And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Amazon Prime
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 16:15 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
I'd like to get a toy rainbow xylophone/glockenspiel for D's birthday, but ice really struggled to find a nice one. I think I'd ideally like a wooden one, though I'm sure a nice one would be pricey.

One of the kids either upstairs or next door seems to have acquired a recorder today, perhaps for the new school year. That's definitely more offensive than Toot Toot elephant could ever be :D

I'm sure it will be much better when they learn a second note.

I LOVE noise toys! We bought Chloe's little brother some trucks that made loads of different noises for Christmas, I had to move them and wrap them up in the end as we might have ended up either keeping them or flattening the batteries! :D

Meems, I have a xylophone board book that Chloe no longer uses if you want it to see if Darwin is interested before buying something nicer? It has nursery rhymes in it that you can play with the xylophone attached to the bottom, I'll pop it with his birthday presents. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:21 

The xylophone book sounds ace, Jazzy, thank you so, so much. That would be aces. Of course I will be the one actually playing it most of the time. Darwin likes noises and banging stuff into stuff, so it's pretty much bound to be a success. He doesn't need anything else for his birthday though, so please don't spend your money :( I've not got him anything other than his toot toot animals, and he'll be getting those over the course of the next two years or so. The book would be smashing, though, and has really cheered me up. I've been feeling a bit down with human beings in general, so that's cheered me up just st the moment when there's no hot water for a warm bath and I've pulled a muscle in my back and I'm feeling pretty teary and fed up with everything. Just remembered I have a scone, too, so maybe ok.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:28 

Just ate my scone. It did help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:31 
ugvm'er at heart...

You had one, but now it scone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:48 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
The xylophone book sounds ace, Jazzy, thank you so, so much. That would be aces. Of course I will be the one actually playing it most of the time. Darwin likes noises and banging stuff into stuff, so it's pretty much bound to be a success. He doesn't need anything else for his birthday though, so please don't spend your money :( I've not got him anything other than his toot toot animals, and he'll be getting those over the course of the next two years or so. The book would be smashing, though, and has really cheered me up. I've been feeling a bit down with human beings in general, so that's cheered me up just st the moment when there's no hot water for a warm bath and I've pulled a muscle in my back and I'm feeling pretty teary and fed up with everything. Just remembered I have a scone, too, so maybe ok.

You're a bit late with the no presents I'm afraid, it's just a couple of bits but they are wrapped and ready. If you're not doing anything (with other adults) for his birthday shall I just bring them to the cottage? You are more than welcome to the book, I'm glad it's going to somewhere it will get some use. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:53 
Best
Board Mother

Book + empty looking bag (it isn't I promise!) + Your wedding anniversary card and gift! All among various other stuff I have for you here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 19:52 

I don't know what to say, honestly, other than that you really shouldn't have. The book looks great, and I know we shall all enjoy it. Russell reads Darwin a Dr Seuss book every single night (actually, I say that but tonight was the first time it was something different as I happened to get Where The Wild Things Are) but since starting the new bedtime routine he has a story each night and so Dr Seuss gets read each night, so that was the most wonderful of gifts. Since we started the new bedtime routine, and with some advice and help from someone on here in regards to baby sleep, Darwin went from waking up 5-6 but sometimes 8 times a night, needing a breast feed to settle each night, to sleeping all the way through the night for 11 hours a night. It was like a miracle. The first night Russell say with him, reading a story, telling him he loved him, and he whinged a bit but after 15 minutes went to sleep, woke up 6:30 the next day. Since then we read him a story, he's asleep by about 7:30 and we wake him up at 6:30 the next morning. It's been 3 weeks now, and I still wake up confused.

We are not doing anything for his birthday, really. I really, really wanted to have a little party/gathering, because who wouldn't on their baby's first birthday? It feels so special to us. But I realised that we don't really know anyone who would likely want to come, and rather no party than a sad and lonely one. My mum is coming over on his actual birthday, but that's all. I'm still going to make a cake with an Ictonsuts theme, because at least we'll then gave a cake picture, and I bought a pack of balloons and a banner, but that's all. If my mum hadn't said she'd come k we I was going to take him to W Midlands safari park, but her partner could book one day off and they chose to use it in visiting for his birthday.

All that said you know you have a standing invitation to always come o er, so...

Otherwise we'll definitely be at the cottage. I've just made the most perfect roasted chickpeas so we'll have to make some of those there also :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 20:04 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
Is that where your rainbow is from? I saw it in your windowsill and was admiring it then. Yes, very beautiful pieces, very pricey though :(

No, it was from another site, but it's the same brand rainbow. Probably the most expensive thing I ever bought the kids. :DD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 20:06 

It's more a sculpture piece, I think. Worth displaying when the little'uns are grown.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 20:41 
sneering elitist

It's surprisingly tough! They "ski" on it, lie on it, build towers and then kick the shit out of it. Apart from a tiny bit of chipped paint on a couple of the layers it's still in brilliant condition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 13:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

Do you have Amazon Prime? If you do, then you also have Twitch Prime for "free", which is giving you 2 free games next month

https://blog.twitch.tv/new-loot-from-tw ... .8vgkfus8j

Punch Drunk and This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 15:32 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Is that US only? I admit, I've only had a quick look at that link but I did see loads of mention of the US but none of the UK.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 15:49 
ugvm'er at heart...

It was emailed to me and I'm a UK prime member, so I assume it's uk too.

Or are you talking about twitch prime? If so that's definitely for the UK as I have it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 16:03 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Both actually. Useful to know though... Thanks! I've got Prime but didn't know about this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:34 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I ordered some track suit bottoms. There were delivered when I was out, amazon logicstics said it was handed to me, I was out in physio at the time. I got home and no card and no parcel.
Rang Amazon, and they sent a replacement out which I have.

I put the bins out today and found a wet parcel hiding behind the bin.

Do I,
1) keep them, they are not damaged.
2) Send back to amazon as they have sent a replacement.
3) Send back to amazon for a refund :)

If the delivery company had popped a note through the door, this would not have happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:44 

Keep them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:00 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Yeah, keep them.

This happens with me and my Amazon Prime and it's really annoying. I'm paying for a service and don't expect to be lied to. I've lost track of the number of times that I've seen an email saying that a parcel has been "handed to resident" when I know full well that no one is in. Sometimes they'll be left behind my green bin, sometimes with next door and once I've even had one left on the doorstep in full view of the street.

Last time something was left behind my bins I had a card and the driver had wrote "parcel by bin as agreed with resident"

I complained about that and got an extra month of Prime for free.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:30 

Send them back to Amazon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:33 
sneering elitist

TheVision wrote:
Yeah, keep them.

This happens with me and my Amazon Prime and it's really annoying. I'm paying for a service and don't expect to be lied to. I've lost track of the number of times that I've seen an email saying that a parcel has been "handed to resident" when I know full well that no one is in. Sometimes they'll be left behind my green bin, sometimes with next door and once I've even had one left on the doorstep in full view of the street.

Last time something was left behind my bins I had a card and the driver had wrote "parcel by bin as agreed with resident"

Shit delivery drivers don't excuse theft. :shrug:

Mark: get in touch with Amazon. They may let you keep the extra if it's a low value item (I've had this before).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:39 
Comfortably Dumb

TheVision wrote:

I can go one better.

Attachment:
12310565_10153462851433800_5404989140771287566_n.jpg

Sure enough, the parcel was in the bin. (Thankfully the bin had no rubbish in - I'd hope they wouldn't have done it if there'd been something in it)

As for the tracksuit bottoms, if they were just dirt cheap ones, I'd probably not attempt to return them. Otherwise, I'd at least drop Amazon an email and see what they want to do about it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:43 
Excellent Member

I ordered a clip for car seat straps as my son thinks its hilarious to get out of them all the time on long journeys at the moment.

Got told via my Amazon order page that it had arrived on the 18th. It still wasn't there 2 days later. So I got a refund and found that Halfords sold a better one.

It turned up on the 26th October. I don't want it but can't be arsed to return it as I will have to go to some shop out of my way and send it back

So its just sat on my desk at work, if they charge me for it then I will return it if not it can stay on my desk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:48 

Jem wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yeah, keep them.

Mark: get in touch with Amazon. They may let you keep the extra if it's a low value item (I've had this before).

Just rang them (finding the option was challenging), amazon said I can keep them

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:54 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yeah, keep them.

Just rang them (finding the option was challenging), amazon said I can keep them

Well done. You did the right thing!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 13:57 

I am quite chuffed :)

Quote:
Hello Mr H

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention.

I've made a one-time exception to our standard policy. Please keep this item with our compliments.

If you've any further questions about this please contact us (quoting the relevant order number) by replying to this e-mail.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 17:20 
sneering elitist

Most excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 17:22 

Just ordered a A1 picture frame. It is packed and looks like a frame.

Thanks delivery chap for putting it over the fence and damaging it. Fucking muppets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 17:47 

Didn't have you down as an Audi man, dude.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 20:49 

GazChap wrote:
Didn't have you down as an Audi man, dude.

It must be white.

Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9