Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: PS4 confirmed
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Until tomorrow you can buy Thief or the new Tomb Raider on PS4 via the US store for $30 (around £18)

Thief : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... -spotlight

Tomb Raider : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... -spotlight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 18:30 
8-Bit Champion

PS4 games out / due out in 2014

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/ ... 0-growing/

(images ripped from a thread on neogaf)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 
UltraMod

PS4 owners, rejoice; you will now be able to play the official Beex 2nd best game of all time:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... loyee-says

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 
8-Bit Champion

Another 'cheap' PS4 game from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002I098JE/

$38 for COD Ghosts which works out at about £23 (make sure you select the PS4 digital copy)

Its not really that different to the Xbox360 version and its probably the worst COD in the last few years but if anyone is looking for it then ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 14:06 
chewbacca -future arc welder

I has one of these now, psn name is krazywookie86 add me up for lolz, zombie game thing, warframe abnd bf4 are what's going down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 14:26 
ugvm'er at heart...

krazywookie wrote:
I has one of these now, psn name is krazywookie86 add me up for lolz, zombie game thing, warframe abnd bf4 are what's going down.

Come join Apocalypse Cow in BF4, details should be in the bf4 thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:42 
8-Bit Champion

More random numbers

http://www.geek.com/games/ps4-ships-7-m ... 1-1589841/

Quote:
PS4 ships 7 million worldwide, outsells Xbox One in Europe 7:1

When we checked in with the PS4 last month, Sony managed to sell six million units since the console’s mid-November release last year, which was one million units ahead of Sony’s own estimate. Just one month later, more numbers have been revealed: Sony has shipped seven million PS4s worldwide, which is about three million more than the Xbox One. At the end of the day, a four-million-unit gap isn’t too gigantic. However, when compared with, for instance, the PS4′s sales compared to the Xbox One’s sales in Europe during the month of March — an eyebrow-raising seven to one lead — a different story is told.

That 7:1 sales lead accounts for (more or less) the last week in March, beginning on the 17. During that period, the PS4 sold 180,000 units, while the Xbox One only managed 25,000. Unfortunately for Microsoft, the Xbox One’s biggest game, Titanfall, released just one week prior, and did not appear to help sell the console just one week later.

Of course, seven million units compared to four million units isn’t anywhere close to a death knell for the Xbox One. Whenever this console cycle winds down, the final figures for both the PS4 and Xbox One might be the same. For the majority of last generation, the Xbox 360 had a significant lead on the PS3, and for similar reasons. Sony botched the PS3 launch in a variety of ways — the console was gigantic, came out too late, and was too expensive. Microsoft didn’t botch the launch of the Xbox One, but definitely botched the reveal. However, in the end, the PS3 and box 360 were neck-and-neck in sales. It’s entirely possible that Microsoft’s botched Xbox One reveal will eventually wither away, and the console will catch up when all is said and one.

For now, though, Sony is enjoying success, and Microsoft is sitting in the strange dual-state of succeeding while losing. The next stage in the battle will begin when both consoles finally have more triple-A exclusives.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:10 
Bad Girl

I thought the PS+ Thread was renamed "The PS Plus Thread"? I'll be damned if I can find it.

Anyhoo, Playstation are having an Easter Sale.

The Highlights are:

Nin No Kuni for around £5.
TxK for £3.19 (+20% off for PS+). Vita.
MGS HD Collection: £7.99 (+10% off for PS+). Vita. £9.99 + 10% PS+ for PS3.
Hotline Miami £2.39. Cross Buy.
Oddworld: Oddbox £6.49 + 10% PS+. PS3

And other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:17 
Excellent Member

Saturnalian wrote:
I thought the PS+ Thread was renamed "The PS Plus Thread"? I'll be damned if I can find it.

Anyhoo, Playstation are having an Easter Sale.

The Highlights are:

Nin No Kuni for around £5.
TxK for £3.19 (+20% off for PS+). Vita.
MGS HD Collection: £7.99 (+10% off for PS+). Vita. £9.99 + 10% PS+ for PS3.
Hotline Miami £2.39. Cross Buy.
Oddworld: Oddbox £6.49 + 10% PS+. PS3

And other stuff.

Wouldn't the 'bargains' thread be the place for this kind of thing anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:20 
Bad Girl

Either/or.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:36 

I'll probably buy Ni No Kuni then, and then never play it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 13:49 
UltraMod

For those of you who have a DayZ style hankering, but no PC (or patience for unfinished games), H1Z1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 18:32 
Bad Girl

Mercenary Kings downloaded. I've only watched the splash screen and my 80's arcade action taste buds are watering.

I'll give this a shot later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 
8-Bit Champion

A bit more about overall numbers for the PS4 on units sold and games

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/ ... -globally/

Quote:
PS4 Sales Surpass 7 Million Globally

Hi guys! I’ve got a quick update to share with you. Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. just announced that PS4 has cumulatively sold through more than 7.0 million units globally as of April 6th, 2014. PS4 software sales are another bright spot, with more than 20.5 million copies sold at retail and PlayStation Store worldwide as of April 13th, 2014.

On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice. We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.

On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 13:23 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/technology/sony-buys-xbox/

Sony buy Xbox, allegedly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 13:47 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/technology/sony-buys-xbox/

Sony buy Xbox, allegedly.

You know that's a spoof news site right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 16:09 
8-Bit Champion

American sales numbers for March are 'out' (not really just the spin just now) - pretty much everyone expected Titanfall to push the Xbox One over the PS4 in hardware sales however it did not - PS4 continued to outsell the Xbox one even with a bundled copy of Titanfall included

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... -march-npd

*Note* Titanfall sales also include PC copies just to make sure it hits number 1

Quote:
Titanfall tops chart, but PS4 leads hardware again in March - NPD

While the Xbox One shooter fared well, Sony's PS4 led hardware sales for the third consecutive month in the US, NPD said

The NPD Group has issued its March video game sales report, revealing a 28 percent drop in software sales (including PC) to $432 million. Hardware, however, soared 78 percent on the strength of the new consoles, totaling $395 million. Accessories were also up 4 percent to $224 million. Overall, total industry sales increased 3 percent to $1.03 billion.

“Software declines in March 2014 stemmed from poor comparisons to new launches from last March. Collectively, March 2014 launches sold 42 percent less than March 2013 launches," explained NPD analyst Liam Callahan.

"Last March we saw eight of the top ten games were new launches with games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Judgment, God of War: Ascension. This March saw six of the top ten games as new launches with Titanfall, inFAMOUS Second Son, South Park: The Stick Of Truth, and Dark Souls II.”

NPD noted that Sony's PlayStation 4 led hardware sales (for the third month in a row) despite the Xbox One exclusive Titanfall topping the games chart. Globally, Sony announced recently that PS4 had surpassed 7 million units sold.

Hardware in general put in a robust performance during the last month, boosting the industry year-over-year. "PS4 and Xbox One continue to see success with cumulative sales of the two consoles through the first five months currently totaling more than double that of their predecessors, the PS3 and Xbox 360," added Callahan.

Check out the top 10 chart below.

http://i.imgur.com/vjumf7S.jpg

Oh and someone has pointed out that Sonys PS4 numbers are 7 million 'sold' Microsofts are 5 million 'to retailers' so anything sitting on a shelf is included in that 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 16:38 
Bad Girl

Nice to see Dark Souls 2 getting some success even though the public just want shiny shiny inFamous. I wonder what the sales figures for DS2 are compared to DS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 
8-Bit Champion

New firmware should now be out

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/ ... nd-ps-app/

Quote:
PlayStation 4 v1.70 Update

SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70, an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4 system’s home screen once it’s available. Once installed, SHAREfactory allows you to easily customize your gameplay videos with special effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage device. The app is packed with plenty of cool, but accessible, tools. It’s simple enough to use for beginning editors, while functioning as a rich video editor for those with more creative aspirations. Check out our new SHAREfactory video that provides a walkthrough of what you can expect:

Automatic Pre-download: No more waiting until after a game is released to start downloading select pre-ordered games from PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to several days in advance of the release, so that it’s ready to play as soon as the game is released on launch day. There’s also a countdown timer prior to the release of the game so you’ll know how soon your game will be available for you to start playing.
Option to Disable HDCP for Games: This highly requested feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your HDMI output and export them elsewhere.
USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: It’s now even easier to show off your heroic gaming moments and the SHAREfactory videos you create with the world using this feature to export your videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DUALSHOCK 4 SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your proudest achievements on other social networks and other video platforms.
Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: We’ve increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.
New SHARE Options: We’ve got a number of new SHARE settings that will give you better control of what you want to share with your friends. Here is what you can look forward to:
Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.
Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts.
Select specific Facebook audiences to share each video or screenshot with.
New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.
New Friends Options: It’s now easier to find Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends, view Mutual Friends on another user’s profile, and accept Friend requests directly from the Friends list.
New Trophies Sort Option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.
PlayStation Store Payment Support: Similar to PS3, we’re introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.
More PlayStation Camera Commands: More voice commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.
New PlayStation Plus Icon: For Plus members, you’ll now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system’s sleek user interface.
Music Unlimited SHARE Options: With a Music Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4.

Quote:
PlayStation Vita v3.15 Update

PS4 Link Update for Remote Play: Linking your PS4 and PS Vita together will now be easier with the 3.15 update for PS Vita. It’ll enable Automatic Device Registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they’re both online and the same user is signed in to both devices. This makes it even quicker for you to get started on Remote Play or access other second screen features.

Code:
PlayStation App v1.70 Update

Push Notifications, Friend Requests and More: This new PlayStation app update will give you the option to receive Push Notifications for select PS4 updates you want to receive, such as gameplay Invitations, Game Alerts or Friend Requests. You can also receive Friend Requests via email or text messages with the app update. Also, it’s now easier to change your profile picture right from your mobile device by uploading an image from your photo library, or taking a photo using your in-device camera.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 
Sleepyhead

Does it allow me to play files off a USB stick yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:

Nope. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 13:19 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Nope. :(

Eff Eff Ess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 18:56 
Bad Girl

Weird PS4 news (which I'm not sure is US only) that a new Micharl Jackson song will be released everyday until the release of his new album on 13 May exclusively on PSN for PS4.

Have a listen.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=singles&id=27300

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 19:33 
Bad Girl

Didn't like that track? This is much better.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=singles&id=27271

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 21:30 
SavyGamer

Isn't he dead?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:07 
Numbskull

I see Zaphod mentioned this in the bargains thread, but I just wanted to recommend Steamworld Dig on PS4, great little mixture of Spelunky and Boulder Dash, and it's cheap (I paid just over 4 Euros with PS Plus). Already played over three hours of it this morning.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 0:42 
SavyGamer

I have just ordered a PS4.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 20:33 
chewbacca -future arc welder

LewieP wrote:
I have just ordered a PS4.

hooray! Now you can beat me at stuff!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 19:39 
Bad Girl

Arguably the best game on PS4 that isn't BF4 or Resogun, Outlast, has got DLC. Seven fiddy digital pounds.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 19:52 
SavyGamer

I just bought Strider whilst it is on sale, I'll be getting infamous, and it came with COD Ghosts and Need For Speed.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 14:46 
Excellent Member

The line "looks set to beat profits achieved by the internationally legendary PS2" in this article is a bit too vague to think about, but the fact that the PS4 is already turning a profit is a hell of a result for Sony given the length of time it took the PS3 to recoup it's cost. The exact quote of "already contributing profit on a hardware unit basis" is weirdly worded mind you so I don't know if there's some shenanigans going on or if that's just how these things are called out at a corporate level.

I wonder how close MS are to making a profit on the Xbone?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 14:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

I expect that means that the PS4 itself costs less to make than they sell it for.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 20:43 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Given AEs assertion (and I'm not questioning that) that the new consoles are made of two year old generic off the shelf parts, would seem plausible that os development costs aside the profit point for each is a low hurdle.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 20:57 
Decapodian

It's certainly made up of fairly standard parts, but I still think you'd struggle to build an equivalent PC for £300 or so.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 22:31 
Paws for thought

So, a few days ago, being rather upset, I also got rather uninntentionally drunk.
I didn't think overly much of this until I get home yesterday and find a parcel waiting for me., containing a ps4. Turns out I buy things while drunk and forget about it.

It also turns of that while drunk and buying a games machine, I buy no games to go with it...

Silly drunk me. At least I had a couple though ps+. And more today.

--

But yeah. First impressions: Bugger me, the pads really nice. Not at all hand breaking like the dualshock 3, and nicer (at least from what I've used of it) than the 360 one). Touch pad is a bit rubbish though

Of the games I've played so far, I'd believe you if you told me they were ps3 games (but with a nicer pad)
Those games in full:
Resogun - So far leaving me a little cold. But only played it yesterday when I was _really_ tired
Stick it to the man. Kinda reminds of a little of psychonauts for some reason But nowhere near as funny.
Child of light - Now this I like. Rather pretty too.
Transistor - Probably the reason I bought it. Maybe. So far it's confused me a bit. Certainly not as easy to pick up as Bastion, although I remember it took a little while for that to click too.

I also have Thi4f, and two FTP games which I have yet to play.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:15 

Resogun is fantastic. Definitely give that one another go when you're in the mood. Essentially it's to Defender what Super Stardust on the PS3 was to Asteroids.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:49 
Participant in dramatic games

so, shoud i buy one?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:06 
Unpossible!

romanista wrote:
so, shoud i buy one?

Dunno. Are you drunk?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:27 
8-Bit Champion

romanista wrote:
so, shoud i buy one?

I think the answer is 'if you want to'

Right now there is no single 'you must buy a PS4 to play this game' , however there will be titles like that in the future (and I expect to see a number of them at E3 in a few weeks time).

There *is* a large number of 'good' games which are available on the PS4 but a lot of them are also available on the PC so if you have a capable PC then that might be a better option just now

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:52 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:
There *is* a large number of 'good' games which are available on the PS4 but a lot of them are also available on the PC so if you have a capable PC then that might be a better option just now

Also: pretty much every other platform under the sun. The number of good games that are genuinely only available on the PS4/PC is still very small surely?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 
Paws for thought

So far my impressions are: Nice system. Shame it crashes so much, hope they fix it soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 
Bad Girl

Mine hasn't crashed once. *shrug*

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:16 

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. Mine hasn't crashed once either since I got in in November except for when I was playing Battlefield 4 but in that case I'm pretty sure it was the fault of the game since so many other people were reporting the same thing. Think you have a broken one.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 
Paws for thought

markg wrote:
Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. Mine hasn't crashed once either since I got in in November except for when I was playing Battlefield 4 but in that case I'm pretty sure it was the fault of the game since so many other people were reporting the same thing. Think you have a broken one.

Nah, it appears that certain games expose problems in the firmware that others don't. Something to do with the save function. (Which also means that if you do hit the problem, there's a fair chance of your save being corrupted, something I have so far avoided, thankfully)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:44 
ugvm'er at heart...

Yeah, mine constantly bitches at me about being unable to upload save games to the cloud.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 
Bad Girl

Mine doesn't do that either. :shrug:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:58 
Paws for thought

Trooper wrote:
Yeah, mine constantly bitches at me about being unable to upload save games to the cloud.

Apparently you need to delete the conflicting saves from the cloud and that should fix it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Dave wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Apparently you need to delete the conflicting saves from the cloud and that should fix it.

Tried that, but it is still going on about it. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:29 

Saturnalian wrote:
Mine doesn't do that either. :shrug:

Nor mine. Clearly user error.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 
Bad Girl

Computers are like cars though: the more technology you cram in the greater the chance that they're more prone to fiddly errors.

And the size of your PC box is commensurate with the size of your penis length.

Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 52  Next