Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 14:51 
Hello Hello Hello

Had an incidence of someone sending me a friends request just to hurl abuse at me last night, which I took as a flattering sign :D

I'd systematically and carefully taken apart a mech-rogue deck using my current new favourite deck 'Tesla's Oil Rogue' - http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/186148-tesla-oil-rogue

It's a bit like Miracle Rogue in that it's all about total control of the board leading to a finisher, but there's no Auctioneer draw engine in there so you have to chip away at your opponent's health constantly as well, as there's no massive finisher (lots of weapons and weapon buffs though). It's a really tactical and enjoyable deck to play, lots of adding up to do as well so I routinely take a good chunk of my allotted time to play a turn.

The guy was using the I WILL BE YOUR DEATH Rogue threaten quite liberally throughout the game (which I consistently replied to with a polite 'Thank you'), so I knew the friends request wasn't to congratulate me on a good game.

True enough I immediately received something along the lines of:

You fucking faggot pay to win fucking noob fuck you bitch

And he immediately defriended me and disconnected. I genuinely LOL-ed :D

The extra amusing thing is it's as far away from a P2W deck as you can get, with just one legendary in there, and masses of basic cards!

Having a bit of a Hearthstone revival at the moment, still playing lots of WoW but sort of maxed out on the current tier of content (four raid-geared Level 100s and more gold than I can spend, even to the extent of dropping 40K on a two-seater dragon mount just to burn through some of my riches), which leaves more time for Hearthstone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 15:19 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

FYI anyone with Android tablets their 'coins' offer is back on

https://twitter.com/amazonappstore/stat ... 24/photo/1

So you can 'buy' 500 coins from Amazon for £4.80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-500-Coin ... azon+coins and when you use them to buy either card packs or entry to the arena you will get 30% back

So for example - buy the coins listed above and then use those to buy 5 card packs , you'll then get 5x33 coins back (165) which is enough for an arena run

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 21:04 
Hello Hello Hello

Bloomin' heck this is the first time I've seem this message!

That must be 30 games won today :o

Attachment:
already.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 21:34 
Sleepyhead

I hereby declare myself the winner of the last Hearthstone challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 17:52 
Hello Hello Hello

EBG's psycho Warrior deck (which is still one of my favourite decks to play) destroys Freeze Mage in awesome style.

30 health + 30 armour at the finish, and my opponent had played two Healbots and a Farseer so I'd got through 49 health on his side.

Didn't even need the Grommash, and the finisher was pretty epic, cleared a Sludge and the remains of a Healbot, silenced my frozen Alex (so she becomes unfrozen), then Task Mastered her for extra attack, BOOM to face.

Had to do it that turn as he'd Duplicated two Sludges back into his hand and there was no way I was going to get through them, plus there were only about 4 cards left in my deck.

It was a great control game, but I know Freeze Mage pretty damn well so was always one step ahead of him, and EBG's deck really does have the ability to go for the long game when it needs to.

No GvG cards in there either! It's all original and Naxx, a lot of them basic.

Hearthstone is back in the ascendency for me, since I've slowed down a lot on WoW of late.

Attachment:
Hearthstone_Screenshot_2.18.2015.16.45.32.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 17:28 
Hello Hello Hello

Possibly the final frontier for me as far as playing Hearthstone is concerned, I have embraced the game's festering pus-filled boil and decided to have a crack with Control Priest.

This is the deck as it currently stands, and it's basically all about getting through the early game, being as much of a thieving arsehole as possible, and ratcheting up to a finish from there. (It's also taken directly from Icy Veins, with a few of the suggested changes implemented.)

It seems to be a bit weak against mech aggro decks (but then again, what isn't), but if the game moves on a bit its ability to frustrate an opponent is spectacular.

The real cheeky stuff are combos like:

Shrinkmeister > Shadow Madness/Cabal Shadow Priest, this extends the attack power of the minion for pinching from 3 and 2 to 5 and 4 respectively, a massive difference.

Add on a Recombobulator to the above, and you can steal a minion permanently with Shadow Madness, albeit you don't get to choose what you want.

Vol'jin is a great legendary (I had to craft him unfortunately, despite me having got a good number of GvG legendaries out of packs I didn't have him), play him against a big bastard like an Ironbark and you get a 6/8, and the opponent is left with an 8/2 that is very easy to take out.

Shadow Word Death on Sylvanas is effectively a second Mind Control if required.

Most of the usual wanker Priest stuff is in there too.

I'm not convinced by Dr Boom, I appreciate he's just flat-out a great card, but I can't help but think something a bit more arseholey could be placed in the slot.

One thing I will say is, rather like Miracle Rogue where it was only by playing the deck did I appreciate the craft behind it, the same is true of Control Priest - lots of thinking going on.

I'm pretty rubbish with the deck at the moment as there's a serious learning curve with it, but it is, I must confess, a very entertaining deck to play.

Attachment:
priestbastard.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 18:01 
Hello Hello Hello

Decided to try the new season playing this Priest control deck.

I can't even get to Rank Fucking 19, although have been one win away a couple of times. I know the better players are climbing again with it being the start of the month, but even so it's ridiculously brutal. I often seem to be basically there in having gained control of the game, but it's too late and the opponent just has enough damage in hand to finish me off.

Also, there is almost no such thing as a quick game with this deck, they can go on for a looooong time and then I lose at the end of it. Sometimes it's easy to see the appeal of cheapy fucking aggro decks when it comes to the ladder.

EBG has forged on ahead to 18 already, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 18:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

I've been mucking around with a hunter pirate deck, which is quite good fun.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2015-03-01 at 17.22.48.jpg

I'm missing the pirate legendary, which would be nice, but it isn't really necessary. If I did have it, i'd swap out a salty dog for it.
It's missing a strong end game, so is reliant on a good card draw.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 19:49 
Hello Hello Hello

Clawed my way up to Rank 19 and faced this comically vicious mech Rogue deck.

Why wouldn't you just bust out a fucking aggro deck? Your reward for trying to play a longer and more skilful control game appears to be regular arse-fuckings like this.

The other problem is there is no way of knowing what deck you're up against, mulligan for Oil Rogue (which is basically Miracle Rogue so very slow to start), and get Aggro Rogue - BANG, you're fucked!

Problem with playing Priest is they can pretty much only do control, which your opponent knows full well, of course - and can plan accordingly.

I'm going to stick in Ranked this month I think, however tawdry it gets, bit of a change of pace.

Attachment:
bollocksfuck.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:48 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Am finding my Druid Taunt deck is working very nicely against all the mech and rush decks and it stands up well against the slower decks also.

You can play the deck 2 ways, play as a ramp style druid for the slower games or just dump taunts down to let the faster decks smash themselves against a big taunt wall and run out of steam. The main deck I seem to struggle against is the Pally Muster Deck, but if you have swipe in hand when he plays it you can blunt even that bastard deck.

This deck is from eindboas on Heartpwn btw (he has recently added a mulligan guide to it), not taking credit for the making, it just seems to work very nice in this meta. I am also running 2 Rush decks for when I fancy quick games, and the Mechmage is very fun to play, but lots of people runnning counter decks for them now which is good :)

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 14:41 
Hello Hello Hello

Hmmm I might give that a go, my current Druid deck fails pretty hard in the current meta (two Shades of Naxxramas which are far too slow), and I'm not getting consistent results with the Priest control deck at all.

Something to try this evening methinks! Fuck the cheap mech decks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:16 
ugvm'er at heart...

Well, that was a pretty successful day!

Did 2 arena runs, got 2 legendaries... Mimiron's Head and Mekgineer Thermaplugg.
Decided to buy 15 normal packs, got The Beast :)

3 legendaries in one day, shame none of them are that brilliant. I think i've only opened about 4 in total before now.

I've also got enough dust saved up to craft 3 more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Three legendaries is nice, although I'd be hard pushed to find a slot for any of them in the current meta (or indeed at all, really). Mimiron's Head has the most awesome animation if you do get to play him though.

They put in a whole new animation for the card because, like, no one was running it. (Which hasn't changed, but we do now have a cool animation for it.)

http://youtu.be/r7peXU3J410?t=24s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 18:55 
8-Bit Champion

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... t-3-6-2015

Quote:
Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure Announced at PAX East!

The smoldering Blackrock Mountain looms on the horizon. Elementals, dwarves, and dragons lie in wait within … and they’ll be ready for you to unearth in Hearthstone’s second Adventure Mode, Blackrock Mountain, announced today at PAX East!

Blackrock Your World
Blackrock Mountain is home to a wealth of creatures with a burning desire to meet you: From the elementals of the Molten Core that find
1300°F “comfortable” to the dragons that lie in wait within Blackrock Spire, Hearthstone’s second adventure mode pits players against single-player bosses and their unique abilities that are guaranteed to put you in the hot seat. Each boss within Blackrock Mountain has unique cards at their disposal, and they’re guaranteed to challenge any adventurer ready to brave the challenges within. A total of five unique wings make up the massive expanse of Blackrock Mountain, and each wing is a unique experience to one of the five iconic zones found within it.

Cards Too Hot to Handle
Battling your way through the unique wings of Blackrock Mountain will reward players will all-new Hearthstone cards to add to their collection! Once these cards have been earned by defeating each individual Blackrock Mountain boss, they can immediately be added to your deck. 31 new cards will be added with Blackrock Mountain!

Delving into Blackrock Depths
Players that enter the adventure will immediately be greeted by the Dark Iron Dwarves that dwell deep within the depths Blackrock Mountain. They’re a bit hot-headed, but can you blame them; there’s no air conditioning in Blackrock Depths! If you’re thinking about grabbing a refreshment at the Grim Guzzler Bar while you're there, keep your cards ready – a good ol’ fashioned Hearthstone brawl could break out at any time!

Rockin’ New Game Board!

Blackrock Mountain has its own unique game board that you’ll battle on while you’re in the Adventure. Best of all, as soon as Blackrock Mountain is hot off the presses, the game board will be a part of the normal board rotation in Play and Arena modes! What new surprises await you?

New Class Challenges
If you enjoyed the class challenges within Curse of Naxxramas, they’re back with a vengeance in Blackrock Mountain! Nine new class challenges are prepared for you to put your skills with a specific class to the test. Conquering these Class Challenges will reward you with new class-specific cards to add to your collection.

Rock the Heroic Modes
Prepare to fight fire with even more fire! Once you’re defeated all of the bosses within any given wing for the first time, you’ll unlock the Heroic mode of that wing. Heroic mode bosses do not play fair – they are significantly more difficult than their normal mode versions, and they will prove to be a challenge for even the most veteran Hearthstone players.

Defeating all of Blackrock Mountain’s bosses on Heroic mode will unlock a new card back for your collection.

Fortune Favors the Boulder
Blackrock Mountain will unearth its secrets over the course of 5 weeks. Starting with Blackrock Depths, each wing opens one week at a time with a new wing opening each week, until all five wings are open.

Each wing within Blackrock Mountain can be purchased with in-game gold or real money, following the same pricing as Curse of Naxxramas. Each wing can be purchased for 700 gold or $6.99 USD. Blackrock Mountain bundle pricing is also available – the bigger the bundle, the bigger the discount! Purchasing wings in bundles does not unlock Blackrock Mountain wings faster than the one-wing-a-week schedule, but it does ensure that you’ll be able to dive into the next challenge and earn new cards as soon as they unlock.

As each wing is released, the cards contained within each wing will also show up in your Arena picks, even if you have not earned them for your personal collection yet.

BRMpreorder_HS_Lightbox_CK_200x267.pngFor those of you that can’t wait to get your oven mitts on Blackrock Mountain, pre-orders of the full Adventure will be available starting March 19! Pre-ordering Blackrock Mountain not only allows players to dive into the Adventure as soon as it becomes available in their region, but it also cooks up a unique card back for their collection! This card back is only available to players that pre-order Blackrock Mountain.

Out of the Frying Pan
Can you take the heat? Grab your fire resistance gear and get ready to brave the mountain! Blackrock Mountain is planned to release simultaneously for PC, Mac, iPad, and Android tablets next month!

5 announced cards including a Grim...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 19:37 
Hello Hello Hello

You really can't knock Blizzard when it comes to doing F2P right. The game is now over a year old (since it came out of beta and launched), this will be the second 'adventure' expansion and we also had the GvG cards expansion, and 100% of the game has been, and will be available to, devout F2P players.

Obviously I'll be getting Blackrock Mountain with cash as I still enjoy buying card packs with gold, although I've switched back to classic cards now as the cards I really want are classics and not GvG cards.

Hearthstone is probably my second most played game of all time now, bested only by WoW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 23:47 
Hello Hello Hello

Really getting depressed with playing Priest in ranked, if you guess the mulligan wrong and/or don't get the right cards, it's damn near impossible to win against the silly aggro decks that abound at the lower ranks. Got up to Rank 16 *** yesterday evening and then dropped down to the arse end of 18 this evening with one shit aggro deck after another.

Like I just had a game against a mage, guessed mech mage as I've faced them ALL FUCKING EVENING, got the perfect hand for it as well, and it turns out to be some sort of slow secrety legendary heavy mage which I'm totally ill-equipped to deal with.

As priest you can only do control, which your opponent knows full well of course.

Fuck it, I'm going to level a bit as a fucking idiot fucking zoo lock, maybe the games will get more interesting a bit further up the ranks.

Why struggle and claw for every win with a clever control deck when a mindless zerg rush deck will achieve the same if not better results?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:01 
Hello Hello Hello

Given up on Priest but I can't bring myself to play aggro so I've decided to go Control Warrior, deck is very similar to this.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/le ... x-gvg-deck

But I've put a bit more early game in for all the aggro decks out there, so no Boom or Geddon (I don't have Geddon anyway), and in goes a Slam and a Cleave.

I'm not sure about Sylvanas either, she just seems very slow and weak against aggro decks, 'cause even if you do pinch something it's just a load of shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:50 
8-Bit Champion

I'm surprised at how many of the 'same' deck i'm seeing right now - between about 19 and 15 all i'm facing are :

The same Mage mech deck
The same Rouge 'tempo' deck

At this level I'd say most people have just picked the deck up and are still learning it but its always the same cards your going up against

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 13:05 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
I'm surprised at how many of the 'same' deck i'm seeing right now - between about 19 and 15 all i'm facing are :

The same Mage mech deck
The same Rouge 'tempo' deck

At this level I'd say most people have just picked the deck up and are still learning it but its always the same cards your going up against

The problem with these decks is that even in the hands of a total fucking buffoon they can achieve a respectable winrate.

Trump built a Priest deck specifically to counter Mech Mage and it worked really well but gave too much away against other match-ups, which is often the problem with specific counter decks.

The other problem with control/counter decks is that they take a huge amount of skill to play them optimally, and are very unforgiving of mistakes, one slip-up and you'll lose.

Apparently Mech Mage has all but disappeared at the higher ranks but down at the lower ranks there are still loads of aggro decks around, I was getting a lot of Hunters last night too.

I was doing alright with Control Warrior last night, I prefer it to Control Priest as it can go aggressive a bit more easily, whereas Control Priest needs to be scarily passive at times.

I'm hoping I'll be able to climb the ranks a bit and escape the clutches of the aggro kiddies, 'cause they can be pretty tedious to play against. There's always the option of Casual as well of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 13:14 
8-Bit Champion

I need to trash my current priest deck and re-do it since it relied on deathrattle and removing the undertakers 'health' up really messes that up.

My current deck is a mage deck with murlocs , and then some big legendary cards at the end (Rag / Alex / Dr Boom / Kel'Z) if the murloc stuff fires off correctly its a quick win , if it doesnt then the big cards come out to knock people down at the end - its one i like playing and it does typically rip up the other mages but struggles a bit with the rouge decks as they have enough board clear stuff to kill off the murloc's cheaply and stop me gaining control of the board

I do also have 2 x unstable portals in there and its interesting to see how some of those cards mesh with what you already have

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 13:30 
Legendary Boogeyman

Quote:
100% of the game has been, and will be available to, devout F2P players

Yep, it occurred to me today I need to start saving gold again. I should have enough by the time the first wing is released.

The pre-order incentive is pretty shit. A card back? Who gives a shit about card backs? Unless you're psychopathically obsessed with the game and have been to every event and preordered everything that could have ever got you a card back, you'll have missed at least a few by now. With that being the case, what's one more? They're purely cosmetic and I barely even notice them any more.

F2P update: I am missing 79 cards now. I've gone back to buying original decks because I pretty much only have the GvG legendaries missing. Recently crafted a Dr. Boom given that he's bloody omni-present in every deck.

Neutral 25
Druid 4
Hunter 4
Mage 7
Paladin 3
Priest 2
Rogue 6
Shaman 6
Warlock 7
Warrior 4
GvG 11

Total Missing 79

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 13:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'll be pre-ordering, but just because i'll be buying it anyway, and hopefully the pre-order might mean I avoid any payment debacle that could happen, based on last time :D
Like you, I don't care about card backs.

This is me:
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 12.49.47.png

134 cards missing in total, 62 cards missing at least one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 14:04 
Hello Hello Hello

Yeah I'll pre-order, pretty much for the same reasons that Trooper is :) I'm still using the original vanilla launch card back, no interest in the other ones.

Not sure how complete my collection is although I did have a complete whizz through all class and neutral cards a couple of weeks ago when I decided to switch back to classic packs instead of GvG packs - and I'm not missing that many at all outside of the legendaries. (And even then I have all the best ones.)

I treated myself to a crafted Harrison Jones over the weekend, and ran him in my Control Warrior deck. AND THEN PROCEEDED NOT TO GET A SINGLE DECENT TARGET WITH HIM ALL WEEKEND.

Finally, I swapped him out for a Loatheb (same sort of role in the deck, same spot in the deck, but different effects), and first game after the switch got a Rogue.

No problem I thought, Rogues like their spells.

Fuck me if it wasn't some crazy-ass pirate deck, very weapon heavy, and complete with Captain Greenskin to buff it. As I was cursing my horrible luck for dropping Harrison literally before that game, Loatheb popped into my hand on Turn 6 with the juiciest weapon target you can possibly imagine.

CURSE YOU GAME.

If anything I'm playing Hearthstone more as the weeks and months roll on, not less. It's even made my return to WoW a bit of a flash in the pan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:40 
Meh

I am still playing on a daily basis and will definitely be paying for the expansion.

I hope they introduce more cards that benefit the control type player as G&G's useful cards were in the vast majority geared towards aggro.

Pleased it has kept you away from WOWs evil clutches ;).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 14:10 
Hello Hello Hello

I've decided to have a go at Freeze Mage, and find to my surprise that in 13 months of constantly opening packs of cards, (almost all Classic, both purchased and free, I didn't stick with GvG packs for long), I haven't got a single Doomsayer.

So that's an Antonidas and two Doomsayers I need to craft, a lot of dust, as the Doomsayers are epic and of course Antonidas is a legendary.

Oh shit, I'm missing an Ice Block too, (I only have one), so that's another 400 dust.

Ack, do I really want to spend 2800 dust to play one deck? Thing is, I need a hunter or a mage deck in my list, as there's the quest that comes round that needs hunter or mage to complete, and I don't want to play aggro flavours of either class. Last time the quest came round I tried midrange hunter which is alright but not much fun.

I still haven't got a single Mountain Giant either. (I want to have go with Hand Lock at some point, although I did get a Molten Giant today so I have two of those now.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 19:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Entertaining deck! Think I've got my head around it after a fair number of games, may venture out into Ranked with it now.....

Pretty much every game goes close to or into fatigue though, so if you're after quick games this isn't the deck for you. (Even against aggro you just have to try and stall until you can get Alex out.)

It's a tricky deck to play with some bad match-ups, warriors in particular are horrible because they just armour up out of reach, and with so many decks running Antique Healbot now you have to be prepared for one or even two of those healing the opponent after Alex.

Antonidas is a key card really to get those fireballs going, without him I think it'd be a bust.

In this screeny my opponent has played two Healbots so that's 46 health, plus whatever he got as armour from his hero ability. Both of my Ice Blocks had been used, and the Ice Barrier had popped last turn to leave him one off lethal (the other one had gone earlier). I had one card left in my deck.

Yes I've got fucking millions of fireballs but it was trying to keep myself alive to get a chance to use them that was the hard part. I had nothing left in the tank here, and games tend to do this quite a lot, it's a real knife edge between getting the kill in on your opponent before your stalls and clears and secrets run out.

Expensive deck to craft if you're missing key cards as I was, but very interesting to play.

Attachment:
freeeezo.JPG

Attachment:
freezo1.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 21:57 
Legendary Boogeyman

Rank 6; going insane from playing so many matches. Such intense play makes you very keen as to the different types of decks and appropriate mulligans.

I have a week off work. Legend will be mine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 22:14 
INFINITE POWAH

Honest to god, you guys make nerds look cool.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 22:30 
Legendary Boogeyman

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Honest to god, you guys make nerds look cool.

Out of the thread you filthy casual.

Edit: Rank 5.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 0:14 
Sleepyhead

This still with the Warrior deck, Gnomes?

I am having fun with an overload Shaman deck. When it clicks it is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 0:23 
Hello Hello Hello

I believe he has a control style Pally and Warlock on the go.

Would be interested to see the decks if you could post them up EBG :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 0:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

Exclusively Warlock now.

Attachment:
warlock.png

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:46 
Hello Hello Hello

That's a pretty bespoke deck, interesting stuff. Do you play it like Handlock overall? Only one Sunfury and Argus seems a bit strange, but then you do have some big legendaries in there too.

And what are your targets for the Enhance-o-Mechanic, is it just for the really big stuff for massive finishers?

EDIT - Thought I'd have a go with this deck myself but I'm missing the Enhance-o which I can afford to craft, and also Sneed's, which I can't. I might have to just replace Sneed's with something else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:59 
Hello Hello Hello

Just taken the EBG warlock deck for a test drive, me likey!

I've swapped out Sneed's for Jaraxxus and Enhance-o for Harrison Jones (might put Loatheb in that slot instead). Not sure how critical EBG thinks his original choices are but my replacements are in the same slots in the deck, albeit with different effects.

Lots of versatility in there, and very enjoyable to play.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 13:26 
Legendary Boogeyman

Cheers, and yes it's pretty much handlock. Enhance-o was a recent swap that hits occasionally but is quite good. Against a rushy deck it can slap taunt on whatever I've got out, and if it gives windfury to a giant the game is pretty much over. Nobody ever expects it either. Sneeds is fine depending on the deck I'm against, it'll sit in the hand against hunter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 13:47 
8-Bit Champion

I have enhance-o in quite a few of my decks - it can (if the RNG dictates) give you a finish at least a move early - mines tends to be with a bunch of Murloc's but if it triggers windfury on the right one then its game over

I was spectating a few of EBG's games last night and on a number of games when he threw it down if just one minion had gained Windfury it would have ended the game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 14:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

Now I appear to be on a massive bullshit loss streak. Sometimes it's quite hard to resist hurling the mouse into the wall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 14:55 
Hello Hello Hello

Don't punch the wall. I did that last year after a really bad beat, motherfucker hurt for days (and was sore on and off for weeks), and in winter I could still feel it when it was really cold.

(In all fairness I didn't actually intend to punch the wall, the idea was I'd punch my daughter's paper house that she'd made which was stuffed with cotton wool, so like punching a cushion really. Unbeknown to me she'd removed all the cotton wool to use it for something else, so my fist effectively had two sheets of A4 between it and a solid brick wall. Properly fucking danced around the room after that one.)

Also EBG, I'm just not finding any targets for Mind Control Tech with your deck, where are you finding that it's useful?

I've now got Loatheb in your Enhance-o-Mechanic slot, and Kel'Thuzad in the Sneed's slot, although I haven't had Kel'Thuzad go off on anything yet.

The end game seems to be what you'd expect really, Boom, Raggy, and the Giants. Everything else just seems to be controlling the game down to that point. A bit like working towards Alex > Grommash with the warrior deck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 16:29 
8-Bit Champion

Sometimes Murloc decks just work

Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-03-15 13.48.42.png

He dropped an inconsequential minion - i played the murloc leader and ended the game on turn 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 16:30 
Legendary Boogeyman

MCT hits most often in mech mage, sometimes druid. Maybe hunter rarely or rogue if it's one of those bullshit token spell decks. I'd say Kel'tzd was probably too slow for this deck. If I switch out anything else it might be rag. He's probably most useful squashing a Shade in a Druid deck.

I also currently have a 0% win rate against Oil rogue. It's seemingly impossible to win. The taunts get sapped, the oil comes out on a minion and weapon, face, bladeflurry, and evicerates to finish me off from anything < 20 health. Really hard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 16:55 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Sometimes Murloc decks just work

He dropped an inconsequential minion - i played the murloc leader and ended the game on turn 4

No offence zaphod but they really are the decks I loathe and despise with a passion.

Get the right draw and it's a win against anything, basically. May as well just flip a coin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 17:01 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
MCT hits most often in mech mage, sometimes druid. Maybe hunter rarely or rogue if it's one of those bullshit token spell decks. I'd say Kel'tzd was probably too slow for this deck. If I switch out anything else it might be rag. He's probably most useful squashing a Shade in a Druid deck.

I also currently have a 0% win rate against Oil rogue. It's seemingly impossible to win. The taunts get sapped, the oil comes out on a minion and weapon, face, bladeflurry, and evicerates to finish me off from anything < 20 health. Really hard.

Yeah I've already swapped out KT for a Troggzor, just because it's another card that fits in the slot really :D

Raggy is one of those cards who can be incredibly good when he's good, but next to useless in other situations, or even a fucking liability if he gets facelessed or something.

As for MCT I sort of feel about him that if he's got anything to pinch you're probably already too far behind, but maybe I've just had a strange run. Also of course I'm down at Rank 16 (well, 17 now, grrr) so will be getting different games.

Let me know if you make any changes to the deck, I'd be interested to see what changes you make.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 17:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

Mystic for enhance-o and Alex for Rag.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 17:33 
Hello Hello Hello

I've dropped the Sneed's slot completely now and put a Kezan Mystic in (same card added as you, different slot to your change :)), I think there are enough Hunters running around to make it worth a slot at the lower ranks, and even then it's not a terrible body on the board against non-secret decks.

I like the idea of Alex in the deck too, I'll see how it goes but I can see me making that change as well. Raggy is a bit too random for my tastes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

This grind is totally consuming. I don't think my deck is *quite* good enough as I can't maintain a high enough win rate. If it's not up at 60% the progress is so slow. You have to play 100 games to progress a rank. I can see why people get stuck at 5.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 
Hello Hello Hello

As per our conversation last night I'd be delighted to see you make it to legend but can totally understand you deciding you've had enough at some point :) The problem I have with playing Ranked games at high ranks is they really do get very demanding (admittedly I've peaked in the past at Rank 9, but even that was serving up one brutal game after another, any mistake was basically game over), and you start to tend to see a lot of the same decks.

In Casual whilst the game still adjusts your opponents based on your ability, you tend to see a much greater variety of decks and you don't get the same sense of raging injustice about really bad beats because there's no little star being lost :D

As for your deck, the version I'm running is substantially the same but with a couple of changes, I've dropped one of the top-end legendary slots completely and also the Enhance-o who I didn't have anyway, I don't think the deck needs that much high end power and Raggy can be seriously hit or miss (literally!). Enhance-o I can't see really swinging a game in that you've probably already won by the time you play him is my feeling, and he won't pull back a lost position. Also, too random.

In comes a Mystic who doesn't necessarily hit that often but when she does she can absolutely be a game winner, especially against some of those ruinous Mage secrets, and she can totally destroy a Hunter or a Paladin's tempo. Against a non-secret class or deck, she's still a moderately respectable body on the board.

Also in comes a Loatheb, really helps against Rogues who the deck struggles with otherwise, has obvious utility against all spell-casters, and puts a decent body on the board. I actually prefer him to Raggy.

Sneed's has been replaced with Alex. Alex is awesome, has a guaranteed effect and you can choose when to invoke it. (Unlike Sneed's whose deathrattle is random and can be silenced.) Alex has totally saved my arse a couple of times when played defensively, and the impact when used offensively against another control class is massive.

As for the deck in general I was wondering why it feels so strong and I think it's because it's completely dropped the Mountain Giants which are usually considered Hand Lock essentials. Dropping those Giants and the focus on Giants/Drakes gives the deck so much more versatility and utility, seems to be able answer lots and lots of questions.

Finally, and maybe a bit of a 'Yeah well durrrr' on my part, but I've started keeping a Molten in my hand against aggro like Hunter or Mech Mage, as chances are you'll be down at 10 health in no time, in which case the Molten is free, get it taunted up and boom, the game just got a lot harder for them.

This and Freeze Mage are currently my favourite two decks. I lost patience with Priest, it's just too easy for your opponent to second-guess all your moves as Priest is such a known quantity and can only do control.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 13:41 
Hello Hello Hello

New favourite streamer is 'Hyped', who despite the rather excitable name is a really chilled out guy to watch, lots of clear explanation as to what he's doing, why he's doing it, the specifics of the match-up he's involved in and so on.

Still watching plenty of Trump of course, but Hyped has been brilliant for learning Freeze Mage.

I did intend to watch the latest episode of Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe on iPlayer last thing yesterday, but just watched Hyped instead. I wonder how traditional media competes with stuff like this?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 14:26 
Excellent Member

Hearthly wrote:
I did intend to watch the latest episode of Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe on iPlayer last thing yesterday, but just watched Hyped instead. I wonder how traditional media competes with stuff like this?

I'm not sure why it has to; any more than a newspaper needs to compete with GameFaqs. On this one occasion you personally changed your mind from watching a TV comedy show to watching an online stream dedicated to play throughs of a specific video game. There's nothing about that which invites a comparison outside this single incredibly specific example surely?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 16:54 
8-Bit Champion

Trump gets to rank 1 and the deck he was using

http://i.imgur.com/NNZHWaX.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 17:05 
Hello Hello Hello

Hmmm, I have all those cards, I might take the deck for a spin.

RANK ONE LEGEND HERE I COME.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 72  Next