Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 14:16 
Sleepyhead

One thing that annoys me about Patron Warrior is the slowness of the animation. I have had several turns where I have missed out on damage to an opponent because of how slowly the new Patrons spawn. I can have all the necessary clicks done around the start of the hurry up animation, but after a Death's Bite rattle, it can take 20 seconds to run through the effects! They need to sort that shit out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 14:26 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
One thing that annoys me about Patron Warrior is the slowness of the animation. I have had several turns where I have missed out on damage to an opponent because of how slowly the new Patrons spawn. I can have all the necessary clicks done around the start of the hurry up animation, but after a Death's Bite rattle, it can take 20 seconds to run through the effects! They need to sort that shit out.

Just make sure you've dragged everything that you need to before the rope runs out and all moves will get made. You don't have to wait for the Death's Bite/Whirlwind effects to finish, just drag the Frothings (or whatever) onto the enemy's face (or whatever), and the moves will be queued up.

I had a finisher of about 26 damage the other day, there was no way I was going to add it all up in time so I just made sure I'd dragged everything before I roped out, the Frothings ended up delivering their killer blows long past the point at which the turn would have ended normally. In that regard it was a bit of a punt because I couldn't wait for the Whirlwind to finish to see if I actually had lethal, but that's part of the fun of the deck IMO :D As it turned out the Frothings were 17 + 17 so I was way over the 26 required.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 14:28 
Sleepyhead

Yeah, but if you're relying on a group of Patrons too, then you can't drag them until they are created, and they're created too bloody slowly!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 15:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Yeah, but if you're relying on a group of Patrons too, then you can't drag them until they are created, and they're created too bloody slowly!

Ahhh right yes you do need to get to a certain point in the turn's evolution to be able to get everything queued up. (Your example there would be one of those.)

TBH if I have one of those turns in front of me I generally just go for it and hope for the best, I'd rather put together a flawed finisher attempt than simply run out of time so I never even get the chance to try. It drives me nuts when I'm watching Trump play and he thinks about it for so long that he clearly isn't going to have time to try and do everything before he ropes out, and I'm like, 'At least if you'd just gone for it there's a chance that you could have won.....'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 15:42 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

One of the things to look for is the green glow around the outline of the character - they are controllable from that point (even if the animations have not finished playing) - i do think it gives you a little extra time at the end of the rope if animations are still going but it can be quite frustrating (the 'whiz whiz' of a frothing or an armorsmith also seems to take forever but at least for them you can just drag the character and 'go' regardless of what it says on screen)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 22:00 
Sleepyhead

Hey, my daily quest is to win 3 matches as a Druid, for 50 gold.

Be this new?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 22:46 
8-Bit Champion

Must be - the new patch (3.0) went live earlier but i'd already done my daily quest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 23:43 
8-Bit Champion

New quests are :

"Win 3 games with x class" (50g) and "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" (60g)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 23:52 
8-Bit Champion

And you can see the tournament cards in 'crafting mode' - but cant craft them ..... and your 'chest' for highest level shows in your stats page

Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-08-18 23.52.27.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
New quests are :

"Win 3 games with x class" (50g) and "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" (60g)

Hmmm, so are they the only quests now, or are there more in the list that we just haven't seen yet?

I guess the 50G one averages out to the same as the 40/60s, but I'll be a bit upset if the 100 has disappeared.

Nice to see the Tavern Brawls getting some quest recognition though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Hmmm, so are they the only quests now, or are there more in the list that we just haven't seen yet?

These are 'new' quests there is nothing else to say others have been removed - and my quest for today was a typical 40 'do 100 damage' which i bounced to a 'win 2 games with ...' for 40 (which i then did) so the old quests are there but there are 2 extra quests which you may get.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 16:30 
8-Bit Champion

Tavern Brawl with the Tournament cards is now live - its 2 pre-set decks , I had the Hunter/Jousting set and won my first game with a lucky 'unleash the hounds' at the end when they were on 17 health and i was down to 3 :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 18:53 
Hello Hello Hello

Fun brawl and nice to get a play with the new cards, looking forward to the full release and for the new Constructed decks.

And a decent incentive to stay in Ranked play now with the Treasure Chest system.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

Wouldn't be so bad if the Mage deck didn't completely own the Hunter about 85% of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 13:08 
8-Bit Champion

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Wouldn't be so bad if the Mage deck didn't completely own the Hunter about 85% of the time.

The mage deck has all the 'inspire' cards , and if they get a few of those down your stuck ( power does double damage / use hero power as much as you want / hero power costs 1) , the thing is to identify those cards and get rid of them - charging rino / the horsemen cards (with charge if you win the joust) , or UTH with a wolf card have worked well for me.

I've won a few times with both and right now I find the hunter deck easier , its just a case of keeping their side of the board down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 13:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

I don't actually think flame lance is all that bad. It's been handy in this brawl anyway. I really like the 5/9 beast. Lock and load is doomed to suck for Hunters. Nice idea but impossible to pull off competitively.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 13:36 
8-Bit Champion

I don't actually think flame lance is all that bad. It's been handy in this brawl anyway. I really like the 5/9 beast. Lock and load is doomed to suck for Hunters. Nice idea but impossible to pull off competitively.

I've had a few good ones its really down to luck though - getting that out and then getting low point hunter spells as your 'bonus' so they chain together.

I also had some luck with the 5 point 'if you have a beast summon another beast' card *especially* with the Rino down as you have the potential for some big cards with charge (I got King Krush the first time i played it and got 'the beast' another time when i had the Rino)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 14:41 
Legendary Boogeyman

King Krush has charge anyway ;) but yes, however that would be a 10 mana combo and the rhino seldom survives the previous turn in constructed. So maybe it's good, or maybe on turn 10 you have a 2/5 charger, and a 1/1 charging webspinner from the wrangler dude.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 13:13 
Hello Hello Hello

THE GRAND TOURNAMENT launches tomorrow!

I've just this moment tipped over to 4500 gold so that'll be 45 packs tomorrow, as today's quest is done and I won't be earning more than another 10/20 gold through normal wins today, as MAME beckons. (6825 dust in the bank too, if I don't get that new Warrior legendary out of my packs I'm sure as hell going to craft him. He is going to be awesome in Control Warrior.)

STATS WISE eight weeks of saving yielding 4500 gold equals 562 gold per week which isn't too bad, especially considering I've been playing the game at a lower rate of knots than I used to.

I've watched Trump and Kripp's final reviews and for sure there's a lot of shit in the expansion, but at the same time plenty of solid cards and a handful of really good ones too.

EXCITEMENT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 16:26 
Sleepyhead

A lot of gimmicky stuff in the cards I played with in Tavern Brawl, but I shall get 12 or so packs and then see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 20:00 
Legendary Boogeyman

The brawl demonstrates how shit some of the cards are, particularly since the decks are really shit, totally inconsistent and really slow. Obviously a constructed deck will be a lot better but this isn't going to change the game. Some things will be swapped out, others not. I don't think a joust or inspire deck is actually going to be better, but there are a few cards that'll jiggle the meta up a bit.

50 packs waiting to be opened and gold for maybe 12 more. Ho-hum.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 18:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

TGT is released, and predictably it's impossible to log in because the fucking morons still haven't learned not to release at prime time without pre-warming for this level of load. Still.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 18:40 
8-Bit Champion

TGT is released, and predictably it's impossible to log in because the fucking morons still haven't learned not to release at prime time without pre-warming for this level of load. Still.

:this:

Battlenet cant launch - your in a queue - please wait

Try to launch Hearthstone - sorry there was a problem please try again

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 18:45 
8-Bit Champion

Been like this for maybe 10 minutes or so

Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-08-24 18.43.40.png

And not really sure this is true 'breaking news'

Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-08-24 18.44.33.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 19:00 
Hello Hello Hello

I am going to watch the final Trump video where he quickly ranks all the cards in the expansion, to give me an idea what to look out for when I open my 45 packs.

Maybe by the time it's finished the game will be working :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYs3dsX7i0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 19:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

50 Pack Opening Summary:

70% of Unique Cards
61% of playable cards

4 Legendaries: Eadric the Pure, Wilfred Fizzlebang, Nexus-Champ Saraad, Bolf Ramshield (Golden)
12 Epics

Duplicates for disenchanting:

14 Rare, 82 Common. Dust 690 Total.

Additional 11 Packs bought with gold:

Now 74% Unique, 68 Playable.

1 Legendary: Justicar Trueheart

Duplicates: 4 Rare, 34 Common.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 19:33 
Legendary Boogeyman

HahahahahaahaHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Just fucking *destroyed* a face hunter deck with my Shaman. Healing wave for 14 to take me back to 30 health, then dropped Totem Golem and Dranenei Totemcarver (as a 6/6) and he conceded. Hahahaha, *fuck you* Hunter, fuck you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 19:58 
Hello Hello Hello

There are a lot of good anti-aggro tools in there, and Shaman in particular has got some (much needed) loving.

The death of Face Hunter would please me greatly.

I'm currently working my through my 45 packs, but there's a lag of about 30 seconds on each open until the server tells me what's in them....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 20:04 
Legendary Boogeyman

Yeah, same for me. Bloody annoying. It'll take a day or two for it to act sensibly.

I bought another 2 packs with gold. Only 2 new cards. That'll be the standard from now on I expect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 20:31 
Hello Hello Hello

45 packs = 225 cards

DUPES:

68 common
10 rare

for 540 dust

NEW CARDS:

Druid - 9
Hunter - 8
Mage - 9
Paladin - 12
Priest - 8
Rogue - 12
Shaman - 10
Warlock - 11
Warrior - 11
Neutral - 55

EDIT - Just fixed the numbers above.

THREE LEGENDARIES:

Varian Wrynn (yay!)
Aviana (OK)
Anuib'arak (boo)

Decent smattering of epics and rares, but a few gaps in there too, specifically for Control Hunter (which should now be a viable deck) and also for Midrange Shaman (which should also now be a thing) - but fortunately most of the key cards for those are common/rare with just a couple of epics, and I have plenty of dust to craft them.

Quite fancy giving a new Shaman deck a whirl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 20:51 
Hello Hello Hello

Gah fuck this can't even move around the deck creation screens and suchlike without it lagging to fuck.

I think I'll leave actually playing it until tomorrow.

Another masterful launch from Blizzard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 20:58 
Sleepyhead

Can't even get in to open packs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 21:20 
8-Bit Champion

Opened 39 packs before I picked up a Legendary but ended up with 3 in the last 10

Eadric The Pure
DreadScale
Sky'cap'n'Krag

New cards :

6 Druid
10 Hunter
6 Mage
7 Paladin
10 Priest
7 Rouge
9 Shamen
6 Warlock
6 Warrior
34 Neutral

6 Dupe Rares (120 dust)
84 Dupe commons (420 dust)

I have gold for another 23 or so packs but its too slow to do anything with right now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 21:47 
Sleepyhead

I got a legendary who takes damage instead of your hero.

That initially seems of limited value, but I suppose it's almost a heal + body out there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 22:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

Yeah I've given up for the day at least until Blizzard gets their act together.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 22:18 
Excellent Member

pfff...couldn't play even a single day today due to traffic, which made me even more eager to play.

I'm annoyed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 22:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Looks like they've given up for now.

By 'emergency maintenance' what they actually mean is 'We'll just turn it off for a day whilst the initial surge of demand settles down a bit'.

In future when I turn a server off I'll say I'm performing emergency maintenance on it.

'But all you've done is turn it off!'

'Emergency maintenance, if you please.'

EDIT - And it's not a fucking emergency anyway, as an emergency is something unexpected. That'd be like saying 50,000* people turning up to watch the Cup Final at Wembley is an emergency, as if no one could have predicted it.

* I have no idea whatsoever how many people go to Wembley to watch the cup final so I just pulled a number out of my arse.

Attachment:
emergency.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 20:38 
Legendary Boogeyman

Beat another face Hunter after healing for no less than 37 during the game with my Shaman. FUCK YOU HUNTER.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 21:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Beat another face Hunter after healing for no less than 37 during the game with my Shaman. FUCK YOU HUNTER.

What Shaman deck are you running? I'm still tweaking mine with variable results. (Just put one together myself with the new cards, rather than netdecking.)

Somewhat annoyingly, I haven't faced a Hunter yet!

Attachment:
totty.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 21:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's a random mish-mash I'm trying with pretty much every new card I got. I actually think ancestral knowledge is a good card, you just don't play it on turn 2. Turn 10 you topdeck it for two cards, and who the fuck cards about overload 2? Two in my deck. Fuck what the streamers say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 
Legendary Boogeyman

Another fucking face hunter beaten. It helped that he was an idiot (as are all face hunters), played two healbots and got both returned with freezing traps for 32 healing, and won a healing wave for a total of 46. I wonder how long it'll take for these thick twats playing this cheapass deck to fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 15:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 18:16 
Hello Hello Hello

I think describing them as 'niche' would be overstating the likelihood of them affecting many games..... :) The guy has obviously gone out of his way there to try all sorts of weird interactions.

Certainly some things to be sorted out though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 19:23 
Hello Hello Hello

It's right twatty of Blizzard to introduce these 'WIN THREE GAMES AS CLASS X' quests without increasing the number of deck slots. It was hard enough to maintain a full spectrum of decks to be able to complete any quests when it was 'WIN TWO/FIVE GAMES AS CLASS X OR Y', but it was at least possible to have more than one deck for a couple of classes and still have all the possibilities covered.

Now there are nine possible deck requirements to complete a quest and, erm, only nine deck slots.

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD FOR BLIZZARD TO SORT OUT? MORE DECK SLOTS. BASTARDS.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 17:50 
Sleepyhead

I just keep one of each deck, like most people.

If you desperately need a second deck from one class then it is surely the work of a few seconds to set it up.

I agree that more would be nice, but I've personally never felt particularly restricted.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 23:27 
Hello Hello Hello

Open your chests!

For Rank 11 I got two golden cards (a common and a rare), 40 dust, and the season card back.

I decided to have a little crack at Ranked today and was motoring along, one game off Rank 10 and then hit the most appalling losing streak down to Rank 12 and was one more loss off Rank 13 >:( Decided Rank 11 was as good as it'd get for the month at that point :D

The chest isn't earth-shattering stuff but it's another little goody that's been added to the game, the golden cards aren't soulbound either so you can just dust them if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 23:37 
Sleepyhead

I was on 14, but hadn't really played much in Ranked. Will see what that gets me tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 0:07 
8-Bit Champion

14 got me :

Gold Frigid snobold (common)
Gold Eaglehorn Bow (rare)
10 dust
and the card back

Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-09-01 00.06.15.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 
Legendary Boogeyman

Let's see, rank 10 got me two gold commons (Silence, Tinkers), a gold rare (Powermace), card back and 5 dust.

Since my objective is not a gold collection, just a complete one, this might as well just be all dust.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 20:07 
8-Bit Champion

This weeks Tavern Brawl - make your own deck and the mana goes up from 1 , 3 , 5 , 7, 9 , 10 for each turn

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 72  Next