And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Infamous : Second Son
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 19:46 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Pundabaya wrote:
I'd pretty much cleared out everything before the last bit. I keep meaning to do the Paperchase Thingy, I've done the first bit. It was quite good.

My paperchase bit keeps complaining that it cant connect - i think i need to re-do it to make it sync again :-(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:43 

Finished it last night. Friend reckons that it's an easy game to get a platinum on and I've never even come close to that yet so I'll crank the difficulty up, play through it again as a cunt and see if I can finish it before reaching the limit of my enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 
8-Bit Champion

markg wrote:
Finished it last night. Friend reckons that it's an easy game to get a platinum on and I've never even come close to that yet so I'll crank the difficulty up, play through it again as a cunt and see if I can finish it before reaching the limit of my enthusiasm.

I have no platinums so may make this my first - i spent about an hour or so last night going through and maxing out the different regions in the city - i have all the regions on the 2nd island and about 1/2 on the first so then it would just be going through the story part of the game on evil / hard to get the platinum

Spoilers on powers / clearing area strategy :

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I found concrete is the easiest to take out the DUP choppers / APC's as you just hit them with the powered up R1 blast and they explode - the blast also takes down the more powerful enemies in a single hit - you then grab the power from their bodies to take out more of them

For the phone missions where your attacked by a large group the easiest way was to switch to neon and take down a drug dealer area first which maxes out your karma drop attack - trigger the phone and then just hit that to wipe out everything in front of you (occasionally have to then take out a sniper on a rooftop but virtually always just finish it from the one blast).

I also struggled with the missions to spot the spy - i'm getting better at seeing them but having neon upgraded gives you a 'slow time' effect when you aim which means that once the spy starts to run i just slow time and shoot them to end the mission really easily - I think the rest of the game may have been easier if i had chosen to unlock and use this earlier although i see its not available if you have negative Karma so i wonder what the equivalent is on that side.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:20 
Bad Girl

I can't find online whether I have any plat's. I don't think I do. OR DO I?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
I can't find online whether I have any plat's. I don't think I do. OR DO I?

It tells you right at the top of the very first page when you sign into the PSN website so you're not looking very hard. :p I can also see your trophies and no, you've got not platinums.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 
Bad Girl

Ahh, I was using the app and it just lists the trophies for each game without the summary.

Plat's are for poofs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:15 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Ahh, I was using the app and it just lists the trophies for each game without the summary.

Plat's are for poofs.

Unless it's for Dark Souls 2.
(I am only 3 magics away, just need to get inside the castle on NG++)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:21 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... od-entries

Such a pretty game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:05 
8-Bit Champion

I spent about an hour last night going round and finishing up all the districts / missions / shards etc on 'good' so I'm missing a few odd little things and then the 'evil' powers ones so will probably take a bit of a break and go back and do it on evil to 100% it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 
What-ho, chaps!

Mr Dave wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Like Bamba, I get these games mixed up with Prototype. A friend of mine raved about them but I could never see the appeal.

It's easy to see the appeal: super powered protagonist, big city, sandbox, lovely graphics, zap pow pow.

The problem is Infamous was terribly bland. The biggest problem however was that the bits you would be doing for 95% of the game - climbing and shooting - wasn't actually much fun. It should have been: you could throw explosive bombs, shoot a sniper laser and do a blast of energy knocking things out the way, but it was so generic and the fact that 99% of the enemies were generic and just swarmed in from all angles endless shooting with zero AI that you could rarely, if ever, get into a rhythm of using all your powers and feel like a badass superhero. If you play a game as a badass superhero I want the fundamentals to feel awesome. It didn't.

As you might have guessed, I'm not interested in this new one at all.

You have summed up my feelings about it far better than I did. Ta.

I was interested in the sequels if they were able to build on it and make it more exciting, but from what I've read they're just the same.

If anything 2 is worse than 1. I just couldn't be bothered with it at all.

Thank god, I thought it was just me.

That game started off as a slog, and got steadily more and more sloggy as it went on. And the plot tapered off, and then went BAM HOW ABOUT THIS without much consequence.

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]