Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 
Hit it very hard

Lols. (Video below.)

On a wider note I'm really enjoying this expansion, Blizz seem to have got the meta into a pretty good place, although I wish we could eradicate Jade Druid from the face of the earth. Quest Rouge I can live with.

My current favourite deck is CORPSE FLOWER MIRACLE ROGUE, which I posted the deck list for a page or two back. Has a decent chance against most other decks, from aggro to control to secret decks etc, and takes a fair bit of skill to pilot correctly.

I fancy having a go at this deck here, but would need to craft Hemet and 1600 dust is a bit harsh for a 'single use' legendary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Hearthly wrote:
Lols. (Video below.)

Welcome to 2 months ago : viewtopic.php?p=948840#p948840

Corpse flower is really annoying because it buggers up the best removal cards i have

Brawl kills it so it goes back to hibernation mode and even Vanish does not get rid of the damn thing !

I have switched two of my cards in the rogue quest now to Stonehill Defenders - if i can bounce them its some free taunt minions (and after crystal they are all 5/5's) if not it puts something in the way between the enemy and my face

The Mage quest stuff seems very quiet now - the only stuff i'm struggling with is

Corpse flower (because i cant get rid of the damn things)
Jade Druid (they are pulling cheap 6/6 and 7/7 cards out quickly)
Shamen 'rush' decks (with a few basic minions and the totem or de-evolve my defenses)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 19:55 
Sleepyhead

I'm still mostly playing arena, and occasionally casual. Still see a lot of Quest Rogue in ranked around the end I play, and even with Dirty Rat I've still only seen it once fail to get out the Crystal Core by turn 6 (and usually turn 5 followed by insta-death turn 6), which just makes it boring. I could feasibly set up a deck directly aimed at stopping that, but it is very boring to do so, and would likely cost me a shitload of dust I don't have.

Enjoying arena and tavern brawls though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 21:28 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Curiosity wrote:
Still see a lot of Quest Rogue

I wonder if its doing some odd matching or if i'm just getting lucky / unlucky

I got up to rank 13 earlier and dropped back to 15 playing with the rogue quest and only hit another rogue once or twice (a *lot* of warriors and hunters) - i switched to my hunter deck to complete one of my daily quests and saw a wider range of other decks (including a rogue for the first time in ages)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 
Sleepyhead

Dunno. I basically never see it in Casual, but whenever I go to Ranked it's extremely common. That's around Rank 20 since I haven't been arsed to play it.

Might just be the luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 19:22 
Hit it very hard

I fucking hate Taunt Warrior and it's usually a near auto-lose with my CORPSE FLOWER MIRACLE ROGUE deck, but this poor chappy pulled out Gadgetzan with Dirty Rat on his Turn 2, and I had a nice selection of cheap cards in my hand as well as Van Cleef. (I went coin, prep, sap, Van Cleef.)

So I had a 4/4 and an 8/8 on the board at the end of my second turn (and a few cards), and he conceded on his third turn with me having a 4/4, 8/8 and 3/3 on the board (he pulled SI Agent with the Dirty Rat I'd sapped), and drawing cards like a mofo.

(This match-up also amuses me when they pull Arcane Giant with Dirty Rat.)

I do like it when sweet little things like this happen.

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 06-20-17 19.14.25.png

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 06-20-17 19.14.54.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply to topic  [ 3156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106