Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 20:11 
Hello Hello Hello

Decided to try and do the daily quest in Ranked with my pissabout warlock deck..... BAD IDEA. Back down to Rank 20 after the initial jumpstart at 19 *** for my rank last season :D

Oh well at least there's very little to lose now, I may as well persevere :D

Seems to be an absolute fucking cacophony of aggro decks though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 20:25 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
TURN TO THE DARK SIDE.

Not even remotely tempting ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 23:43 
Legendary Boogeyman

A 6/3 Arena which gave me a stupid Conceal which I already have as a card reward. Then I open the pack to find yet another Conceal! All cards in the pack dusted.

Bah, enough gold for another run tomorrow though, so that's roughly one a day which is good enough progress for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 22:04 
Sleepyhead

Got a great Mage deck with loads of potential synergy, but only got a 3/3 in the end.

2 Ethereal Arcanists, 6 secrets, and only in one game did I draw both even vaguely together. last game I had the opp down to 6 health and was just waiting for any of my 3 remaining fireballs (I had 4). Got down to 4 cards by the time I died without drawing a single one. GAH! Luck is not on my side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 22:51 
Legendary Boogeyman

Arena is funny like that. Sometimes the deck looks perfectly solid but you'll splat and die. I've gotten to 4/0 several times and then end up going 4/3 because whatever seemed to make my deck good suddenly disappeared.

I have firmly established why Druid is my lowest level char - I can't play it at all. Was trying to grind casual for the quest earlier and lost perhaps 6 games on the trot with it. I'm not sure if the deck is total shit or I am. At some point I'll need to work on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 18:33 
Legendary Boogeyman

Wow, a 1/3 Arena, but once again I came up against the most bullshit decks imaginable.

Ragnaros with Faceless? Yep. Couldn't recover from that.

Paladin, which I'd smashed to smithereens only for him to pull a Lay on Hands, Guardian of Kings, Holy Light, and then fucking Tyrion on top.

Against drafts like that my deck had no chance, and it was a perfectly good one that absolutely deserved to go further. Fuck you Arena.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 19:16 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Against drafts like that my deck had no chance, and it was a perfectly good one that absolutely deserved to go further. Fuck you Arena.

Not feeling the motivation to do Arena at the moment, I dropped 1000 gold on 10 packs last week, and am back up to 580 gold again, sort of thinking I'll just get to 1000 again and buy another 10 packs. Tales like that from your last 1/3 run remind me how fucking annoying it can be :D

I'm having a fun fuckabout with the game this month, I did get up to Rank 16 with my wildly inconsistent Warrior deck, but it wasn't a great deck for Ranked, and after last month getting to Rank 9 I didn't fancy taking on the serious challenge again so soon.

As such I just insta-conceded one game after another right back to Rank 20 and am now having a jolly just trying any old random deck that takes my fancy, I love the way that you tend to meet all sorts of other equally random decks at Rank 20, because of course you can't lose stars before Rank 20 so people can get there with all sorts of weird and wonderful creations.

I might start to settle down on a deck to have a climb with as the month moves on, see how it goes I suppose.

So what's that now, about seven months of pretty intense play on this game? It's certainly got some legs in it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 21:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm going to be going dark for a while as I'm moving into my new flat and internet of any kind will be a couple of weeks away. I will miss out on many quests :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 21:50 
Hello Hello Hello

I'm going to be going dark for a while as I'm moving into my new flat and internet of any kind will be a couple of weeks away. I will miss out on many quests :(

THINK OF ALL THE GOLD YOU WON'T HAVE! :blown:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 22:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Got five wins as Hunter as my daily quest today so thought I'd bring the deck back into action, four wins on the trot and then lost four on the trot! Grrrr.

Won the game after that and was back in the groove a bit so played a few more.

Hunter vs Hunter in the current meta, that's a seriously vicious match-up - very rarely goes past Turn 8 :o (And often ends at 6 or 7.)

What I like about this deck though is it's not aggro (it's actually quite mid-range), it can go absolutely fucking postal when it needs to, but can also settle down for a far longer and more considered game when the match-up demands it, unlike zoo for example which totally runs out of steam if the game runs on for a bit and they don't get their aggro win.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 21:28 
Sleepyhead

Every arena deck I face seems to be stacked with legendaries.

Last one had Myxxena, Leeroy and Gruul.
One before had Rag (and then a faceless and an ironbark) and a Ysera

Made my Magma Rager look a bit weak :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 22:26 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Curiosity wrote:
Every arena deck I face seems to be stacked with legendaries.

I've had a run of them in the last few area's - always offered at least one and since the class stuff was limited i had a priest with mind control so could steal one if the other person played it :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Woah! Two serious nerfs incoming!

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... 79128810#1

Leeroy is getting hit with the big bat of nerf, going from 4 mana to 5, doesn't sound like much but will make a big difference IMO (look at what the UTH nerf did to hunters until the Naxx cards made the class viable again)......

Which leads onto Starving Buzzard going from 2 mana to..... 5 (!!!). The body changes from a 2/1 to a 3/2.

Think I might dust my Leeroy and get the 1600 dust back! I only ever use him in my Miracle Rogue deck anyway.

Starving Buzzard sounds like a massive nerf but I'm trying to work my head around the change, I guess the point is that it's played in the same way that Leeroy is played. (Leeroy has the downside that he summons two whelps for the opponent, but in reality he's used as a finisher so the other guys never gets chance to use the whelps. Similarly for Starving Buzzard you're not expecting it to survive, you're just using it for card draw for a single turn. Making it a 3/2 perhaps gives it a chance to survive a bit longer and draw cards over a couple of turns rather than one insane turn. Then again I routinely use the Buzzard just to draw a card or two, so I'm not so sure.)

Either way there's no doubt Hunters are in a very strong place right now, maybe Buzzard is getting OP with the new low cost beasts Webspinner and Haunted Creeper which can negate the need to use UTH? Certainly at the moment it's possible to play two Buzzards in a turn and then lob down a Webspinner or Creeper to get solid card draw without using UTH at all.

Interesting stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:01 
ugvm'er at heart...

Might as well dust the starving buzzards too if you don't plan on playing a hunter deck for a little bit. You'll get full dust and might get a couple in packs before you need it again. If you don't you can always craft them back again for the same cost.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Might as well dust the starving buzzards too if you don't plan on playing a hunter deck for a little bit. You'll get full dust and might get a couple in packs before you need it again. If you don't you can always craft them back again for the same cost.

The Buzzards are standard soulbound hunter cards, so no dustage going on there. I'm still trying to think through how the nerf will work, Hunter is a strong class and TBH I think it'll still be a strong and viable class even after this nerf.

Buzzards are only really very good against certain classes anyway, against classes/decks that tend not to play a lot of minions they're far less effective as the UTH combo goes out of the window, whereas classes that tend to be minion heavy (shammies and some mage builds for example) it can be ruinous.

Then again that's always been the case, so maybe it's the new low-cost beasts that have forced Blizzard's hand.

2 to 5 mana is a HUGE jump though, and I'm concerned that the 3/2 body will still be a trivial task for just about any class to remove the turn after it's played, negating its ability to draw cards over more than one turn. (I'd rather see it as a 2/4 or even a 2/5, to give it a chance at survival.)

It's definitely going to be one to watch.

The Leerory nerf is more straightforward and even though it will directly affect my miracle rogue deck I can't argue against it. The card is mega-powerful, especially when comboed with Cold Blood and Shadowstep.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Trump disagrees with my analysis and he probably knows more than me :D

He basically calls the Buzzard change 'the death of hunter', the nerf literally makes the entire class non-viable. ('Now that hunter is dead, and I am saying hunter is dead.....')

Leeroy he says will no longer be used by Miracle Rogue and Handlock (Leeory > Power Overwhelming > Faceless can no longer be done in one turn). Miracle Rogue he sees as ditching Leeroy and moving to Malygos, Handlock he sees as having other options.

But as for the Buzzard change - 'Rest in peace hunter, prepare for the rise of the handlock, shaman, and a lot of other decks to be viable now.'

His thoughts about the latest changes are right at the end of this video, from about 5h38m.

http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/567541898

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 13:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

Wow. 5 mana for buzzard kills the card. I'm not sure you'd even play it for 4.

You have to assume this is off the back of shitloads of data that shows which cards make hunter OP, but still.

Leeroy was always absurd value for 4. Reckless rocketeer is 6, only attacks for 5. No whelps but the main cost was the key advantage. Interesting times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 13:44 
8-Bit Champion

No whelps but the main cost was the key advantage. Interesting times.

Its also the way it works with other cards like and combo's

I've been playing with a hunter for the last few days and have had some good wins and some terrible situations and although i dont often get the buzzard to fire off correctly when it does its amazing

(on 10 mana having no cards - draw a Buzzard and then play each new card as they come out to clear the board and leave a winning position)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 23:10 
Hello Hello Hello

New Leeroy I can almost sort of get along with (although given the downside of the whelps you could argue a Rocketeer makes more sense now, or the Golem).

But seriously, look at what the fucking new Buzzard is going to be!

If Blizzard really didn't want the card to be played EVER AGAIN BY ANYONE, they should have just deleted the fucking thing.

You do have to wonder with Blizzard and balance sometimes, the rollercoaster ride my classes went through in WoW did make me pause for thought sometimes....

Attachment:
insaneoooo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 23:32 
Sleepyhead

FFS Priest!

I had him down to 1 health. Equal cards and he has no minions. I have an 8/8 and a 4/10.

About seven turns later he wins whilst on 15 health.

Soulpriest, double circle of healing, mind shock. Then shadow words both of my subsequent ironbarks, healing all the time, then steals my Gruul and pounds me down.

Bastard. Very well played, if a tad fortuitous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 17:14 
Hello Hello Hello

A mind-blowingly exciting video of me opening ten packs of cards purchased with 1000 gold.

Hold onto your hats and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 20:26 
Sleepyhead

The 'Duplicate' secret is fucked, right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 21:35 
8-Bit Champion

And after a good Arena run for me tonight my reward was 125 gold , 30 dust , and my third legendary card

A golden : http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Nozdormu

I dont think it will really work for me but since is the golden version i can dust it and get any other legendary just need to have a think about what I would like to have

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

I am concerned that you pronounce it 'legendry'.

But otherwise a golden Thalnos... nice!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

Curiosity wrote:

Why do you say that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 
Hello Hello Hello

I am concerned that you pronounce it 'legendry'.

But otherwise a golden Thalnos... nice!

Northern dialect, innit. And I think that's how the Scottish chap pronounces it too?

And yes, I was quite chuffed to see him turn up, apart from an Alex there's no other 'legendry' I'd have wanted!

Tune in for the next exciting episode, or something, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:39 
Sleepyhead

Curiosity wrote:

Why do you say that?

It doesn't work as the card description says.

It only triggers (as far as I can tell) when enemy action kills a minion, and then not all minions (it has never triggered on a minion I got via The mirror secret one).

So if I summon a knife juggler, then next then set up Duplicate and run him into a minion that kills him, it doesn't give me two knife jugglers. It doesn't trigger at all. However, next turn the other guy kills a 0/2 I have, and it triggers on that. It has been inconsistent against the opponent too. One time I killed an acolyte of pain and it failed to trigger on him for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

It doesn't trigger on the turn you play it to start with.
But I have had games like that too, where it only triggers on enemy actions, not my own. I figured it was a bug as i'm sure i've had games where it has worked as expected.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 
Legendary Boogeyman

I believe you may have both missed the change where secrets can ONLY trigger on the opponents turn, not on yours. This was to prevent a variety of sneaky plays that had you triggering your own traps - the change was made some months ago. The behaviour you've described is as expected. For duplicate this is logical, as it's too advantageous to dictate which minion of yours gets duplicated by killing it on your own turn.

You need to play accordingly to leave alive only the minion you want copied in the hopes you opponent kills it. They either kill it and you get what you want, or they have to leave your desirable minion alive which is an advantage in itself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 
Sleepyhead

Ah. I did miss that change.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

Heh, me too! That'll explain it :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:28 
8-Bit Champion

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/15/heart ... m-players/

Quote:
Hearthstone achievement unlocked: 20M players

Blizzard Entertainment announced today that its free-to-play digital card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft has reached 20 million players between its PC and mobile platforms.

The game launched for Windows and Mac in March, and it arrived on the iPad in April and Windows 8 touch platforms in August. Mobile OSX and AndroidOS versions launch later this year.

Players take on the role of heroes and assemble a group of minion and spell cards to battle others in turn-based combat. While they don’t trade cards, players can destroy cards to create new ones. Or they can buy packs or win them in the Arena mode.

The game is free to play, with in-game purchases available for card packs, Arena entries, and single-player “adventures.” The first such adventure, The Curse of Naxxramas, cost $7 or 700 in-game gold per collection/wing of bosses in the five-wing dungeon, with discounts available for multiple wings.

Finalists in the Hearthstone World Championship will compete at BlizzCon 2014 on Nov. 7 and Nov. 8 for a prize pool of $250,000.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

'Mobile OSX'?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:42 
Sleepyhead

Bloody hell. If you can't kill Archmage Antonidas first go, you're basically dead.

Silly that he can just chain fireballs until the end of time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 23:39 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Bloody hell. If you can't kill Archmage Antonidas first go, you're basically dead.

Silly that he can just chain fireballs until the end of time.

Well he is a legendary :)

I agree he's a very annoying card to face, and it's not easy to tell if the mage you're up against is going to play him or not, so he's a hard one to prepare for.

That said he is a 7 drop and he only 'works' when more spells are cast after he's played, as a general rule I put as much pressure as I can on mages, and try to force them to use their cheaper spells early on, whether or not I think they've got an Antonidas coming up. (So like most legendaries really, he's not an 'insta-win' card, but he needs a deck and board to work with him.)

It is very satisfying to see a desperate Antonidas chucked down by a mage, and you finish the player off before he has the chance to chain anything off him.

But yeah, very fucking annoying when you see the Fireballs stacking up in your enemy's hand and you know lethal is coming up. Once I know I'm past the point of no return I just concede, I ain't gonna sit there and watch some fucker launch turn after turn of Fireballs at my face :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 
Sleepyhead

We were basically top decking. I had a low power minin out and around 15 more health. He got that, next turn got polymorph, into fireball, next turn fireball into fireball into death.

Arena match too!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhh I see :)

Well, if you will subject yourself to Arena when you could be opening multiple card packs and uploading sensational footage to YouTube.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 
Sleepyhead

Hearthly wrote:
Ahhh I see :)

Well, if you will subject yourself to Arena when you could be opening multiple card packs and uploading sensational footage to YouTube.....

True.

I just need to be more rock and roll.

Or I could save up the gold to pay for Naxx.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm not playing anywhere near as much as I was before, ever since the end of Naxx. I enjoyed Naxx and eagerly waited for each wing to be released, but now knowing that there won't be any more new content for a long while, it's all gone a bit stale.

A bit of a shame, but it was inevitable really.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 18:28 
Hello Hello Hello

Legendary for zaphod! :DD

Milhouse Manastorm :spew:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:14 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:

My 4th Legendary , and dusted almost instantly :-)

I have 1200 dust and have a golden Nozdormu to dust so almost enough for 2 legednary cards - and need to decide which ones

Ysera
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza are the 3 that i think would be most useful to me (I only have Nate and Prophet Velen both of which i do actually use)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:35 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

My 4th Legendary , and dusted almost instantly :-)

I have 1200 dust and have a golden Nozdormu to dust so almost enough for 2 legednary cards - and need to decide which ones

Ysera
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza are the 3 that i think would be most useful to me (I only have Nate and Prophet Velen both of which i do actually use)

Ysera is just too slow these days, she's an end-game card to start with, and she needs a turn or two after that for you to get the dream cards and a chance to play them (and even then you might get a shitty Laughing Sister). The meta is too swift at the moment for her to make much sense, plus her 4/12 body isn't a great deal of use by itself either.

Ragnaros is a safe bet, you're guaranteed 8 damage on the turn you play him, and you can choose the board you play him into. The longer he lives, the more dangerous he gets. He's somewhat ubiquitous these days, but IMO that's because he's such a solid legendary, and he almost always demands your opponent's attention.

Alex is a great card but not for every deck, so you need to put some thought around that one, and how you'd play her. EBG might be able to advise better on her, I don't have one myself, although she most certainly can be a pain in the arse to play against, I know that much :D

If you're after a solid legendary that will deliver good service in a wide variety of decks as a great 6 drop, you can't go too far wrong with Cairne. He's very rarely an immediate game changer, but he's a troublesome motherfucker to get rid of and usually takes some expense on your opponent's side to dispense with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:47 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Ysera is just too slow these days, she's an end-game card to start with, and she needs a turn or two after that for you to get the dream cards and a chance to play them

I've never had any luck using Ysera in area , however i've had great success in stealing opponents ones with the priest and the 12 health can be useful to keep her around or to buff her with double health and health=attack

It is also one of those cards if someone plays one against me and i cant clear it almost instantly then they win the game.

Hearthly wrote:
Ragnaros is a safe bet, you're guaranteed 8 damage on the turn you play him, and you can choose the board you play him into. The longer he lives, the more dangerous he gets. He's somewhat ubiquitous these days, but IMO that's because he's such a solid legendary, and he almost always demands your opponent's attention.

I'm pretty sure he will be one of the cards - and i've had him in arena a few times and he sorta works with just about any deck

Hearthly wrote:
Alex is a great card but not for every deck, so you need to put some thought around that one, and how you'd play her. EBG might be able to advise better on her, I don't have one myself, although she most certainly can be a pain in the arse to play against, I know that much :D

The reasons for her is that i had one in a recent arena and had a really good run - the change your health up to 15 can be a game changer , and having an enemy go down from 30 to 15 and then face some of your minions already out is a great ender - even just a few minions on the board at 2 and 3 points and thats another chunk off their health and its pretty much game over - i had her as part of a hunter deck and even playing it onto an empty board - if they dont kill her then her 8 + 2 from my hero power and whatever else i can throw was often how the match ended.

I'm also thinking its a good card for taking down the Nax legendarys which i've not done yet

Hearthly wrote:
If you're after a solid legendary that will deliver good service in a wide variety of decks as a great 6 drop, you can't go too far wrong with Cairne. He's very rarely an immediate game changer, but he's a troublesome motherfucker to get rid of and usually takes some expense on your opponent's side to dispense with.

Not came across him much , as a priest i'd just silence and kill him - but its probably because no-one has used it well against me that its not one i thought about - having the mage duplicate power or the nax card that triggers deathrattles twice may work well with him

Anyone have any other suggestions - my 'main' characters are Priest / Mage and i've been playing a lot of Hunter recently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 21:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

You could try leeroy out for a bit. You'll get full dust back after the nerf if he isn't working for you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 21:59 
Sleepyhead

Noooo!

Arena vs a Druid.

He's survived my Ysera but is on 1 health. he has no cards, and I have 30 health, no cards, but five 1/1 or 2/1 minions (one with Divine Shield).

He top decks an Ironbark, and in the next 5 draws I fail to pick any of the multiple direct damage cards I have :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 
Hello Hello Hello

Complaining about bad beats in Arena is tantamount to holidaying in Syria and then complaining that things are a bit warry for your tastes.

Constructed can be cruel enough, Arena takes it to a whole new level.

I enjoy the game more since I binned off Arena, if I'm not in the mood for Ranked Constructed then Casual games fill the gap nicely. Or Rayman Legends.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 
Hello Hello Hello

My mate Gaz is over for his annual visit this weekend (he's been over every year for 20 years, not missed a single one).

We always have a GRAND ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP comprised of just about everything. Pool and darts and foozball in the pubs (pinballs back when they still had them), and videogames in the house (everything from Fight Night Round 4 and Virtua Tennis on the 360 (Worms Armageddon is a favourite too), right back to Hyper Sports and Track & Field on the chipped XBox).

Every win gets a point, and at the end of the long weekend the chap with the most points is declared champion of the year, and then next year we do it all again. (We'll stake a point on all sorts of shit, choosing a queue at Shoprite on who gets to the till first for a point, for example, and he bet me a point that Mrs Hearthly wouldn't know who Jessica Ennis is (this was right after the Olympics). I said she wouldn't know who she was, he said that would be like not knowing who the prime minister is, I won that point.)

Anyway, I've been pimping Hearthstone out to him for months as the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT game for us to lock horns over, and he's refused to so much as even install it. Apparently getting as far as seeing the stuff about mana crystals and mages and spells and going no further. I tried to explain that Warcraft is just the theme and the 'skin' for a deep and wonderful strategy game but he was having none of it.

(The annoying this was I just KNEW that if I could get him to play it, he'd love it.)

So yesterday not long after he arrived I seized his iPad Air and installed Hearthstone, and got him to go through the tutorial fights. Even at that stage I could see he was 'getting it', the mechanics were clicking with him and he was enjoying it, and indeed immediately after completing the tutorials he was up for a game against me with us both using basic decks. He then fucking beat twice me using a basic mage deck, albeit with me using warrior and then rogue, both of which are awful basic decks.

I then switched to mage and clobbered him three times on the trot (the basic mage deck is by far the best IMO, and the hero power is sublime in such a minion heavy deck), but by this time the hooks were in and he was a convert, to such an extent that at 1am he was charging his almost totally flat iPad for 5-6 minutes at a time just to give him enough charge to play another game out in Ranked. (He's Rank 24 already.)

He's also put together his first tentative deck, and opened up a couple of card packs, he got a Bloodmage Thalnos in his second pack!

WE HAVE A CONVERT!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:40 
Sleepyhead

I have an Arena deck with Onyxia in it (Mage).

My current play of choice is Onyxia, followed by Cult Master, and kill off all those whelps :DD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 
Sleepyhead

When is the Buzzard nerf coming in? Keep getting reamed by Buzzard/UTH/Timber Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
When is the Buzzard nerf coming in? Keep getting reamed by Buzzard/UTH/Timber Wolf

22nd.

You can play around it pretty well though IMO, just don't have too much shit on the board if you haven't seen the cards come down in the game so far.

There's no real problem with the cards (or at least there wasn't, the previous UTH nerf did the job), it's the new Naxx ones that arguably unbalanced them a bit, but the nerf for Buzzard is waaaayy over the top. Blizz may as well have just taken it out of the game because it's such a fuck you.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 72  Next