Curiosity wrote:
Hacked? How so?

10th prestige lobbys / unkillable players / aimbots etc

That didn't take long!

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 10 : Ghosts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
(I havent seen any but I have seen a large number of people who want to spend the whole game sitting in a corner waiting for someone to come into their line of view)

And this differs from usual how?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Curiosity wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Hacked? How so?

10th prestige lobbys / unkillable players / aimbots etc

That didn't take long!

The rumors are that the code is that similar that they just took their previous stuff for other games and re-used it :-)

The Call of duty handle on Twitter sent out a congratulations tweet for the first person to 'officially' make it to 10th Prestige last night however it was then flooded with people who were pointing out all other users who are on 10th Prestige but have only played a few hours

(The person who made it legitimately had about 5 days worth of 'play' on their account the others were in the few hours range

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:14 
Ready for action

8) surely even five days is too early for tenth prestige?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 17:39 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
8) surely even five days is too early for tenth prestige?

4 days 13 hours so 109 hours or so

Roughly 10 hours per prestige (remember that will have included a chunk at double XP over the weekend)

In contrast I've done about 9 hours so far and I'm level 28 prestige 0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 
8-Bit Champion

In two games of extinction last night I managed to get to the final hive , and then get past that - arm the nuke but died on the way back :-(

I have also now Prestiged in Extinction mode (which it does automatically when you have the XP for the next level beyond 30) - it still leaves everything unlocked for you but now allows you to carry 'relics' on the mission

The relics bump up the difficulty of the game but give you more XP - I want to finish it normally first before messing with them and i've read that after each prestige you can use a different relic.

The relic powers are

Do less damage - guns do less damage to enemies
No class options - you cannot be medic / engineer etc
Pistols only - you cannot buy any guns.
Smaller wallet - your cash is capped at 3000 instead of 6000
Take more damage - enemy hits do more damage to you.

The other thing i've picked up from playing this to near the end a few times now is that there are really only 2 'good' classes for the end game if your in a team.

1) Medic - when you max out the medic class your health regenerates much much faster so even though your taking all the damage the later enemies dish out , your back at full health quite quickly. This class also gives 'extended' healing to the rest of the team when they are close to you and at lv3 it stops the scorpion attacks doing any real damage to you (those are often what brings me down when playing other classes - a few scorpions and you end up standing in an acid pool and going down really quickly)

2) Tank - when you max out the tank class you have around 4 times the health that you had before , so you can just take all the punishment the aliens dish out

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 21:30 
8-Bit Champion

Search & Destroy returns but standard playlist only ?

http://community.callofduty.com/communi ... oaEHo0XTUd

Quote:
You've spoken and we've listened: Search & Destroy is back as a public game mode! Head over to the Standard playlist to find it along with the new game mode, Search & Rescue.

As a refresher on the rules of Search & Destroy, teams alternate attacking and defending two potential bomb sites. When a player is killed, they are eliminated for that round. Teams win when a bomb is detonated, defused, or if each player on the opposing team is eliminated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 22:50 
8-Bit Champion

Completed Extinction tonight with a group of randoms :

Cut off the names but i'm the top one in the list

Most kills / Most assists / Most revives / most repairs , and not the most downs :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Did the side at the bottom just hide at the back?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
Did the side at the bottom just hide at the back?

The guy 3rd in the list was a low level - as you progress through the mission having powered up guns and equipment becomes more important and until you hit about level 20 you have not really unlocked the best things to use - although it didnt stop him completing the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I meant "guy". That's an interesting auto-correct.

We all know that's you at the bottom, anyway ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 21:18 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

hardcore domination! At last!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 21:20 
Rude Belittler

Bobbyaro wrote:

Whatever floats your boat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 23:04 
Sleepyhead

Bobbyaro wrote:

*resubs to gold*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:

At last !

Pity they have not added more modes but at least they didnt remove one to squeeze HCD into the mix so now you can play about 15 different game modes in 'normal' and 4 in HC - TDM / KC / S&R / HCD

I'm easily getting double the points i was getting from playing any other mode and then you get matches like this

Attachment:
HCD.jpg

*eighteen captures* :-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 15:24 
8-Bit Champion

PC version is hacked and reading in various forums that nothing is being done to stop them - totally unplayable

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 19:51 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
PC version is hacked and reading in various forums that nothing is being done to stop them - totally unplayable

COD has been hacked to fuck on PC for years, you absolutely need to play on private servers or well administered servers.

Either that or just play a proper shooter like Battlefield :hat:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 20:55 
8-Bit Champion

AtrocityExhibition wrote:
COD has been hacked to fuck on PC for years, you absolutely need to play on private servers or well administered servers.

Either that or just play a proper shooter like Battlefield :hat:

COD doesnt have private servers ? (or at least not available in game) - it was one of the reasons for the boycot of I think MW3 and that post by all the people who were going to boycot it along with the later post of about 90% of them playing it :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 22:06 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
COD doesnt have private servers ? (or at least not available in game) - it was one of the reasons for the boycot of I think MW3 and that post by all the people who were going to boycot it along with the later post of about 90% of them playing it :-)

Couldn't you host your own games and make them friends only or something? Not 'private servers' in the Battlefield sense of the phrase but certainly it was possible to keep undesirables out as best as I can recall?

I honestly can't remember which COD it was we even played (MW2?), we got some mileage out of it but ultimately it only ever proved to be a bit of a distraction from Battlefield, probably going back four years or so at a guess.

Ever since Battlefield put proper destructible scenery into the mix, any other FPS game has seemed a bit daft by comparison, hiding in indestructible fucking sheds and suchlike :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 23:13 
8-Bit Champion

Couldn't you host your own games and make them friends only or something? Not 'private servers' in the Battlefield sense of the phrase but certainly it was possible to keep undesirables out as best as I can recall?

You can do private games like that but no XP and I dont think there are many PC COD players on here

Ever since Battlefield put proper destructible scenery into the mix, any other FPS game has seemed a bit daft by comparison, hiding in indestructible fucking sheds and suchlike :D

In COD you can hide behind indestructible cardboard boxes but if the other player has armour piercing rounds then it will happily go through solid walls as if they were not there :-)

Anyway - If your playing Ghosts on the PC its broken try something else and bitch at Activision to clean out the cheaters.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 23:14 
INFINITE POWAH

AP bullets are one thing, but lack of destructible scenery is ridiculous in modern FPSs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 23:17 
Bad Girl

Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while but whilst some scenery could be destroyed in BF3 you can't shoot through any material whatsoever ala CoD.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:31 
8-Bit Champion

Double XP on Extinction mode over the weekend and there should be an announcement later tonight about the first DLC pack maps and upgrades for Extinction

(I'm up to level 23 on Ps4 and prestige 3 on the 360 for extinction if anyone wants to play over the weekend)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 13:40 
8-Bit Champion

Season pass 'trailer' 4 packs - with maps some new weapons (cause they wont be overpowered at all) , some camo and 4 new missions for Extinction

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 18:11 
8-Bit Champion

New enemy for the next Extinction map

Quote:
Afraid of spiders? RT if you're ready for a new enemy in
#Extinction Nightfall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 19:30 
Decapodian

I wish I could just buy the extinction maps. I really dislike the load out selection on the normal multiplayer and I've barely played it compared to the previous games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 22:18 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I wish I could just buy the extinction maps. I really dislike the load out selection on the normal multiplayer and I've barely played it compared to the previous games.

That was pretty much me with the last Black Ops - i'd give them money just for Zombies maps (and i'd give them £10 now for just a new Zombies map) - Multiplayer in this one is more of a challenge - although I do quite like the Squads 'hoard mode' stuff and I really like Extinction.

New trailer

Michael Myers thing looks interesting :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 22:19 
UltraMod

zaphod79 wrote:
'hoard mode'

Sounds like Vision's kind of game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 15:14 
8-Bit Champion

So last night I had a look through the various leaderboard options for Extinction and in general i'm about the 7000 - 9000 mark for all PS4 players - apart from when I get down to 'revives'

I play the medic role so the main thing I do in the game is if anyone goes down I can get to them quicker than any other class and I can revive them quicker / I'm "protected" while i'm reviving so I take less damage from the aliens whacking into me while I'm reviving others and in the run for the chopper at the end I can basically get the whole team back up if they go down (and I've done that before to escape).

Attachment:
photo.JPG

Thats 46th 'in the world' on the PS4 and I'm the only person in the top hundred who's not on the last prestige level - and I've also played the lowest number of games on that page (in some cases by nearly 300 games!)

:ninja:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 0:58 
8-Bit Champion

Quote:
At a remote facility in the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the "Alien" threat. When the scientists lose control, a small team of elite soldiers must retrieve the intel, exterminate hordes of hostile creatures, and survive a three-story tall terror unlike anything they've faced before. Get ready for Episode 1: Nightfall, the first installment in Extinction's four-part episodic narrative!

Episode 1: Nightfall is included with Onslaught, the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Onslaught comes to Xbox LIVE on January 28th, with other platforms to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 20:10 
8-Bit Champion

I'm probably the only person on here considering map packs or season passes for this but in case i'm not theres a post on what actually works if your moving between different platforms

http://www.oneofswords.com/community/1o ... uqjD_a5aIR

Quote:
How your Call of Duty Ghosts DLC upgrade works (or doesn't)
Posted by OneofSwords in One of Swords on Jan 29, 2014 2:56:00 PM

Call of Duty has posted a new blog entry that covers not only some of the highlights of the latest patch notes, but also digs into some detail regarding how DLC and Season Pass content works this year. This information was already announced last year, but now that we're at the point of purchase for a lot of people, it's important to restate, and I'm glad they did. Quoting directly:

If you are a Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder, then your Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However, if you are not a Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder and purchase the Onslaught DLC Pack individually, it will not carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Currently, Microsoft only supports DLC transfer between Xbox 360 and Xbox One if you are a Season Pass holder. The Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4 whether you purchase it individually or get it as part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.

So, just to be super clear, because I do not want people regretting their choices:

Season Pass on Xbox 360 WILL carry forward to Xbox One, if you get it on your Xbox 360 before the end of May.
Season Pass on PS3 WILL carry forward to PS4, if you get it on your PS3 before the end of May.
Season Pass on Xbox One WILL NOT carry back to Xbox 360. The offer is only valid for people moving from the previous system to the latest system.
Season Pass on PS4 MIGHT? carry back to PS3. UPDATE: I am being told by fans that Sony offering one Season Pass on both PS3 and PS4. I have no reason to doubt them, but I was not expecting this offer. Nice deal -- we'll find out for sure when the content actually goes live.
Individually purchased DLC packs WILL NOT transfer between systems. If you buy Onslaught on Xbox 360 "a la carte," you do not also own it on Xbox One, or vice versa. (Again, we'll see what happens at the Sony DLC release to see if their rules are different.)
Season Pass WILL NOT upgrade across/between platforms by different manufacturers (i.e. Xbox 360 to PS4).

I want your Ghosts DLC experience to be happy and regret-free, so that's why I added bold type and festive colors. Now that you have the knowledge, please spread it around and prevent your friends from making expensive mistakes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 17:07 
8-Bit Champion

Latest patch has broken things badly for the Xbox One

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... osts-patch

Quote:
Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One patch hits performance
Frame-rates lower than launch version.

Last week Infinity Ward released an update for Call of Duty: Ghosts, designed to prepare the game for the recently released Onslaught DLC in addition to implementing various bug fixes, new features and balance tweaks to the title's multiplayer mode. The goal was to create a more stable and fairer online experience that is better suited for tournament play, but shortly after the patch went live players started noticing significant performance issues with the Xbox One version of the game, to the point where even "sub-20" frame-rates were reported.

Recent feedback indicates the new frame-rate issues appear most prominently on the Stonehaven level, with explosions and alpha-based effects appearing to cause these fluctuations. The reports are somewhat worrying, given that the Xbox One version of Ghosts previously had no notable frame-rate problems outside of the campaign mode, with online multiplayer featuring action mostly locked at 60fps with very few dips in performance. While resolution may be unimpressive at 720p, Ghosts on Xbox One mostly delivered the 60fps gameplay that defines the series.

Bearing in mind that reports on game patches tend to be based purely on perception, we decided to run some fresh multiplayer captures through our analysis tools in order to get to the bottom of the issue. We loaded up the standard Team Deathmatch mode and recaptured gameplay on some of the key maps allegedly affected by the update, while also introducing Stormfront into the mix - a stage that features regular alpha effects in the form of frequent rain.

Alpha effects, iron sights and sniper scope effects now seem to incur a significant performance penalty on Call of Duty: Ghosts - something that didn't seem to be an issue when we previously tested the game.

Additional analysis:
Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One launch multiplayer frame-rate tests

"The Stonehaven map is clearly the worst affected, but in all maps we see evidence of decreased frame-rates compared to the launch code."

Kicking off with a look at Stonehaven, it's immediately obvious that things are not quite right. While the game does indeed hit 60fps in this stage, frame-rates are dramatically impacted when the whole level is in view, with metrics varying between 46-60fps as we run across the landscape. As frame-rates fall below the desired 60fps target, we also see the appearance of some screen-tear, adding some judder, making drops in smoothness more noticeable.

Meanwhile, aiming down the barrel of a sniper scope can see significant drops down as far as the mid-30s - something we never encountered before in ether next-gen version of Ghosts during multiplayer. As a result of the fluctuating frame-rate we can feel a clear reduction in the responsiveness of the controls, while on a visual level the introduction of stutter impacts the smooth flow traditionally associated with Call of Duty multiplayer action.

On the handful of other maps we tried - both on the standard levels and in the Onslaught DLC - the drops in performance are far less severe, with momentary dips occurring during more hectic moments of play or when explosions and alpha effects are rendered on screen. Controller response is much more solid, and we don't get the feeling that gameplay has been compromised to anywhere near the same extent as we saw on Stonehaven - the experience remains mostly smooth, even though there's a distinct feeling that things aren't quite as stable as they were before the latest patch was installed.

We see similar performance issues in the Onslaught DLC, analysed here - although the impact doesn't seem quite as pronounced as it is in the Stonehaven stage in the standard levels.

Overall, it's clear that the experience isn't significantly broken across the multiplayer game, even though the update has impacted on the stability of the game to a noticeable degree. With that said, the fact that a patch designed to improve the game can actually significantly degrade performance and negatively affect the gameplay is clearly disappointing, and we would hope that it will be addressed. For the record, we also tested out the PS4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts online and found no change to the performance level we saw at launch - not as smooth as Xbox One, but with a much higher rendering resolution.

Quite why the Xbox One version appears to run less smoothly than it used to remains unclear. We reached out to Activision and Infinity Ward earlier this week in the hopes of shedding more light on what might be causing these issues, but as of this writing, we've received no comment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 

"The Stonehaven map is clearly the worst affected, but in all maps we see evidence of decreased frame-rates compared to the launch code."

Is that because they had trouble coding it in the doric?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 
8-Bit Champion

Scrape money off people to have your guns look different (or to have a different player character) at least its not to buy better guns I guess

27th of Feb for the first DLC drop on PSN and PC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:

Pay real money to have your targetting reticle shaped like a moustache? Jesus shitting Christ.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 
UltraMod

I'm ok with stuff like that in Team Fortress 2 because the game is truly free to play, but you have to pay £40-50 for this, then DLC on top and then this as the really shitty icing. Lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:12 
Sleepyhead

Oh FFS, it's a stupid reticle. It's not as if you're paying for an actual game part. Being able to buy daft accessories for something does not invalidate that thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Oh FFS, it's a stupid reticle. It's not as if you're paying for an actual game part. Being able to buy daft accessories for something does not invalidate that thing.

Thin end of the wedge, though. If these things sell (which they will), it'll just encourage them to take it further. See Dead Space 3 and Forza 5 for some examples already out there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:

Who said anything about anything being 'invalidated'? I'm not sure what point you're actually making here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Who said anything about anything being 'invalidated'? I'm not sure what point you're actually making here.

See Myp's two posts above. You've been able to pay real money for avatar clothes and similar for years and years. This is nothing new or unusual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:31 
Bad Girl

Just because it has been happening for years does not make it A Good Thing. It isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

See Myp's two posts above. You've been able to pay real money for avatar clothes and similar for years and years. This is nothing new or unusual.

You don't think a targetting reticle shaped like a moustache (or a rubber duck or a cat face) is new or unusual?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:38 
Sleepyhead

Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

You don't think a targetting reticle shaped like a moustache (or a rubber duck or a cat face) is new or unusual?

Not in terms of addressing Myp's point, no.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

On the scale of bad things, it's a lot less bad than being able to purchase actual in-game advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 
8-Bit Champion

Bamba wrote:

Just FYI - here are a few BLOPS2 personalization pack from last year as examples

Quote:
Coyote

Inspired by the arid terrain of the American Southwest, the Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Coyote Personalization Pack comes loaded with a desert-themed weapon skin, three uniquely-shaped reticles, and an all-new Calling Card.

Quote:
Dragon

Inspired by the armored body of a mythical dragon, the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Dragon Personalization Pack comes loaded with a dragon scale-themed weapon skin, three uniquely-shaped reticles, and an all-new Calling Card.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 13:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cras wrote:
On the scale of bad things, it's a lot less bad than being able to purchase actual in-game advantage.

It's the perfect solution, IMO. No difference to the game at all, but some people will want shiny cool guns and so will throw you a few quid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 20:57 
8-Bit Champion

Next map pack

4 new maps , well no not really 3 new maps and a remake of Dome from MW3 that they have already remade in the game + the next part of extinction

Xbox Live on 3rd April , probably around the 6th of May for PSN and PC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 23:27 
8-Bit Champion

If your on the Xbox (one or 360) they have a free multiplayer weekend

http://community.callofduty.com/communi ... nt=bdycta2

Quote:
Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer Demo Coming To Xbox LIVE This Weekend!

For the first time in franchise history, Activision and Infinity Ward are partnering up with Xbox to bring a Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer demo to Xbox Live this coming weekend!

From Friday, March 7th (10am/PST) to Monday, March 10th (10am/PST), players on Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be able to download the demo and try out Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer at no cost. Included are three Multiplayer maps – Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break; three Multiplayer modes – Search & Rescue, Domination, and Team Deathmatch; as well as the original Extinction game mode – Point of Contact.

For those that don't already own Call of Duty: Ghosts, there's no better opportunity then this weekend to jump in and experience it for yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 13:25 
8-Bit Champion

Latest map pack video - due on Xbox this week & PSN/PC in about a months time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 13:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I want to be a Predator.

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next