Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:41 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
Don't you mean The Construct Quarter?

Errrr, yes.

Unless you can silence it, which would be a waste of a silence, I think Zombie Chow sucks. It would need to get three attacks on you before death before it could do a net 1 damage to you.

I think it would be most useful in Priest where you can drop a soulpriest before suiciding the chow into something.

Edit: Patchwerk Heroic done. Annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 15:49 
ugvm'er at heart...

Did the first 3 normal bosses over lunch, not too tricky, I went Mage, Mage, Zoo.
I'll get the rest of the normal stuff done tonight, then the heroics tomorrow I hope.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 16:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

Grobbulus Heroic done. Also annoying. I find that I know I have the right deck to win, but the draw needs to be just right.

Edit: Gluth done. Same deal - had to re-roll the deck about 6 times before I got the draw required to win. It was immensely satisfying to put his second bullshit weapon in a museum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 19:55 
Hello Hello Hello

All bosses done on Normal and I've just got the Priest class challenge left, but I'll be honest, these things are starting to piss me off a bit now and I'm just doing them to get the cards.

I think their hero powers are getting increasingly gimmicky and even the class challenges are getting annoying.

It's irritating when a human opponent gets ridiculously good card draw against you, but at least that's against another person and they're playing by the same rules as you.

I've just had a run of total bullshit against Thaddius in the Priest class challenge to the extent that I'd be calling shenanigans if I hadn't just had the opposite happen in the Warrior challenge and beat that one with insanely good luck. (On my first try as well, ended up with a Frothing Beserker with a ridiculous attack, a handful of cards, and a hero at 30 health plus a shitload of armour.)

The ebb and flow of luck is a good match for human games, against a CPU opponent when all you want to do is unlock the cards, not so much so.

No chance I'll do all the bosses on heroic, as my patience is being tested already, to the extent that I'm glad there's only one wing left. (And as EBG has already noted, you can know for 100% sure that you've got the deck to beat a boss, but you're still at the mercy of RNG as to whether or not you get the card draw, so you can 'solve the puzzle' as it were, but then just have to wait for the roll of a dice to give you the actual win.)

All I want now is the cards so I can get back out into the proper game and try them out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 20:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

The warrior challenge is annoying me so much that i've had to give up for the night. Like you say, it's only winnable if you get lucky card draw from the start, as otherwise from about turn 6 onwards you are facing a board full of 5/6 taunts every turn.

That mechanic isn't so bad in heroics as you can tailor your deck each time to try and get a bit better, but in the challenge it's just a matter of conceding until you get a good draw, you can't do anything else. You might as well just have the challenge as a random number generator and you win when you click it and it shows 10...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 21:01 
Excellent Member

Now i'm grinding for Naxxramas or whatever the new expansion is called. I think it's quite a sneaky way to sell new cards, and putting a few AI battles in front of it doesn't change anything. All in all, i could do lots of Arenas and buy 7 packets for 700g, so it's not good value at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 21:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

Warrior challenge took half a dozen attempts at least. Priest challenge done first go...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 21:42 
ugvm'er at heart...

... and then i take down heroic Patchwerk first go as well!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 22:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

Still stuck on Thaddius. It's a real bitch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 22:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm stuck on Gluth. It's basically concede, concede, concede until you get an acidic ooze in your starting hand and he doesn't play jaws first turn...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 23:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

The major problem is the AI is fucking bullshit. Starts with two really strong minions on the board, more than 2 copies of cards, ridiculous challenge specific cards that are OP just fuck you up. Absurdly specific mechanics that are almost impossibly hard to overcome.

I'm having the best luck with Hunter here but can't stabilise before I die, over and over. So frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 23:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hey, i'm not doing too bad on this Gluth game!

Jaws, enrage, enrage...

Utter bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 23:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

Ooze, Harrison Jones, even the fucking Pirate that removes 1 durability. Priest with lightwells for healing. That's how I did it.

Thaddius.... still fucking BS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 23:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

Finally got Gluth down!

I'll save the other two for tomorrow I think...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 23:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

Done! Man, so fucking satisfying when you finally pop the cheating bastard bloody AI.

Same Hunter deck (all secrets with everything but snake trap), just somehow managed it. Alextrasza to get to 15 and I'd played Stalgg a turn before which just about kept the pressure off me. Intensely infuriating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:16 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

This is the Deck I used for Heroic Thaddius, went pretty well and didn't need Alexstraza at all

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

Basic Idea is to Mulligan for Nerubian Egg, as Thads polarity shift kills them next turn and gives you a 4/4 to kill one of his main guys that turn. Also try for a healing touch and innervate in starting hand if possible. The game I won I managed to innervate into Faceless manipulator turn 3, so copied Feurgan, then next turn was down to 12 and had Molten giant and Sunfury Protector to make a nice solid taunt wall.

So thats all the heroics apart from Frostwyrm done, have been enjoying doing them, shame it is coming to a end.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:56 
Legendary Boogeyman

Not bad. For me the hunter dream, which never happened in the end, was to place misdirect turn two and have stalgg and feugen kill each other.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

Attachment:
TUXZoEN.png

Ok guys, clearly this is the way to go. Mrlrlrlgggh!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

How the fuck are they so buffed?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's the auras that stack whenever health is switched. The buffed attack becomes the new health, the 'old' health value then gets buffed too, and so on every time they switch. With loads of applicable auras that buff attacks, this will stack quite ridiculously. As Thaddius doesn't have rush, spells that attack face, or weapons, you could literally control down the board until he dies from fatigue :D

I might give this a go later if I've got the Murlocs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Nice, will give it ago myself

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 13:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

All done :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 14:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
All done :)

details

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 14:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

Used the Murloc deck for the last guy, but it was nowhere near as easy as that pic made it look. I'm pretty certain that picture was from the non-heroic version.

Grobbulus was pretty easy with a priest deck with lightwells and inner fire etc...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 18:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

Having a terrible time in arena recently, can't get over 2 wins and had some awful card selections.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 19:01 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Having a terrible time in arena recently, can't get over 2 wins and had some awful card selections.

I haven't done an Arena run for weeks, too random and too annoying, learning that it adapts and customises your opponents to your performance really put me off it. (i.e. If you chance into a really good deck and get on a great run with it, it'll just start matching you up against other players in the same situation. And on the other hand if you get a shit no-hoper deck, it'll generally make sure you get at least a couple of games against other shit no-hoper decks before you crash out.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 20:11 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm currently 5-0 with this hunter deck, it's quite good :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Hunter is very powerful at the moment and I'm seeing it in Constructed a lot more since the Naxx cards have come out.

Webspinner is uninspiring on paper but if you think about it what you have there is a totally free card, as it replaces itself from outside of your deck, and whilst a 1/1 is crap stats it's only a 1 mana card, it's a beast so it has full hunter synergy (draws a card with the Buzzard, buffs the Hyena etc), and it can be buffed in all the usual hunter beast ways (Wolf, Houndmaster etc).

I'm also playing around with the Mad Scientist as he's an interesting way to get a secret into play, and I've settled on Loatheb as a must have card, that +5 cost on enemy spells the next turn can massively disrupt just about any deck (I hate having it played against me!).

I may try Arena again at some point but at the moment I'm happy playing with decks in Casual and then trying them out in Ranked - dropped back to Rank 12 last night on a run of some very tough games.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 17:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Absolutely ruthless in Ranked at the moment, you'd better have a fast deck or go home, basically. (I've dropped from Rank 10 to Rank 12 and I'm in serious danger of dropping down to 13, despite having this fast hunter deck.)

Not all decks are aggro/rush decks, but the meta really seems to have shifted to fast decks, almost completely off the back of the new Naxx cards.

(I wouldn't classify the hunter deck I'm using as aggro or rush, but it's certainly fast. At the end of the day once a critical mass of players move to aggro/rush, then the meta has to shift to fast decks that can counter that, and well, there you go, job done.)

I've played a lot of games today at Ranks 12 and 11 and I haven't seen a single big legendary played all day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Rank 13, it's fucking brutal out there. Ain't no such thing as an easy game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 20:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Rank 14, utter cunt of a game. Thank fuck it's Saturday night Battlefield in ten minutes or so.

They should rename it 'TEN TURNS OR LESS PER GAME HEARTHSTONE'.

Games that are lasting ten turns or more are very much in the minority.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 20:31 
Sleepyhead

I'm playing as a warrior just for the daily challenge to get 5 wins.

Loads of Hunters out there kicking my ass, but I am totally wiping out any Zoolocks. Last one got 8 minions out, 6 of which had 1 health. A frothing Bezerker and a whirlwind soon put pay to that. The next turn when I finished him off the Bezerker had 18 attack :DD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 20:33 
Hello Hello Hello

Still, this kind of ZOO ANNIHILATION sometimes make it worthwhile.

But it's been a very harsh day out in Ranked, no doubt about it. And hunters are definitely getting very much back in vogue.

TO THE BATTLEFIELD-O-TRON.

Attachment:
zookill.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Aye I haven't been paying attention for a couple of days, but I understand from Trump's stream is that this new Hunter deck is doing a fairly good job of steamrollering the competition. I believe he initially build a Warrior deck to try to counter it, full of pirates of all things, and then reverted to his own Hunter deck.

I need to catch up on quests today, busy weekend and they've stacked up.

Edit: Quests cashed, 690 gold total. Free Naxx dream will be complete.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 17:07 
Hello Hello Hello

I think I'm going to investigate some control decks, the hunter deck is fun to play but I do much prefer the more tactical and drawn out games.

There must be a viable control-style deck, especially with the new cards like that Unstable Ghoul thing and Deathlord.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 17:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Getting much better games in Casual at the moment, (not necessarily 'easier', just more interesting), it's like the folks who can't be doing with TEN TURNS OR LESS HEARTHSTONE have decided to play in Casual instead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 22:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

Haha, this game was awesome:

Murloch Warlock (they're making a comeback), and I was controlling him to a tee. I drop Alex and put him at 4, he then throws down all of his remaining Murlochs, filling the board.

I have an Armorsmith and a Frothing.... and a whirlwind in hand. I totally BM - play both of my upgrades, whirlwind, use two executes on two Murlochs, play the Pirate, throw Alex at another.

Anyway, long story short. 22/3 Frothing for the kill! :D

Attachment:
Hearthstone_Screenshot_8.17.2014.22.38.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:17 
Hello Hello Hello

I see this 'BM' abbreviation used a lot, what does it mean? To me BM means Beast Mastery which is a hunter talent tree from WoW, but I'm guessing it's not that....

Also, murloc.

That's a nice finish there for sure, I'm very wary when playing warriors of having too many minions down and/or letting them get too many minions down, those Frothing Beserkers can get out of control very quickly. (And to a lesser extent the Armorsmiths.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bad manners. Although without an actual chat window, anything anyone does will be deemed bad manners by someone!
If you say "thanks" at the end of a game, or "Well Played" some people over on Reddit consider that to be sarcastic and bad manners...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
Also, murloc.

Murloch! He's Scottish. ;)

Bad Manners indeed. Mostly I'll just pop the face and end it quickly, but if there's the opportunity for some kind of absurd combo like that, I'd like to think that's something a bit funny both players could appreciate.

If I've smashed someone and they say 'Well Played', I'll just say 'Thanks' rather than repeating it back to them, because... well, they didn't play that well ;)

Reciprocal well-playeds for close matches, and if someone is giving me shit or telling me my soul will suffer, I'll quite happily tell them that I'll crush them, or whatnot ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

Ok I can stop playing now, I don't think I'll ever get a dream like this again.

UH OH.

Attachment:
GME1.jpg

BUT WAIT.

Attachment:
GME2.jpg

HOLY FUCK.

Attachment:
GME3.jpg

</game>

The saddest part is... I went on to lose.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

You should post that on Reddit, they would cream themselves over the value of your cards :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
You should post that on Reddit, they would cream themselves over the value of your cards :D

Haha, just did! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 
ugvm'er at heart...

Have a free upvote on me :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

That's actually a really terrible Paladin deck. It's the one I was using trying to beat Heroic Thaddius, so it has silly shit in it like goldshire footmans and frostwolf grunts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 18:19 
Hello Hello Hello

I assume that board came about via the new Duplicate secret?

I'm still a bit bemused as to how he ended up with so many of them!

Also what is this Reddit thing, and how do you find all the Hearthstone stuff on there? I've never really bothered with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 18:33 
Legendary Boogeyman

Allow me to transport you to this magical world - my post there contains how it came about.

As reddit posts go, this one is doing 'fairly' well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... is_i_dont/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 21:04 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oooh, Total Domination quest pops just in time for the final wing to open, that's nice :) I had the same thing happen last wing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 21:41 
Legendary Boogeyman

I made it to 800 gold in advance, so I celebrated with a card pack. It was uneventful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 0:06 
Sleepyhead

Arena LOL. I'm a Hunter with multiple UTH, Timber Wolves and Buzzards. I manage to not 1 of those 7 cards in the game. My opponent manages to use his last card to Thoughtsteal a Wolf/UTH combo to finish me on the turn before I killed him. FFS.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 72  Next