Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 20:43 
Skillmeister

Currently enfuckening with the THQ bankruptcy bollocks. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/22/south ... the-stick/

Quote:
On January 18, South Park Digital Studios filed a preliminary objection to THQ's proposed sale of South Park: The Stick of Truth. THQ and South Park Studios entered into a Deal Memo, granting THQ use of certain South Park trademarks and copyrights, on June 29, 2011. THQ filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on December 19 and is being auctioned off today, January 22, at 3 p.m. EST.

In an objection filed in Delaware bankruptcy court, South Park Studios claims that the Deal Memo does not allow other parties use of the South Park IP, and even if the game does end up at a different company, THQ owes South Park Studios at least $2.275 million. South Park Studios "also reserves the right to exercise its option to acquire from THQ all elements of the games and related products under the Deal Memo."

THQ filed a reply on January 21, requesting that the court overrule the objection and allow the sale to continue, though it says it is working toward a consensual resolution with South Park Studios. THQ argues that the license is exclusive and therefore transferable as THQ sees fit. As for the $2.275 million, THQ is "evaluating the amount that South Park asserts is owing" and plans to work with South Park Studios to resolve the issue.

All bids in the THQ bankruptcy sale were due by 9 a.m. EST today and the auction begins at 3 p.m. Hearing on the sale takes place tomorrow, January 23, at 9:30 a.m., with the closing on January 24. THQ will only sell assets individually if it receives bids of more than $60 million (plus a $10 million note) that Clearlake Capital Group is offering for the entire company. The auction has attracted the attention of EA, Warner Bros., Double Fine and others.

Double Fine interested. That would be a stimulating match-up.

Post subject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:46 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Now delayed until next year :-(

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/s ... th-delayed

Quote:
South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed. Again. Originally scheduled to arrive in early December, the game has been pushed to March 4, 2014 in North America and March 6, 2014 in Europe.

An RPG written by South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and developed by Obsidian Entertainment, South Park: The Stick of Truth was originally announced in December 2011 and set to be published by THQ. The release window moved, THQ closed, and Ubisoft picked up publishing rights to the title that casts you as the new kid in town.

"We always wanted the game to feel like you're actually in an episode of South Park," a Ubisoft blog attributed to Stone and Parker reads. "Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we're excited to say it's taken way longer than we thought it would."

No delay is easy for fans to accept, but hopefully a 7-minute gameplay demo and an IGN Rewind Theater of that very demo will help...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 
UltraMod

Lost interest a while back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 17:36 
8-Bit Champion

Game is now censored in Europe (including the UK)

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/south-p ... pe-report/

Quote:
South Park: The Stick of Truth reportedly has seven censored scenes in Europe, The Middle East and Africa.

UPDATE: our local Ubisoft rep has been in touch to say that the censorship is purely a marketing decision and that the scenes are also censored in the UK.

ORIGINAL STORY: BT.com reports that the scenes in question have been replaced with on-screen text that describes what’s happening behind the censorship.

The site adds that documentation sent with its review copy confirms that a mini-game involving a doctor performing an abortion on the player and again with the player performing the same procedure on Randy Marsh, as well as five anal probe scenes have been censored.

The accompanying literature adds, “Seven scenes of about 20 seconds each are censored in the EMEA console versions of South Park: The Stick of Truth. The decision to cut this content from the game was made by Ubisoft EMEA.”

AGB has scanned the document in full here.

South Park: The Stick of Truth appeared to remain intact in the UK, where it bears a PEGI 18 rating. We’re waiting to hear from Ubisoft on the matter.

Meanwhile; the Australian edition also has anal probe scenes edited out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 22:29 
UltraMod

Is it region free on the PS3?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:33 
UltraMod

Turns out it's censored on the PS3/360, but appears to be uncut on the PC. Eurogamer have updated their article to reflect this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 
8-Bit Champion

And finished - around 12 hours in total but i missed 3 sidequests that it looks like I can finish off

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Manbear pig (although i did the al gore stuff it looks like the next step was to go and seek him out
I need another 2 pairs of underpants for the underpants gnomes
And I'm missing 2 (i think) special Jimbo monsters

I played as a Wizard and weapon wise i put fire damage on my main weapon and ice on my ranged one but the fire spell you get at the very start was my most used item since it did multiple hits to break through armour and left the enemy on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Was it any good?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:27 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
Was it any good?

Yes I really enjoyed it.

If you liked the cartoon at all I think you'd like this - if you didnt or dont know anything about the cartoon then i dont know if it would keep you interested all the way to the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 16:49 
Hello Hello Hello

I am playing this now on PC, snagged it for eight quid in the Steam Summer Sale.

NOTE - It's still there at £8.15p, and it practically runs on a toaster. Grab it!

As you'd expect with it being written and voiced by Parker and Stone, it's hugely entertaining and very funny. What's arguably surprising though is that it's not a bad damn game either (if you like RPG type stuff). This may however be less surprising when you realise that the developer is Obsidian Entertainment who have done loads of good stuff in the past.

You will need to like the cartoon though.

Only problem for me is it's a mega no-no when Hearthly Jnr is around, which is limiting my play time a bit.

So yeah, £8.15, why would you not give it a go? (Unless you hate South Park, or RPGs, of course.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 17:09 
8-Bit Champion

It also has reasonably good pacing - you don't need to grind (unless you want to) and you will take down the final boss after playing through the game normally.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 18:18 
Esoteric

The abortion scene is about as raw as it gets.

This is a superb game. Absolutely and utterly brilliant from start to finish and I can't wait for the next one.

Just wait until you get to Canada.

Edit. Actually let me just say that this game was easily GOTY for me. It's of a very high quality production wise and if you've ever seen South Park, even if it's only one ep and you enjoyed it you will absolutely love this game.

I found the timing quite difficult to get to grips with but once mastered I 'kicked ass dude'.

I did find a bit of a weak spot though which made it easier.. cartman has a special move where you mash A and he darts. Well I found that because I can mash the button incredibly fast that I could wipe out enemies easily. Up until then Manbearpig was causing me serious grief but with that fire fart I wiped him out in two moves.

I really can't speak highly enough of this game. By the time I was done my stomach and ribs were aching from the laughter. Just bundles of fun.

Get it on PC though as it has the abortion scene.. I'm pretty hard to offend but even I questioned whether they'd gone too far lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 18:31 
Esoteric

Darts = farts. Sodding phone...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:53 
Hello Hello Hello

Still loving this game to bits, not going mad with it, only about 10 hours playtime so far but it's perfect for 30-60 minutes play here and there.

Up on an alien spaceship the other night (much anal probing as you can imagine, apparently this is one of the things that was censored in the console versions). I was following a trail of audiologs (which were brilliantly taking the piss out of the whole presence of audiologs in videogames), which eventually leads to a Nazi Hobo Zombie boss. As I'm fighting him he's chucking quite passionate chunks of rather crackly German at me.

I'm like, is that really?.... Google Google. Ahhh yes, he's actually using samples from Hitler's speeches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:04 
Esoteric

Haha I forgot all about that :D

I'm going to start a new play through later.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 19:32 
Esoteric

MrJingles wrote:
Haha I forgot all about that :D

I'm going to start a new play through later.

Haha when I said later I meant it. Just started a new playthrough today and just escaped the alien ship :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 19:45 
Hello Hello Hello

It's turned up in the Steam Christmas Sale at £5.99 - bargaintastic at that price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 22:18 
Esoteric

It's still as fantastic as it was when I first played it mostly thanks to the tremendous visuals. I know that sounds a bit like an oxymoron given that they are quite basic but due to this they have not aged at all since the first time I played it.

And £5.99? Bargain.

I've totally mastered the Roshambo this time too which makes things much easier :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 13:26 
Excellent Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I ... sin_detail

this is £4.99 on amazon
the code activates on steam, despite it saying Uplay

have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 14:29 
Bad Girl

I've started this. Man it looks like the cartoon, sounds like the cartoon and plays like, um, how I imagine an RPG based on the cartoon should play. The lines of dialogue are great and in abundance. And I ain't even that keen on South Park.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 22:34 
Bad Girl

That fight with the underpants dwarves! Noice.

Also, there's this rap song playing in the U-Store place. Anyone in the South Park know know if that's from the cartoon or something? I can't quite make out the lyrics apart from one or two.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:42 
8-Bit Champion

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -your-skin

Quote:
South Park: The Fractured but Whole's difficulty slider changes the colour of your skin

"Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]