It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
 Post subject: Re: PS4 confirmed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 
Excellent Member

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:
I always have enough single player games that I'm unlikely to play again that freeing up space is easy.
500 GB is tough, especially when you share your PS4 with someone else. Our games-we-often-play-online working set must be 2-300 GB, right? GTA is 65-70 GB alone I think.

I suspect 1 TB is reasonable though. I've never deleted anything since putting in my 2 TB drive a year or so ago, so I probably over-ordered a little bit.

Traditionally I'd have precisely one game installed at any given time so even 500GB was overkill. With the advent of PSVR though I keep everything installed for the sake of other people coming round to play with it, but even at that I'm still nowhere near hitting the 1TB limit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 
SupaMod
Everybodys gilf

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:
I always have enough single player games that I'm unlikely to play again that freeing up space is easy.
500 GB is tough, especially when you share your PS4 with someone else. Our games-we-often-play-online working set must be 2-300 GB, right? GTA is 65-70 GB alone I think.

I suspect 1 TB is reasonable though. I've never deleted anything since putting in my 2 TB drive a year or so ago, so I probably over-ordered a little bit.

TBH GTA is the only big one, the others are fine. I can usually have 2 or 3 SP games installed and still have space for updates.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Joans wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I left the 1TB drive in my Pro.

Where's the fun in that? :p

Once I said I didn't want to transfer over all the PS Plus games I've played for 30 seconds, there wasn't a whole lot to transfer between consoles.

Same. Which is why I left the 1TB drive in my Pro ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:35 

Ok, I have about 400 gig free, so I'll leave it now, and it can be a problem for future-Joans.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 13:51 

TheVision wrote:
Isn't everything saved in the cloud anyway? I know that on the Xbox One, you can just sign in with your username and password and it will download everything for you including saves, the layout of your home screen and the association with which games you need to download. Doesn't the PS4 have this?

Something that is very definitely not backed up is savegames for any guest accounts ie. people without their own PS+ accounts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 
Excellent Member

Super-sampling mode coming to PS4 Pro with the next firmware update:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02 ... ware-5-50/

Assuming I'm reading it right, it means that any game which has a 4K mode available can have that turned on then sampled down to 1080p so you get a visual improvement even on a non-4K set. Although, as noted in the link, a lot of games offer this anyway as part of their Pro feature set so I'm not sure how much difference this will make. Also, if you have this switched on at system level will it over-ride the per game settings you choose i.e. if I choose in a given game to leverage the Pro horsepower to get 60FPS instead of more shinies then how does that interact with the system-level super-sampling choice?

Reply to topic  [ 2346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79