Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 17:51 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Next Friday for Blackrock Mountain

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... -3-26-2015

Quote:

Blackrock Mountain Explodes into Action on April 2!

Are you brave (or insane) enough to face the ancient evils lurking within Blackrock Mountain? Soon the fabled mountain will open, allowing adventurers the opportunity to journey inside and conquer fiery elementals, fierce dragons, and other hot-tempered foes!

Blackrock Mountain introduces 31 new cards that are too hot to handle, all obtained by emerging victorious in epic battles against some of the mountain’s most iconic villains. Throughout the course of this Adventure, you’ll harness the power of some of Azeroth’s mightiest denizens and unlock powerful new synergies through a whole flight of Dragon-type minion cards. You’ll also get an all-new game board, new music, and a host of legendary encounters—plus, each of Hearthstone’s nine classes will have the opportunity to add two brand-new class cards to their collection.

Blackrock Mountain goes live on Windows®, Mac®, iPad®, and Android™ tablets on April 2 PDT in the Americas region (which will fall on April 3 for Southeast Asia and Oceania) and rolls out on April 3 in Europe, Korea, Taiwan, and China, beginning with the release of the first wing—Blackrock Depths. Pre-purchase this new Adventure for $24.99 using real money, iTunes® balance, or Google Play™ balance, and you’ll also add the red-hot Molten Core card back to your collection. The pre-purchase period ends when Blackrock Mountain goes live, so don’t miss out!

Sharpen your blades, practice your incantations, and prepare to do battle in Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure, starting April 2!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 0:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

It is tempting to pre-order. I have 1500 gold but it would be great to spunk it on packs.

But no, Free to play for life. Patience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 0:10 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh just spend a few quid you tight bastard :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 0:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

NEVER.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 15:17 
8-Bit Champion

List of all the new cards

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 680&type=1

Lots of 'this happens if you are holding a dragon'

Two which caught my eye

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-x ... 0437_n.jpg

Cards in your hand cost 1 less each round this minion survives so get it out early (come on unstable portal) and start playing big cards earlier as well

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0f4c812051

Become Rag !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 23:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

Shit's going to go crazy yo.

Well I never had time to finish off my grind and ended 1 star shy of 5, which still only started me on Rank 18. Pcht. The time requirements to hit legend are beyond a person with anything else to do!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:22 
Meh

To reach rank 5 is 40% of the games you need to reach legend. The mistake people make is thinking they are close at 5 when they are not even half way there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 13:46 
Excellent Member

Yesterday's patch has introduced a new bug which is really p*ssing me off - usually when a player hasn't made a move for a fixed amount of time then the "thinking" emote will automatically go off, for some heroes this is "Hmmm", for others it's "I wonder", etc. Now this emote goes off at random times, sometimes even right at the start of a turn or when a card has been played or minion moved. It varies hugely and it's badly broken.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:09 
ugvm'er at heart...

I must have come up against 6 mechmages in a row this morning, it's incredibly boring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:13 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
I must have come up against 6 mechmages in a row this morning, it's incredibly boring.

Fatigue Mage or Freeze Mage can be incredibly satisfying against them.

Remember it's the school holidays so you've got a lot of kids at home playing their kiddie decks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:17 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:

So I ended up somewhere around level 13 or 14 and playing over the last few days its strange seeing the character and the first card they play and 'knowing' what deck they have because you don't really come across many (any!) variants

If i get my 'perfect draw' then i win (so what) - if they get their perfect draw and i don't get my 'cancelling' cards drawn its a win for them - if i do then it goes on a while longer and depends where my big cards come out in the deck - I was getting a lot more 'fun' games anywhere outside of ranked - i think the timing works out well for these new cards and another shake up of what people are playing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 16:36 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

The April 1st Patch notes :DD

Some of my favs -

Quote:
We’ve added a new feature called Harrison Jones’ Museum! Accessing it will allow you to gaze proudly upon all the weapons you’ve put in the museum, where they belong.

Card packs can now be opened by blowing gently on the screen.

Annoy-o-Tron now says “GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE” upon being slain.

Hunter’s Mark has been renamed Hunter’s George.
Mark of the Wild has been renamed George of the Wild.
Mark of Nature has been renamed George of Nature.
We like George more than Mark. Mark still owes us $20.

To make things more convenient, Tirion Fordring will now silence himself when summoned.

And the special one

Quote:
Fixed a bug with Thoughtsteal where playing it would sometimes fail to steal your opponent’s best cards.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 17:03 
Hello Hello Hello

The Thoughtsteal one is funny because it's true!

I do love Blizzard's sense of humour, it's pretty much been in all their games forever.

As an aside, even the regular patch notes for WoW often contain good dollops of humour.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 17:39 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
List of all the new cards

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 680&type=1

Lots of 'this happens if you are holding a dragon'

Two which caught my eye

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-x ... 0437_n.jpg

Cards in your hand cost 1 less each round this minion survives so get it out early (come on unstable portal) and start playing big cards earlier as well

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0f4c812051

Become Rag !

I've watched the Trump reviews of all the new cards now, the last reveal in particular was the most intriguing (Part 6 on YouTube).

The really interesting overall takeaway from it for me is the way it seems to be giving control style decks ways to accelerate into their game.

As it stands currently, an aggro deck with the right draw will just steamroller anything. It's utterly shit and depressing to play against.

With the Dragon synergies that are coming, and ways of making stuff happen a bit more cheaply in midrange/control decks, there seem to be lots more ways and opportunities to take the wind out of a good aggro start and re-establish some sort of control of the game.

Anything that gives aggro a harder time and rewards good midrange/control play, or just more interesting decks with more variety to them, is good by me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 18:52 
Legendary Boogeyman

Nemmie wrote:
To reach rank 5 is 40% of the games you need to reach legend. The mistake people make is thinking they are close at 5 when they are not even half way there.

Thanks, I haven't played this game much and so don't know much about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 22:04 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

LOL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:27 
Meh

Happy to help. :kiss:

You certainly did a good impression of someone that was surprised of how much grind you had left to go. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:23 
Legendary Boogeyman

My rub is that you have no experience of that grind and are just repeating something you've read on reddit or a Hearthstone forum. It's one thing to say 'It takes a lot of games, so I've read', and another to having actually sat there for 8 hours a day for days on end playing hundreds of games to actually appreciate what a monumental commitment it is within a month to get anywhere close to legend. It's pretty bonkers. It's not actually a surprise that a lot of streamers look like shit or pass out on camera, or can't speak properly for the intensity of the play. You really do need to be all in.

Incidentally I think the new season rollover said rank 6 put me at 80% higher than the average player or something. I think the stat for legend is 0.2% of all players.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 18:29 
8-Bit Champion

New challege for today 'watch a friend win a game in spectator mode' for a card pack - watched Hearthly win - opened up a pack with 4 dupes and a Legendary Sylvanas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 20:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

From what I'm reading this is a Daily Quest? It appeared in your quest list?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 20:36 
8-Bit Champion

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:

Yes instead of the win 3 games / deal X amount of damage it was watch a friend win and instead of the background being a money bag it was a card pack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 20:47 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

zaphod79 wrote:

Yes instead of the win 3 games / deal X amount of damage it was watch a friend win and instead of the background being a money bag it was a card pack

Yup i got it also

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

A nice change, one that is worth more than all other quests. You just have to watch one victory for something worth 100g.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:05 
ugvm'er at heart...

Only problem with that quest is that the only people on my friends list are you lot, it'll take ages to wait for you all to finally win a game ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:05 
ugvm'er at heart...

Yeah, I went there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:08 
8-Bit Champion

Patch notes

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/831-black ... -card-back

Quote:
Free Pack for Spectating (Daily)

A new achievement quest has been added which rewards you with a classic card pack for watching a friend win a game.

Watch and Learn! (Daily)
Watch a friend win in spectator mode
Reward: Expert Card Pack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
Yeah, I went there.

It applies to me more than you belming shitlords. You'll just have to watch me instead ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:09 
Legendary Boogeyman

BRM IS OUT ON EU.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:13 
Hello Hello Hello

Yoinks indeed!

Attachment:
brzomg.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:26 
Hello Hello Hello

Well did the first three quests to get the new legendary first time with the Trump Legendary 1 Pally deck, onto the class challenges now....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

Yeah same, too easy, required no refinements.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Well that's all five done now with not so much as a bump in the road, but I don't mind that as it's still a fun way to introduce new cards. (The mage's infinite Unstable Portal round was very amusing, and I like the way your man introduced each of the legendaries he played :)) Plus of course there's heroic mode for those who really want a challenge against the mechanics.

No really awesome cards in that line-up for me, although Trump reckons Quick Shot will be really good for Hunters. Dragon's Breath looks shit, Resurrect is a bit flaky, Gang Up is far too random and long game, Grim Patron I'm not too sure on, Emperor Thaurissan looks like he could really have some legs in control decks.

Overall it's looking like interesting times ahead for the game, but not for the cards out of the first wing! :) Roll on the dragons!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 23:38 
Legendary Boogeyman

Pcht. Way too easy. Both challenges first time and it wasn't even close. Very fun mage deck though.

Although I have to say, this is quite a departure. Wasn't the point of the Class challenges a way of introducing a few of the new cards into the mix while you try to beat the opponent? The last time the Hunter was all Webspinners at least, but Unstable Portal is an old card. That's a bit off, and not really a challenge but a grand RNG roll. Fun but a bit inconsistent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 0:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

All normal stuff done, no special decks needed. I'll do the heroics tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:26 
Meh

My rub is that you have no experience of that grind and are just repeating something you've read on reddit or a Hearthstone forum. It's one thing to say 'It takes a lot of games, so I've read', and another to having actually sat there for 8 hours a day for days on end playing hundreds of games to actually appreciate what a monumental commitment it is within a month to get anywhere close to legend. It's pretty bonkers. It's not actually a surprise that a lot of streamers look like shit or pass out on camera, or can't speak properly for the intensity of the play. You really do need to be all in.

Incidentally I think the new season rollover said rank 6 put me at 80% higher than the average player or something. I think the stat for legend is 0.2% of all players.

No experience of that grind apart from when I took a midrange hunter to rank 4 the season before last. :)

I agree the Blackrock 1st wing wasn't very challenging, I beat them all with a lightbomb priest deck just took out the taunts and removal for the final boss.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:31 
Meh

Nemmie wrote:

No experience of that grind apart from when I took a midrange Hunter to rank 4 the season before last. :)

I agree the Blackrock 1st wing wasn't very challenging, I beat them all with a lightbomb Priest deck just took out the taunts and removal for the final boss.

I can also recommend Lightbomb Priest for the current ladder. I am playing the SavJZ version and it makes for entertaining laddering.

For some reason lately I am mainly focused on getting golden portraits I have the Hunter and half way to the Mage. :)

Don't think I have ever put my battle tag here. GrooveVandal#2673.

Err sorry about the new post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:15 
ugvm'er at heart...

First heroic went down easy, second i'm finding tricky.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 
Hello Hello Hello

Not even gonna bother with the heroics, I just want the cards.

If I wanted a puzzle game I'd just play Portal or something :)

@Nemmie, that Lightbomb Priest deck looks interesting, make take it for a run!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

2nd heroic down :) one more to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:30 
ugvm'er at heart...

And all done :) I'll upload the decks in a bit.
All my own work too, I didn't netdeck anything :)

2nd one was definitely the most difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:35 
ugvm'er at heart...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 04-03-15 09.27.14.png

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 04-03-15 11.05.56.png

Attachment:
Hearthstone Screenshot 04-03-15 11.29.55.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim Patron with Bouncing Blade is amazing! :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 13:53 
Legendary Boogeyman

Heroics done. Priest definitely the strongest class for the second two, and lots of silences needed for the last one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 14:39 
Meh

Trooper wrote:

Grim Patron needs a nerf ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oncuhkk-R3o

In an unrelated note expect to see Combo Druid everywhere by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 14:57 
Hello Hello Hello

Nemmie wrote:
Trooper wrote:

With the myriad of ways Warriors have to deal damage to their own minions Grim Patron could indeed be a bit unreasonable.

What's Combo Druid then? I am fucked off with Force > Savage when it comes to Druids though, it's such a big burst that they can pull out of their arses from nowhere, and a big burst to have to try and play around.

I'm wondering if that Thaursarrian chappy might work in a Hand Lock style deck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 15:11 
Meh

Hearthly wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
Trooper wrote:

With the myriad of ways Warriors have to deal damage to their own minions Grim Patron could indeed be a bit unreasonable.

What's Combo Druid then? I am fucked off with Force > Savage when it comes to Druids though, it's such a big burst that they can pull out of their arses from nowhere, and a big burst to have to try and play around.

I'm wondering if that Thaursarrian chappy might work in a Hand Lock style deck.

Combo is force + savage or force + savage + savage. All now possible a lot more quickly with the Emperor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 15:20 
Hello Hello Hello

Nemmie wrote:
Combo is force + savage or force + savage + savage. All now possible a lot more quickly with the Emperor.

Oh right yeah I just got beaten by one of those on the ladder, and yes the Emperor did enable it quicker than usual! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:48 
Meh

I am having a torrid time on the ladder been up to 15 then all the way back down to 20. :(

Facing all kinds of very effective weirdness involving the new cards. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:09 
Hello Hello Hello

I got up to Rank 17 a couple of nights ago and now I'm back down to Rank 20, the decks are just so unpredictable down there and it doesn't help that I'm playing stuff like Fatigue Mage and that Lightbomb Priest!

Really I should just pile in with a basic fucking Zoo or Face Hunter deck, climb up towards Rank 12-10, and then play the more interesting decks up at that rank.

However on balance it really doesn't matter, I'm enjoying playing the more intricate long game decks, I'm not particularly concerned about quest efficiency or harvesting gold, and I'm averaging 5-6 packs per week anyway just from the daily quests and my normal play rate. (Plus there aren't really any cards on my 'must have' list at the moment, and I've got enough dust in the bank to craft a legendary of choice if I want one for a particular deck.)

As such I'll just play out in Ranked, if I climb then I climb, and if I don't, no bother :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 17:10 
Meh

That lightbomb priest is very good on the ladder as long as you get the right draw vs hunters.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 72  Next