Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Call of Duty 11 : Advanced Warfare
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 13:01 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Not really a surprise but Activision have confirmed that there will be a new Call of Duty game for next year

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_ ... _2014.html

Quote:
Activision confirms new Call of Duty & Skylanders for 2014

Activision has confirmed that new Call of Duty and Skylanders titles will release in 2014.

CEO Bobby Kotick announced the unnamed titles during the publisher's Q3 2013 earnings call last night, stating: "Despite short-term uncertainties, as we look forward to 2014, we have a very strong product pipeline. We expect multiple new releases across our major franchises, including the first Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, along with the PS4 version of Diablo III and significant and exciting new content for World of Warcraft.

"We also expect to launch new Call of Duty and Skylanders titles and a major new potential franchise with Bungie's Destiny."

While it's still unknown what next year's Call of Duty title could be, Sledgehammer is rumoured to be working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

Call of Duty: Ghosts launched this Tuesday following the launch of the Skylanders: Swap Force last month. Both titles are also due to release on next-gen consoles.

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 11 : maybe MW4?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 19:15 
Decapodian

Surely we are due BLOPS3?

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 11 : maybe MW4?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 19:43 
UltraMod

I wish it would just die now. I was almost tempted by the new one, but the reviews were pretty ordinary. Activision have milked this franchise dry, like Guitar Hero before it.

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 11 : maybe MW4 Or BLOPS3 ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:44 
8-Bit Champion

Looks like this years COD will not be BLOPS3 so no Zombies :-(

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/44 ... ent-cycle/

Quote:
Call of Duty series switches to three-year development cycle
Third studio, Sledgehammer, added to CoD rotation

Activision has announced that the Call of Duty series has been switched to a three-year development cycle.
Previously, two studios - Infinity Ward and Treyarch - released Call of Duty games alternatively every two years.

In a significant change of strategy, Activision has added a third studio, Sledgehammer Games, to the rotation giving each studio three years to developer their respective Call of Duty titles, announced Activision Publishing president and CEO Eric Hirshberg.

Sledgehammer will lead development on this year's new Call of Duty title, expected to release in late 2014. This comes as part of an effort to improve quality, said Hirshberg during an earnings results call on Thursday.

"There are several advantages to doing this," said Hirshberg. "This first is of course quality; this will give our designers more time to envision and to innovate for each title. Simultaneously it will give our content creators more focus on DLC and micro DLC which, as you know, have become large and high-margin opportunities, and significant engagement drivers. Finally, it'll give our teams more time to polish, making sure that we relive the best possible experience to our fans each and every time."

Sledgehammer has previously worked on the Call of Duty franchise in a collaborative capacity with Infinity Ward on 2012's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Sledgehammer was focused on the creation of post-launch DLC for the game, along with Raven Software.

"Sledgehammer is a triple-A studio built from the ground-up around prudent talent with a 90-plus-rated pedigree both in studio leadership and throughout the organization," commented Hirshberg. "They demonstrated their skill on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and on their past high-rated games. They're the perfect choice to support our new approach and bring fresh ideas and creativity to this great franchise, and to raise the bar for next-gen games overall."

The California-based studio was formed in 2009, helmed by Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, previously general manager and COO of Visceral and, respectively, executive producer and senior development director of Dead Space.

Last week Sledgehammer Games vacancy ads revealed the studio was actively recruiting in a bid to strengthen the development team working on a next-gen Call of Duty game. Parent company Activision posted more than ten Sledgehammer job adverts across a range of disciplines including art, design, animation and engineering. Multiple job ads note that the studio is "working on a next-gen Call of Duty game".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 
UltraMod

Fucking hell, just let it die.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:52 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

What, the most profitable set of games in console history with hundreds of thousands people playing nonstop all over the globe 24/7 - why on earth would they do that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
What, the most profitable set of games in console history with hundreds of thousands people playing nonstop all over the globe 24/7 - why on earth would they do that?

I understand it from a business point of view, but as a gamer it's just depressing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Only if you're not including the massed legions of CoD fans in your definition of 'gamer'.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
Only if you're not including the massed legions of CoD fans in your definition of 'gamer'.

I guess most of them are gamers in the same way that people who only watch Wimbledon are tennis fans.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

British Nervoso wrote:
Cras wrote:

I guess most of them are gamers in the same way that people who only watch Wimbledon are tennis fans.

Or in the same way that people who only sleep with one women are hetrosexual.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:07 
UltraMod

By the way, I'm not sneering at anyone here who plays CoD, because I appreciate there is a crossover and it can obviously be enjoyed by people who like all sorts of games, it's more the culture than anything else. See also: Fifa.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:08 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:
Cras wrote:

Gill would disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 
Excellent Member

I wonder whether all the people that play these games obsessively are happy to buy a new one every year or if they'd rather just have the most recent one updated with new content continually instead? I mean every time a new one comes out your progress is essentially reset, is that starting from scratch an annoyance for experienced CoD players or do people look forward to all the levelling up again?

On the assumption that no one gives a fuck about the single player campaign it strikes me they could actually just bring out a single new game for the new consoles then just keep adding the new maps/weapons/etc to that base game, instead of implementing those features within a brand new stand alone game. You could still charge for the new features as DLC like they do now so the money keeps on rolling in.

Hell, they could even move to a subscription model like WoW et al work so you can either pay for a sub and get access to everything or not pay and get nowt. Each new CoD game is just an iteration of the old stuff anyway (to my knowledge) so it doesn't seem to make sense to have any new features tied to individual stand-alone game releases any more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I was wondering about an MMORPG-style CoD game only last night.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

British Nervoso wrote:
Grim... wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:
Cras wrote:

Gill would disagree.

lol gurlz don't play games

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

British Nervoso wrote:
By the way, I'm not sneering at anyone here who plays CoD, because I appreciate there is a crossover and it can obviously be enjoyed by people who like all sorts of games, it's more the culture than anything else. See also: Fifa.

No, I get that - and it's clear that the success of games like CoD discourages creativity in the industry as a whole and encourages an attitude of churning out 'more of the same'. But it's clear that there's a significant group of people out there for whom that's exactly what they want, so I don't really think I can blame Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward for what they're doing.

And to some extent, it maybe means that other studios do have to get more creative - maybe they're all trying to hit their own CoD-style blockbuster license to print money, but they have to take risks to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 

There's more games offering something different than I'll ever have the time to play anyway. So I just can't ever be too bothered by this sort of thing. Same way I don't get depressed about the whole music industry just because whatever happens to be popular is often a bit rubbish and un-original.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:39 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
And to some extent, it maybe means that other studios do have to get more creative

It's why I'm mainly playing indie games these days. Because the more games cost to develop, the less they can afford to take risks in order to get a return. Stuff like Spelunky, OlliOlli, Octodad, Stanley Parable and Gone Home are all bursting with creativity and have made me start enjoying gaming again. While I have enjoyed games like CoD/Gears/Battlefield in the past, I think if I never saw another grey/brown shooter it'd be too soon.

-edit- also rediscovering the joy of Nintendo has been a real eye-opener, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 17:35 
8-Bit Champion

First 'image' - I expect we'll see more at E3

http://abload.de/img/blacksmithactualfullsf3jc7.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... cover.aspx

Quote:
We've known for a few months that Sledgehammer Games will be taking over the reins for this year's Call of Duty entry, and our next cover story features twelve pages of exclusive and extensive details. We visited the studio, spoke with co-founders Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, and are ready to tell you everything we know.

To time the issue's release with the first trailer for the game, we will be releasing this issue three days early for our digital subscribers.

This Sunday at 12:00 PM Central time (10:00 AM Pacific) we will reveal the cover image and the first details on the game including the name, so please come back this weekend to see the cover and the game in action for the first time. We will release the digital issue shortly afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:15 
8-Bit Champion

Seems the trailer leaked so they have put it out officially

Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare released 4th of November

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty ... 4126.phtml

Quote:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

The official reveal of the next Call of Duty is imminent. We've seen a screenshot out of Game Informer and have a countdown set to go off Sunday morning. But let's not wait for that.

Word has it via an untitled, "leaked" audio recording that actor Kevin Spacey will play a role in the Sledgehammer-developed title. Variety connected the dots using a visualizer on the audio file to come up with an image that looks like a man holding a weapon. His involvement has since been confirmed. And going off that VICE-produced video about private military companies released earlier today, we know the game's general theme.

Through a trusted source, Destructoid has learned the new Call of Duty, subtitled Advanced Warfare, revolves around a soldier of fortune group run by Spacey's character that has turned on the United States government. As shown in the leaked media attached to this post, players will wear exosuits to jump super high, scale buildings, and cloak themselves. Also, hoverbikes.

So confirmed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 - I assume PS3 / PS4 and PC

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 11 : Advanced Warfare
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 
Bad Girl

4.11.14! It's already out and I've missed it! I'm going to get it at lunch! Whoop!

etc

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 
8-Bit Champion

Parkour abilities and a 'mech' type suit that your character can enter - these are totally new concepts that no FPS game has ever had before right ?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 
Decapodian

Yeah, but it still looks pretty good to me.
I just really hope the load out selection on multiplayer is more like BLOPS2 than Ghost.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:40 
Bad Girl

Captured on Xbox One as well where those type of concepts have never been pushed in our face hole. Certainly not very recently or nuffin'.

Killzone's had all these things already anyway over the years, but done with varying amounts of shitness.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 14:25 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

yeah, I think it is fair to say, that while parker things have been done (and well in M's E), the FPS aspect of M's E was rubbish, and the combination hasn't been done well in my experience. So there is room for manoeuvre. That said, I have just switched Ghosts on and been confronted by an option to play as Snoopy the dog or something, so ... ?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 14:28 
I forgot about this - how vain

The FPS part of mirror's edge being rubbish was intentional.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 14:51 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Yeah, so they say after releasing a shit game.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 15:08 
I forgot about this - how vain

Bobbyaro there, the new King of Wrong. The Duke of The Incorrect. The Prime Minister of Belm.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 15:27 
Sleepyhead

Bobbyaro wrote:
Yeah, so they say after releasing a shit game.

I didn't use any of the FPS elements because the whole point was to not do any of the S.

The parkour stuff was aces though.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 16:01 
8-Bit Champion

Amazon now have a listing for the game

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Advan ... 00JXELVTI/

And list platforms as : 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and PC

Quote:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Power Changes Everything.

An Advanced World:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:
Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

An Advanced Arsenal:
Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:10 

3 things.
1)The name is awful. Seriously, it actually sounds bad (in my opinion) when you say it.

2) I'm ALREADY bored of all this 'future warfare' crap. In that trailer we saw someone using gloves to climb up a wall, Hover bikes (and at that, why only bikes?), Roll-up impenetrable cover. Really? If I want futuristic stuff, I'll play Halo. I get that they want to change it up a bit, but I really dislike where it's going. I don't like that whole idea of 'Future Warfare'. God knows what they're going to add next.

3)Is anyone on this forum actually EXCITED for it? Compared to how you might have felt about earlier CoD's, does anyone really care?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 
Paws for thought

Excited, not in the slightest. But then again I went entirely off CoD after 4.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
3)Is anyone on this forum actually EXCITED for it? Compared to how you might have felt about earlier CoD's, does anyone really care?

Nope

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 
Cookie197 wrote:

I don't even own a game console anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:

COD works fine on a typewriter (I'm playing BLOPS and BLOPS2 fairly regularly on my typewriter)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Nope

But you're still getting it on launch day?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:41 
Bad Girl

I haven't even picked up Ghosts and I've had every CoD since Modern Warfare. To be honest, that Predator footage in the Ghost thread put me off even further.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Nope

Right now probably not - it depends what information comes out between then and now - as I said above i'm playing the older games but i've hardly touched ghosts since the last DLC pack came out - i've got the season pass so i will return in a few days when the 2nd DLC pack hits PSN (*) to at least try the new maps but i'm not putting the same time into Ghosts that i've put into every other version of the game that i've played.

I'm basically 6 months into Ghosts and I've prestiged once - at this time in any previous game i'd be nearing the end of the prestige ladder

(*) Just checked and the 2nd pack actually comes out today - I'm so out of the loop for Ghosts I dont even know when the new stuff is being released.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 14:16 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Nope

PredictaLOL

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 16:47 
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:

COD works fine on a typewriter (I'm playing BLOPS and BLOPS2 fairly regularly on my typewriter)

My typewriter struggles to typewrite let alone play games.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 
8-Bit Champion

New trailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 19:34 
8-Bit Champion

Multiplayer reveal trailer

Hardpoint returns , as does some form of crossbow but the jumping / hopping from building to building reminds me of Titanfall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 19:35 
8-Bit Champion

Oh and if you pre-order you get the game 24 hours early .... or they just delay it a day if you dont :-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 20:37 
Decapodian

zaphod79 wrote:
Oh and if you pre-order you get the game 24 hours early .... or they just delay it a day if you dont :-)

Unless you order from any number of internet retailers where they may or may not get it to you for a few days.

I'm really not at all enthused for this. I'm more tempted to go back and buy some map packs I'd missed out on for earlier games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 20:45 
Bad Girl

That trailer has made me moderately interested.

Two things I don't like however:

1) laser guns sound rubbish.
2) that Shotty looked rubbish as well, like the one from Dead Space that fires air.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 23:34 
Bad Girl

I didn't think it could look any uglier but then came the XBONE COD AW edition.

Feast your eyeballs on this dog turd.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/cons ... L_Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 
8-Bit Champion

New trailer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 15:24 
8-Bit Champion

So despite the fact that the game is not being made by Treyarc and will not feature 'Zombies' mode (as all Treyarc games since WaW did) , many sites are reporting that one part of the survival mode game will feature Zombies

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16567-call- ... first.html

Quote:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Will Feature Zombies In Exo Survial Mode, First Image Leaked

Zombies has been an integral part of Call of Duty franchise and if recent image leaked on Call of Duty forum is to believe then upcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will also feature Zombies in Exo Survival Mode.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Zombies

A member of Call of Duty forum went through the achievement list of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and discovered that previously secret achievement called "Exo Survivor" had an interesting image associated with it. You can check it out below.

The description of the achievement reads "Successfully complete the Exo Survival Bonus Wave". Sledgehammer Games has already provided us a glimpse of what to expect from Exo Survival in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, but now it appears that we are still unaware of lot of things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 
8-Bit Champion

One week to go and people have their hands on the game already

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/10/23/a ... -revealed/

Quote:
Advanced Warfare’s Story Length, Maps, Scorestreaks & More Leak

As we inch closer to the release date of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, it appears that more & more users are getting their hands on the game early. Last night, the length of Advanced Warfare’s story was revealed, as well as the scorestreaks, maps, ranked playlists, and other items.

A user on the Call of Duty forum posted a few different images that gave a better look at some of the more desirable options in Advanced Warfare. A user posted the credits to the game, and stated that they were able to finish the campaign in roughly 5 hours. While 5 hours may seem short, that’s generally the length we see in nearly every Call of Duty title.

We also received a look at a list of all the Advanced Warfare multiplayer maps that are not downloadable content. We’ve compiled the list of each map below:

Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Maps

Ascend
Bio Lab
Comeback
Defender
Detroit
Greenband
Horizon
Instinct
Recovery
Retreat
Riot
Solar
Terrace

Hardcore playlists were revealed as well, stating that we’ll see the following playable modes in the playlist at launch: Hardcore TDM, Hardcore Kill Confirmed, Hardcore Domination & Hardcore Search and Destroy. An image in that same thread also shows off 12 different scorestreaks for players to equip in-game.

For all that we’ve seen on Sledgehammer’s first full entry in the Call of Duty series, it does seem that they’re doing fans right. There’s a wealth of modes and playlists that offer both new modes and fan favorites.

Looking around there were a number of people streaming gameplay over the weekend (unclear if these are retail copies which were acquired early or if they are pirated ones)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:23 
Bad Girl

Seems like as good a place to put this as any.

It amused me greatly this morning for some reason.

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next