Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 19:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
That's quite a nice deck. I can't make it as I don't have the cards (no bows and few others missing) but i've been playing with a variant of that deck and it is pretty good :)

Currently 3:0 with it against zoo :D

Surprised you're missing some of the cards though considering how many packs you've churned through! (Mind you, for one of the Naxx heroics last week I figured I could really use a couple of Sunwalkers, only to find that I had precisely zero of the bloody things! Had to craft them!)

But yes, it seems this hunter deck can work amazingly well against zoo if you get some of the lower value cards in early on, plus either of the secrets can totally fuck it up too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 19:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

I dusted my two bows when they got nerfed and were worth full dust :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:

That's rather short-sighted though, there's always the possibility that the game and classes will change around the cards, even if the cards themselves have been changed and won't change back to how they were.

This deck really is very effective, and the bow/secrets are an integral part of it, even though the bow is now in its 'nerfed' state. (As long as you can keep chaining the bow along with a secret, (and it doesn't get Oozed), it's a flat 3 damage whenever you need it.)

Off the top of my head I haven't DE-ed a single card except for goldens. (Which I always DE, everything else I do believe I've kept.)

Also, Webspinner LOLZ :D

Attachment:
webbo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

That's rather short-sighted though, there's always the possibility that the game and classes will change around the cards, even if the cards themselves have been changed and won't change back to how they were.

Not really, I could have used the dust to buy them back again at the same price if I wanted. Instead I used it to craft a rarer legendary. The bows will be back in a pack sooner than any legendary.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Not really, I could have used the dust to buy them back again at the same price if I wanted. Instead I used it to craft a rarer legendary. The bows will be back in a pack sooner than any legendary.

Oh right you mean because of the nerf you got the full dust cost back and not the normal DE cost, sorry wasn't clear on that. (Even though it is what you said :D)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 14:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

Finally killed the Heroic twat with the massive weapon. That thing is ridiculous. Pretty much the only way I found to beat him was:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
having all of the Priest steal cards and stealing the weapon for myself.

Otherwise the guy plays the weapon, smashes your taunts to oblivion, then a turn later plays the second copy of the weapon and wins immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 18:27 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Getting very bored of ranked at the moment. Every deck is either Zoo or Miracle, it's very dull.

Miracle has dropped right out of favour with the new cards, but if anything zoo has been buffed.

Ranked is a depressing and dull place to be at the moment, I'd say 50% of games are against fucking zoo.

Blizzard need to sort this shit out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 19:11 
Hello Hello Hello

Right I've made a couple of changes to that hunter deck, Maexxna and the second Highmane were pretty much dead cards, generally speaking you want it to be all over by Turn 10 or earlier, and those two just didn't fit IMO.

The guide is pretty much as per the original post at Hearthpwn, and you'll have to make your own call on whether the match-up requires board or face and when to switch between the two. Generally speaking you want to mulligan for Webspinners and Creepers, Animal Companions are good, secrets and a Bow go up in value against zoo and other aggro decks.

In the main I don't go for any grand plays with UTH/Buzzard/Hyena, and simply try to get modest utility out of them.

It's not an INSTA-MEGA-WIN deck and it doesn't have any sort of insane finish potential like freeze mage and miracle rogue, but it's a nice deck to win with.

Unfortunately the Nerubian Eggs are very popular in zoo and it can fail hard against those due to the Explosive Traps which then become a liability.

Overall though it can perform well against zoo, which is basically an absolute must at the moment in Constructed.

I'll see if I can iterate and get some mileage out of it, it'd be a shame to abandon Constructed because of Fucking Zoo.

Attachment:
hunto.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 19:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

Finally got Heroic Gothik. Definitely the hardest but finally worked it out. Very pleased!

Mage, if you were curious.

You haven't spoken much about the Naxx challenges Hearthly, are you doing them?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 22:19 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Finally got Heroic Gothik. Definitely the hardest but finally worked it out. Very pleased!

Mage, if you were curious.

You haven't spoken much about the Naxx challenges Hearthly, are you doing them?

I'm more interested in seeing how the new cards work out in Constructed TBH (even if it does appear to mean More Fucking Zoo and trying to counter that :'( ) - I did the first batch of bosses in Heroic, I'll probably polish off the lot when they're all active just to get the card back, and then never use it because I'll simply stick with the default original one forever, as that's already the rarest choice :D

The heroics are basically very unfair puzzles more than anything else, and not a huge amount to do with the actual game of Hearthstone IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 22:24 
ugvm'er at heart...

I use the rainbow back, and I suspect I always will unless an even more camp one turns up :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:02 
Sleepyhead

Just got a new quest for gold, but it was a lame one for 40, so I did as I always did and nuked it to see if I got a better one.

I didn't get a new one at all :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 
Sleepyhead

Oh, it came back as the same one later.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:18 
Hello Hello Hello

Yeah I think there's a little gap between it offering the first quest and the second quest, so if you immediately decline the first one it can look like it's disappeared.

I'm currently sat on several hundred gold but (1) Can't be arsed with Arena and (2) Don't need any cards so it's just accumulating as the days pass.

I could simply buy card packs and dust the inevitable MEGA-DUPLICATES but even if I got to 1600 dust (which I probably would) I honestly can't think of a legendary I really want at the moment, and there's nothing else I've got my eye on either.

Certainly there's nothing I'd like to put in that hunter deck that I'm lusting after.

IIRC I got to Rank 16 with the hunter deck last night, it's fairly effective, so I might see how far I can go with it, iterating as necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oooh... warlock quest today, I'll put together a zoo deck and get that done quickly.

<lose next three games on the trot>

Fucking game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Oooh... warlock quest today, I'll put together a zoo deck and get that done quickly.

<lose next three games on the trot>

Fucking game.

I got warlock today as well, (60 gold 5 wins), there are lots of cool things you can do with the new Naxx cards, Void Terror works well with the Eggs and Creepers! Taunting them up frustrates opponents too.

Currently doing alright with this deck, but you need the cards to come out in a reasonably favourable order.

Deck is still called 'Jaxxy Lock' even though I've taken him out :D

Attachment:
locko.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:12 
Sleepyhead

I had warlock quest, so put together a budget zoo deck which has been taken to legendary, and got whipped twice in a row, comfortably.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:20 
Hello Hello Hello

Good. Every loss with a zoo deck is a positive thing and makes the universe a bit of a happier place.

SHAME ON YOU FOR RUNNING WITH ONE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 
Legendary Boogeyman

I believe Warlock is my lowest level char, I virtually never play it for any reason.

Warrior this month I think, tuning up my deck with the cards I've got. It's not too bad. Just won the fatigue war against another Warrior by holding my Alextraza until the next turn of fatigue would kill me. Kept me in for long enough to wither the other guy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Actually for fun here are my level chars:

Druid: 23
Warlock: 24
Warrior: 29
Shaman:29
Hunter: 30
Mage:32
Paladin: 33
Rogue: 39
Priest: 60

Total: 296

764 Play Mode Wins, 184 Arena.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

here are my level chars:

Druid: 28
Warlock: 39
Warrior: 27
Shaman: 20
Hunter: 26
Mage: 40
Paladin: 31
Rogue: 28
Priest: 26

Total: 265

559 Play Mode Wins, 133 Arena.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:57 
ugvm'er at heart...

This is me:

Mage: 41
Druid: 31
Rogue: 30
Priest: 30
Paladin: 28
Warlock: 25
Warrior: 24
Shaman: 21
Hunter: 20

Total: 250

355 Play Mode Wins, 211 Arena.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 13:04 
Hello Hello Hello

Attachment:
statters.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 13:12 
Legendary Boogeyman

Check out fancypants with his screenshot! :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 13:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

Check out the amount of wins, no time to type anything out, he has games to play! :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 15:47 
Hello Hello Hello

Just quicker than typing it all out!

Go to stats screen, snipping tool around the relevant area, upload pic!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 17:58 
Hello Hello Hello

When this deck fires against zoo it does so in momentous form.

Turn 9 win and 26 health left (the UTH didn't actually do anything here, I played it and then realised I had lethal from the Bow and Hero Power).

I think Freezing Trap is actually more powerful than Explosive Trap, so Explosive is the one they play around, (it's quite common to see them buff a two health minion to three with the Argus, only to watch the buffed minion get returned to their hand, extra hilarity ensures when it's a Flame Imp so they have to take another three damage off it when they play it again), if you can get a Bow in there as well (which keeps getting procced by the secrets firing off) then it's happy days.

Of all the decks I've played I'd say this is possibly the best against zoo, I still don't relish the match-up, but as long as the initial draw is respectable I reckon on having a decent fighting chance, with or without the coin.

Zoo is all over the fucking place so any deck you take out into Constructed (especially Ranked) has to be a reasonable match-up against zoo.

Rank 15 at the moment.....

Attachment:
zoocrush.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:27 
Hello Hello Hello

Bullshit game against zoo.

Turn 1 - Coin > Egg
Turn 2 - Egg
Turn 3 - Dire Wolf

You can work it out from there. All over on Turn Fucking 6.

Because zoo needed buffing, yes, that's right. Poor under-represented zoo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27 
Sleepyhead

I've done that exact play.

Opponent silenced the first egg with an owl, and killed the Dire Wolf the second it appeared with a spell. I lost massively. The effect of Zoo decks being so popular is that 90% of non-zoo decks are aet up specifically to counter zoo, and they tend to do so very well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:32 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
I've done that exact play.

Opponent silenced the first egg with an owl, and killed the Dire Wolf the second it appeared with a spell. I lost massively. The effect of Zoo decks being so popular is that 90% of non-zoo decks are aet up specifically to counter zoo, and they tend to do so very well.

Unfortunately I didn't have the Owl in hand (I run this hunter deck with one), and couldn't stop him activating both of them, plus he then got them hid behind a taunt.

Then again another game I just had against zoo I managed to get an Explosive Trap out AFTER he'd activated the eggs and then stuck a couple of Hunter's Marks on the Nerubians, (normally I wouldn't use the Marks on such small minions but being zoo that's about as big as they get.....), he was then forced to wipe out his entire board :D

I've peaked at Rank 13 with this deck so far, back down to 14 now though. It doesn't do so well against druids and rogues (non-miracle), for some reason.

Unfortunately I'm off to work soon which wouldn't be my choice of how to spend a Sunday but there you go....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 17:49 
Sleepyhead

Just saw the best Paladin comeback of all time.

He has 1 health and no minions.

I have 30 health, a 10/10, a 5/5 and a 7/7 on the board. I also have a 'do five damage' card in my hand, along with two temple enforcers.

He still won, with 14 health to spare.

Wild Pyromancer into equality kills all my minions for 3 mana, heals himself with another 2 mana for 6 health, and brings out a 3/5 taunt.

From there he just tore me apart. I did no more damage and he ended up with 8 minions on the board, 14 health, and a smile on his face.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:17 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Just saw the best Paladin comeback of all time.

He has 1 health and no minions.

I have 30 health, a 10/10, a 5/5 and a 7/7 on the board. I also have a 'do five damage' card in my hand, along with two temple enforcers.

He still won, with 14 health to spare.

Wild Pyromancer into equality kills all my minions for 3 mana, heals himself with another 2 mana for 6 health, and brings out a 3/5 taunt.

From there he just tore me apart. I did no more damage and he ended up with 8 minions on the board, 14 health, and a smile on his face.

That Pyro > Equality combo is absolutely brutal, I've been on the wrong end of it a few times now, and it's so fucking cheap as well. Plus the Pyro isn't exactly a useless card all by himself.

If I'm playing against a pally now and he doesn't seem to be doing much on the board, I limit myself to two or three minions, same as against a warrior if you're wary of a Brawl coming your way. (They can also do it two ways, since most pallies run a Consecrate or two they have the option of Equalty > Consecrate or Pyro > Equality depending on what cards they have and what result they want, so it's not like there's just one thing you're watching out for like a mage with Flamestrike.)

In other news I've now hit Rank 12 with that hunter deck, it does generate some amazingly entertaining games, I've beat everything from zoo lock to hand lock to control pally to control warrior to aggro pally and so on. Don't get me wrong I'm losing plenty of games with it as well, and still learning how best to manoeuvre it around the various match-ups, but it's always an entertaining deck to play.

(Control pally played two Guardian of Kings and a Lay on Hands, so that was 50 health I had to work through, along with a Tririon Fordring!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:38 
Sleepyhead

I'm mostly just facing Hunters now. With the addition of Webspinner, the beast-synchronicity is just absurd. Every single card you carry links to another one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:43 
Sleepyhead

I paid gold for the plague quarter of Naxx. Yay!

Did the first three fights picking a random deck. Just so easy.

Then, brick wall in the Loatheb challenge. I'm dead by turn 5 each go so far. I'm hoping that's just that he is getting lucky card draw, but if not then I'm not sure what to do, as he can do 30 damage pretty easily no matter what combo you play.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:52 
Sleepyhead

Yeah, it was just down to luck. Then for the first time ever he leaves a spore out while I actually have minions alive, and he's toast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:58 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
I'm mostly just facing Hunters now. With the addition of Webspinner, the beast-synchronicity is just absurd. Every single card you carry links to another one.

Give the deck a try! It's mega-cheap (you've probably got all the cards already) and it's very interesting to play.

I used to cuss up miracle rogue something rotten until I gave it a go for myself and started to appreciate the nuances in playing it, and that hunter deck is the same sort of deal. (Although this time around I decided to jump straight in and try it out, rather than cursing it from afar!)

You could argue that hunters needed a bit of a buff after the UTH nerf left them wounded somewhat, and the Webspinner (and to a lesser extent the Creepers) give them a little bit more spice.

Make no mistake though many of the wins with it really are very hard won, especially against other mid-range and slower decks. (I've probably tipped it below mid-range to give it a better chance against zoo (taking out the second Highmane and Maexxna), and it is a 'quick' deck when it needs to be, but can hold its own against 'bigger' decks too.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 23:05 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm faffing around again, giving Druid some love after noticing it's my lowest level character.

Back up to 1050 gold, so I just need to make another 350 before a week on Tuesday which should be easy and that'll be a complete F2P Naxx.

After that I think I'll make a decent run at Arena instead of buying packs, see how I go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 23:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
I used to cuss up miracle rogue something rotten until I gave it a go for myself and started to appreciate the nuances in playing it

Today: Fucking Paladin Wild Pyro Equality CHEAP.
Next week: Hey there's more to this Paladin than I thought!

;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 23:17 
Hello Hello Hello

Today: Fucking Paladin Wild Pyro Equality CHEAP.
Next week: Hey there's more to this Paladin than I thought!

;)

Oh goody EBG's posted again. I've been missing him loads. :p

EDIT - I did actually mean 'cheap' as in mana cost, not in terms of its snidey characteristics!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 23:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
Oh goody EBG's posted again. I've been missing him loads.

You know I mean it with love :luv:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Like a gentle cockslap.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 14:38 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

This is the Mage Rush Deck I am having ridiculous success with in the game at the moment, with the current Meta no one is expecting a Rush mage.

The only matchups I encountered problems with initially were Hunter and Mage, but with some more experience and careful play I seem to be slamming them at the moment also.

The basic idea is to Mulligan everything over 2 mana to be able to get a strong board at the start and just go for the face, use the Frostbolts and arcane missiles as board removal, if your lucky and get a mana wyrm in your start deck with some of the lower cost spells your golden. Mirror Images are amazing in this deck to buy you more time. Leeroy is basicly another Fireball which no one seems to expect from a mage.

Am toying with the idea of dropping the 2 Azure Drakes and swapping them for Arcane Golums to be extra aggressive, but the card draw from them can be nice, don't seem to need the spellpower.

Just went from Rank 17 to Rank 12 with no major issues, will play it again later and see if it still holds out, but it is a amazing deck for destroying Zoo Decks and seems to be pretty solid so far.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 17:03 
ugvm'er at heart...

The Azure Drakes do seem a little slow for the deck. Maybe try replacing with Novice Engineer to get the card draw still, but also give you more turn one options.

You're pretty much fucked either way with this deck once you get into the mid-late game with no hard removal, so a 5 mana that can only hit for 4 on turn 6 if it stays alive isn't going to help you, I would have thought! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 18:16 
Hello Hello Hello

It's a rush deck, which I hate, but I'm sure it'll be effective.

Unfortunately fast decks (if not actually rush/aggro) are damn near mandatory at the moment in Ranked, which is a shame as I really enjoy the longer and more drawn out tactical games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 18:45 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Hearthly wrote:
It's a rush deck, which I hate, but I'm sure it'll be effective.

Unfortunately fast decks (if not actually rush/aggro) are damn near mandatory at the moment in Ranked, which is a shame as I really enjoy the longer and more drawn out tactical games.

I have no problem with rush games, but yes, I do wish the slower decks were more viable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:25 
Legendary Boogeyman

Still playing with my Warrior. Grommash would be nice but you can't have everything.

It fairs poorly against Handlock but with half-decent draw I can usually pummel zoo before he kills me. I'll keep at it for a while but I'm still only doing 4-5 games a day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 18:11 
Hello Hello Hello

Couple of stomps with the hunter deck so far this evening.

On the left miracle rogue concedes on Turn 6, I just gave him nothing whatsoever on the board to work with, sticking to spells, secrets and weapons, so he couldn't combo shit up. Clearly he mustn't have drawn into an Auctioneer, concede, game over. (He was down to 8 health, and I had a secret and an axe up, so he knew he wasn't winning that one.)

On the right zoo lock gets fucking destroyed, my health is AFTER he's played his turn (so he got the charge in with the Doomguard, the Molten Giant he's just played), even if he'd taunted it up it wouldn't have mattered as I had the Kill Command and Hero Power to finish him off. All over on Turn 7.

Another satisfying win was against a rushy type mage, the great thing with this hunter deck is you can generally keep the board clear early game, so he didn't have chance to hide his Knife Jugglers and Mana Wyrms behind the Mirror Images.

Rank 11 and one win off Rank 10!

Attachment:
hunterdestro.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 18:39 
Hello Hello Hello

Yay Rank 10 on the next game and it was against zoo LOLZ. Check out what this poor fucker was left with :D

I do love destroying zoo.

Maybe Rank 9 or better is possible this season.....

Attachment:
tenno.JPG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 0:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

Military Quarter is open.

Did the Normals and Class challenges in about an hour. I suspect the Heroics will, as ever, be a ball-ache but I'll get to that tomorrow. I hastily refined one deck to beat the Normal Patchwerk, but otherwise my generic decks won the day, Priest mostly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Military Quarter is open.

Did the Normals and Class challenges in about an hour. I suspect the Heroics will, as ever, be a ball-ache but I'll get to that tomorrow. I hastily refined one deck to beat the Normal Patchwerk, but otherwise my generic decks won the day, Priest mostly.

Don't you mean The Construct Quarter?

It'll be interesting to see how the new cards work out, Zombie Chow has insane stats for a 1 drop and I'm not sure the negative Deathrattle makes up for it, especially if you silenced it before it died.

Undertaker could be a powerful one too.

The new legendaries look like they could be a bit too fiddly to get to go off IMO.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 72  Next