Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 17:14 
Hello Hello Hello

A mind-blowingly exciting video of me opening ten packs of cards purchased with 1000 gold.

Hold onto your hats and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 20:26 
Sleepyhead

The 'Duplicate' secret is fucked, right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 21:35 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

And after a good Arena run for me tonight my reward was 125 gold , 30 dust , and my third legendary card

A golden : http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Nozdormu

I dont think it will really work for me but since is the golden version i can dust it and get any other legendary just need to have a think about what I would like to have

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

I am concerned that you pronounce it 'legendry'.

But otherwise a golden Thalnos... nice!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

Curiosity wrote:

Why do you say that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
I am concerned that you pronounce it 'legendry'.

But otherwise a golden Thalnos... nice!

Northern dialect, innit. And I think that's how the Scottish chap pronounces it too?

And yes, I was quite chuffed to see him turn up, apart from an Alex there's no other 'legendry' I'd have wanted!

Tune in for the next exciting episode, or something, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:39 
Sleepyhead

Curiosity wrote:

Why do you say that?

It doesn't work as the card description says.

It only triggers (as far as I can tell) when enemy action kills a minion, and then not all minions (it has never triggered on a minion I got via The mirror secret one).

So if I summon a knife juggler, then next then set up Duplicate and run him into a minion that kills him, it doesn't give me two knife jugglers. It doesn't trigger at all. However, next turn the other guy kills a 0/2 I have, and it triggers on that. It has been inconsistent against the opponent too. One time I killed an acolyte of pain and it failed to trigger on him for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

It doesn't trigger on the turn you play it to start with.
But I have had games like that too, where it only triggers on enemy actions, not my own. I figured it was a bug as i'm sure i've had games where it has worked as expected.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 
Legendary Boogeyman

I believe you may have both missed the change where secrets can ONLY trigger on the opponents turn, not on yours. This was to prevent a variety of sneaky plays that had you triggering your own traps - the change was made some months ago. The behaviour you've described is as expected. For duplicate this is logical, as it's too advantageous to dictate which minion of yours gets duplicated by killing it on your own turn.

You need to play accordingly to leave alive only the minion you want copied in the hopes you opponent kills it. They either kill it and you get what you want, or they have to leave your desirable minion alive which is an advantage in itself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 
Sleepyhead

Ah. I did miss that change.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

Heh, me too! That'll explain it :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:28 
8-Bit Champion

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/15/heart ... m-players/

Quote:
Hearthstone achievement unlocked: 20M players

Blizzard Entertainment announced today that its free-to-play digital card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft has reached 20 million players between its PC and mobile platforms.

The game launched for Windows and Mac in March, and it arrived on the iPad in April and Windows 8 touch platforms in August. Mobile OSX and AndroidOS versions launch later this year.

Players take on the role of heroes and assemble a group of minion and spell cards to battle others in turn-based combat. While they don’t trade cards, players can destroy cards to create new ones. Or they can buy packs or win them in the Arena mode.

The game is free to play, with in-game purchases available for card packs, Arena entries, and single-player “adventures.” The first such adventure, The Curse of Naxxramas, cost $7 or 700 in-game gold per collection/wing of bosses in the five-wing dungeon, with discounts available for multiple wings.

Finalists in the Hearthstone World Championship will compete at BlizzCon 2014 on Nov. 7 and Nov. 8 for a prize pool of $250,000.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

'Mobile OSX'?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 21:42 
Sleepyhead

Bloody hell. If you can't kill Archmage Antonidas first go, you're basically dead.

Silly that he can just chain fireballs until the end of time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 23:39 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Bloody hell. If you can't kill Archmage Antonidas first go, you're basically dead.

Silly that he can just chain fireballs until the end of time.

Well he is a legendary :)

I agree he's a very annoying card to face, and it's not easy to tell if the mage you're up against is going to play him or not, so he's a hard one to prepare for.

That said he is a 7 drop and he only 'works' when more spells are cast after he's played, as a general rule I put as much pressure as I can on mages, and try to force them to use their cheaper spells early on, whether or not I think they've got an Antonidas coming up. (So like most legendaries really, he's not an 'insta-win' card, but he needs a deck and board to work with him.)

It is very satisfying to see a desperate Antonidas chucked down by a mage, and you finish the player off before he has the chance to chain anything off him.

But yeah, very fucking annoying when you see the Fireballs stacking up in your enemy's hand and you know lethal is coming up. Once I know I'm past the point of no return I just concede, I ain't gonna sit there and watch some fucker launch turn after turn of Fireballs at my face :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 
Sleepyhead

We were basically top decking. I had a low power minin out and around 15 more health. He got that, next turn got polymorph, into fireball, next turn fireball into fireball into death.

Arena match too!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhh I see :)

Well, if you will subject yourself to Arena when you could be opening multiple card packs and uploading sensational footage to YouTube.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 
Sleepyhead

Hearthly wrote:
Ahhh I see :)

Well, if you will subject yourself to Arena when you could be opening multiple card packs and uploading sensational footage to YouTube.....

True.

I just need to be more rock and roll.

Or I could save up the gold to pay for Naxx.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm not playing anywhere near as much as I was before, ever since the end of Naxx. I enjoyed Naxx and eagerly waited for each wing to be released, but now knowing that there won't be any more new content for a long while, it's all gone a bit stale.

A bit of a shame, but it was inevitable really.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 18:28 
Hello Hello Hello

Legendary for zaphod! :DD

Milhouse Manastorm :spew:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:14 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:

My 4th Legendary , and dusted almost instantly :-)

I have 1200 dust and have a golden Nozdormu to dust so almost enough for 2 legednary cards - and need to decide which ones

Ysera
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza are the 3 that i think would be most useful to me (I only have Nate and Prophet Velen both of which i do actually use)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:35 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

My 4th Legendary , and dusted almost instantly :-)

I have 1200 dust and have a golden Nozdormu to dust so almost enough for 2 legednary cards - and need to decide which ones

Ysera
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza are the 3 that i think would be most useful to me (I only have Nate and Prophet Velen both of which i do actually use)

Ysera is just too slow these days, she's an end-game card to start with, and she needs a turn or two after that for you to get the dream cards and a chance to play them (and even then you might get a shitty Laughing Sister). The meta is too swift at the moment for her to make much sense, plus her 4/12 body isn't a great deal of use by itself either.

Ragnaros is a safe bet, you're guaranteed 8 damage on the turn you play him, and you can choose the board you play him into. The longer he lives, the more dangerous he gets. He's somewhat ubiquitous these days, but IMO that's because he's such a solid legendary, and he almost always demands your opponent's attention.

Alex is a great card but not for every deck, so you need to put some thought around that one, and how you'd play her. EBG might be able to advise better on her, I don't have one myself, although she most certainly can be a pain in the arse to play against, I know that much :D

If you're after a solid legendary that will deliver good service in a wide variety of decks as a great 6 drop, you can't go too far wrong with Cairne. He's very rarely an immediate game changer, but he's a troublesome motherfucker to get rid of and usually takes some expense on your opponent's side to dispense with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:47 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Ysera is just too slow these days, she's an end-game card to start with, and she needs a turn or two after that for you to get the dream cards and a chance to play them

I've never had any luck using Ysera in area , however i've had great success in stealing opponents ones with the priest and the 12 health can be useful to keep her around or to buff her with double health and health=attack

It is also one of those cards if someone plays one against me and i cant clear it almost instantly then they win the game.

Hearthly wrote:
Ragnaros is a safe bet, you're guaranteed 8 damage on the turn you play him, and you can choose the board you play him into. The longer he lives, the more dangerous he gets. He's somewhat ubiquitous these days, but IMO that's because he's such a solid legendary, and he almost always demands your opponent's attention.

I'm pretty sure he will be one of the cards - and i've had him in arena a few times and he sorta works with just about any deck

Hearthly wrote:
Alex is a great card but not for every deck, so you need to put some thought around that one, and how you'd play her. EBG might be able to advise better on her, I don't have one myself, although she most certainly can be a pain in the arse to play against, I know that much :D

The reasons for her is that i had one in a recent arena and had a really good run - the change your health up to 15 can be a game changer , and having an enemy go down from 30 to 15 and then face some of your minions already out is a great ender - even just a few minions on the board at 2 and 3 points and thats another chunk off their health and its pretty much game over - i had her as part of a hunter deck and even playing it onto an empty board - if they dont kill her then her 8 + 2 from my hero power and whatever else i can throw was often how the match ended.

I'm also thinking its a good card for taking down the Nax legendarys which i've not done yet

Hearthly wrote:
If you're after a solid legendary that will deliver good service in a wide variety of decks as a great 6 drop, you can't go too far wrong with Cairne. He's very rarely an immediate game changer, but he's a troublesome motherfucker to get rid of and usually takes some expense on your opponent's side to dispense with.

Not came across him much , as a priest i'd just silence and kill him - but its probably because no-one has used it well against me that its not one i thought about - having the mage duplicate power or the nax card that triggers deathrattles twice may work well with him

Anyone have any other suggestions - my 'main' characters are Priest / Mage and i've been playing a lot of Hunter recently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 21:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

You could try leeroy out for a bit. You'll get full dust back after the nerf if he isn't working for you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 21:59 
Sleepyhead

Noooo!

Arena vs a Druid.

He's survived my Ysera but is on 1 health. he has no cards, and I have 30 health, no cards, but five 1/1 or 2/1 minions (one with Divine Shield).

He top decks an Ironbark, and in the next 5 draws I fail to pick any of the multiple direct damage cards I have :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 
Hello Hello Hello

Complaining about bad beats in Arena is tantamount to holidaying in Syria and then complaining that things are a bit warry for your tastes.

Constructed can be cruel enough, Arena takes it to a whole new level.

I enjoy the game more since I binned off Arena, if I'm not in the mood for Ranked Constructed then Casual games fill the gap nicely. Or Rayman Legends.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 
Hello Hello Hello

My mate Gaz is over for his annual visit this weekend (he's been over every year for 20 years, not missed a single one).

We always have a GRAND ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP comprised of just about everything. Pool and darts and foozball in the pubs (pinballs back when they still had them), and videogames in the house (everything from Fight Night Round 4 and Virtua Tennis on the 360 (Worms Armageddon is a favourite too), right back to Hyper Sports and Track & Field on the chipped XBox).

Every win gets a point, and at the end of the long weekend the chap with the most points is declared champion of the year, and then next year we do it all again. (We'll stake a point on all sorts of shit, choosing a queue at Shoprite on who gets to the till first for a point, for example, and he bet me a point that Mrs Hearthly wouldn't know who Jessica Ennis is (this was right after the Olympics). I said she wouldn't know who she was, he said that would be like not knowing who the prime minister is, I won that point.)

Anyway, I've been pimping Hearthstone out to him for months as the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT game for us to lock horns over, and he's refused to so much as even install it. Apparently getting as far as seeing the stuff about mana crystals and mages and spells and going no further. I tried to explain that Warcraft is just the theme and the 'skin' for a deep and wonderful strategy game but he was having none of it.

(The annoying this was I just KNEW that if I could get him to play it, he'd love it.)

So yesterday not long after he arrived I seized his iPad Air and installed Hearthstone, and got him to go through the tutorial fights. Even at that stage I could see he was 'getting it', the mechanics were clicking with him and he was enjoying it, and indeed immediately after completing the tutorials he was up for a game against me with us both using basic decks. He then fucking beat twice me using a basic mage deck, albeit with me using warrior and then rogue, both of which are awful basic decks.

I then switched to mage and clobbered him three times on the trot (the basic mage deck is by far the best IMO, and the hero power is sublime in such a minion heavy deck), but by this time the hooks were in and he was a convert, to such an extent that at 1am he was charging his almost totally flat iPad for 5-6 minutes at a time just to give him enough charge to play another game out in Ranked. (He's Rank 24 already.)

He's also put together his first tentative deck, and opened up a couple of card packs, he got a Bloodmage Thalnos in his second pack!

WE HAVE A CONVERT!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:40 
Sleepyhead

I have an Arena deck with Onyxia in it (Mage).

My current play of choice is Onyxia, followed by Cult Master, and kill off all those whelps :DD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 
Sleepyhead

When is the Buzzard nerf coming in? Keep getting reamed by Buzzard/UTH/Timber Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
When is the Buzzard nerf coming in? Keep getting reamed by Buzzard/UTH/Timber Wolf

22nd.

You can play around it pretty well though IMO, just don't have too much shit on the board if you haven't seen the cards come down in the game so far.

There's no real problem with the cards (or at least there wasn't, the previous UTH nerf did the job), it's the new Naxx ones that arguably unbalanced them a bit, but the nerf for Buzzard is waaaayy over the top. Blizz may as well have just taken it out of the game because it's such a fuck you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:47 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
it's the new Naxx ones that arguably unbalanced them a bit, but the nerf for Buzzard is waaaayy over the top. Blizz may as well have just taken it out of the game because it's such a fuck you.

I think its a bigger play to get rid of the amount of hunters - in other news it must be legendary season because i just got another - King Krush !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 20:49 
Sleepyhead

Hearthly wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

22nd.

You can play around it pretty well though IMO, just don't have too much shit on the board if you haven't seen the cards come down in the game so far.

There's no real problem with the cards (or at least there wasn't, the previous UTH nerf did the job), it's the new Naxx ones that arguably unbalanced them a bit, but the nerf for Buzzard is waaaayy over the top. Blizz may as well have just taken it out of the game because it's such a fuck you.

My decks that lose to it have generally been about moving quickly, so having three minions out isn't absurd (especially given that you don't know if they'll have the lot in their hand from the start). Just that for 7 mana the Hunter can get 6 minions out, draw 5 cards, deal 9 damage. I don't know of any other combo that's so effective at 7 mana (or at 6 with one TW).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 22:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
My decks that lose to it have generally been about moving quickly, so having three minions out isn't absurd (especially given that you don't know if they'll have the lot in their hand from the start). Just that for 7 mana the Hunter can get 6 minions out, draw 5 cards, deal 9 damage. I don't know of any other combo that's so effective at 7 mana (or at 6 with one TW).

Well yeah but Hunter has been fine for months since the UTH nerf (which I agree was needed) and the Eaglehorn got a nerf as well, it's only since Naxx that the nerf bat has come around again for them.

I agree they can be a pain in the arse class to play against, but IMO it's the Webspinner and Mad Scientist that are the problem cards, not the UTH/Buzzard and potentially Timber as well. (I don't even run with Timber in my Hunter deck.)

Thing is Blizz won't admit they dropped a clanger with the Naxx cards so they'll just nerf the fuck out of the old stuff instead.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 22:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

8:3 in arena earlier, my best yet :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:17 
Hello Hello Hello

Interesting(ish) stats for the stat fans, I earned precisely 550 gold last week off the daily quests and 'other games'. (I cleaned myself out last Sunday of 1000 gold to buy 10 packs, by close of play yesterday I had 550 gold in the bank).

So it's looking good for my GRAND TEN PACKS OPENING every second Sunday. I'm expecting the YouTube videos to go viral and then I'll retire from the day job and live off the revenues from my bi-weekly card opening Twitch streaming channel.

We're away for a short family break to Liverpool tomorrow, I'm only taking my Chromebook so of course no Hearthstone on that, Mrs Hearthly has been instructed to clear enough space on her iPad Air for a Hearthstone install so that I can keep up with the daily quests.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

Meanwhile, I miss having internet at home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 
Hello Hello Hello

Meanwhile, I miss having internet at home.

Our hotel has wireless, I made damn sure of that :D

Given Manx Telecom's roaming data charges (£5.99 upfront and then 35p PER FUCKING MEGABYTE) I think it's safe to say both me and Mrs Hearthly's mobiles will have data turned off, so there'll be no tethering going on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 13:18 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Given Manx Telecom's roaming data charges (£5.99 upfront and then 35p PER FUCKING MEGABYTE) I think it's safe to say both me and Mrs Hearthly's mobiles will have data turned off, so there'll be no tethering going on.

Given how crap that is - have you thought of having a sim for when you do go to the UK (assuming your phones are unlocked).

A Giff Gaff sim would not have a recurring charge and you could either just pay for a pack with data or a pack with data and calls for cheapness (£12 gets you unlimited data and a reasonable call allowance for a month - £7.50 would get you a gigs worth of data) - free sim and you could get it and just keep them for when you travel over to the UK ?

(Giff gaff is just an example I bet there are other similar deals)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 13:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Three 321 payg sim. 3p per call, 2p per text, 1p per megabyte, credit you load on never runs out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 16:06 
Hello Hello Hello

Cheers for the suggestions guys :) TBH though I'm not fussed about having mobile data over there, we'll have wifi in the hotel and there are hotspots everywhere. I know some of the chaps at work have dual-SIM phones but they go across a lot more regularly than I do so it makes sense for them.

As long as I can get onto Hearthstone for long enough to do the daily quests I'll be content :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 18:27 
Hello Hello Hello

LAST CHANCE to play Leeroy at 4 mana today! TBH I don't think his nerf is off-the-scale horrible and having been dicking about with my Miracle Rogue in casual quite a lot over the weekend, I might actually keep him in the deck. The 1600 dust refund is tempting but TBH I'm hard-pushed to think of a legendary I'd craft in his place. An Alex is very tempting but what deck would I use her in?

ALSO LAST CHANCE to play a 2 mana Starving Buzzard before Blizzard NUKE THE CARD FROM ORBIT AND SCATTER ITS ASHES TO THE INFINITE CORNERS OF THE UNIVERSE. 2 to 5 mana, it's not a nerf, it's carnage. The card dies today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 20:00 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
ALSO LAST CHANCE to play a 2 mana Starving Buzzard before Blizzard NUKE THE CARD FROM ORBIT AND SCATTER ITS ASHES TO THE INFINITE CORNERS OF THE UNIVERSE. 2 to 5 mana, it's not a nerf, it's carnage. The card dies today.

Pity I cant dust them , I've been doing well with my hunter - mid rank 14 and it tends to be ice mages or warriors that beat me at this point

Card draw will be interesting for a hunter now , accolite of pain may be do-able I suppose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 
Hello Hello Hello

Game was down for scheduled maintenance last night and is now live again with the changes.

Leeroy still looks sort of usable, but that Buzzard, yowsers.

I had a last hurrah with my hunter last night, I can see where Blizz are coming from, Turn 5 Buzzard > UTH is very powerful, especially against classes that can have lots of minions out by then. Plus there's a good chance you'll have and/or get a Hunter's Mark with the draw.

I'm curious to see what happens with Hunter now, obviously the Buzzards are coming out of my deck, although UTH may actually be a keeper (perhaps go down to one), got to think about card draw though! (Cult Master > UTH would still work but the beast synergy will be gone.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:13 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
I'm curious to see what happens with Hunter now, obviously the Buzzards are coming out of my deck, although UTH may actually be a keeper (perhaps go down to one), got to think about card draw though! (Cult Master > UTH would still work but the beast synergy will be gone.)

You still might end up playing them assuming you draw them from Webslingers and I'd welcome one of those over say the captains parrot (since i don't have any pirates in my deck)

Its strange how many of the recent Nerfs are around hunter (UTH , Bow , Buzzard) but I dont remember seeing anything to nerf the Miracle Rogue ? (yes some cards from Hearthstone but thats not the same)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:21 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Its strange how many of the recent Nerfs are around hunter (UTH , Bow , Buzzard) but I dont remember seeing anything to nerf the Miracle Rogue ? (yes some cards from Hearthstone but thats not the same)

Miracle Rogue is pretty much nowhere on the ladder at the moment though, the Naxx cards put paid to any chances of it being consistently competitive. (Which was partly their intention.)

I still play my Miracle Rogue but only in casual for shits and giggles, (and even then I'd say my winrate isn't much better than 50/50), I wouldn't take it out into Ranked, certainly not at Ranks 15-10 which is generally where I'm playing at.

Add in the Leeroy nerf, now even more so!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 
Hello Hello Hello

I have to say, it is pretty bloody tempting....

Attachment:
temptation.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 20:22 
Hello Hello Hello

The wifi in this hotel is shit, unless it's late at night, the middle of the night, during the day, or early in the morning. (So I guess what I mean is from around 6pm to 10pm it's wanky.)

Can only assume it's a very contended connection.

I've managed to get my daily quests done but that's about it. Not going to fuck around with my decks or anything until I'm back at home, and still not decided whether or not to dust Leeroy (although I'm leaning towards not).

Also, Liverpool is alright (less of a shithole than I remember, they seem to have spruced it up a bit, same as they did with Manchester), and Chester Zoo was good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 21:55 
Sleepyhead

Had to win 5 matches as a Warlock for quests. Threw together a Zoolock and won five on the bounce. Bumped me to level 14. Only one of the matches was even close. It did amuse me that a Priest stole my Doomguard, used it against me, and it discarded a Soulfire he had also stolen, and a Ragnaros. Haha!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:28 
Hello Hello Hello

Dusted Leeroy, the 1600 dust is too tempting and that 5 mana cost looks too high considering it'll make him that much harder to use as a finisher.

I only have him in my Miracle Rogue deck anyway, and I only play that in Casual for a laugh, so I've simply replaced him with an Arcane Golem which is cheaper than Leeroy (pre or post nerf) at just 3 mana, and in a bind can be used without being a finisher, as he doesn't summon the whelps.

It's looking good for my 1000 gold tomorrow, after another 10 packs (and the dust they'll represent) I should be pushing up to 3600 dust, maybe an Alex and a Sylvanas? I really do want to have a crack with Control Warrior at some point. (Which admittedly does look quite a lot like 'Legendary Warrior' there are so many of the fuckers in there.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Since the Starving Buzzard 'nerf' (and by 'nerf' I mean Blizzard took the world's biggest shit on the card and then blew up the shit with a stick of dynamite, and then gave the whole sorry mess to Jimmy Savile to pleasure himself with), Hunter has had to shuffle things around a bit.

Here's an evolution of the BEASTY TACTICS deck, note that UTH and Buzzard are completely gone.

I have totally net-decked this but like with the BEASTY TACTICS deck, I'll be iterating it as I go on.

It's pretty brutal though, and has a habit of wrapping things up by Turns 6-8.

Attachment:
rabbo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 72  Next