Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: PS4 confirmed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 
SavyGamer

Rez for PS4. With VR support.

Sony just won PSX.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 19:58 

Sony has as of yesterday put this on special offer for 300 euro (50 euro off) in Spain for a week (or until 40000 units have been sold, they say). It should be noted that in Spain presents are not given on Christmas Day but on Three Kings' Day (6th of January), so this is designed to coincide with prime time gift shopping. It is offered at this price on Amazon.es as part of the campaign.

So now I have one! I may even get some games for it at some point...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 13:02 
Rude Belittler

Dark Cloud is a bit... weird. It's like a 3D Zelda with random dungeons and frog golf. And village building.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 
Participant in dramatic games

amplitude review.. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ude-review

but i can't find it on the psn store?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 15:26 

The controller sure does run out of juice quickly. It seems only slightly better than the Wii U gamepad, but at least with that I got a nice charging cradle rather than a comically short USB cable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:20 

Is there a secret to getting through the layers of stupid I'm encountering contacting playstation support, or do they just keep it up until you go away?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:42 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Why the fuck are you contacting playstation support?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:48 
Decapodian

Joans wrote:
Is there a secret to getting through the layers of stupid I'm encountering contacting playstation support, or do they just keep it up until you go away?

If you are lucky they won't ban your console.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:49 

That seems to be their attitude.
Someone else has been spending my money. It's just credit that was on there, there's no bank details, and I don't expect them to do anything, so I was quite happy to make a note not to be such a dick and leave money on the account in the future, but I thought I should probably tell them just in case I got someone sympathetic.

Unfortunately, all I'm getting is either some basic AI picking up on key words in my emails, or real live people that I'm amazed can tie their shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Who the fuck stole your money? What a cunt. How much was it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:51 

They can only buy things for your account though can't they?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:52 

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Joans wrote:

If you are lucky they won't ban your console.

Yeah that was my other thought, at the moment I can write this off, but presumably once I start swearing at their support things will quickly go wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 13:56 

markg wrote:
They can only buy things for your account though can't they?

True, but I didn't really want battlefront, and if I did, if probably have bought the star wars one, and I wouldn't have spent £40 on it either.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how all this works, obviously I'm now the proud owner of a copy of battlefront 4, and I also have an extra PS3 linked to my account.
I've changed my password, but I don't know if that means they can still play it as long as the ps3 is still against my account or if they'll just have had to move on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 14:12 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Sony support is crap but if you persevere you will eventually get to people who know of the existence of shoe laces and may have once seen a video on what to do with them

The person who 'used' your account can continue to play BF on their system if its a PS3 'forever' (I think since they downloaded it 'first' then their console keeps a license for it), but if it was a PS4 then as soon as you changed your password it would prompt them for it the next time they go online with the system (and assuming they dont have your new one then they are stuck)

Did you re-use your username / password with some other systems which have been hacked (talktalk / etc) ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 14:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
Did you re-use your username / password with some other systems which have been hacked (talktalk / etc) ?

Of course he didn't! Joans can tie his shoelaces.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 14:23 

I assume it's a PS3 as that's what's been added, although I'm not entirely sure what they've bought as it's showing up in my PS4 library.
I will admit my password management is crap, but I'm not aware of anything else being hacked that I have a password for.

I'll see what their next response is, but I can't really be bothered to push too hard as I doubt I'll get the money back (although it's not like I can spend it with anyone other than them), and to be honest the whole process has been a lot more stressful since I contacted Sony.
I'm pretty sure that's not how this sort of thing is meant to work, but hey.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 14:36 
Prince of Fops

zaphod79 wrote:
Sony support is crap but if you persevere you will eventually get to people who know of the existence of shoe laces and may have once seen a video on what to do with them

I've been struggling with PS support as well. Bought the season pass for GoT ages ago, it doesn't appear in my Library nor does it allow me to apply it in-game. But trying to get hold of someone at PS to sort it proved impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:01 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I had problems with Microsoft ages ago and complained so much that eventually, someone from America phoned me and fixed the problem there and then.

It did take a hell of a lot of moaning though so good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:55 
Unpossible!

TheVision wrote:
I had problems with Microsoft ages ago and complained so much that eventually, someone from America phoned me and fixed the problem there and then.

You spoke to the whole windows phone division?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:57 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Yes. Luckily it was a Tuesday so he was in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 16:09 
Unpossible!

TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

O/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 16:13 

lasermink wrote:
The controller sure does run out of juice quickly. It seems only slightly better than the Wii U gamepad, but at least with that I got a nice charging cradle rather than a comically short USB cable.

a tip for this which they gave me when i bought my ps4 is reduce the light clarity of the controllers in the settings...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 16:25 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

O/

\O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 17:25 
8-Bit Champion

Findus Fop wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

I've been struggling with PS support as well. Bought the season pass for GoT ages ago, it doesn't appear in my Library nor does it allow me to apply it in-game. But trying to get hold of someone at PS to sort it proved impossible.

I had an issue where I bought a 'sale' item , the price on the page was the sale price but when i went through checkout it charged me full price

It took maybe around 5 or 6 emails to get it eventually escalated and it was sorted - if you are feeling frustrated you can call up their support but they are very limited in what they can do (its handed from a support center in the UK which is good but they really cant do very much which is not good :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:41 

@zaphod, which game was it? i had it with start wars battle front, but saw the price changing in time so didn't buy it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 13:00 
8-Bit Champion

romanista wrote:
@zaphod, which game was it? i had it with start wars battle front, but saw the price changing in time so didn't buy it

It was some time last year and I cant remember which - i think it was a Vita game.

Found it - Dead or Alive 5 - Vita was supposed to be £3.50 and i was charged £7 (I had screenshots showing the correct price and what it charged me)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 13:19 
Excellent Painter

zaphod79 wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

I had an issue where I bought a 'sale' item , the price on the page was the sale price but when i went through checkout it charged me full price

It took maybe around 5 or 6 emails to get it eventually escalated and it was sorted - if you are feeling frustrated you can call up their support but they are very limited in what they can do (its handed from a support center in the UK which is good but they really cant do very much which is not good :-)

All their support staff are probably dealing with hackers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 15:51 

Making progress, I just need to give them my serial numbers. That was easy, I just copied and pasted them from their response as I already sent them two days ago.

This is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 18:17 
Excellent Member

I wanted to check out the Playstation Now service for a while just to see how capable it was and finally got round to it this afternoon via the free trial. For the sake of a proper stress test I loaded up God of War: Ascension, not only as it's a fast moving game that relies on quick processing of button presses but also because graphically it pushed the PS3 to it's limits.

Unsurprisingly the streaming experience doesn't totally match up to local play. The game still looks very good but the impressive lighting effects don't quite make it through and in motion it looks like a 'normal' PS3 game rather than the shiny hardware-stressing first-party developed experience it was. I doubt you'd think twice about it if you hadn't played the proper game but it sticks in my mind because it looked very slick originally so I was aware at points that I wasn't getting the full visual fidelity.

Similar comments could be aimed at the frame rate; the proper game ran above 30FPS during a lot of points and you could feel the smoothness of the animations and whatnot, whereas the streamed version doesn't give that impression. Which is far from a disaster because, again, for most last gen games you might not even notice. Either way, I never noticed any slow down or frame drops which I was pleasantly surprised by as I was expecting at least a bit of that just due to the nature of internet streaming.

Controller response was necessarily (and sometimes noticeably) slower than local play (some situation requiring a double jump especially) but overall it was very impressive stuff and certainly the game was perfectly playable.

I played all the way through to the end of the first boss fight with the The Hecatonchires so I went through a decent chunk of it, and that first level does it's best to show off the game engine so it was a good test. Also, just for fun, I tried it out both on my PS4 and directly on my Sony TV using the PS Now app. Initially I had a feeling it didn't quite look or feel as good through the TV but that feeling wore off within a couple of minutes and I stopped noticing, so I'm honestly not sure if there was a differing experience or if that was just my expectations at play. Oh, and for the record, I've got fibre internet so am well above the minimum 5Mbps required. Although both the TV and PS4 are connected to the router via wifi so I wasn't running the 100% optimum setup.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 22:24 

Amplitude is now available..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 13:30 
Bad Girl

Good games I like from PS+: a tiny list.

Stealth Inc. 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 14:16 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Good games I like from PS+: a tiny list.

Stealth Inc. 2.

Rocket League?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 16:13 
Bad Girl

I'm just saying Stealth 2 has had no interest in here when it's really quite fab. And I don't even like puzzle games, for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 16:28 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
I'm just saying Stealth 2 has had no interest in here when it's really quite fab. And I don't even like puzzle games, for the most part.

I'm interested in it, I loved the first one and picked the second one up for free somehow on Steam. Though fuck knows when I'll get round the playing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 16:35 
UltraMod

I thought the first one was very meh so haven't bothered with the second.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 19:14 
SavyGamer

The second one was given away free on PC via the Humble store at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:20 
Rude Belittler

romanista wrote:
Amplitude is now available..

Got it, the game is pretty good, looks good. Not a fan of the music, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:21 

@pudabaya. ... it's exactly what i wanted to be.. not that expensive, quite relaxing, and that rez like feeling you are part of creating the experience, not just experiencing it yourself..

not sure about the default control setup though, not exactly sure what would be better... but i don't like it that lef, middle are the same kind of key and that right is a trigger..., and that middle/right should be done by the same finger..

oh and bloodborne is half price now so i bought it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 
Rude Belittler

There just isn't enough groove. It says something that the song I like the most is a remix of one from the original Amplitude. None of the others give me that 'zone' feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:55 

they didn't get enough money to use 'real' composers i guess..:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:36 
Esoteric

PSVR to cost $299

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu ... cost_299/1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 
Decapodian

JohnCoffey wrote:

So at least £249 here.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:45 

If it turns out to be really good then I'd be tempted to bite at that sort of price.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 
Decapodian

Yep, assuming it doesn't make me motion sick, I can justify spending that much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 

Mm, and that is without 'move controllers and camera" , Move controllers essential for interacting with it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 

I've already got those but yeah I think a lot of the games will be designed around that control scheme, not sure if e.g. a racing game would work without them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 
Decapodian

Yep, I've got the camera from the PS4 and Move controllers from the PS3, so I'm sorted for those.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 13:50 
Esoteric

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:

So at least £249 here.....

Yes. VS £600 for a Oculus and a £1000 anchor to power it.

Viva Sony ! I think I will be buying a PS4 very shortly...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 15:31 
Excellent Member

markg wrote:
If it turns out to be really good then I'd be tempted to bite at that sort of price.

At that price point I'll pick one up just on general principle. Even if there's only ever a handful of games that support it/are any good I'm happy to pay £250 for the experience. Hell, I could take it into work and make the money back in minutes just charging people for a shot. :DD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 16:24 

Joans wrote:
I assume it's a PS3 as that's what's been added, although I'm not entirely sure what they've bought as it's showing up in my PS4 library.
I will admit my password management is crap, but I'm not aware of anything else being hacked that I have a password for.

I'll see what their next response is, but I can't really be bothered to push too hard as I doubt I'll get the money back (although it's not like I can spend it with anyone other than them), and to be honest the whole process has been a lot more stressful since I contacted Sony.
I'm pretty sure that's not how this sort of thing is meant to work, but hey.

Well, over two weeks with no response and I'd already given up, and then I suddenly get another email telling me they've given me my money back. I'm going to spend it quick before someone else does. :p

I can't complain about the outcome, but it's still a pretty shoddy process.

Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52  Next