Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 17:06 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
They tweeted at 3pm to say 'It'll be at least a few more hours'.

Seriously, it's quite the fuckup. You say the 9th and people assume it'll be up after the early morning maintenance, as was the case for NA. Instead fuck all has happened, few updates, and no explanation. I can imagine people are pissed off because this is demonstrably not what Blizzard planned, and makes it very clear that the American region is their foremost priority, and everyone else in Europe and Asia has to wait.

I'm glad I'm F2P ;)

Meh, EXPANSION PACK FOR FREE-TO-PLAY ONLINE CARD GAME FEW HOURS LATE, COMMUNICATION DEEMED SUB-STANDARD.

I think we should call for one of those days of anger things.

I mean, it's not even like the game isn't there, just play with the old cards and decks for a bit longer! I was looking forward to buying my packs when I got home and playing with them, but I'm sure I can fill the terrible void with something else.....

People can't even argue that they're not getting what they paid for, as the cards and game as paid for are all still there and playable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 18:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

You don't see me bitching, I'm just pointing out this is clearly quite unintended and subsequently badly handled. Rule 1 is keeping your angry fans mollified with pointless updates and vague ETAs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 20:25 
Excellent Member

I'm fuming! Took the day off work for this event! :DD (seriously)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 20:52 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

I have written a very stern letter, ALL IN CAPS (so they can see how angry i am).

bah, this sucks a bit doesnt it

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 21:57 
Legendary Boogeyman

New update: Maintenance at 9pm. Originally said it will last an hour, now says 'A few hours'.

So basically, not launching on the 9th at all. This is pretty bloody shoddy whichever way you look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 22:12 
Hello Hello Hello

CrazyFace wrote:
I'm fuming! Took the day off work for this event! :DD (seriously)

Never plan anything around a Blizzard launch date or time.

Even when they actually release when they say they will, there's a good chance whatever it is won't work properly for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's finally up. Bought 10 packs on top of my starter 3. Got a host of stuff and quite a few dupes, no legendaries but a few epics.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 
Excellent Member

I fear the 7 packs I have just opened have merely whetted my appetite. (got 3 Epics) This is exactly what the game needed imo. Good times ahead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

In my 3 'free' card packs I did not get any legendary cards but did get the warlock onethat gains 2/2 for damage so that will be good to use

There also seems to be an issue right now with arena wins giving out old packs rather than new ones

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... t%3Dnav1#1

Quote:
Goblins vs Gnomes will soon be unleashed upon Europe! Preparation for its arrival has already begun, and Hearthstone will be undergoing maintenance starting at 9:00 p.m. CET. We expect maintenance to complete within a few hours.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates as the launch commences, and we sincerely thank you all for your patience.

[Update: 2:29 PM PST] Goblins vs Gnomes has launched in Europe. We are currently investigating reports of stability issues.

[Update: 3:53 PM PST] We've addressed a number of stability issues and the game should be running much more smoothly now.

[Update: 4:43 PM PST] We are currently looking into why Arena is awarding classic packs.

[Update: 6:16 PM PST] We are continuing to look into the issue with arena.

[Update: 7:41 PM PST] The issue regarding Arena pack rewards is still under investigation, but we will provide further updates as soon as they are available.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

:belm:

:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

and I just got a GvG pack from an arena run I started before GvG was released. :shrug:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 17:12 
Excellent Member

This is soooo much fun. Bought 60 packs which was a bit silly as ended up with loads of dupes. Only got 2 decidedly average legendary cards, but the cards I did get are wreaking havoc on opponents! Put together a mech heavy Druid deck. Unstable Portal for Mage is massively OP, Only played it 4 times and got 2 ledge cards. Needs nerfing asap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 19:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

I suppose that's the best I could do with that deck... ah well... :D

The extra cards you can't see in that deck list were a Blizzard, a 2 Flamestrikes and a Ysera :)

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 18.45.50.jpg

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 18.46.31.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 21:32 
Hello Hello Hello

Nice result there Trooper :)

I ended up with 26 packs to open (2300 gold plus three extra packs for some reason or another). The end result is I'm utterly bemused and confused and have no idea what's going on now so I'll wait until it all settles down a bit, unlike when Naxx came out I just don't have the time to learn my way around a load of new cards and decks (that's the WoW effect....), so I'll be totally reliant on net-decking.

Gonna take a break from the daily quest as well, as I have no effective decks at the moment and it'll take too long to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 13:16 
Legendary Boogeyman

5/0 Arena to 5/3, because, as always, I hit the fucking bullshit wall of unstoppable opponents. 5 easy wins to 3 impossible-to-win defeats.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 14:53 
Legendary Boogeyman

I just played a game against a Hunter. A pretty easy game. Afterwards, he wanted to add me as a friend - no doubt to congratulate me on a well fought game. I like friends, so I added him.

Attachment:
angrychild.jpg

I find this kind of thing very amusing. Why do people get so angry? Griefing him at his loss was just too easy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 15:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Why did you leave him hanging?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 16:12 
Legendary Boogeyman

He unfriended me immediately after the last message. I thought we had some good banter going there too :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 19:35 
Hello Hello Hello

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED.

Attachment:
gvgpacks1.JPG

Attachment:
gvgpacks2.JPG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 19:50 
Sleepyhead

:DD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 20:19 
Legendary Boogeyman

48 fucking quid, ha!

Meanwhile I've opened maybe 16 F2P GVG packs and have over half the cards, with doubles of a fair few, already ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 20:33 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
48 fucking quid, ha!

Meanwhile I've opened maybe 16 F2P GVG packs and have over half the cards, with doubles of a fair few, already ;)

I don't think £48 is that much money.

It's the works Christmas do tomorrow and that'll probably set me back over £100 by the time I've paid for a taxi home, so £48 to get a decent head of steam into the new card expansion for Hearthstone seems reasonable value, takes my total spend on the game to well over £100 but then again I have been playing it for ten months.

Add in playing WoW again and I've been able indefinitely postpone spending £1500+ on a new PC or doing something really daft like lobbing out a grand on an XBoxOne/PS4 and a massive new telly just to play GTAV.

It's down to what you choose to spend your spare cash on at the end of the day, and what you're comfortable with, and for me my spend on Hearthstone is well inside my comfort and decent value zone. TBH your total determination not to spend any money on the game at all (and strange glee at this state of affairs) looks pretty odd to me :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 20:54 
8-Bit Champion

My first new Legendary

Attachment:
Screenshot 2014-12-11 19.53.21.png

edit

And a second

Attachment:
Screenshot 2014-12-11 21.53.50.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 21:49 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
TBH your total determination not to spend any money on the game at all (and strange glee at this state of affairs) looks pretty odd to me :)

As I've said before, you can spend your moolah on whatever you like, but man. £48! That's a super-expensive premium AAA game price, and that's just for meta elements of a game that is free if you want it to be.

I know you're not bothered, but that's how I look at it. I also grind CS:GO by selling mission rewards to earn enough Steam cash to buy the next campaign for free ;)

Although CS is even more stupid to spend money on, because all of the upgrades are purely cosmetic vanity things that offer zero advantage to the stock guns. People will pay £30+ for a gun that just looks a bit prettier while they shoot it. Amazing business model.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 19:46 
Excellent Member

£48 is absolute peanuts if its something you put lots of time into. Like Hearthly said people think nothing of going out at a weekend and pissing £100+ up the wall. Poeple spend that and more weekly on fags.

Having said that well pissed off to only get 2 ledge cards in my 60 packs. My mate got a golden ledge in his 3 free packs ffs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:44 
Hello Hello Hello

Well the bill is in for last night, £110 lighter and a modest hangover, although I did bin the session off at about half nine and get a taxi home (£30), at that point it'd been nine hours drinking and I'd had enough. How people of my age manage sessions that finish off in clubs at 3am I have no idea. (Well I do know actually, they basically wave goodbye to functioning for the entire next day.)

Rather stupidly I was running about £50 up on the fruit machines for the entire session, up until the last pub where in my pissed state I made an absolute royal fuck-up of a skill feature that knocked the machine back and it ended up costing me my entire profit to get it to come back.

POINT BEING that £48 for 60 packs of cards seems entirely reasonable for the play I'll get out of the game, in fact, on balance, I'd rather have my £110 back, erase this hangover, and have another 140 packs of cards!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hmmm... What should I keep... choices, choices...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:49 
Hello Hello Hello

I'd go for Duplicate there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 13:30 
Sleepyhead

I was bored this morning, so I bought 15 packs.

Got one legendary, but not sure how good it is. It's the ogre one that summons a new creature any time your opponent casts a spell.

Liking the look of Hobgoblin for a Zoo deck. Gives +2/+2 to all 1 attack creatures you summon. Also the Iron Sensei or whatever it is called; like that. Adds 2/2 to a random mech at turn end. Some good Warrior cards too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 14:53 
8-Bit Champion

Had an interesting game earlier against a warlock when the mech that drops a random character when it dies decided to drop Loremaster Cho :-)

Difficult to play around for a while but in the end i killed him using one of their soulfires so i could get some of my secret cards down

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 15:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
POINT BEING that £48 for 60 packs of cards seems entirely reasonable for the play I'll get out of the game

Well, I'm not knocking your lifestyle by any means, but I don't live the same way you do. My work xmas lunch cost me £33 and I didn't hang around blarting cash into alcohol or fruit machines. I don't particularly drink, never smoke, don't buy consoles, and generally don't piss £60 up the wall on this or that without serious thought.

It's all a question of what you enjoy really. I'm currently giving serious thought to spending £160 on an entirely stupid robot vacuum cleaner that cleans for me and returns to its charging dock when its getting low on battery. £160 on a single mech and it doesn't even have divine shield!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 16:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Had 200 gold for 2 packs.

GOLDEN LEGENDARY! Except it's a Gazlowe, and I got the normal version of him out of my 60 packs the other day.

Oh well.

Also pictured, a seriously awesome pack I got out of the 60! (Golden common, rare, epic, and two legendaries!)

Attachment:
poffo.JPG

Attachment:
packo.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Currently having a ball with Trump's GvG aggro mage, it's a bit erratic IMO but the hilarity potential is off the scale.

There are two Jeeves in there so the idea is - (I assume, I haven't actually watched Trump play the deck) - that you can dump cards with reckless abandon, and hopefully get Jeeves hidden behind some taunts and just keep drawing cards with him.

Had a game against a warrior and I really did feel his pain, as I kept him constantly frozen with Ice Lance/Frostbolt/Snow Chugger to lock down his weapon, and kept clearing the board with my minions and playing as many cards as possible, and every turn Jeeves just did his 'Let me get that for you....' and dropped three cards into my hand at the end of my turn.

Finished the game with only three cards left in my deck and it wasn't much past Turn 10 :D

This is why I'm happy to have bought the card packs, it gives me the freedom to look at a list of the decks some of the top players have been coming up with and picking the ones that look like they might be fun to play with.

Attachment:
magegvg.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh yes, Unstable Portal is quite clearly massively OP and has got to be first in line for the nerf bat IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 13:12 
Excellent Member

I don't see how unstable portal can be nerfed. If they add 1 to the cost it will completely remove it's useability.

Besides, it's a fun card, and while many times it won the game for me, it also brought me absolutely nothing of value most of times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:10 
8-Bit Champion

RuySan wrote:
I don't see how unstable portal can be nerfed. If they add 1 to the cost it will completely remove it's useability.

If they add one to it then its still a bonus as you spend 3 now to get a minion with 3 less next turn (so a turn 3 play can let you drop a 7 point card on turn 4) , and unlike other cards this really does seem random - i've had a few legendary cards out of it but also some junk.

Oh and the other bonus is that it will give you class specific cards which can work in interesting ways with a mage (so Prophet Velen gives you double points for your standard mage power)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:41 
Hello Hello Hello

RuySan wrote:

Besides, it's a fun card, and while many times it won the game for me, it also brought me absolutely nothing of value most of times.

Oh don't get me wrong it's a very fun card, but I also think it's OP.

Loads of minions in the game cost 3 or less mana, so quite often you can play Unstable Portal for two mana and immediately play a three or less mana minion on the same turn.

I appreciate you could get a Wisp or something down at that sort of level, but it seems to me there's a pretty good chance you'll get a solid 3 drop or get to play a good 4-5-6 drop far earlier than would ever otherwise be the case (excepting a druid and he'd had to burn Innervates and/or Wild Growths to get that effect).

Also remember that it synergises very well with other mage cards (which is what Trump has done in that deck), such as Sorcerer's Apprentice and Mana Wyrm (which also synergise with each other).

Maybe I'm on an insanely good RNG run with my Portals, but for me at least it's working out ridiculously well, even if the card is a duffer it doesn't really cost you much in the way of mana, tempo, cards, or board. (A bit like Webspinner, even if it doesn't pay off the downside is negligible.)

And when it pays off very well it's obscene, I've had it deliver a 0 mana (!!!) King Mukla and a 3 mana The Beast, which are basically a 'win game' button.

I'm calling this card now for getting nerfed in the forseeable....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 14:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Aaaaand here's the result of the two Portals in my last game, delivering a three mana 7/6 and a six mana Alex.

Seriously, on an Arena draft I'd take 30 Unstable Portals if they were offered.

Attachment:
op01.JPG

Attachment:
op02.JPG

Attachment:
op03.JPG

Attachment:
op04.JPG

Attachment:
op05.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 
8-Bit Champion

Live for android in some territories now : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... earthstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:18 
Hello Hello Hello

All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. This is appealing.

Isn't a good Android tablet like half the cost of an iPad?

To the Android thread-o-tron, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. .

I may be missing something but did not think that Android tablets were locked out of products in the same way that Ipads are so could you not just skip the tablet part and play Hearthstone on your phone ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
All of a sudden I want an Android tablet. Wifi hotspot on my phone + tablet = Hearthstone anywhere. .

I may be missing something but did not think that Android tablets were locked out of products in the same way that Ipads are so could you not just skip the tablet part and play Hearthstone on your phone ?

The screen on a phone is far too small to play Hearthstone, TBH I find it a bit constricted on Mrs Hearthly's iPad Air, I definitely wouldn't want to go any smaller than that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

The Play store stops you downloading if it isn't compatible with your device, and the android hearthstone client has been set to be not compatible with my Note 3, so I would be very surprised if any other phone if compatible.

You can sideload it, I expect, but... faff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 16:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

Is it time for another tournament?

Rules are, you can use any class you like, but you have to create a new deck and immediately hit "done" for each round, so it autofills from your collection. No peeking at your decklist either, start your games as much in the dark as your opponent!

Each round is best of three and we'll do it as a league this time, so everyone gets a chance to play the same amount of games. You get a point for each game you win in the round, so a maximum of three points available each round.
Every round has to be a new deck each time, but you keep the same deck for the 3 games.

Anyone up for it?

Players:
Trooper (Trooper#2226)
RuySan
Curiosity
Hearthly (Chopley#1273)
Zaphod79#2243
Crazyface #2968
Slightly Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 17:03 
Excellent Member

good idea. I'm in

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 17:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Probably worth posting battletags too, so we can all find each other :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:27 
Sleepyhead

In. Can't remember my tag though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Sounds daft enough to be worth a try, I'm in :)

I'll ping my brother to see if he fancies it too, as I don't think he visits here that regularly.

Chopley#1273 is me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 22:28 
8-Bit Champion

In Zaphod79#2243

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 20:18 
Excellent Member

Hearthly wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

The screen on a phone is far too small to play Hearthstone, TBH I find it a bit constricted on Mrs Hearthly's iPad Air, I definitely wouldn't want to go any smaller than that.

I'm running it on my Hudl 2 and it runs great. For the money its a top tab.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 72  Next