Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finish 52 Challenge 2014
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 15:00 

1. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
  2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  6. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
  7. RE5: Lost in Nightmares (Xbox 360)
  8. Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War (PC)
  9. RE5: Desperate Escape (Xbox 360)
  10. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  12. Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360)
  13. Burnout Paradise (PC)
Played until the credits (and will continue to play). I already did this on Xbox 360 a long time ago, of course, but now that I've spent all those hours doing it again on the PC, I'm listing it. It seems I will never get tired of this game. It's getting to where I think it might be my #1 video game of all time, and it is most definitely my #1 driving game of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:53 
Excellent Member

1. A New Beginning
2. Guacamelee!
3. Dark Souls
4. The Whispered World
5. The Book of Unwritten Tales - The Critter Chronicles
6. Machinarium
7. The Swapper
8. Heroine's Quest
9. Gemini Rue
10. Satazius
11. Valdis Story: Abyssal City
12. Dead Space 2
13. Far Cry 3
14. Call of Juarez - Gunslinger - I know that this game had some quite positive reviews, but it's just not enough. It's probably the best linear shooter that i've ever played. The game is just perfect. Lovely presentation and story, and some of the best graphics, in artistic terms, that i've seen on a game of this kind. It's a bit like a more realistic Borderlands, but the effect is much better. And the shooting itself is brilliant. Well, just play it, it's cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:59 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

RuySan wrote:
14. Call of Juarez - Gunslinger - I know that this game had some quite positive reviews, but it's just not enough. It's probably the best linear shooter that i've ever played. The game is just perfect. Lovely presentation and story, and some of the best graphics, in artistic terms, that i've seen on a game of this kind. It's a bit like a more realistic Borderlands, but the effect is much better. And the shooting itself is brilliant. Well, just play it, it's cheap.

Have you played the others in the series? If I were to buy one (for PC), which one is BEST?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 
Excellent Member

I did not played any other in the series, but i remember seeing a friend of mine playing one of the older ones and it seemed boring, with some forced stealth segments.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 16:17 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I played and completed Call of Juarez: Bound in blood and I seem to remember enjoying it quite a lot at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 20:33 
Excellent Member

[quote="RuySan"]1. A New Beginning
2. Guacamelee!
3. Dark Souls
4. The Whispered World
5. The Book of Unwritten Tales - The Critter Chronicles
6. Machinarium
7. The Swapper
8. Heroine's Quest
9. Gemini Rue
10. Satazius
11. Valdis Story: Abyssal City
12. Dead Space 2
13. Far Cry 3
14. Call of Juarez - Gunslinger
15.Brothers – A Tale of two Sons – Absolutely lovely. One of the best games I’ve ever played. I know I’m all hyperbolic in this thread but I don’t finish games that I don’t like, so obviously most reviews are positive.

This is one of those unique experiences that everyone should try. It’s an adventure and puzzler, but it’s not hard, and it’s actually for the better. The story and the atmosphere is completely gripping and it’s full of unforgettable moments and details. It’s impressive how a game that only took me 3 hours to finish feels so epic. There’s no padding at all and it never gets dull.

There are some “side-quests” that makes us want to do them, not because of loot, or stupid numbers going up, but just because we want to do them, and because it’s the right thing. This game is a lesson to all the big blockbusters, or AAA, or whatever they’re called nowadays. The story is incredibly touching and the delivery is done without almost any kind of exposition or cutscenes, mostly is done through gameplay.

And I even didn’t mention the brilliant control system. It’s a single player co-op! One analogue stick for each character, which I suppose makes for an excellent exercise for wannabe drummers.

Well, it made me laugh, it made me shed a tear and it made feel like a child again. Just play this game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
7. Deus Ex: The Fall
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
14. Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:08 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
1. Killer is Dead(PS3); 2. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3); 3. Badland (iOS); 4. Another World (iOS); 5. Borderlands 2 (PS3); 6. Prince of Persia Classic (iOS); 7. Ni No Kuni (PS3); 8. Don't Look Back (iOS); 9. Metro: Last Light (PS3); 10. Contrast (PS4); 11. Last of Us DLC (PS3); 12. Outlast (PS4); 13. Killzone 4 (PS4); 14. Rayman Run (iOS); 15. Dead Space 3 (PS3); 16. Brothers: A Tale of 2 Brothers (PS3); 17. Dark Souls 2 (PS3); 18. Shelter (PC); 19. The Stanley Parable (PC); 20. David (iOS); 21. Papers, Please (PC); 22. VVVVVV (PC); 23. Cave Story+ (PC); 24. Gone Home (PC); 25. Antichamber (PC) 26. The Swapper (PC) 27. Sine Mora (Vita) 28. Pixeljunk: Shooter Ultimate (PS4)

29. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (PC) I'll be honest - I just didn't get it. I wasn't terrified, it wasn't scared, I was barely mildly amused. I've kinda liked these horror games ever since FEAR showed me that games can actually be weird and scary and Outlast, another scary-walk about-a-thon, has been one of the more memorable games I've played in a while. This though, nope, just couldn't enjoy it. It started off alright but I didn't understand the story properly and couldn't really enjoy the setting. So when the twist was revealed 80% through I sat there thinking "meh". For all the exposition in the letters found strewn about the place, the talk of the HORRORS of creating pig men was never really on display. It was difficult to imagine the giant titleist machine or what it was doing or how it was supposed to be doing it.

It was all a bit bland, the rooms a bit samey, the environment swamped with a hazy blue or brown hue depending on whether you're inside or outside, pipe after pipe, office after office, corridor after corridor, non-menacing pigs, push four of these, get two of these, find one of these over there which'll talk you a while cause you walk so slowly. Man alive, these things have been done to death.

And the ending? Let me just say these words: Orb. Incan prophecy. Yup, they went there. I had to look up what the ending was about because I must have missed this crap along the way or didn't realise what was happening.

Nah, play Outlast, it's better and scarier. Or FEAR. You can get the entire FEAR catalogue in the steam sales for cheaps. I didn't realise that I've played absolutely every single one of them. I like FEAR.

30. 9.03m (PC) Oh, and then I played this for a while. It's an 'experience' game where you roam a beach on San Francisco looking for objects washed ashore caused from the 2011 Japanese tsunami; a child's teddy, a football, a music box and so on. It only lasts 10 minutes but it did provide a moment of quiet reflection for the people who lost their lives. Half of the money raised from 9.03m is being donated to Aid for Japan who are a charity that helps children who lost their parents that day. Despite that it's difficult to recommend and you could quietly reflect just as easily reading a book or any number of the articles on the subject online.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 19:20 
Excellent Member

The first FEAR is indeed a fantastic game. It has probably the best gunfights in the genre. It's so good that the slo-mo thing wasn't even needed, but it feels great to use that and see bullets passing by.

The second FEAR was a total bore and i gave up. It left me without any hope that the third would be any good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 13:31 

I thought FEAR 2 was just as good as the first one. Neither is the pinnacle of the genre, IMO, they are both a bit too repetitive and long winded in the way they lead you to every inch of map in a totally linear manner, but still very enjoyable. And 2 has some excellent spook effects.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 13:43 
UltraMod

lasermink wrote:
I thought FEAR 2 was just as good as the first one. Neither is the pinnacle of the genre, IMO, they are both a bit too repetitive and long winded in the way they lead you to every inch of map in a totally linear manner, but still very enjoyable. And 2 has some excellent spook effects.

I never played the second one as I felt the first was 'just enough' before I got totally fed up with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 15:33 
Bad Girl

It's certainly a series of diminishing returns but every-single-one of them has been a terrific spooky blaster. FEAR 2 was actually a really good update with improved graphics and pew-pew after FEAR was actually quite basic looking. Some good scares in there, but I don't think you can beat the first for pure old school shootering.

Oh, and that ending. Loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 16:44 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

1. South Park: Stick of Truth
2. Dark Forces 2: Jedit Knight (1997)
3. Infested Planet.

Short game, but great. I picked it up in the Steam sale. It has a skirmish and daily challenge mode that I'll probably keep playing as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 22:03 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2
17. Contrast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:47 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  14. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
Wonderful graphics, sound and music. An experienced gamer can finish it in about 3 hours without meeting too much of a challenge, but you feel awesome controlling two characters at the same time. The story and side stories make it a beautiful, melancholic experience. In the final part, story and game come together in a way that is quite ingenious. Dear Esther, eat your heart out! Finally, it does have a dozen secrets, and I only found half of those (you could do better by checking the achievements in advance if you wanted to, but that would rather spoil them).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 
Excellent Member

lasermink wrote:
but you feel awesome controlling two characters at the same time. .

Indeed. The game is filled with "Hell yeah!" moments, like

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Riding the goats or the hanglider

Another one for the list:

16. Steamworld Dig – It’s basically Spelunky meets Dig Dug, and while the basic gameplay elements are fine and it’s undoubtedly a fun game, I found that something was lacking. Maybe charm, as the graphic style looks a bit characterless. It was also very short, but I don’t mind that. There’s plenty of other games in the backlog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 18:07 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  15. The Stanley Parable (PC)
Got 3 hours out of this, but there almost certainly more stuff there that I haven't seen. I thought it was entertaining with some LOL moments. There is a free demo on Steam that will let you know whether you will like it or not without actually spoiling the game in any way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:24 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
1. Killer is Dead(PS3); 2. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3); 3. Badland (iOS); 4. Another World (iOS); 5. Borderlands 2 (PS3); 6. Prince of Persia Classic (iOS); 7. Ni No Kuni (PS3); 8. Don't Look Back (iOS); 9. Metro: Last Light (PS3); 10. Contrast (PS4); 11. Last of Us DLC (PS3); 12. Outlast (PS4); 13. Killzone 4 (PS4); 14. Rayman Run (iOS); 15. Dead Space 3 (PS3); 16. Brothers: A Tale of 2 Brothers (PS3); 17. Dark Souls 2 (PS3); 18. Shelter (PC); 19. The Stanley Parable (PC); 20. David (iOS); 21. Papers, Please (PC); 22. VVVVVV (PC); 23. Cave Story+ (PC); 24. Gone Home (PC); 25. Antichamber (PC) 26. The Swapper (PC) 27. Sine Mora (Vita) 28. Pixeljunk: Shooter Ultimate (PS4) 29. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (PC) 30. 9.03m (PC)

31. Stick it to the Man (PS4). Art style was nice, music was nice, voice acting was nice, story was nice, the use of the PS4 controller speaker was nice, controls nice (You "could" use the trackpad but what a bloody mess that was. If any game adopts the trackpad as the primary method of input then they better do a significantly better job of it) (fortunately you don't need to use it at all. Yay!) and so on.

But it's so boring and I know exactly why: everyone talks too slow. Honestly, at the pedestrian speed at which the lines are delivered any humour that might have been derived quickly evaporates as the next pregnant pause comes along. Every-single-line-uttered. It should have been fast and sharp and funny, but it falls terribly flat. I swear, they could have got more laughs if they read the lines with intent. A real shame because there was some decent material in there that was squandered so I can imagine that 9 out of 10 people will walk away from it thinking that it was just "meh". I'm one of them.

I notice that the cheevo's are piss easy and just require you to talk to everyone. If you're into that kind of thing then there's a gold at the end of it. I missed a fair few and I'll be damned if I could be bothered to go back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:27 
Bad Girl

FYI: If you're aiming for 52 games this year then you should be on 26 by now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 18:21 
Paws for thought

Yeah, the speed up speech button did somewhat help that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 18:28 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
Yeah, the speed up speech button did somewhat help that.

It would have helped me complete 16 more games by now? Wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 13:39 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2
17. Contrast
18. VVVVVV: Obviously I didn't get all the collectibles because 'Ahahahahaha, don't be mental' but the main game's done with about half of them. Although a couple of rooms took a good few attempts (um, 85 for The Tower apparently) I was expecting the game as a whole to be a lot more difficult given it's reputation. Very good fun though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 18:05 
Bad Girl

Yeah, I was expecting it to be harder bit found the difficulty spot-on by the time I'd finished it.

Then I found an entirely optional collectible where you fall up 6 or 7 screens then have to fall back down in one go and dodging obstacles in one giant move back and forth. It was facking impossible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 18:35 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
Yeah, I was expecting it to be harder bit found the difficulty spot-on by the time I'd finished it.

Then I found an entirely optional collectible where you fall up 6 or 7 screens then have to fall back down in one go and dodging obstacles in one giant move back and forth. It was facking impossible.

Yep, I came across that one relatively early on and spent about half an hour never getting much past half way so gave the fuck right up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 13:24 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2
17. Contrast
18. Random Heroes: I can totally see why they made the changes they did for the second game because this original one allows you to batter through the levels without any need or reason to explore and the inability to 'aim up' is a massive pain in the arse. The in game currency side of it's as odd as it was in the second game. To unlock a decent selection of weapons/characters without buying in-game currency for actual money would take utterly forever of grinding the same levels; but you can pretty easily finish the thing without ever bothering with more than a few upgrades. So they've built in all these choices but then do nothing to encourage you to enable you to get them or give a shit. They'd have been much better off making it a paid game and letting you collect enough money from in-game murdering to earn the unlocks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  16. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
It tries so hard to be good, oh it tries so hard. But it is merely alright-ish. Puzzles feel out of place, and the game tells exactly what you have to do to solve them, so they might as well not be in there. Action is decent but samey. Decent story, and good acting when the dialogue isn't too daft. It's still more enjoyable than Uncharted 3, though. And the graphics are quite impressive, and so is the music.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:29 
Excellent Member

lasermink wrote:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss...Puzzles feel out of place, and the game tells exactly what you have to do to solve them, so they might as well not be in there. Action is decent but samey. Decent story, and good acting when the dialogue isn't too daft.

So it's Uncharted business as usual then? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:29 
UltraMod

Bamba wrote:
lasermink wrote:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss...Puzzles feel out of place, and the game tells exactly what you have to do to solve them, so they might as well not be in there. Action is decent but samey. Decent story, and good acting when the dialogue isn't too daft.

It's incredibly impressive for a handheld game, in all facets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 
Excellent Member

American Nervoso wrote:
Bamba wrote:
lasermink wrote:

I don't doubt it. Indeed, the fact that it seems to faithfully inherit all the exact flaws exhibited by it's bigger brothers only strengthens the argument that it's a 'proper' Uncharted game and not just some gutted mobile reproduction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 
Paws for thought

As before, I much prefered the shooting in it due to the fine aiming through motion control. Much less impressed by the shit touchscreen QTEs which conspire to be much worse than the usual controller shit QTEs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 
Bad Girl

I was less impressed.

viewtopic.php?style=19&f=3&t=3951&p=770327&hilit=Uncharted#p770327

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 

Bamba wrote:
American Nervoso wrote:
Bamba wrote:
lasermink wrote:

I don't doubt it. Indeed, the fact that it seems to faithfully inherit all the exact flaws exhibited by it's bigger brothers only strengthens the argument that it's a 'proper' Uncharted game and not just some gutted mobile reproduction.

I love the first two Uncharted games. This was a lot more repetitive than those. And the puzzles in the original games were pretty good, I think. At least you had to examine the environment and put two and two together a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:40 
Excellent Member

17. Might and Magic X: Legacy – This was a very pleasant surprise. Who knew that in 2014 there was going to be a release of an old-school RPG blobber. It’s a great homage to the series, even going as far as to recycle many sounds from the VI-VIII trilogy.
Even so it was mostly good, I was a bit burned out by the end, but that’s because I’m not really into long, 50 hour, epics nowadays. On the other hand the game had a combat dynamic that was more similar to Wizardry than Might & Magic, since the challenge was into each fight instead of the attrition of many weaker fights. In the end I hope this one sold enough to justify another game in this great series.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2
17. Contrast
18. Random Heroes
19. Sleeping Dogs: I got more and more into Sleeping Dogs as I went along, mostly due to getting a much better grasp of the combat systems, to the point that last night I replayed an earlier mission that had frustrated the shit out of me at the time and really enjoyed it the second time round. I think part of that is due to the melee moves you earn with the green statues being almost required to fight well so in the earlier stages there's much more chance of getting your ass handed to you by much smaller groups of guys. It still has the core problem that comes with open world games (i.e. loads of time just driving from one place to the next which becomes so boring I ended up taking taxis everywhere) and there are some needless annoyances baked into the design (dying in main missions meant a restart at a checkpoint but for some side missions you'd get dumped at a hospital fucking miles from where you die which utterly saps your desire to try again) but overall it was good fun. The story was relatively engaging and the voicework brought the characters alive as well. Although the pacing of the story was a bit off, very little happens for ages and then you seem to massively accelerate towards the denouement. Also, with the ending, it's odd to see
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Wei back on duty when he spent so long telling senior officers to fuck off while he went on long, bloody murdering sessions. Some of it could be explained away as self-defence of course, but hunting down and ice-chippering Big Smile Lee was flat out murder so technically he should've shared Pendrew's fate.
Of course, that's an issue that the game inherits from all the films it takes it's inspiration from though so what can you do? Hopefully there's a next-gen sequel in the mix as, with some minor improvements to the systems in the game, there's potential for a real winner here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 
Awesome
Yes

1) Mate In 1 (iOS)
2) Nonoku (iOS)
3) Tengami (iOS)
4) Broken Sword 5 Episode 1 (iOS)
5) Monument Valley (iOS)
6) Device 6 (iOS)
7) The Silent Age (iOS)
8) Broken Sword 5 Episode 2 (iOS) - Just as goo as episode 1, but the puzzles seemed easier to solve, maybe because the story moved more into the religious aspects of the mystery. That way puzzles became more obvious (attach jewel to staff to light up stone recess) rather than give tissue to monkey to sit on spinning wheel to release marble to give to Alladin to break into security company.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 23:03 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
1. Killer is Dead(PS3); 2. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3); 3. Badland (iOS); 4. Another World (iOS); 5. Borderlands 2 (PS3); 6. Prince of Persia Classic (iOS); 7. Ni No Kuni (PS3); 8. Don't Look Back (iOS); 9. Metro: Last Light (PS3); 10. Contrast (PS4); 11. Last of Us DLC (PS3); 12. Outlast (PS4); 13. Killzone 4 (PS4); 14. Rayman Run (iOS); 15. Dead Space 3 (PS3); 16. Brothers: A Tale of 2 Brothers (PS3); 17. Dark Souls 2 (PS3); 18. Shelter (PC); 19. The Stanley Parable (PC); 20. David (iOS); 21. Papers, Please (PC); 22. VVVVVV (PC); 23. Cave Story+ (PC); 24. Gone Home (PC); 25. Antichamber (PC) 26. The Swapper (PC) 27. Sine Mora (Vita) 28. Pixeljunk: Shooter Ultimate (PS4) 29. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (PC) 30. 9.03m (PC) 31. Stick it to the Man (PS4).

32. Dark Souls 2 Sunken Crown DLC (PS3) - Added content done right. I had more fun in these 7-odd hours than most full price games can muster.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 17:01 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  17. Tomb Raider: Legend (PC)

Well, this was a good surprise. It's mostly very good, with just a couple of sections a bit too frustrating, but nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of perseverance. And for counterbalance, there are some decidedly excellent bits as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 
Excellent Member

18. The Walking Dead: Season 1 – My feelings towards this game changed throughout the season. Firstly, I was getting a bit bored by the lack of challenging puzzles and overall gameplay, but then I was impressed by all the choices and consequences and getting fun from the game.
Eventually I realized that the choices were mostly cosmetic and not very meaningful and got a bit disappointed by it, but in the end I was getting really into its story and characters and played all the way thorough and had fun with it, even with taking into consideration the game’s limitations.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 
Excellent Member

1. Mass Effect 3
3. Estranged
4. The Room 2
5. Little Inferno
6. Shadow Blade
8. Far Cry 3
9. Stick it to the Man
10. Gone Home
11. Fairune
12. Merlin's Adventure
13. Dokuro
15. Monument Valley
16. Random Heroes 2
17. Contrast
18. Random Heroes
19. Sleeping Dogs
20. The Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville: I've never watched the cartoons so picked this up as a well reviewed Metroidvania and for a mobile game it was pretty engaging. Although it suffered from a lack of variety in the level and enemy design, and it wasn't very difficult. The basics of the genre were there (parts of rooms and levels locked off initially and only available later when you'd collected the relevant new ability) but there weren't any times I was left puzzling out where to go or how to get there so it was oddly linear in that respect. Finishing the main quest unlocked a second harder, though shorter, version so there was a lot of game for your money. Certainly worth a go if you're after a something to while away commuting time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:51 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  8. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  14. Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
  18. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Winter Assault (PC)

One Order ending and one Disorder ending.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 15:44 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  19. Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC)

The hand-to-hand combat with its block/counter blow mechanics is quite exciting, mainly due to the convincing movements of the opponents and some nice dynamic sound work. Blocking doesn't seem 100% reliable though, and things get quite frustrating on the last level. Everything else about the game is distinctly average, but it was still enough to carry me through the 9 hours it took to reach the credits. I do have a thing for games with horror atmosphere, though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 20:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

So far:
  1. Lego Marvel
  2. Sniper Elite: Zombie Nazi Army
  3. Marvel Puzzle Quest
  4. Untrusted
  5. X-COM: Enemy Unknown

Completed this on my phone on the way home tonight. It's superb, and well worth the £8 it cost. It plays fantastically and is just like the PC version. The best phone game I've ever played (if you don't count FF7 and FF9, which I used a PlayStation emulator for).

Nearly half way there!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 20:31 
UltraMod

£8 seems expensive for a mobile game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 21:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's £7.14, which is annoying as i'm 21p short in my play account.

Hopefully the next Google survey should get me enough cash ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 21:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

American Nervoso wrote:

It's okay because the graphics are great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 16:01 

2. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)
  3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  4. Dear Esther (PC)
  5. Crysis Warhead (PC)
  11. The Room (Android)
  19. Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC)
  20. Half-Life2: Episode 2 (PC)

Revisited this, and this time I played on Hard, which provides a nice challenge indeed without going overboard. Whereas Episode 1 is flawed, this is the pinnacle of the Half-Life series in my opinion. 6 hours of high quality gaming.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 16:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Grim... wrote:
American Nervoso wrote:

It's okay because the graphics are great.

Yippee on the ipad, that is my revision stopped now :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 16:20 
Master of dodgy spelling....

1. Hunters 2(ios) Not a bad little turn by turn shooter. Main quests was too short, but the daily quests offered variety.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 16:21 
Excellent Member

lasermink wrote:
Revisited this, and this time I played on Hard, which provides a nice challenge indeed without going overboard. Whereas Episode 1 is flawed, this is the pinnacle of the Half-Life series in my opinion. 6 hours of high quality gaming.

I don't remember much about Episode 1 off the top of my head but the whole fucking last section of Ep 2 with the car and the bombs and the running around the place does stick in my mind because I hated it utterly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 18:15 
Paws for thought

Bamba wrote:
lasermink wrote:

I don't remember much about Episode 1 off the top of my head but the whole fucking last section of Ep 2 with the car and the bombs and the running around the place does stick in my mind because I hated it utterly.

:this:

So very many times, this. That last section was pretty much "How not to make a game"

I remember there was a ending twist, but I can't remember what it was, nor do I at all care anymore.

Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next