Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Wedding
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 15:09 
Ready for action

Excellent photos, that suite looks incredible. I'm really not sure yet what our numbers are going to be so that figure is going to have a big impact on what we can do for our reception. A suite is the favourite right now though :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 22:34 
Ready for action

Wedding is now booked, and today I went for my first visit to bridal shops 'just for a look'. Pretty sure I found my dress, probably going to buy it on Monday when I go back with my sisters :DD :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 

How did you find the bridal shops? Jazzy and I went in a couple a few weeks ago and they made me feel nauseous, even though I have had my dress since January. I think it was the emotion invested in the place (there was a girl in the shop clearly distressed as the dresses she was trying on she didn't like and she was very upset), and staff members: 'when's your wedding?'
'Mid July'
'What? Well you've not left yourself much time!!!!'

Really abrupt and... I don't know. Anyway, I had my dress and was mostly looking for Jazzy, but they still made me feel panicked and bad about everything, so I wondered if it was me, those particular bridal shops or just all bridal shop staff :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 
Sitting balls-back folder

Helen got her dress from tk maxx for £55, then spent months trying to find something 'proper' but in the end it was just the best one :DD

I imagine it helped that we weren't doing a white wedding.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 
Sleepyhead

sdg wrote:
Wedding is now booked, and today I went for my first visit to bridal shops 'just for a look'. Pretty sure I found my dress, probably going to buy it on Monday when I go back with my sisters :DD :luv:

In Vegas?

Details!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 
Sitting balls-back folder

I believe 'the traditional package' runs along the lines of champagne, gambling, champagne, a shotgun wedding you don't remember, champagne, gambling, blow, hookers and champagne and blow, real shotguns, dead hookers, police chase and deportation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 
Ready for action

Mimi wrote:
How did you find the bridal shops? Jazzy and I went in a couple a few weeks ago and they made me feel nauseous, even though I have had my dress since January. I think it was the emotion invested in the place (there was a girl in the shop clearly distressed as the dresses she was trying on she didn't like and she was very upset), and staff members: 'when's your wedding?'
'Mid July'

Really abrupt and... I don't know. Anyway, I had my dress and was mostly looking for Jazzy, but they still made me feel panicked and bad about everything, so I wondered if it was me, those particular bridal shops or just all bridal shop staff :)

Aw that sucks Mimi, I fortunatly had a really good experience. I have always said I wouldn't buy an expensive 'bridal' gown and would rather spend the money elsewhere but once I'd tried on a couple that I loved, all my sensible thoughts went out the window. I love the way they are fitted to your body and give you the most amazing looking figure and silhoutte. I wish I could wear one every day!
We were the only group in the shop for most of the time so I didn't see anyone getting stressed or upset. The first few dresses I tried on didn't really impress me and I started to get a bit anxious that maybe I just wouldn't suit a wedding dress but once we found my style I was delighted.
I think you must have just had bad staff, I hope the rest of your planning is a bit more enjoyable!

I went to sleep last night thinking about my dress and it was the first thing I thought of this morning. I'm now beginning to worry though that I've picked the first one I loved and maybe I should see more so I might try and fit in another appointment on Monday afternoon. ?:|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 
Ready for action

BikNorton wrote:
Helen got her dress from tk maxx for £55, then spent months trying to find something 'proper' but in the end it was just the best one :DD

I imagine it helped that we weren't doing a white wedding.

I wish I had tried on some lovely designer non bridal dresses first and I bet I'd have been happy with one of them for less than £200, but now I've tried on a glamourous gown fitted to my figure I'm afraid I've got full on bride brain :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:23 
Ready for action

Curiosity wrote:
sdg wrote:

In Vegas?

Details!

We've booked the Platinum hotel, ceremony on the rooftop terrace at sunset, then a cocktail hour, then inside for dinner, then back on the rooftop where our DJ will be set up and dancing under the stars.
Booked Gin and Sake as the photographers and nearly settled on the DJ (my favourite one has been ruled out based on costing $5000 :'( :DD ).
Flights are just coming out now so we'll be booking them and the hotel sometime in the coming weeks!
Our date is Thursday 9th April 2015 :) :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 
Sleepyhead

:luv: Amazing :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:30 
Gogmagog

Sounds super!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:59 
sdg wrote:
Our date is Thursday 9th April 2015 :) :luv:

Less than a year to go now!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:01 

Looks brilliant!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:16 
Excellent Member

sounds wonderful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:40 
Ready for action

Thanks everyone, we're both so excited about it :) I still need to sort out flowers, officiant, cake, transport, accomodation and honeymoon.
We were originally thinking of hiring a car and driving up the west coast for our honeymoon but I'm beginning to think that after a week in Vegas and the stress of planning the wedding long distace, we might appreciate an ultra all inclusive or luxury hotel in Mexico or Hawaii. Might as well use the excuse of our honeymoon to go somewhere we would not normally be able to justify to ourselves!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

sdg wrote:
Might as well use the excuse of our honeymoon to go somewhere we would not normally be able to justify to ourselves!

We said this and ended up in Vegas... and then went again the next year so that almost worked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 13:01 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mimi wrote:
'Mid July'

Mrs T has a terrible experience in one of the bridal shops she went to, and a brilliant experience in another, so I think it all depends on the shop itself and the people who work there.

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2