Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 10 : Ghosts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 20:10 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I'm probably the only person on here considering map packs or season passes for this but in case i'm not theres a post on what actually works if your moving between different platforms

http://www.oneofswords.com/community/1o ... uqjD_a5aIR

Quote:
How your Call of Duty Ghosts DLC upgrade works (or doesn't)
Posted by OneofSwords in One of Swords on Jan 29, 2014 2:56:00 PM

Call of Duty has posted a new blog entry that covers not only some of the highlights of the latest patch notes, but also digs into some detail regarding how DLC and Season Pass content works this year. This information was already announced last year, but now that we're at the point of purchase for a lot of people, it's important to restate, and I'm glad they did. Quoting directly:

If you are a Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder, then your Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However, if you are not a Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder and purchase the Onslaught DLC Pack individually, it will not carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Currently, Microsoft only supports DLC transfer between Xbox 360 and Xbox One if you are a Season Pass holder. The Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4 whether you purchase it individually or get it as part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.

So, just to be super clear, because I do not want people regretting their choices:

Season Pass on Xbox 360 WILL carry forward to Xbox One, if you get it on your Xbox 360 before the end of May.
Season Pass on PS3 WILL carry forward to PS4, if you get it on your PS3 before the end of May.
Season Pass on Xbox One WILL NOT carry back to Xbox 360. The offer is only valid for people moving from the previous system to the latest system.
Season Pass on PS4 MIGHT? carry back to PS3. UPDATE: I am being told by fans that Sony offering one Season Pass on both PS3 and PS4. I have no reason to doubt them, but I was not expecting this offer. Nice deal -- we'll find out for sure when the content actually goes live.
Individually purchased DLC packs WILL NOT transfer between systems. If you buy Onslaught on Xbox 360 "a la carte," you do not also own it on Xbox One, or vice versa. (Again, we'll see what happens at the Sony DLC release to see if their rules are different.)
Season Pass WILL NOT upgrade across/between platforms by different manufacturers (i.e. Xbox 360 to PS4).

I want your Ghosts DLC experience to be happy and regret-free, so that's why I added bold type and festive colors. Now that you have the knowledge, please spread it around and prevent your friends from making expensive mistakes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 17:07 
8-Bit Champion

Latest patch has broken things badly for the Xbox One

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... osts-patch

Quote:
Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One patch hits performance
Frame-rates lower than launch version.

Last week Infinity Ward released an update for Call of Duty: Ghosts, designed to prepare the game for the recently released Onslaught DLC in addition to implementing various bug fixes, new features and balance tweaks to the title's multiplayer mode. The goal was to create a more stable and fairer online experience that is better suited for tournament play, but shortly after the patch went live players started noticing significant performance issues with the Xbox One version of the game, to the point where even "sub-20" frame-rates were reported.

Recent feedback indicates the new frame-rate issues appear most prominently on the Stonehaven level, with explosions and alpha-based effects appearing to cause these fluctuations. The reports are somewhat worrying, given that the Xbox One version of Ghosts previously had no notable frame-rate problems outside of the campaign mode, with online multiplayer featuring action mostly locked at 60fps with very few dips in performance. While resolution may be unimpressive at 720p, Ghosts on Xbox One mostly delivered the 60fps gameplay that defines the series.

Bearing in mind that reports on game patches tend to be based purely on perception, we decided to run some fresh multiplayer captures through our analysis tools in order to get to the bottom of the issue. We loaded up the standard Team Deathmatch mode and recaptured gameplay on some of the key maps allegedly affected by the update, while also introducing Stormfront into the mix - a stage that features regular alpha effects in the form of frequent rain.

Alpha effects, iron sights and sniper scope effects now seem to incur a significant performance penalty on Call of Duty: Ghosts - something that didn't seem to be an issue when we previously tested the game.

Additional analysis:
Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One launch multiplayer frame-rate tests

"The Stonehaven map is clearly the worst affected, but in all maps we see evidence of decreased frame-rates compared to the launch code."

Kicking off with a look at Stonehaven, it's immediately obvious that things are not quite right. While the game does indeed hit 60fps in this stage, frame-rates are dramatically impacted when the whole level is in view, with metrics varying between 46-60fps as we run across the landscape. As frame-rates fall below the desired 60fps target, we also see the appearance of some screen-tear, adding some judder, making drops in smoothness more noticeable.

Meanwhile, aiming down the barrel of a sniper scope can see significant drops down as far as the mid-30s - something we never encountered before in ether next-gen version of Ghosts during multiplayer. As a result of the fluctuating frame-rate we can feel a clear reduction in the responsiveness of the controls, while on a visual level the introduction of stutter impacts the smooth flow traditionally associated with Call of Duty multiplayer action.

On the handful of other maps we tried - both on the standard levels and in the Onslaught DLC - the drops in performance are far less severe, with momentary dips occurring during more hectic moments of play or when explosions and alpha effects are rendered on screen. Controller response is much more solid, and we don't get the feeling that gameplay has been compromised to anywhere near the same extent as we saw on Stonehaven - the experience remains mostly smooth, even though there's a distinct feeling that things aren't quite as stable as they were before the latest patch was installed.

We see similar performance issues in the Onslaught DLC, analysed here - although the impact doesn't seem quite as pronounced as it is in the Stonehaven stage in the standard levels.

Overall, it's clear that the experience isn't significantly broken across the multiplayer game, even though the update has impacted on the stability of the game to a noticeable degree. With that said, the fact that a patch designed to improve the game can actually significantly degrade performance and negatively affect the gameplay is clearly disappointing, and we would hope that it will be addressed. For the record, we also tested out the PS4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts online and found no change to the performance level we saw at launch - not as smooth as Xbox One, but with a much higher rendering resolution.

Quite why the Xbox One version appears to run less smoothly than it used to remains unclear. We reached out to Activision and Infinity Ward earlier this week in the hopes of shedding more light on what might be causing these issues, but as of this writing, we've received no comment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 

"The Stonehaven map is clearly the worst affected, but in all maps we see evidence of decreased frame-rates compared to the launch code."

Is that because they had trouble coding it in the doric?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 
8-Bit Champion

Scrape money off people to have your guns look different (or to have a different player character) at least its not to buy better guns I guess

27th of Feb for the first DLC drop on PSN and PC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:

Pay real money to have your targetting reticle shaped like a moustache? Jesus shitting Christ.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 
UltraMod

I'm ok with stuff like that in Team Fortress 2 because the game is truly free to play, but you have to pay £40-50 for this, then DLC on top and then this as the really shitty icing. Lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:12 
Sleepyhead

Oh FFS, it's a stupid reticle. It's not as if you're paying for an actual game part. Being able to buy daft accessories for something does not invalidate that thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Oh FFS, it's a stupid reticle. It's not as if you're paying for an actual game part. Being able to buy daft accessories for something does not invalidate that thing.

Thin end of the wedge, though. If these things sell (which they will), it'll just encourage them to take it further. See Dead Space 3 and Forza 5 for some examples already out there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:

Who said anything about anything being 'invalidated'? I'm not sure what point you're actually making here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Who said anything about anything being 'invalidated'? I'm not sure what point you're actually making here.

See Myp's two posts above. You've been able to pay real money for avatar clothes and similar for years and years. This is nothing new or unusual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:31 
Bad Girl

Just because it has been happening for years does not make it A Good Thing. It isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

See Myp's two posts above. You've been able to pay real money for avatar clothes and similar for years and years. This is nothing new or unusual.

You don't think a targetting reticle shaped like a moustache (or a rubber duck or a cat face) is new or unusual?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:38 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

You don't think a targetting reticle shaped like a moustache (or a rubber duck or a cat face) is new or unusual?

Not in terms of addressing Myp's point, no.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

On the scale of bad things, it's a lot less bad than being able to purchase actual in-game advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 
8-Bit Champion

Bamba wrote:

Just FYI - here are a few BLOPS2 personalization pack from last year as examples

Quote:
Coyote

Inspired by the arid terrain of the American Southwest, the Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Coyote Personalization Pack comes loaded with a desert-themed weapon skin, three uniquely-shaped reticles, and an all-new Calling Card.

Quote:
Dragon

Inspired by the armored body of a mythical dragon, the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Dragon Personalization Pack comes loaded with a dragon scale-themed weapon skin, three uniquely-shaped reticles, and an all-new Calling Card.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 13:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cras wrote:
On the scale of bad things, it's a lot less bad than being able to purchase actual in-game advantage.

It's the perfect solution, IMO. No difference to the game at all, but some people will want shiny cool guns and so will throw you a few quid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 20:57 
8-Bit Champion

Next map pack

4 new maps , well no not really 3 new maps and a remake of Dome from MW3 that they have already remade in the game + the next part of extinction

Xbox Live on 3rd April , probably around the 6th of May for PSN and PC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 23:27 
8-Bit Champion

If your on the Xbox (one or 360) they have a free multiplayer weekend

http://community.callofduty.com/communi ... nt=bdycta2

Quote:
Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer Demo Coming To Xbox LIVE This Weekend!

For the first time in franchise history, Activision and Infinity Ward are partnering up with Xbox to bring a Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer demo to Xbox Live this coming weekend!

From Friday, March 7th (10am/PST) to Monday, March 10th (10am/PST), players on Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be able to download the demo and try out Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer at no cost. Included are three Multiplayer maps – Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break; three Multiplayer modes – Search & Rescue, Domination, and Team Deathmatch; as well as the original Extinction game mode – Point of Contact.

For those that don't already own Call of Duty: Ghosts, there's no better opportunity then this weekend to jump in and experience it for yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 13:25 
8-Bit Champion

Latest map pack video - due on Xbox this week & PSN/PC in about a months time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 13:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I want to be a Predator.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 14:02 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
I want to be a Predator.

You probably can with this one but its not confirmed (despite some of these stories saying it is)

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/28/second-ca ... r-4681407/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/30/556531 ... edator-dlc

http://www.totalxbox.com/74199/trailer- ... M-News-RSS

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/28/p ... uty-ghosts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 
8-Bit Champion

Latest Extinction trailer - live on Xbox 360 / One - around 4 weeks till it will go live on PSN and PC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 13:02 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
I want to be a Predator.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 
8-Bit Champion

8th of May for the next map pack on PSN and PC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 
UltraMod

Whenever I see the front cover of Ghosts I'm reminded of this advert for a Robert Lindsay comedy:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

British Nervoso wrote:
Whenever I see the front cover of Ghosts I'm reminded of this advert for a Robert Lindsay Programme

Fixed to accomodate that in a world where My Family exists, there can be no such thing as a Robert Lindsay 'Comedy'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:58 
UltraMod

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:
Whenever I see the front cover of Ghosts I'm reminded of this advert for a Robert Lindsay Programme

Fixed to accomodate that in a world where My Family exists, there can be no such thing as a Robert Lindsay 'Comedy'

Well, quite. I almost put 'comedy' and probably should have.

Call of Duty: Robert Lindsay edition would be good though. If you're allowed to shoot him in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

British Nervoso wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:

Call of Duty: Robert Lindsay edition would be good though. If you're allowed to shoot him in the face.

Call of Duty: Robert Lindsay would contain multiple gratuitous torture scenes to provoke outcry and guaranteed press coverage. But there's be no outcry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 
UltraMod

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
British Nervoso wrote:

Call of Duty: Robert Lindsay would contain multiple gratuitous torture scenes to provoke outcry and guaranteed press coverage. But there's be no outcry.

I've missed you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 
8-Bit Champion

British Nervoso wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

I've missed you.

Hold down the right thumbstick and you'll hold your breath - makes it easier to aim

:-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 23:49 
Bad Girl

Has Zaphod mentioned this?

I win the Cod: Ghosts thread.

Also, I couldn't give a flying fuck what Snoop does anymore.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 21:44 
8-Bit Champion

New map pack details - repeat map this time is Favela from MW2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 14:35 
8-Bit Champion

And final map pack

Repeat this time is Shipment from COD4

Quote:
Get the first look at Nemesis, the fourth and final DLC Pack for Call of Duty®: Ghosts. Nemesis includes four Multiplayer maps: Goldrush, Subzero, Dynasty, and Showtime, a reimagined version of the fan-favorite Shipment from Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®.

The four-part Extinction saga concludes with Episode 4: Exodus. Explore the biggest Extinction level yet and take on nearly every Cryptid species from previous episodes. You will also contend with the Ancestors - a powerful new enemy with mind control and psionic attacks.

Nemesis arrives first on Xbox LIVE on August 5th, with other platforms to follow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 16:18 
Sleepyhead

WTF SHIPMENT?

IN!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 
Bad Girl

I might have to get this soon so I can moan about how shit the campaign is. Is it sub-£20 yet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 17:10 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Seriously, don't bother.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 17:52 
Sleepyhead

Bobbyaro wrote:
Seriously, don't bother.

But Shipment!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 18:04 

he said campaign! And also, I have gone back to playing blops 2 for MP, it is better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 18:21 
Sleepyhead

Bobbyaro wrote:
he said campaign! And also, I have gone back to playing blops 2 for MP, it is better.

Shipment!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 0:31 

I don't like the MP in Ghosts. The maps are obviously made for the newer consoles (more people in each game), so it just seems far too big for the amount of players you get on the X360/PS3.

I agree with Bobby, Blops2 MP is much better. (Along that thought, pretty much all of the others are better)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:05 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
I might have to get this soon so I can moan about how shit the campaign is. Is it sub-£20 yet?

Yes its sub 20 , and since you have a new console you could pick up the PS4 version although as everyone else has said the multiplayer in this one is not as good as previous games

For the 360 / PS3 version its £16 at Base.com / £17.50 at Amazon

For the PS4 version its £27 at shopto - but its been down to £20 in sales and you could have picked up the US digital version a few weeks back for around £20 so may be better just to keep your eye out for offers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:59 
Sleepyhead

I do miss our epic evenings of playing Modern Warfare.

:'(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:02 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:

I do think we need to sort out some other gaming nights - i'm without internet right now (moving house) but that should be back tomorrow and then we can get things organised.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:

£12.14 for the 360 or PS3 versions here : http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-du ... on-1973459

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:25 

who's in? FFS!
http://imgur.com/xfvnzlD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:55 
Bad Girl

50% off! Bargain.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 14:29 
Gogmagog

So far (mission 3? Stealth infiltrate using the sog) the shooty bits are good fun, the dog is stupid, as is the plot. Needs more shooty and less dog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 14:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:
Needs more shooty and less dog

I believe the search term you require is "bukkake".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 18:06 
Gogmagog

Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Just watched the Extinction trailer.

May have to get a PS4. It looks awesome!

I'm not sure I could swing that.

Get a phone cover with a picture of your wife on it, tell people you miss her when she is away. This is part of THE PLAN

Amazing scenes

BOOM!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 21:47 
Ready for action

Curiosity wrote:

Just caught up on this thread, so :this: and SHIPMENT! Even just hearing that word makes me smile :) good times.

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next