?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 14:39 

Hmm, don't know, but then I don't have a problem with wanting to transfer to the vamps. You're playing to win personally, even if you're part of a team. If you can sacrifice yourself as a townie to help the townies win, great. If you can transfer sides to someone you think is more likely to win I don't see why that's a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 15:14 
Paws for thought

It's more I'm wondering what kind of proportion of people would've owned up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 15:18 

Playing as a vanilla townie, I was planning to own up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 15:24 

I think I wouldn't have.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 15:33 
Time Out for Fun

Dudley wrote:
I think I wouldn't have.

oh that time you roleblocked me, I was out to kill lacesensor, which would have made the game interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 15:54 

Yeah I saw that. It wouldn't though, he was protecting himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 16:18 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
Quote:
You are Sir Alan Sugar. Once each night you can PM me the name of a player. That player will wake up to the horrifying realisation that you have sold them a GX4000, and will immediately hang themselves. If you can sell 5 GX4000s, no-one will believe you.

:DD

Good game everyone. Just sorry I wasn't able to spend as much time immersed in it as I'd have liked (which probably saved my skin!).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 21:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I wouldn't have owned up about a bite on the first night or second, but would on the third.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 22:30 
It's all pish

Being the irritatingly honourable sort, I probably would've owned up if I'd received a bite.

Unfortunately, I got a lot more than one...

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:22 
PC Gamer

I would have owned up to a bite - and in fact would have done, if day 3 (4?) hadn't for some reason started at a bizarre time of night and been done before I could get to the computer. Given that your win condition is "supposed" to define your motivation, I think it's pretty unsportsmanlike for someone to keep quiet about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 

Quote:
I would have owned up to a bite - and in fact would have done, if day 3 (4?) hadn't for some reason started at a bizarre time of night and been done before I could get to the computer. Given that your win condition is "supposed" to define your motivation, I think it's pretty unsportsmanlike for someone to keep quiet about it.

I think this is the disagreement. Your personal victory defines your motivation, usually yes that's your current win condition but if you can fanangle a "transfer" to a "better" win condition I don't see where the sportsmanship argument comes in, it's part of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:49 
PC Gamer

It's simply that you're supposed to play to your win condition until it's not your win condition any more, so deliberately undermining your current team to get onto a better one feels - to me - pretty out of order.

I get where you're coming from, but I'm plainly not the only person that feels like this since Richie CheeryBranch was talking about making it compulsory for bitees to speak up in future games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 
That Rev Chap

The GothamScum rules explicitly state that you should play to your current win condition.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 

I would off as well. I was playing for a town win and I figured (wrongly or rightly, and I think others came to the same conclusion as well) that the best way for this was to keep the town numbers up and vampires down. So owning up gives the town information (which the vamps will now have anyway) and gives the town a potential vampire to kill on the 2nd day after declaring it. This would also give the VH a chance to kill the sire other than stumbling around in the dark, the priest will have one less person to look at and will ultimately slow the vampires down. I see no reason why a townie wouldn't speak up as it wouldn't help the town at all. (*glares at KevR*)

Of course this does give the SK a chance of winning but I doubted the town could hold the vampires at bay and get the SK within 5 days.

And apologies to myoptika, you fitted what I thought the serial killer would of done (not do much but still be there, part of the crowd etc).

[emo]And it appears no one even suspected or noticed me[/emo]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Were you playing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:11 

Grim... wrote:
Were you playing?

*Storms off to listen to Jimmy Eat World in my bedroom*

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2