Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day IV
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The townsfolk notice that their very own librarian, Nervouspete, is missing. Fearing the worst, the good folk of the town head to Nervouspete's house.

The nervous crowd creak open the front door of Nervouspete's house, and shuffle inside. The sight that awaits them looks relatively serene - Nervouspete is sat at his desk with a pile of books in front of him.

However, upon switching on the lights the townsfolk see that Nervouspete has in fact been nailed to his chair and then covered in paper cuts - every square inch of his body including his eyeballs (and, they must assume, more intimate places still) have felt the whispering cut of a paper edge. Nervouspete's library index cards are stacked on the table in fron tof him, and the townsfolk notice that each card has a tiny bit of blood in a corner - the killer has evidently used a different index card for each cut whilst Nervouspete slowly bled to death. The cards are definitely not stacked in order, either - if there was some pattern to the order in which the killer used them, it's not apparent to the townsfolk, but using the card for "Fanny Craddock's Cookbook" and then "How to DIY" must have meant something to the killer.

The blood that has trickled out from the thousands upon thousands of cuts is pooled below Nervouspete's chair, and has been used to daub a message on the floor:

"OVERDUE!
BAAAAAA
".

nervouspete was a Townie

It is day 4. With 11 alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch. Day 4 deadline is Tuesday midday.

[playerlist]
vegetables
ComicalGnomes
Sir Taxalot
Dimrill
Sheepeh
Dudley
Grim...
JBR
Gazchap
Mr Chris
richardgaywood
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Day IV
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

Don't mean to be a snotbag, Mr Narrator, but when does Sir Taxalot get modkilled for his baffling absense? :)

Also, what I said yesterday still stands, SK *must* be Sheepeh. Hopefully Dimms will be along at some point today to confirm whether this is voyeuristic evidence or blind speculation on his part, but I'm willing to buy it for now.

[vote:Sheepeh]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 
INFINITE POWAH

Sheepeh's hardly likely to try and frame himself with the "baaa" thing. And remember the sk tried to clumsily frame dimrill last night, so I don't reckon it's sheepeh.

Hang on, OR - everyone noted that the dimrill frame was a frame, so since you outed sheepeh as the sk yesterday, sheepeh could now be trying to double bluff and hope people assume the same is happening this time, and get himself off the hook.

[vote:sheepeh]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:09 

Yeah, while we still have a dim we really need the low down but I was convinced yesterday

[vote:sheepeh]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:16 

The cult could be up as far as four people at the moment, and statistically I think are probably three strong. That means they are already halfway to a lynch by themselves. We all need to be vigilent for signs of block voting now, and as time continues the cult leader is going to be more and more powerful.

I concur with Mr Chris that the lack of a mafia hit suggests the Doctor got lucky. The Doctor can be recruited into the cult -- if they got him, it's likely he's just protecting the cult leader all the time now. There's something like a 50%ish chance they've grabbed the doctor, I think. That means the Mafia might have a good idea who the cult leader is (if they tried a hit last night and failed).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 

I forgot to add: if Grim... really is the scientist, can he please confirm what he's been doing these last two nights? I find it odd he hasn't volunteered the information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 
INFINITE POWAH

What richard said - Grim..., can you enlighten us please? Otherwise you're looking more and more like a cultist. You outed yourself as a townie with a semi-useful role, and so the mafia should have bumped you off by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 
Legendary Boogeyman

To my mind there must be at least two cultists, if not 3 assuming some decent luck on picking townies to recruit. There's one SK (sheepeh, imo), and I wager two mafia. One killer and one roleblocker. The mafia either didn't do a hit (unlikely), were roleblocked (are they any blockers left?), or their target was protected.

Perhaps Dimms has more info, we'll have to wait for him to wake up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:26 

I'm sorry, I don't believe for a second that Sheepeh would be stupid enough to frame himself. If he's double-bluffing, he's taking a MASSIVE risk considering what happened to Mr Russ in the last game.

[VOTE:ComicalGnomes]

He's still shifty.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:29 

I'm not leaning towards Sheepeh either. The SK implicated Dimmers the day before, I think he's just playing games.

Regarding what I said about the Cult and block voting -- did anyone else notice that Dudley, Mr Chris, and ComicalGnomes all voted for Sheepeh in the space of five minutes? It's almost too stupid to be suspicious but I thought I should draw attention to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:30 
INFINITE POWAH

GazChap wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't believe for a second that Sheepeh would be stupid enough to frame himself. If he's double-bluffing, he's taking a MASSIVE risk considering what happened to Mr Russ in the last game.

True, but there was a growing suspicion of sheepeh yesterday (some that he was mafia, some that he's sk), so he may feel he has little else to try at this point.

Quote:
*votes for ComicalGnomes* He's still shifty.

True, but he's not as dangerous as the sk at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:32 
Legendary Boogeyman

Speaking as a mafia person in the last game, the only time we ever blockvoted was on the final day in order to secure the final lynch needed to win. Like you quite rightly say, blockvoting at any time beforehand would be obvious and stupid, of which we were not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:33 
INFINITE POWAH

richardgaywood wrote:
I'm not leaning towards Sheepeh either. The SK implicated Dimmers the day before, I think he's just playing games.

Regarding what I said about the Cult and block voting -- did anyone else notice that Dudley, Mr Chris, and ComicalGnomes all voted for Sheepeh in the space of five minutes? It's almost too stupid to be suspicious but I thought I should draw attention to it.

heh! no. Dimmers and grim... are clearly cultists, and as you say there can't be more than four. And that would make five. but let's see how grim... and dimmers vote when they turn up.

I voted quickly as I'm keen for a lynching to take place, and keen for that lynching to lynch someone who's clearly a bad'un. I may, as with comical the other day, retract my vote if sheepeh can make a convincing enough case as to why he shouldn't swing, though.

To whom are you leaning towards for the lynching today, mr gaywood?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:34 

Mr Chris wrote:
To whom are you leaning towards for the lynching today, mr gaywood?
I don't know at the moment. I have no gut feeling; I need to review yesterday's conversation I think but may not get chance until lunchtime. I do believe that at this moment the cult are as big a threat as the mafia though, and getting stronger.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:37 
INFINITE POWAH

I had been going mostly on the basis of the voting records - who had voted with the known mafiosas for townies, and sheepeh seemed to have fit in with that. He's either mafia or the sk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm inclined to believe Dimms as the voyeur, because while a lot of vanilla townies and the odd bad guy have died, none of the interesting roles have died yet, and that does rather improve the odds of whoever's left being a 'special' townie of some kind. There aren't that many people left now that you can easily claim to be one role while being another.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:41 
INFINITE POWAH

Hang on - no, there can't be more than three cultists, as we've only had three nights.

Dimmers, grim... and who?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:44 
INFINITE POWAH

Hang on, the voyeur can tell who's targetting a specific person - could be a useful to the cultists, and may explain why they're doing so well if they've got the skinny on who's doing what.

INFINITE POWAH

Hmmm. interesting.

Legendary Boogeyman

Hang on yourself, why is Dimm a cultist?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:46 

Mr Chris wrote:
True, but he's not as dangerous as the sk at this point.

This assumes that ComicalGnomes isn't the SK. I've still not seen any convincing evidence otherwise.

I'll retract my vote and aid in a lynching of Sheepeh if it looks like it's going to get that far but I remain unconvinced about him being dangerous too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 
INFINITE POWAH

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Hang on yourself, why is Dimm a cultist?

Gut feeling really, and contributed to by the earlier apparent collusion between grim and dimmers. Still, if they are voyeur and scientist respectively, they must be being directed by the shadowy and still unknown cult leader. I'm pretty sure neither of them is mafia, though.

gazchap wrote:
This assumes that ComicalGnomes isn't the SK. I've still not seen any convincing evidence otherwise.

I'd suspected comical of being a mafia goon, but not the sk - why do you think he is? As I've noted before, I'm still open to being swayed on comical so if you've got a good reason we could get a ball rolling.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 
INFINITE POWAH

oops. got voyeur and scientist the wrong way round there, obv. pesky no edits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 
Legendary Boogeyman

Well if I'm wrong about Sheepeh as well then I'm baffled as to why the rest of you wouldn't vote me dead, just to be sure. Although I should stress I'm not basing this on any gut feeling of my own (for once), rather it's based on what Dimms said about him being the SK. As the voyeur it's something I can trust.

Sheepeh as a player in this game has been extremely quiet and has thusly avoided suspicion so far, which would be an excellent tactic for him. There's only one way to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:52 
INFINITE POWAH

Yeah, comical, I noticed that point about dimmers commenting on sheepeh being the sk - and if dimmers IS a cultist, they'd deffo want the sk out of the way as they can't recruit him. I'm convinced sheepeh is a bad un.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:53 

Mr Chris wrote:
I'd suspected comical of being a mafia goon, but not the sk - why do you think he is?

There's not really any logic behind thinking he's the SK, just the possibility. But then again, I suppose pretty much everything in the game is based on assumption. I'll go with the crowd.

[VOTE:Sheepeh]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:00 
INFINITE POWAH

Of course, comical, you realise that if sheepeh's NOT the SK, you're leaving yourself wiiiiide open... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

I am, but then so is Dimrill. If *you* turn out to be mafia Chris then I'm going to send you a starbar for your utterly genius deception.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 
INFINITE POWAH

utter genius, or simpleton villager? You decide.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:08 

I like a world where people are paid in Starbars.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 

Dudley wrote:
I like a world where people are paid in Starbars.

That sounds like something that a Cult would dream of...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:30 

Nah, cults don't pay, and if they did it would clearly be Mars and Milky way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 
Can you dig it?

(I go out and enjoy the sunshine for the weekend and come back realising I'd forgotten all about the mafiascum game.)

I still feel a bit aggrieved that I was convinced by CG on the first day and we ended up lynching a townie. Not sure if that's enough for me to vote for lynching him though.

Has Grim... done anything with the science-box?

People seemed quick to vote for Sheepeh. I'm not sure which way to go here.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 

They seem quick because dimrill, who claims to be the voyeur, says he is (and it does match events).

I and some others have chosen to believe him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:11 
Skillmeister

*wakes up and pats self down*
I'm still alive!
*slaps Sheepeh's face*
Oi don't believe your double bluff killerman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:14 
Can you dig it?

Ah, go on then. Let's do it....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

That's 6. Christ alive, I hope we're right.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:16 
Skillmeister

For the record, guvnor, I din't go out last night.. people would've sawed me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
That's 6. Christ alive, I hope we're right.
I'm unconvinced he's the SK but I can't put my finger on why. I could easily be wrong though. I guess we'll know soon enough -- with or without my vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Final Vote Update

sheepeh: 6 votes (comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, dimrill, dudley, gazchap, mr chris)

Not voted: vegetables, sheepeh, grim..., jbr, richardgaywood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

With breakfast barely digested, the villagers round on Sheepeh in a rage. They drag him to the pond in the centre of the village square and all hold him under until the bubbles and thrashing stop.

On visiting his house, they find it well equipped with medication and surgical implements. Sheepeh was the Townie Doctor

It is now night. All players with night actions please PM me. Night 4 deadline is Tuesday midday.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]