Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Xbox one thread
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 0:05 

So, as of 5 minutes ago, the Xbox One has been out for 6 months. Of all of you lot that have bought it, how's it going? Are you glad you bought it? Annoyed? Has it been worth the price you paid?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 0:19 
Rude Belittler

It seems to be a trend where manufacturers fuck up their third console. Nintendo: NES: pretty good, SNES: Ace, N64: expensive cartridge based games, odd controllers. Gamecube: Ace, Wii: sold like hotcakes.

Sega: Master System: roughly on par with NES, Megadrive: Ace, Saturn: bizarre dual processor set-up, 2D focus in a 3D market. Dreamcast: Great console, shame about the marketing.

Sony: PS1: Ace, PS2: Ace, PS3:Overpriced, six-axis controller wasn't very well conceived, bizarre architecture hamstrung games in the beginning. PS4: looking pretty damn good.

MS: Xbox: Pretty Good, 360: Ace, One: oh dear.

Hang on, Wii U is Ninty's sixth and isn't doing so well. Is it a law that every third console will be crap? (excluding handhelds... though I suppose the GBA was the 3rd in the Gameboy line, and they fucked that up to begin with, too)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:30 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
So, as of 5 minutes ago, the Xbox One has been out for 6 months. Of all of you lot that have bought it, how's it going? Are you glad you bought it? Annoyed? Has it been worth the price you paid?

Has anyone bought one?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Bobbyaro wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Has anyone bought one?

When I asked about 2 months ago 2 people had :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10006

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:04 
Isn't that lovely?

I have got one.

It's mostly my kids that play on it, but I completed trials on it, I'm enjoying it and love the kinect aspect of it.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 
UltraMod

Malc wrote:
love the kinetic aspect of it.

But it doesn't move anywhere - just sits under your TV.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 
Excellent Member

British Nervoso wrote:
Malc wrote:
love the kinetic aspect of it.

But it doesn't move anywhere - just sits under your TV.

He really enjoys the way the discs spin.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:12 
Isn't that lovely?

Dicks.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:17 
UltraMod

:metul:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 
Unpossible!

Malc wrote:
Dicks.

Malc

Worst story ever.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 21:51 
8-Bit Champion

DavPaz wrote:
I'm astounded that Minecraft is still selling so well.

And that if you bought Minecraft 360 you can get the Xbox one version for 'cheap'

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-mine ... n-announce

Quote:
Are you feeling that uncomfortable “Minecraft” withdrawal from not being able to go all next-gen with your favorite blocky life simulator? If so, great news: “Minecraft” creator Mojang has just announced that “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition” is coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace this August – and if you’re a current “Minecraft” enthusiast, it’s only going to cost you a mere $4.99*!

Get ready for even bigger worlds (with scenic vistas), all of your favorite features from “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” and the option to import your saved game data and your beautiful, one-of-a-kind “Minecraft” world onto your Xbox One. That’s right: You don’t have to start from scratch. You can just keep going, right where you left off! That goes for most (but not all) of your downloadable skins and texture packs, though not all of them will make the jump.

“Minecraft: Xbox One Edition” will debut at $19.99. But here’s the best news for current “Minecraft” junkies: If you’re moving up from “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” (either the disc or Xbox Live Marketplace version), the Xbox One upgrade will run you a mere $4.99. And, even better, you can upgrade at this price for a full year from the game’s release!

So, get pumped for the sure-to-be-awesome “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition,” coming your way this August. And if you’re not already one of the 12 million-strong fans of “Minecraft” on Xbox, what are you waiting for?

*Users must own the retail version (disc or digital) of “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” in order to receive the upgrade price of $4.99 for “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition.”

Bet the $4.99 translates to £4.99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 
Excellent Member

When I signed up for a year of Live Gold I was given 6 months Skype Premium for Free

Yesterday I tried to call my Dad and was told it had ran out.

Then this morning I get an email saying I have another 6 months (at no cost), not sure if this is an error or if MS are giving more stuff for Live Gold subscribers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 19:45 
Bad Girl

Just caught the advert with that Breaking Bad guy.

I was pretty impressed actually when something cool happened on Titanfall (I know it's an advert but it's easy to remember times it's happened to me in a game) and he goes "Yo, xbox record that" and it does. Pretty sweet. Does the PS4 camera do that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:40 
Excellent Member

Starting to get some free stuff now, Spartan Assault and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood are now free downloads.

Also saying on the Gold Website that Dark Souls is free as well, although that wasn't the case on last week when I installed the other 2.

All these games are not big titles but better that a kick in the nuts given they were costing upwards of £15 each a month ago

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Dark Souls is free on the 360 at the moment so I don't think it's an Xbox One title.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:
Dark Souls is free on the 360 at the moment so I don't think it's an Xbox One title.

Given that there is no Xbone version of Dark Souls I think that's pretty safe to assume.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:04 
Excellent Member

Bamba wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Given that there is no Xbone version of Dark Souls I think that's pretty safe to assume.

Yes you are right I just noticed it says 360 next to the game :S

Shame it looked quite good!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 20:51 
UltraMod

Good news for all you dudebros who play EA games on your Xbox One:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... d5-a-month

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:13 
Excellent Member

On Friday (not sure if its still available) there was a download for the Beta of Destiny

http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en

By the people who did Halo, not sure how big the beta is in terms of content, but the final game is supposed to have play on a number of planets in our Solar System.

Looks nice, I played for 5 minutes before my wife told me off as I had our son on my knee! He was loving it and we had not got into any shooting or gore, but she doesn't like him looking at consoles etc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 
Excellent Member

asfish wrote:
On Friday (not sure if its still available) there was a download for the Beta of Destiny

http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en

By the people who did Halo, not sure how big the beta is in terms of content, but the final game is supposed to have play on a number of planets in our Solar System.

Looks nice, I played for 5 minutes before my wife told me off as I had our son on my knee! He was loving it and we had not got into any shooting or gore, but she doesn't like him looking at consoles etc

There's a whole thread about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10114

And the beta is now closed as I understand it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:16 
Excellent Member

MS have released a TV tuner, not badly priced @£25 and Amazon reviews are generally good.

Also a Plex App have been released for 360 and One, you need a Plex pass for this @$39.00 PA not sure I'm willing to buy that as its really duplicating the XBMC function. I found that Plex (Server running via a Thecus NAS App) was not good at library updates.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 13:21 
SavyGamer

Finally, I can watch TV on my TV.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 16:12 
UltraMod

Played on one of these last night. It's pretty good. The controllers are pretty much identical to the 360, except they've got extra-grippy thumbsticks, a better d-pad and force-feedback in the triggers.

The dash is obviously plastered with ads still, but it can run apps in the background like the PS4. Played a bit of Fifa and after scoring a cheeky chip it decided to save the clip automatically - I liked this feature.

It still looks like an 80s VHS recorder under the telly, but at least Microsoft seem to have sorted out a lot of the own goals they scored early on. I probably won't feel too bad about picking up a slim version for the exclusives in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 17:53 
EvilTrousers

I've asked for one for Christmas because Forza Horizon 2 and Halo really. Plus MS do seem to have got their act together.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 21:43 
UltraMod

Trousers wrote:
I've asked for one for Christmas because Forza Horizon 2 and Halo really. Plus MS do seem to have got their act together.

Played enough Forza and Halo to last me the next few years. Will be nice to play the MCC in a few years time. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 21:53 
Bad Girl

I've played about 3 hours of Sunset Overdrive on the XBONE and it was masses of fun!

I'm a bit gutted it ain't in the PS4 actually. The mechanics are great: you basically spend the entire game rail sliding everywhere and on everything with an edge. It's basically Tony Hawks with shooting gloopy monsters and it's ace.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:48 
Excellent Member

All the Live Services were down most of Xmas Day, this doesn't just affect gaming, I couldn't use Skype or anything else online

Pissed me right off as we wanted family Skype calls without having to be crowed round an Ipad or PC.

Even now on their service status page they claim all the apps are working but there are still issues with signing into Live, which means you can't use any of the fucking apps >:(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:49 
Isn't that lovely?

Apparently xbox and ps networks were both hacked.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:20 
Decapodian

Malc wrote:
Apparently xbox and ps networks were both hacked.

Malc

Subject to a Denial Of Service attack rather than hacked, but the end result is the same - lots of people can't sign in.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 18:01 

I've got one of these!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 18:04 
Bad Girl

Nevermind, hey, we all get that one duff prezzie at Christmas. I got some gloves that didn't fit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 18:13 

Saturnalian wrote:
Nevermind, hey, we all get that one duff prezzie at Christmas. I got some gloves that didn't fit.

Hey! I actually quite like it. :P
Most of my family and friends have the Xbox too, instead of the PS4.
I like the snap feature. I use Skype on it a lot, its pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 18:55 
UltraMod

They both seem quite similar now. I would go with whatever your friends have got.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 20:37 
Gogmagog

American Nativity wrote:
They both seem quite similar now. I would go with whatever your friends have got.

Tossed a coin, did you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 20:45 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
American Nativity wrote:

Tossed a coin, did you?

I blaze trails - you follow in my wake.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:19 

Doesn't really fit in here... But meh.
My 360 is having troubles. After 20 - 30 minutes of being on, a warning comes us telling me that it is turning off to prevent overheating, and I can turn it back on once the power light has stopped flashing red. I've tried moving it around, standing it up, etc. but it always says it after a while.
Any ideas on any way to fix it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:36 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Try putting a vacuum cleaner around all the air holes. The fans inside should stop it from overheating so mayne they're clogged up with dust? Worth a try.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 13:52 
EvilTrousers

So I got me an XBoxOne off of Father Christmas.

Thoughts;

It's big, really big. And it has a power brick even. It is reasonably quiet for all it's size though at least.
The controller is utter fucking sex. An iterative evolution of the 360 pad it just feels like an extension of your own nervous system.
Modern gaming is rubbish - not once was I able to actually put a disc in and play. The 18GB Halo Master Chief day one patch is a complete piss take.
The dashboard is awful, really awful. It's cumbersome and confusing and like some kind of puzzle game just to find stuff. The store is a joke.
The games look very pretty polygon, lighting and frame rate wise but nothing so far is as breathtaking or visually compelling as Mario Kart 8 (or Bayonetta 2 for that matter)
The Forza Horizon 2 demo had to be found via the website rather than the store - WTF? It's really good though so I have bought it.
The Master Chief Collection is a love letter to Halo fans (of which I am one) and despite having played the first Halo on Xbox, PC, Xbox 360 I am playing it again and enjoying just as much - only at 60fps whilst switching between legacy mode for nerdgasms.

Verdict - If you like waiting to play your games with more shinies and a sexy controller then this is the kind of thing you will like.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 14:55 
UltraMod

Cookie197 wrote:
My 360 is having troubles. After 20 - 30 minutes of being on, a warning comes us telling me that it is turning off to prevent overheating, and I can turn it back on once the power light has stopped flashing red. I've tried moving it around, standing it up, etc. but it always says it after a while.

This is what happened to mine. I took the whole case off and cleared out all the dust. It worked perfectly after that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 15:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Trousers wrote:
The 18GB Halo Master Chief day one patch is a complete piss take.

'Patch'.

18GB. 'Patch'......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 21:03 

Cookie197 wrote:

as AN says you will probably need to take it apart, I had the same problem. It is pretty straightforward, there are plenty of guides on utube. The heat sinks were completely clogged. If that doesn't solve it, it could be your PSU overheating also, similar take apart and clean, make sure to plug the fan back in if you do this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 21:41 

If I do that, and it doesn't work, would I still be able to send it away to Microsoft? Or would they refuse to do anything since its been opened?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 21:48 
Unpossible!

Cookie197 wrote:
If I do that, and it doesn't work, would I still be able to send it away to Microsoft? Or would they refuse to do anything since its been opened?

Do you still have warranty?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 23:55 

Cookie197 wrote:

This happened to my brother's 360. I told him to vacuum it through the vents (I was texting from a wedding a couple of years ago and was quite drunk, so may have been joking at the time, or might have thought it was an ace idea for real. Either way he missed that I was off my face and so followed my sage advice, and it worked perfectly ever since, and he still has it now.

Me = awesome sister.

Note: This may break your Xbox.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 0:12 
Unpossible!

Wrap it in a wet towel, put it in an oven at 250 for 3 hours.

Or something

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 0:32 

Cookie197 wrote:

No. But unless your Xbox is less than one year old it is out of warranty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 18:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

That's the Emmy Award-winning Xbox One, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 20:10 
8-Bit Champion

http://live.theverge.com/microsoft-wind ... live-blog/

Xbox one can stream games to your Windows 10 devices (like the PS4 currently does with Vita and android phones)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 21:00 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

And crazy holographic shit. But that's not for this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 
Excellent Member

Are there any games out for XboxOne that have been 100% developed on the new hardware yet?

I bought mine for Skype and the BluRay player (as I didn't have one) in the first instance with a plan to game on it later

I'm still of thinking that most things are 360 ports or is this not the case now?

Other issue I have is that I can't turn it on without my son going nuts and wanting the Gruffalo on via Prime Video, if there is anything else other than this he turns the console off, I have to stick the sofa foot rest in front of it to stop him!

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 52  Next