Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 15:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
POINT BEING that £48 for 60 packs of cards seems entirely reasonable for the play I'll get out of the game

Well, I'm not knocking your lifestyle by any means, but I don't live the same way you do. My work xmas lunch cost me £33 and I didn't hang around blarting cash into alcohol or fruit machines. I don't particularly drink, never smoke, don't buy consoles, and generally don't piss £60 up the wall on this or that without serious thought.

It's all a question of what you enjoy really. I'm currently giving serious thought to spending £160 on an entirely stupid robot vacuum cleaner that cleans for me and returns to its charging dock when its getting low on battery. £160 on a single mech and it doesn't even have divine shield!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 16:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Had 200 gold for 2 packs.

GOLDEN LEGENDARY! Except it's a Gazlowe, and I got the normal version of him out of my 60 packs the other day.

Oh well.

Also pictured, a seriously awesome pack I got out of the 60! (Golden common, rare, epic, and two legendaries!)

Attachment:
poffo.JPG

Attachment:
packo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Currently having a ball with Trump's GvG aggro mage, it's a bit erratic IMO but the hilarity potential is off the scale.

There are two Jeeves in there so the idea is - (I assume, I haven't actually watched Trump play the deck) - that you can dump cards with reckless abandon, and hopefully get Jeeves hidden behind some taunts and just keep drawing cards with him.

Had a game against a warrior and I really did feel his pain, as I kept him constantly frozen with Ice Lance/Frostbolt/Snow Chugger to lock down his weapon, and kept clearing the board with my minions and playing as many cards as possible, and every turn Jeeves just did his 'Let me get that for you....' and dropped three cards into my hand at the end of my turn.

Finished the game with only three cards left in my deck and it wasn't much past Turn 10 :D

This is why I'm happy to have bought the card packs, it gives me the freedom to look at a list of the decks some of the top players have been coming up with and picking the ones that look like they might be fun to play with.

Attachment:
magegvg.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh yes, Unstable Portal is quite clearly massively OP and has got to be first in line for the nerf bat IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 13:12 
Excellent Member

I don't see how unstable portal can be nerfed. If they add 1 to the cost it will completely remove it's useability.

Besides, it's a fun card, and while many times it won the game for me, it also brought me absolutely nothing of value most of times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:10 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

RuySan wrote:
I don't see how unstable portal can be nerfed. If they add 1 to the cost it will completely remove it's useability.

If they add one to it then its still a bonus as you spend 3 now to get a minion with 3 less next turn (so a turn 3 play can let you drop a 7 point card on turn 4) , and unlike other cards this really does seem random - i've had a few legendary cards out of it but also some junk.

Oh and the other bonus is that it will give you class specific cards which can work in interesting ways with a mage (so Prophet Velen gives you double points for your standard mage power)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:41 
Hello Hello Hello

RuySan wrote:

Besides, it's a fun card, and while many times it won the game for me, it also brought me absolutely nothing of value most of times.

Oh don't get me wrong it's a very fun card, but I also think it's OP.

Loads of minions in the game cost 3 or less mana, so quite often you can play Unstable Portal for two mana and immediately play a three or less mana minion on the same turn.

I appreciate you could get a Wisp or something down at that sort of level, but it seems to me there's a pretty good chance you'll get a solid 3 drop or get to play a good 4-5-6 drop far earlier than would ever otherwise be the case (excepting a druid and he'd had to burn Innervates and/or Wild Growths to get that effect).

Also remember that it synergises very well with other mage cards (which is what Trump has done in that deck), such as Sorcerer's Apprentice and Mana Wyrm (which also synergise with each other).

Maybe I'm on an insanely good RNG run with my Portals, but for me at least it's working out ridiculously well, even if the card is a duffer it doesn't really cost you much in the way of mana, tempo, cards, or board. (A bit like Webspinner, even if it doesn't pay off the downside is negligible.)

And when it pays off very well it's obscene, I've had it deliver a 0 mana (!!!) King Mukla and a 3 mana The Beast, which are basically a 'win game' button.

I'm calling this card now for getting nerfed in the forseeable....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Aaaaand here's the result of the two Portals in my last game, delivering a three mana 7/6 and a six mana Alex.

Seriously, on an Arena draft I'd take 30 Unstable Portals if they were offered.

Attachment:
op01.JPG

Attachment:
op02.JPG

Attachment:
op03.JPG

Attachment:
op04.JPG

Attachment:
op05.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 
8-Bit Champion

Live for android in some territories now : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... earthstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:18 
Hello Hello Hello

All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. This is appealing.

Isn't a good Android tablet like half the cost of an iPad?

To the Android thread-o-tron, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. .

I may be missing something but did not think that Android tablets were locked out of products in the same way that Ipads are so could you not just skip the tablet part and play Hearthstone on your phone ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. .

I may be missing something but did not think that Android tablets were locked out of products in the same way that Ipads are so could you not just skip the tablet part and play Hearthstone on your phone ?

The screen on a phone is far too small to play Hearthstone, TBH I find it a bit constricted on Mrs Hearthly's iPad Air, I definitely wouldn't want to go any smaller than that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

The Play store stops you downloading if it isn't compatible with your device, and the android hearthstone client has been set to be not compatible with my Note 3, so I would be very surprised if any other phone if compatible.

You can sideload it, I expect, but... faff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 16:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

Is it time for another tournament?

Rules are, you can use any class you like, but you have to create a new deck and immediately hit "done" for each round, so it autofills from your collection. No peeking at your decklist either, start your games as much in the dark as your opponent!

Each round is best of three and we'll do it as a league this time, so everyone gets a chance to play the same amount of games. You get a point for each game you win in the round, so a maximum of three points available each round.
Every round has to be a new deck each time, but you keep the same deck for the 3 games.

Anyone up for it?

Players:
Trooper (Trooper#2226)
RuySan
Curiosity
Hearthly (Chopley#1273)
Zaphod79#2243
Crazyface #2968
Slightly Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 17:03 
Excellent Member

good idea. I'm in

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 17:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Probably worth posting battletags too, so we can all find each other :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:27 
Sleepyhead

In. Can't remember my tag though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Sounds daft enough to be worth a try, I'm in :)

I'll ping my brother to see if he fancies it too, as I don't think he visits here that regularly.

Chopley#1273 is me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 22:28 
8-Bit Champion

In Zaphod79#2243

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 20:18 
Excellent Member

Hearthly wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

The screen on a phone is far too small to play Hearthstone, TBH I find it a bit constricted on Mrs Hearthly's iPad Air, I definitely wouldn't want to go any smaller than that.

I'm running it on my Hudl 2 and it runs great. For the money its a top tab.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 20:20 
Excellent Member

Trooper wrote:
Is it time for another tournament?

Rules are, you can use any class you like, but you have to create a new deck and immediately hit "done" for each round, so it autofills from your collection. No peeking at your decklist either, start your games as much in the dark as your opponent!

Each round is best of three and we'll do it as a league this time, so everyone gets a chance to play the same amount of games. You get a point for each game you win in the round, so a maximum of three points available each round.
Every round has to be a new deck each time, but you keep the same deck for the 3 games.

Anyone up for it?

Players:
Trooper (Trooper#2226)
RuySan
Curiosity
Hearthly (Chopley#1273)

Aye I'm happy to get involved
Crazyface #2968

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 21:39 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Sure I am up for this

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 16:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

Any more for any more?

I'm not going to do anything like a fixture list or anything like that, I assume you can all work out who you have and haven't played, everyone needs to play everyone once.

PlayerBattletagPlayedPoints
TrooperTrooper#222600
Curiosity12
HearthlyChopley#127300
Zaphod79Zaphod79#224300
CrazyFaceCrazyface#296800
Slightly Green00
RuySan00
EBGDruss#220411

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 16:25 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:

So just to be clear

Create a new deck and pick a class
Hit 'done' so the game auto fills a deck for you using your available cards
Use this deck against person 1 , you play 3 games against this person
Wipe the deck and repeat for person 2 , etc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 16:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:

So just to be clear

Create a new deck and pick a class
Hit 'done' so the game auto fills a deck for you using your available cards
Use this deck against person 1 , you play 3 games against this person
Wipe the deck and repeat for person 2 , etc

Exactly. And also post your results in the thread, so I can add them to the leaderboard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 20:05 
Sleepyhead

I am seeing a LOT of Murloc decks at the moment. The last one killed me on turn 4!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 22:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

I just got my 300g for winning 1000 games, that's taken a little while...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 23:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

Which I spent on packs and got Mogor the Ogre legendary. Amusing, but not really a good card as such.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 23:31 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I am seeing a LOT of Murloc decks at the moment. The last one killed me on turn 4!

I have a warlock with a split Murloc / Mech deck which seems to be working quite well - and remember the new cards include 2 Shamen ones which draw extra murlocs / extra cards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:51 
Legendary Boogeyman

Yep for tournament, I'm fine with the rules. Druss#2204

I'm made my first deck, so challenge me at will.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

8 people seems like a reasonable amount of folks, let's get this party started people!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

So just to clarify, generate random deck, don't look at it, and go to town for 3 games, then new deck and new opponent?

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

Slightly Green wrote:
So just to clarify, generate random deck, don't look at it, and go to town for 3 games, then new deck and new opponent?

Aye. It's a bit tricky not to look at it as you see it being built, so don't worry too much about that, but don't mulligan it. What you get is what you get :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 20:43 
Excellent Member

RuySan #2293

Bring it on

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 20:45 
Excellent Member

MIND CONTROL IS A JOKE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 22:38 
Legendary Boogeyman

Finally... a deck that could actually go the distance.

Attachment:
12 wins.png

Double pack reward too.

Attachment:
12 wins reward.png

In the last couple of months I've barely done better than 5 wins, so this is very welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 0:48 
Sleepyhead

I have vanquished Druss in the league thing, and also just got that rubbish legendary ogre.

Huzzah for bomb lobbers and lucky mage draws.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 0:50 
Legendary Boogeyman

Curio has a totes bullshit cheaty playable deck that beat my shitty crappy deck. Bah. Humbug.

Next challenger please.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

What was the result? You get a point for each win.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 
Sleepyhead

It was 2-1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 20:54 
Legendary Boogeyman

Oh my. My next arena run.... A very high quality Hunter deck with so much aggro that most games were dusted before turn 10. The longest game was 13 mins and that was the one I lost. The entire run took less than 2 hours.

2 packs and 410 gold.

Attachment:
12.1 arena.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 23:54 
Sleepyhead

Just remember that you had 12 people complaining about your deck the next time you bomb out at 3!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:41 
Legendary Boogeyman

The thing is this is so vastly different to my previous experiences of just a couple of weeks ago. I could believe they're pissing about with the matchmaking constantly and can't quite find the balance. I railroaded most of these matches and the one I lost was a very close thing mostly because I didn't have the coin. The guy I beat to get to 12 clearly wasn't an 11 win player. Very odd.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's just random luck.

Since GvG landed i've done the following in arena:
1 win
2 wins
12 wins
4 wins
2 wins
5 wins
1 win
4 wins
0 wins
6 wins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

and now i've just done two 0 win runs on the trot...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:14 
Sleepyhead

Trooper wrote:
and now i've just done two 0 win runs on the trot...

Stop being rubbish!

:D

Also, has anyone else played a league game other than me and EBG?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 13:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

Not yet, keep forgetting and when I do remember there is nobody online!
I'm away over xmas from tomorrow, so the league might take a while to complete...

Regarding arena, there are a lot more cards now, so the chance of synergy is a lot lower, and the chance of getting the needed board clearance cards is also reduced as GvG didn't introduce any new ones of those.
A good deck will go far, and crappy decks will go nowhere as always, you just have a much greater chance of getting a crappy deck these days.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 14:04 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:
Regarding arena, there are a lot more cards now, so the chance of synergy is a lot lower, and the chance of getting the needed board clearance cards is also reduced as GvG didn't introduce any new ones of those.

Exploding sheep ?

Useful for *some* board clearance stuff.

I'm currently playing around in ranked with a Shamen who has every Murloc (apart from the new shaman legendary) and some shamen specific cards (the two windfury cards + the minion who gives windfury) and when it fires off its amazing to watch - if i get the right murloc stuff at the start i can get lethal on turn 4 , if it dont and they have not cleared the board then old murk-eye plus windfury to double up on his hits is a big finisher as early as turn 6 (5 if i have the coin in hand)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 14:41 
8-Bit Champion

Potentially cheap card packs via amazon and coins

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheap-h ... et-2096242

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 17:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

It doesn't help your arena run when the floating card bug appears to be back. Waited for around 10 minutes but nothing was happening so I had to shut down the client and lose the game. I was winning too!

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 72  Next