Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:40 
Participant in dramatic games

and that psp game works on the vita?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:23 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

romanista wrote:
and that psp game works on the vita?

Yes (most PSP games work on the Vita)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 
Bad Girl

Really? I can't get the discs in the slot.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

/bantz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 18:27 
Bad Girl

Ian wins. In your face Zaphod. You snooze you lose.

Quote:
Helldivers (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Grid Autosport (PS3)
Lemmings Touch (PS Vita)
Nova 111 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 20:37 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:

But i'll add the useful link to it all

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/01/ ... r=36969785

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Thanks Zaphod, you're the best!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 

mmm lemmings touch sounds fun (but no vita).. nom nom galaxy..nomnomnomnom...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 
UltraMod

romanista wrote:
mmm lemmings touch sounds fun (but no vita)

Nah it's shite. The PSP Lemmings game is much better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 13:34 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I got a 64Gb memory card for my Vita and finally d/l all the PS plus games I hadn't previously. 90% of them are crappy little platformers.
Lemmings isn't very good, but it is okay for free.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 15:30 
I forgot about this - how vain

Helldivers is properly fantastic multiplayer fun. Perfect for Bezzie time.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:26 

tha tindeed looked like lots of fun, we'll see

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 13:00 
8-Bit Champion

Another 'vote for your free game' next month

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/02/ ... -broforce/

Quote:
PS Plus ‘Vote to Play’ returns: Action Henk! vs Assault Android Cactus vs Broforce

Polls open on 9th February – which game will you choose?

By popular demand, Vote to Play is back on 9th February, and we’re pleased to share three great PS4 games for you to vote on. The game with the most votes will be added to the March monthly games line-up for PlayStation Plus members. On the ballot for your vote, we have Action Henk!, Assault Android Cactus and Broforce.

Action Henk! is the kind of game that you want to play with friends, where after each race you find yourself almost uncontrollably saying, “one more.”

Publisher Curve Digital and developer RageSquid have put together a light-hearted racer where you run, jump, and, yes, butt-slide your way through a host of toy room environments with past-their-prime action figures. It’s a game where timing and momentum are key as you attempt to outdo your opponents as well as your own past performance.

The PS Plus team loves a great online experience, and Action Henk! provides the kind of quick, fun, and addictive gameplay that we think you’ll enjoy. And come on, how can you not love a game with the tagline “Butt-slide to victory?”

Assault Android Cactus is already an award-winning twin stick shooter whose frenetic gameplay is perfect for the couch co-op experience. While the mechanics of the twin stick shooter will be familiar to many, the developer, Witch Beam, have created a unique battery mechanic (in lieu of lives), providing a fresh experience that really helps Assault Android Cactus stand out from the crowd.

If you’re looking for a more casual pick-up-and-play, fun experience or a challenging path towards mastery, there’s a lot to like about this game. The game also supports Shareplay, a “virtual couch” that allows you to invite a friend to join your game for up to one hour at a time, creating an online local co-op experience.

Witch Beam designer Sanatana Mishra told me that the goal with Assault Android Cactus was to make a game that he and the rest of the team wanted to play. Well, they’ve certainly succeeded in making a game the PlayStation Plus team wants to play… again… and again.

Broforce is an action adventure game that brings to life your memories (or imaginations for the younger set) of ’80s action heroes and their adventures. While we didn’t know it at the time, this is the game that we always wanted as we cheered those action heroes on to victory.

Publisher Devolver and developer Free Lives have teamed up to deliver what is part irreverent spoof and part loving homage to what are now classic movies and classic games. With its online co-op experience, the Plus team firmly believes you’ll enjoy connecting with friends to bring your own brand of shock and awe to the opposing forces.

And really, behind the over-the-top presentation, there’s a really great game here well deserving of the heaps of praise that it has received.

The thread that brings these three games together: fun titles that can connect the Plus community to play together with friends. For me, personally, one of the sweet spots in game design is a title that provides casual fun for almost anyone who picks up the controller, while providing a depth of mastery for those who want to push the game’s mechanics to their limits. We hope that you’ll enjoy learning about each game and the developers behind them before casting your vote.

Starting 9th February, if you’re a PlayStation Plus member and you want to cast your vote, simply log on to PS4 with your PSN account and access Vote to Play under the dedicated PlayStation Plus section on the top left corner of your PS4 home screen.

You can also go to What’s New or visit the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store, where you’ll find details for Vote to Play

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 13:48 
Paws for thought

Broforce is excellent, but I've already completed it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 20:48 
Hibernating Druid

With your Bronies.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 13:54 

i love the potential bezzien of action henk! (briljant name btw, Henk is one of the most common names for47+ gentlemen in boring jobs in NL

played some helldivewrs single players.. when we will do a bezzie mission?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 
Prince of Fops

Did anyone play Nihilumbra from January's PS+ games?

Puzzle-platformer where you manipulate your environment to proceed across the screens. Surprisingly compelling and intriguing. The mechanics work well and it's satisfying to play.

I'm nearing the end now which is unusual for me, as I have a habit of picking up games and discarding them part-way through. It's not terribly challenging, but if Lost Vikings had a gangbang with Limbo and Thomas Was Alone, this is probably what would come out.

The simpering narrator can do one, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:10 
Excellent Member

Findus Fop wrote:

Puzzle-platformer where you manipulate your environment to proceed across the screens. Surprisingly compelling and intriguing. The mechanics work well and it's satisfying to play.

I'm nearing the end now which is unusual for me, as I have a habit of picking up games and discarding them part-way through. It's not terribly challenging, but if Lost Vikings had a gangbang with Limbo and Thomas Was Alone, this is probably what would come out.

I played it on the PC last year and said this about it:

Quote:
A puzzle platformer in which your character controls an increasing array of powers that you can 'paint' onto the landscape to alter it's properties and get you through the levels. The graphics are pretty but there's something off-puttingly low fi about them which only serves to make the game look cheap unfortunately. It also desperately wants to be mentioned in the same breathe as Bastion but the VO guy is no Logan Cunningham and the actual dialogue is pretty lumpen stuff. It's not a bad game mind and it's short enough that it doesn't outstay it's welcome; not least because most of the puzzles are pretty straightforward. Well, that's for the 'normal' game anyway. Once you complete that it unlocks a new 'void' mode which turns all the levels into ludicrously difficult versions of themselves. I'm talking 'seven attempts to get off the first screen of the first level' sort of difficult which can GTFF. Which is a shame as it shows the developer does have the sort of fiendish imagination required to make something of the concept but the normal mode is, arguably, too easy and the void mode is just too stupidly difficult. A single mode lying somewhere between the two would've really transformed it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:53 
Prince of Fops

Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

I played it on the PC last year and said this about it:

Quote:
A puzzle platformer in which your character controls an increasing array of powers that you can 'paint' onto the landscape to alter it's properties and get you through the levels. The graphics are pretty but there's something off-puttingly low fi about them which only serves to make the game look cheap unfortunately. It also desperately wants to be mentioned in the same breathe as Bastion but the VO guy is no Logan Cunningham and the actual dialogue is pretty lumpen stuff. It's not a bad game mind and it's short enough that it doesn't outstay it's welcome; not least because most of the puzzles are pretty straightforward. Well, that's for the 'normal' game anyway. Once you complete that it unlocks a new 'void' mode which turns all the levels into ludicrously difficult versions of themselves. I'm talking 'seven attempts to get off the first screen of the first level' sort of difficult which can GTFF. Which is a shame as it shows the developer does have the sort of fiendish imagination required to make something of the concept but the normal mode is, arguably, too easy and the void mode is just too stupidly difficult. A single mode lying somewhere between the two would've really transformed it.

A very fair write-up, that. It's very much a game I wouldn't even consider were it not on Vita. I suspect the lack of challenge is one of the main reasons I've enjoyed it. I've had to think a little, but not enough to frustrate my flabby brain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 19:03 
Bad Girl

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/22/brofor ... -in-march/

BROFORCE is free next month. You lucky shits.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 19:10 

Saturnalian wrote:
https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/22/broforce-wins-ps-plus-vote-to-be-free-on-ps4-in-march/

BROFORCE is free next month. You lucky bros.

FTFY.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 23:17 
Excellent Member

Eh. I played the free Expandabros thing and it was fun for a while but I was pretty happy when it ended because it got really repetitive and boring after a while.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 23:29 
Bad Girl

Y'know when you met everyone in London did they all greet you with a chorus of "la la la la la la la-bamba"?

Also, you're wrong. I haven't played the Expendabros but the sheer amount of Bros, destruction, splosions and campaign length was pure bliss. I fancy giving it a better going over with the four player co-op too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 23:40 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
Y'know when you met everyone in London did they all greet you with a chorus of "la la la la la la la-bamba"?

I was greeted only with cocktails. And me somehow managing to forget which hand you offer when people want to shake it. So about as smooth an introduction as you could expect.

Saturnalian wrote:
Also, you're wrong. I haven't played the Expendabros but the sheer amount of Bros, destruction, splosions and campaign length was pure bliss. I fancy giving it a better going over with the four player co-op too.

I honestly massively enjoyed it at first and tore into it with gusto, but was genuinely surprised myself when I started to get bored with it. :shrug:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 18:29 
Bad Girl

Ooh, GLAK-Z also on PS+. Rogue-like, asteroids shooter that had some good reviews.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:14 
Bad Girl

Full March line-up with BROFORCE = Other titles landing on the service are Galak-Z for PS4, Super Stardust HD and The Last Guy on PS3, and Vita titles Flame Over and Reality Fighters.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:33 
8-Bit Champion

Link : http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/02/ ... ak-z-more/?

Quote:
Here is the full list of uber-cool games that await you on 1st March:

Broforce (PS4)
Galak-Z (PS4)
Super Stardust HD (PS3)
The Last Guy (PS3)
Flame Over (PS Vita)
Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:37 
Decapodian

I got those PS3 games with my console. That was a very long time ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:37 
Bad Girl

Have you ultra-blocked me? Scumbag. I GOT HERE WITH THE INFO FIRST AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:46 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Thanks zaphod.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:52 
Sleepyhead

Without Zaphod here to tell us these things we would be scuppered!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 21:54 
Bad Girl

HNNNGH! I ain't coming here no more. Bloody under appreciated. Scum. Mumble. Mumble.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 22:00 
Decapodian

Forgot to say thanks Zaphod....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 23:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Good one, Zaph.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Have you ultra-blocked me? Scumbag. I GOT HERE WITH THE INFO FIRST AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

zaphod79 wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

But i'll add the useful link to it all

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/01/ ... r=36969785

zaphod79 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:31 

Why is everyone thanking Zaphod? I don't see any posts from him at all #TeamSat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 14:18 

first time it offers a game i already have (galak-z ) .. nice game thought (and super stardust, but i have that for the ps4.. and the amiga 1200)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:02 
8-Bit Champion

Aprils update

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/03 ... r=36969785

Quote:
Dead Star (PS4)
Zombi (PS4)
I Am Alive (PS3)
Savage Moon (PS3)
A Virus Named Tom (PS Vita)
Shutshimi (PS Vita)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:03 

Ooh, Zombi! That's almost an actual game that people once paid actual money for isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:07 
8-Bit Champion

I bought it - played a little bit but it did not grab me

Dead Star looks interesting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:09 
UltraMod

I played Zombi U a lot, will be fun to play it again. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:11 
Bad Girl

I won't be playing Zombi again.

I want to play that I Am Alive though. I was, a long time ago, going to spend actual money on that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:15 
UltraMod

Saturnalian wrote:
I want to play that I Am Alive though. I was, a long time ago, going to spend actual money on that.

Still got your PS3 set up? I've got it on PC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 17:34 
Bad Girl

Yeah, I've been playing Medal of Honour: something or other yesterday (pap, although I might as well finish it to see why the series suddenly died). And then Stardust HD (Pap, and I can't be bothered with it). And I've got Beyond Good & Evil (this in particular, apparently, needs a proper play through. I'm sick of seeing how good it is and I've never experienced it) to actually play through. And Blood Dragon as well. I've basically left the PS+ games to one side but there's some good stuff I've never finished on there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:08 

Dead Star looks like a 2d top-down arena dogfighter with heavy ship customisation. 10v10 online. Bit of a Star Control vibe.

https://youtu.be/UVrgtjIOS_Q

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:47 

zombi was only quite recently converted to ps4 wasn't it?... was quite nice on wiiu..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:22 
Decapodian

That's not a bad month at all. Never played Zombii U, and Dead Star looks right up my street.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:10 

can we initiate a 10vs 10 fight?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 
Decapodian

romanista wrote:
can we initiate a 10vs 10 fight?

It might be easier to find 10 of us to lose against a bunch of randoms.
I doubt we've got twenty active PS4 users here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 23:54 
Bad Girl

Far Cry: Blood Dragon just got its comeuppance and was deleted after I completed the entire fourth mission but it didn't save itself and immediately wanted me to do it all over again. Fuck. That.

It was desperately ok. I reckon I've too accustomed to the next gen as the graphics and the frame rate (oh god, am I one of those cunts) was killing my eyes. It wasn't helped by the terrible colour scheme for the world. Who the fuck thought black and red was a good idea? At night. I could barely discern the topography and wandered off mile high cliffs to a insta-death on a couple of occasions. And the fucking game doesn't have a torch either when it clearly needs one for navigating the open world bit. In fact, they could have easily just scrapped the open world and done a bunch of linear missions tied together with the cut scenes or some on rails bollocks. I didn't care for it at all. I'd got as much interest in looking for animals to skin but in the future as I had replaying for an entire mission. And why are we skinning animals in the future again? It's just padding really and a horrible remnant of FC3. Anyway, if completed half the campaign in an hour and I'm sure another 90 minutes and I'd be done. Maybe two hours. But I couldn't be arsed and I've got a compulsive nature to finish games is started; it's just, these kind of bugs really pee me off and I wasn't in the mood for FC's brand of weightless shooting action. It started good but got old really really fucking fast once the shooting started and I wasn't interested in seeing anymore identical bullet sponge baddies walking forward whilst shooting. Endlessly walking forward whilst shooting.

Not a classic and if you've played a Far Cry then youve played what this has to offer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 15:39 
Hibernating Druid

The fish based shooter is absolute gash. Not tried the other two offerings yet.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

Reply to topic  [ 1501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next