Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread (title changed ... again!)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Was having a lot of fun on the American servers last night, 10/3 on arena followed by a epic win streak on ranked. Americans do seem to be ALOT worse on arena.

Beat 3 murloc decks in a row along with some on others and hit Rank 14. Mage deck seems to be able to stay on top of the Murloc hoard now, have they been nerfed? Or have my skillz increased? Will let you know when I manage to tank back to 20 tonight :D

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

Old video - power word shield hasn't given +3 health for ages.

Christ, annoying accents on those Americans, and they spend two minutes explaining what is an incredibly basic behaviour before even starting. They mince on about it, torturously, the entire time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Old video - power word shield hasn't given +3 health for ages.

Christ, annoying accents on those Americans, and they spend two minutes explaining what is an incredibly basic behaviour before even starting. They mince on about it, torturously, the entire time.

Still found it funny. And with the dislike of american accents I would have thought you would be trouncing the Yanks in glee on the American servers

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:25 
Legendary Boogeyman

Can't be arsed to build up another collection on a separate server, just to score some easy wins against Americans who barely have the cognisance to use a mouse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 14:09 
ugvm'er at heart...

Heh, just lost to a murloc rush deck in arena. That's a pretty ballsy card choice to try and build!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 15:09 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hmmm... Something I have noticed, the games around the 20-18 rank are harder and you often come up against people with legendaries. Yet once you get to 17 and above, it's relatively easy until you get closer to single figures.

Have you noticed that every so often you start a game and the other person immediately quits? I expect those are shit players with good cards, who are purposefully dropping to the bottom of the ranking, so they can beat up on the people with much fewer good cards. I can't see any other reason for it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 15:32 
Legendary Boogeyman

From what I understand, some people deliberately hang down in the 18-20 rank when mining for gold. With a decent deck and superior experience you can trash players at that level quickly, and so complete your daily quests a lot easier than if you try to grind it out against the top-rankers who are more your level.

I see the logic in that, though I'd never feel it necessary to do it myself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 18:32 
Hello Hello Hello

How many Flamestrikes do you guys run with in Constructed on your mage decks.

Trump got to Legend with 1 (after having run with 2 for a while), sometimes I really wish I (a) Had two in there anyway and (b) Had the better opportunity to at least get one of them when I want it. Losing against a rush deck before seeing the Flamestrike I know is in there being dealt to me is soooooo annoying.

But at the same time I look at the rest of the deck and wonder what the hell I'd take out to make room for the extra Flamestrike.

I've lost the Big Game Hunter to let the Earthen Ring Farseer back in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 18:44 
ugvm'er at heart...

This is my current mage deck

mage 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 20:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Another incredibly frustrating session, the number of decks I'm coming up against now that aren't what I'd call 'gimmick' decks as such, but just 100% focused on a certain style

SHAMAN - Maxing out on overload and alternating with 'normal' turns, so overload to fuck you up, which takes your turn to come back from, then they get a normal turn in, then another overload to fuck you up again, rinse wash repeat.

ROGUE - Combo shit, time and time again, chaining that shadowstep thing (think it's that) with the SI3 or whatever it is, just endless free goes basically. I know they're rogues and that, but there are so many fucking slippery things they can do.

HUNTER - Yeah we know already. Very secret heavy it seems to me with the usual combos on cheap cards.

WARLOCK - Murlocs, yeah, cheers.

And so on, it's a relief just to get a game that isn't against a one-trick-pony deck, TBH.

Funnily enough it's possibly priests that are bothering me the least at the moment.

Still absolutely cannot get past Rank 15.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 20:26 
Hello Hello Hello

A better day today and I've upped my game a bit, Rank 14 Two Star at the moment and the main change I've made is to really, REALLY think about what my opponent may have in his hand and what he might do next, and what his plans are, as well as my own plans.

I know this has been covered earlier in the thread so I'm very late to the party in that regard, and of course it's no guarantee of success, but it has improved things.

I was pretty good against the classes I knew best (mage and druid specifically), as I've played those fairly extensively myself, but was progressively weaker against classes I've played less or hardly at all, I had a real weak spot for shamans and rogues.

Haven't played them any more myself, but have been watching what they do as my opponents a lot more closely, so I'm starting second-guess them a lot better than I was before.

In particular have managed to beat down the hunter and shaman decks that have been giving me so much trouble, in the case of hunters just don't get any number of minions on the board, (unless you're lured two of those summon the hounds cards out of them in which case go nuts), and in the case of shamans just sort of 'roll' with the overload shit they can pull.

Still getting frustrated by rogues but starting to get my head around them better.

Either way I felt like chucking my laptop out of the window last night, and then setting fire to it. I feel more sanguine this evening.

However Hearthstone will have to wait for now as it time for BF4 with the chaps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 23:07 
Sleepyhead

Entered the arena and drew a Warlock deck. I've largely gone with Arenavalue, but somewhat foolishly it is a deck that draws the hell out of itself, and doesn't have anything over a cost of 5. And isn't a rush deck.

Oops.

Despite this, I managed to win my first game. I looked doomed as he was still on over 20 when I ran out of cards to draw, but I had a decent few in my hand and got them out to overwhelm him just in time.

So, time to go and lose some!

:D

This is quite fun even when losing, so I should be okay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 0:27 
Sleepyhead

Won a second game quite easily, and then got annihilated by a perfect Hunter deck.

He was down to two cards and in trouble; I had several minions. Buzzard thing and Call the Hounds, which allowed him to draw... Buzzard and Hounds again! All my powerful minions dead, him with about 8 more cards, game over. He must have loved drawing that deck as he did it; every minion was a beast, at least two buzzards and at least two hounds. Ouch.

Nice to see something with such synergy in arena though, and definitely karmic payback for the previous game in which I drew perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 0:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Won a second game quite easily, and then got annihilated by a perfect Hunter deck.

He was down to two cards and in trouble; I had several minions. Buzzard thing and Call the Hounds, which allowed him to draw... Buzzard and Hounds again! All my powerful minions dead, him with about 8 more cards, game over. He must have loved drawing that deck as he did it; every minion was a beast, at least two buzzards and at least two hounds. Ouch.

Nice to see something with such synergy in arena though, and definitely karmic payback for the previous game in which I drew perfectly.

I generally have two minions maximum down when playing against a hunter now, maybe three if I really I think it'll let me get the drop on him.

Once they get to 5 mana they can basically swarm the board with that horrible cheap card combo thing they can do.

I'm doing a lot better against hunters since I started to really hold back against them, once you've decided they're not a rush deck, just try to control them down, plus their secrets are predictable in the main as well.

Not my favourite class to play against but in the main I reckon I can grasp what they're capable of in advance and how to play a bit ahead of the curve.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:26 
Sleepyhead

Yeah, I'm not as aware of that kind of stuff as I should be, but I'm only a casual player.

Went 4-3 in the end, with a weird deck with only one or two rare cards, and that's as well as I did with a stack of legendaries and epics.

The last deck I played was the ultimate in being death or glory. Three Alarm-o-bots, each calling in a 7 or higher card. Ouch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 19:12 
Hello Hello Hello

I've been stuck at Rank 14 for about three or four days now.

Every time I win a couple on the trot and I'm one away from the streak to get me up to Rank 13, it gives me a game it's damn near impossible to win, I've had it so many times now it's really getting tiresome.

Have dropped down to Rank 15 once, then back up to 14 again, was stuck at 14 all night last night over the course of around ten games.

Still playing with the Trump Mage deck. My insanely bad run of not drawing the Flamestrike when I need it continues, and then of course it appears in my hand in the deal at the start of the next game, against an opponent I'd never need to Flamestrike in a million years.

I also hate going first now, even though I've got a fair distribution of low-value cards in my deck, but I think the coin + extra card gives massively more flexibility. (Had a run of going first six times on the trot last night, and it's harder work to win those games.)

AND YET DESPITE ALL THAT PISSING AND MOANING it's basically the only game I'm playing.

So it must be doing something right...... :DD :blown:

Oh yes I have totally got the drop on hunters now, to the extent that I actually look forward to playing them. Warlocks I don't mind as long as they're not playing the Cunt Murloc deck (not too keen on the giants deck either), Priests I can usually handle OK, shamans I'm maybe 50/50 with, warriors are easy if you can keep them locked down with freezes. Druids and pallies I'm alright-ish against but they're usually a good game so I don't mind losing, rogues I fucking hate with all that slippery shit they can pull, dealing the same card over and over and combos and stuff.

Mages are generally a solid game too.

Total spend remains at £1.99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 21:45 
Hello Hello Hello

Yay Rank 13.

Bloody hell there are no easy games when you get up to this sort of rank though are there?......

Just had an absolutely epic struggle against a shammy, I won in the end but we were both nearly out of cards and it was a real control sort of game from start to finish.

Great fun but almost quite draining at the same time, the concentration required at certain points is borderline alarming :nerd:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 22:19 
Legendary Boogeyman

AE did you open a Deathwing from a card pack just now? The game appeared to announce it to me?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 23:12 
Hello Hello Hello

AE did you open a Deathwing from a card pack just now? The game appeared to announce it to me?

Yeah I got a Deathwing earlier this evening, but he's not a very good legendary really.

I do however now have four pretty crappy legendaries that I can DE for 400 dust each which will make a total of 1600 dust, so I can then craft a legendary I actually want! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 23:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

Christ, I never get legendaries in my packs! But I rarely have much to disenchant, so I guess I'm slowly but surely completing the set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 23:37 
Rude Belittler

I've tried this... I don't know what I'm doing, I've only won one game in multiplayer. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:19 
Hello Hello Hello

Christ, I never get legendaries in my packs! But I rarely have much to disenchant, so I guess I'm slowly but surely completing the set.

TBH if you look at the legendaries (both class specific and neutral), a lot of them are very underwhelming in constructed, unless you're specifically matching them to a class, deck, and play style.

There's nothing stopping me disenchanting the four crappy ones I have for 1600 dust, which is enough to craft any legendary in the game that I desire, and I'm honestly hard pushed to find one that I really want.

Certainly the mage class legendary is a very bad fit for the Trump deck so I'm not going to bother with that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:39 
ugvm'er at heart...

Ragnaros is probably the best generic legendary.

I couldn't dust cards that weren't duplicates though, no matter bad they are. <shudder> :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:45 
Excellent Member

Just re-installed and back dabbling with HS after a period of absence due to boredom. Up to level 10 now.

As for Rag - yup, I'd go for him too. He's in my moderately-modified Trump deck.

Oh, and I still despise Priests and their thieving ways. I'd rather play against ANY aggro deck rather than an annoying Priest. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:49 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Ragnaros is probably the best generic legendary.

I couldn't dust cards that weren't duplicates though, no matter bad they are. <shudder> :D

Yeah Ragnaros is pretty tasty but even then he's incredibly vulnerable to stuff like Hex and Poly, on top of that you can RNG against him quite effectively by simply making sure you have a lot of crap minions out, increasing the chance he fireballs one of them instead of anything important.

In a lot of circumstances I think I'd rather have a Boulderfist out, which costs 2 less mana, is less situational, less RNG-ey, and more controllable.

My favourite move against Ragnaros is to Faceless him and then Poly. The Faceless is a really solid card IMO, even if the enemy doesn't play anything you want to Faceless you can always just Faceless one of your better minions for yourself.

As for dusting the legendaries yeah I haven't done it yet with any of mine :D If there was a 'must have' legendary then I would, but as it stands there's nothing that I think 'Oooohh I really need one of them in my deck'.

Just hit Rank 12 myself which is my best yet, although I'm getting scared to play any more games now in case I start dropping down again :hat:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 18:13 
Hello Hello Hello

Four_Candles wrote:
Just re-installed and back dabbling with HS after a period of absence due to boredom. Up to level 10 now.

As for Rag - yup, I'd go for him too. He's in my moderately-modified Trump deck.

Can you post your deck please?

I keep thinking I'd like to tweak the Trump deck myself, but I'm always at a loss to decide on a card I'm prepared to take out....

I'm running with the final iteration of it that he got to Legend status with.

Attachment:
freemage.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 19:38 
Hello Hello Hello

What the fuck are you supposed to do against shamans that just overload all the time?

They're just about the only play style I properly can't get on top of.

Got to Rank 11, now back down at 12 thanks to a fucking rogue, a fucking shaman, and a fucking shaman again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 22:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

My singular point of pride is that I'm ranking with a Priest, which seemingly nobody does, and the deck is my own. I haven't copied anyone else and the refinements are mine :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 22:37 
ugvm'er at heart...

Apparently the ipad version is out worldwide :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 23:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's a little bit jerky on an iPad 3 but playable.
Free card pack for playing your first game on an iPad though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevange ... new-cards/

Curse of Naxxramas is on its way...soon... maybe...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 20:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
It's a little bit jerky on an iPad 3 but playable.
Free card pack for playing your first game on an iPad though!

ZOMG how damn good is this game on an iPad!

Installed it on Mrs AE's iPad Air and obviously played my game out for a free pack, it's absolutely perfect! All of a sudden sitting in front of a PC playing this game, or in bed with a laptop on my knees seems a bit prehistoric.

I can see me buying an Air for myself just to play this game, I really can. I could play it at lunch at work using my phone as a WiFi hotspot :D

It was obviously designed as a touch game from the off, but I'm still a bit surprised at just how 'right' it feels with a little tablet in your hand and simply swiping around to do everything.

One thing I did notice though is that even on the Air it runs in what would be the 'low' setting for the PC version (no shadows or lighting effects going on, and there are no graphics options), and even then it's not 100% totally smooth. Entirely playable of course, but I'm a bit surprised that the Air defaults to what would be 'low' with no choices.

Would be interested to see it running on an iPad2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 22:20 
Excellent Member

Apparently the performance on anything but an iPad Air and 4th gen iPads is very variable - those two apparently run it just great, but all other iPads have various problems: slowdown, dropped frames, assorted graphics corruption, etc.

Have also read a lot of reports from people having problems with selecting cards and minions and some of that being awkward and counter-intuitive. Must admit that I largely despise touch-screens, particularly for gaming (fingers and hands get in the way, no tactile feedback, etc) but that's a discussion for another thread. :) Give me a keyboard and mouse any day. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 22:48 
Hello Hello Hello

Four_Candles wrote:
Apparently the performance on anything but an iPad Air and 4th gen iPads is very variable - those two apparently run it just great, but all other iPads have various problems: slowdown, dropped frames, assorted graphics corruption, etc.

That'll be interesting then as I've recommended it to a couple of friends that have iPad2s, TBH I was surprised at how it ran on the Air in that whilst it was a perfect touch game and was great to play, they'd clearly knocked all the graphics options down to low and it still wasn't exactly the silky smooth experience I was used to.

Quote:
Have also read a lot of reports from people having problems with selecting cards and minions and some of that being awkward and counter-intuitive. Must admit that I largely despise touch-screens, particularly for gaming (fingers and hands get in the way, no tactile feedback, etc) but that's a discussion for another thread. :) Give me a keyboard and mouse any day. :)

I found it all very intuitive after a quick acclimatisation phase as to how it'd gone 100% touch as opposed to keyboard and mouse, I'd definitely prefer to be sat in bed playing it on iPad than with a laptop warming my bollocks :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:49 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/11/blizzards-hearthstone-gets-single-player-adventure-mode-30-new-cards/

Curse of Naxxramas is on its way...soon... maybe...

Looking forward to that - lots of new cards that will no doubt form every deck for a while from sheer novelty.

Saving up my gold now I can unlock everything for free - I'm still not spending a penny on this!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 13:41 
Hello Hello Hello

Looking forward to that - lots of new cards that will no doubt form every deck for a while from sheer novelty.

Saving up my gold now I can unlock everything for free - I'm still not spending a penny on this!

Yeah I'll be all over this, don't mind spending some real money for each wing of the expansion either, even though it's sort of buying cards with the guaranteed legendaries, but if they're doing a proper single player campaign element then that seems fair enough.

I can understand some people wearing their 'haven't spent a penny' badges with pride, but it's a non-issue for me given how damn good the game is, and how amazingly fairly Blizz have implemented the F2P model compared to, oohhhh, just about every other games company in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 14:36 
Legendary Boogeyman

There are a couple of reasons not to pay. One is the fact that getting this amount of gameplay for nothing is great, but also the fact I haven't just bought 30 card packs to fill my collection gives me something left to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 15:14 
Hello Hello Hello

There are a couple of reasons not to pay. One is the fact that getting this amount of gameplay for nothing is great, but also the fact I haven't just bought 30 card packs to fill my collection gives me something left to do.

Oh for sure, like I said I'm not criticising, and indeed I've only spent £1.99 myself (in the beta to get the legendary which turned out to be awful anyway, albeit quite comical :D), buying Arena entries or packs of cards doesn't sit right with me somehow.

However if they're moving onto a proper single player campaign type of deal then it seems perfectly appropriate to pay for that rather than grind out the gold for it, as that's paying for 'game' rather than 'cards' which for me at least is a big difference.

For packs of cards and Arena entries I'm happy to stick to spending the gold that I earn for quests/cheevos/victories.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 17:25 
Hello Hello Hello

Really nasty variation on the Hunter Cunter Unleash The Hounds play seems to be gaining traction.

Even if you limit yourself to two minions in play, they chuck down a Leroy Jenkins which gives you two whelps on your side, to make a total of four minions, they then get four hounds with charge AND the Leroy with charge.

I hate playing against gimmick decks, there's just no fun to the game as you know they're all about looking for one single play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 18:23 
Hello Hello Hello

WHY I FUCKING HATE FUCKING PRIESTS CHAPTER ONE FUCKING MILLION:

Typical twat priest play to start with, we're all aware of that.

He's also done a Thoughtsteal thing to steal two cards from my deck.

Then at two ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL junctures in the game he plays two of the situationally best mage cards in the game against me.

#1 - He's got a polymorph out of my deck. I have two of them in my deck, I have zero of them to play (and I've really been wanting one to take out his giant). He's stolen one and he plays it against a key minion.

#2 - With Plan A scuppered I need to go all out, so I get a decent number of minions out, take down his giant (he appears to be playing some kind of weird priest control giant deck). The ABSOLUTE WORST POSSIBLE CARD IN THE WORLD he could have to play against me at that moment in time is a Flamestrike. Guess what the second card he stole out of my deck was.....

Fucking hate priests.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Run from hell last night, back down to Rank 14.

I kept playing 'one more game' thinking that surely I'd start to have a better time of it, but if anything things just went from bad to worse, then I started getting reckless with my mulligans at the start of the game and also more reckless in the game as well, going for 'lethal' plays when I knew it wouldn't win me the game and that sort of thing.

It can't be any coincidence that since getting somewhat addicted to Hearthstone I've basically stopped playing online slots, there's something about it that appeals to a gambler's psyche I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 
Hello Hello Hello

That Leeroy > Hounds combo is properly starting to get on my tits.

You can't get too many minions out against a hunter for obvious reasons, which means you get off to a slow start damage wise until you can get some bigger minions out. (I basically limit myself to two minions with a hunter.)

Problem is that they've got that flat 2 damage output against your hero every turn which always chips away, and can usually trade minions with you on the board as well.

Then on Turn 6/7 then can Leeroy you which gets them 4 chargers minimum, which they can buff to 2 attack for a 1 mana card, and they get the 6 charge from Leeroy as well.

Not sure I can see much of a way to control that play down with the Trump Mage deck.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 
Excellent Member

I just came back to the game after a months absence and with the only goal of having fun in the Arena.

That means not playing with boring classes like the Paladin and doing it with some of the weakest, but most fun classes like Warlock and Hunter. And i usually go for 5-6 wins, which is much better than i thought.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 13:57 
Hello Hello Hello

Win two lose one. Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.Win two lose one.

I swear this game is fucking bent sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 16:53 
Hello Hello Hello

1/3 in Arena despite me getting to pick a mage which is the class I'm best with :(

#1 - Nothing I could do, total fuck off of a game but don't feel too bad about it, he got great card draw, I got shit draw. Clusterfuck.

#2 - The way I'd envisaged the deck working actually happened, wasn't a pushover but a nice win for me.

#3 - Really good game against a druid, right down to the wire and I then overplayed a move that wasn't quite lethal, from which point he rallied incredibly impressively. Great win for him, gave him a richly deserved 'well played' at the end. No complaints.

#4 - Utter bullshit game against a warrior, he seemed to have perfect aggro draw all the way, and then top-drew a Ragnaros on Turn 8 which then went straight for my face to end it, whilst I was drawing an utter pile of crap out of my deck knowing there were loads of cards I wanted in there. Total horseshit.

Very frustrating. The mere concept that I'd actually pay £1.49 for that sort of experience is borderline nonsensical.

I was so annoyed I punched myself in the leg until it really, really hurt. At least my PC survived though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 20:25 
Hello Hello Hello

Yay back to Rank 11 in Constructed - hard work to maintain the wins and concentration though.

My addicted circuits have properly kicked in with this game, but I shall draw myself away from it for Saturday night Battlefield with the chaps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 
Hello Hello Hello

One win away from Rank 10, what's the betting I either fuck it up or get a BASTARD DECK FROM HELL to play against.....

Just had a really right game against a paladin, but managed to keep him locked down with a Water Elemental and then a Frostbolt when he finally managed to get rid of the Elemental, they really are such powerful cards against the classes that can wield a weapon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh goody.

The Leeroy Jenkins > Hounds play. (Leeroy is underneath the hounds card.)

HOW ORIGINAL.

Managed to survive a few more turns after this but you're so limited against these decks as you can never have more than two minions out, so you just can't get enough DPS out, and they're nipping away at you every turn with their hero power too.

Attachment:
mofohunter.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 17:00 
Hello Hello Hello

ARRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

One game away from Rank 10 again, and in all fairness it was an awesome game but I still lost, against a seriously hardcore warrior control deck.

TBH it was never looking like my game, he was running with a lot of good cards and played two legendaries, plus there were a few epics in there too. At one point he had 10 armour and nearly all his health left. (I think the critical point was probably when he played brawl, I had three minions up and he had one, but his one minion was the legendary Sylvanas Windrunner, so the one minion that survived the brawl was immediately taken over by him thanks to Windrunner's deathrattle, and it was a water elemental with taunt....)

Rather cross to have missed out on Rank 10 again, but no complaints about the game itself, very challenging and tactical - just a shame I lost :(

I know I've said this before but seriously, there are no easy games at this rank. You've really got to be prepared to commit yourself to a genuine period of concentration, and some of the games can go on for quite a while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 18:34 
Hello Hello Hello

I've swapped out an Argent Squire for a Pyroblast, as I've often been left wanting to draw something big towards the end of a game. (Other than that the deck is the Mage Trump deck that he was playing at Rank 1 and then to Legend.)

Just had a game against a hunter who was playing pretty well in all honesty, not sure if he was waiting for a hounds opportunity but I sure as hell wasn't going to give it to him (where possible I now play spells against hunters and trade down on the board so there are 1 or even zero minions on my side, because even then they can Leeroy > Hounds you, so even two minions on your side can be dangerous).

On Turn 9 I had a Fireball ready to go and drew the Pyroblast, he had 17 health left. (I also had other cards in my hand and one on the board, but at this point it was all academic.) Needless to say I played Fireball that turn and nipped him with a Fireblast to make 7 damage, and he got a 10 damage Pyroblast to the face next turn. Game over.

The thing that annoys me about hunters (and why it was so satisfying to Pyroblast his face off), is they nearly all run with secrets. So not only have they got that shit hounds thing going on, they're often playing secrets against you which I flat out don't like because they're sneaky, although I know all the hunter ones inside out now so can work around them.

Mages and pallies have secrets too of course, but far fewer mages seem to run with them, and hardly any pallies.

Still Rank 11 though, was one game away from dropping down to Rank 12.....

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 72  Next