8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

He's not covered wars you know

Trailer :

Microsoft E3 briefing with gameplay

Post subject: Re: Dead Rising 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 23:36 
Bad Girl

Impressive (although the frame rate didn't quite seem as smooth as it should) but lacking the comedy zombie bashing. I couldn't give a toss about the tool bench; never could. Just let me find an infinite supply of Lego helmets.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 16:35 

NO NO NO

Quote:
Capcom is pointedly trying to appeal to a wider audience in this latest iteration, saying it's going after the Call of Duty player. Gone is the cartoonish visual design, replaced by a more "realistic" interpretation of a viral apocalypse. That change is part of the maturation. By shifting the art style, the combat can be "more visceral" than in previous versions, with "real gore."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 16:39 
Paws for thought

RIP Dead rising.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 16:44 
I forgot about this - how vain

Duty Rising: Modern Zombie: Brown Edition.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 17:10 
8-Bit Champion

:-(

Dead Rising was the very first 360 game that I saw that made me think this was not possible on the last gen

Despite everything else I liked DR2 and DRCW and I would *like* DR3 but this really doesn't sound good :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 17:10 
Sleepyhead

Christ. As much as I love CoD, I do wish every game would stop trying to morph into it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 17:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

So very much this :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 17:33 
Bad Girl

What does "it's going after the Call of Duty player" even mean!? Competitive multiplayer? Unlocking weapons through XP? Screaming emo's? Yes. Yes it probably does. All three of them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 16:15 
8-Bit Champion

Some basic trailers from the US

And one which was shown during this weeks Walking Dead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 
STOP BEING SO SHIT

I was incredibly dubious of everything I've seen of DR3 but apparently from a few mates who could be bothered to stand nigh-on 3 hours in line at the Eurogamer Expo, apparently it's not that bad.

Brown? Yes, but not that bad.

Not enough for me to go running back to MS with my tail between my legs, though. Hopefully a PS4 or PC port will turn up at a later date, because I honsetly don't believe this game is dependant on the "infinite power of the cloud".

My main issue is the fact they've decided to jump 10 years into the future of the DR universe where the zombie apocalypse is in full swing, completely leaving the set up from Dead Rising: Case West up in the air.

I would have killed for a DR3 centred on following up that story, with Frank & Chuck on the trail of Phenotrans and Marion Mallon, saving Isabella and acquiring the cure. But fuck that because Capcom are more interested in milking a franchise rather than wrapping up a plotline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 
UltraMod

I will wait for the inevitable PS4 version which Capcom aren't allowed to talk about yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 16:20 
8-Bit Champion

Coming to the PC this summer

Quote:
The critically acclaimed Dead Rising 3, an exclusive launch title for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be available for PC digital download on Steam globally and a retail version for Windows PC in Europe in summer 2014. PC gamers will be able to experience the hordes of horror at high PC resolutions with fully optimized visuals for the wide screen, upgraded textures on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects. Dead Rising 3 for PC will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support. Also compatible with the keyboard and mouse, players will be able to toggle back and forth between the two in real time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 17:00 
EvilTrousers

Quote:
Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft,

It's a fucking games console Microsoft. Surely the last 6 months has shown your convergence device "TV TV TV" construct to be a steaming pile of shite?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 17:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

WHOO!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 15:10 
8-Bit Champion

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/22/dead-ri ... r-crackle/

Quote:
A short look at the film adaptation of Dead Rising has surfaced.

dead_rising_watchtower_riggle

Transformers director Lorenzo di Bonaventura headed the project and it was directed by Zach Lipovsky.

It stars comedy actor Rob Riggle as Frank West, along with Academy Awards nominated actress Virginia Madsen (Candyman, Sideways), Dennis Haysbert (24), Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time), and Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives).

Dead Rising: Watchtower also stars Aleks Paunovic, Harley Morenstein and Keegan Connor Tracy.

Here’s the synopsis per the trailer description:

“Dead Rising: Watchtower takes place during a large-scale zombie outbreak. When a mandatory government vaccine fails to stop the infection from spreading, the four leads must evade infection while also pursuing the root of the epidemic, with all signs pointing to a government conspiracy. Politics, public paranoia, and media coverage play an important role in the story’s narrative.”

It will be available digitally on Crackle from March 27 on PC and through the Crackle mobile, PlayStation and Xbox app.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 15:30 
Bad Girl

I'll smash your face in.

viewtopic.php?style=19&f=3&t=10286&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=780

:kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 16:11 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:

Apologies - I missed that - i saw it tweeted elsewhere - i'm sure it will be crap but Dead Rising can be crappy at times as well :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 23:48 
Bad Girl

It appears no one has given two shits about this.

UNTIL NOW.

I played this on the XBONE at a friends and it actually seemed like decent fun and not too dissimilar to Dead Rising 2. The zombies were impressively densely packed and the vehicle driving bits didn't ruin it at all. I really wanted to play it myself and it's taken the Steam sale to drop to an acceptable price for me.

I'm only really typing shit so I can bump the thread and find it easy enough and fill it with crap in due course. I'd only fired it up to see if my PC could handle it. AND IT CAN! Settings: High. Vsync: I have no idea what it is but...BOOM, it's on. Fully synced up with V. Syncing that V all day long day.

Anyway, my PC zombies are impressively stumbling around in large herds. Soon I shall confront them with power tools whilst wearing a kilt and a Lego head.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 23:55 

LASERMINK'S QUICK GUIDE TO V-SYNC:

1. If you get weird stutter tearing that you find unpleasant try and enable v-sync. It may result in a lower frame rate and/or slight control lag.
  2. Conversely, if you have a low frame rate or annoying control lag, try and disable v-sync. It may result in weird stutter tearing.

EDIT: Stutter is the wrong word to use, though. The technical term is "tearing". The image appears to break up in places.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 23:53 
Bad Girl

Quote:
"When people have too many choices, they make bad choices."

- Thom Browne

There's a problem with Dead Rising 3 and it starts on the select screen. It asks what kind of person are you: a completionist, hardcore or something in between? The choice is even rephrased in a separate box in case you wondered what those choices actually meant. Completionist says (I'm paraphrasing from memory) "For those who want to see all of the content in Dead Rising 3". I don't want part of the game hidden behind some barrier that wouldn't allow me to experience everything there was to offer so of course I went for this option.

Fast forward over 15, maybe 20, hours and Dead Rising 3 is no more. I have seen all that there was to see and I was, I must confess, bored. Of course that initial choice of "game modes" actually just boiled down to the most divisive aspect of the earlier games: the ticking clock. Here you have 6 days to complete the game before the town is exploded by the government. The clock keeps ticking no matter what you are doing and quests and side quests are set up such that you can, in theory, run out of time before you have completed the main quest line and, as a consequence, be vaporised leaving you with no choice but to go back to the start of the game.

But my initial choice meant that once I had completed every single side quest (bar one I bodged up due to impatience) and every main quest mission there was a lot of time left on the clock. An awful lot of time. 2 days and 5 hours worth of time to be exact. The clock was rendered entirely pointless.

With the timer all but turned off I never once had a moment where I thought I might just let Lucy get eaten by zombies so I can save Ben who is a big guy and is great at beating back zombos. I never once thought I'd go grab someone else to help me bust through these crowds of zombies. I never once had to rescue someone and take them somewhere safe before I started the next boss fight. In fact, I never had to take anyone anywhere safe. All tension, excitement, thrill, or frustration is evaporated because the timer is off.

So with the timer disabled the makers were free to shove a load of collectibles into the game world: shoot these speakers, collect these Frank idols, collect 240-odd blueprints, blah blah blah. More tat to collect instead of creating a tight focussed experience. Yay?

So who is to blame here: the people who made the game or me? I could have turned on the difficulty to the max and had an (presumably) experience similar to Dead Rising 1 & 2. I could have resisted the urge and put a load of barriers in place and created my own experience. I could make a rule that says I can only play the game using cattle prods. I could have only played the game between the hours of 8PM-10PM. I could have created a rule that says that every 30 minutes I have to run my character back to a certain house because if I don't then a bomb will explode and if I don't make it then I have to restart the game. Yes, it's probably my fault for allowing myself to choose an option that was open from the start of the game without researching it thoroughly enough before I pressed A not knowing that it would instantly create a worse experience than I had in either of the other two games.

When you have the time however the cracks really start to show. You start a day and are instantly thrown all of the side quests one after another - literally one after another. WIthin seconds of one call you get the other. Then you have all the quests to do for that day. So you do a load of fetch quests and driving people from one side of the map to another and get very, very, very bored. The side quests aren't dished out slowly such that, say, as you're travelling with some guy from the first side quest that you get the call about the second. And you're all like "Christ, I better finish taking her over here" and just as you are about finished with that first quest and think "Oh, I can just about make it over to the next place to start the next side quest" you are then given a third choice but it is halfway across the map and the time to get their is really short and you're all like "WILL I MAKE IT TO BOTH!?".

That sounds like an ace game doesn't it. THAT'S DEAD RISING 1.

So Dead Rising 3 is a game all about choices. I suggest you choose never to play it since you wouldn't be missing much.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

So don't play it on "completionist" and it'll be a better game, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Or do play it on completionist because the stupid timer mechanic can go fuck itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:42 
Bad Girl

Grim... wrote:
So don't play it on "completionist" and it'll be a better game, right?

Presumably. I'm not playing the same game for another 15-20 hours another three times to find out which of the four start-up options provides the best experience. The fuckers who made it should have figured that out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:43 
Excellent Member

Cras wrote:
Or do play it on completionist because the stupid timer mechanic can go fuck itself.

:this: The whole idea is what's kept me from having any interest in these games up to this point so as it stands DR3 is the only one I might actually consider playing. I mean I won't actually play it obviously because I don't have an Xbone, but I'll consider it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 
Bad Girl

*psst* it's on PC.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:34 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
*psst* it's on PC.

Yeah, but my PC isn't really capable of high end stuff and I'm not going to be upgrading it any time soon so that's not really viable.

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]