Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 23:59 
Bad Girl

Memories...

Bloody good this init! It's almost got the semblance of a story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

The frog thing? That was refreshingly easy after the he'll that preceeded it.

You're thinking of the Shrine of Amana. I'm on about the hippos before the dragon boss.

But yeah, thank god the frog was easy otherwise I'd have chewed off my fingers. I felt like of cheated by calling in a phantom after I'd "finally" reached the fog gate only to find a load more of the magic shits endlessly blasting away. I let the phantom get stuck in while I threw magic. Mainly because moments earlier my black Halbard had fell apart and there was no way I was going to spawn at the bonfire again without my ace phantom friend taking all the heat off me.

I can't even remember any hippos... Although I pretty much stealthed through that place. Found it quite unnerving mainly due to the lack of being attacked. , hence not really remembering it (My comment at the time - "Current location is giving me the heebie jeebies. I'm sure at some point it's going to become very painful indeed."). Think I only fought with the things in the acid pit and two human things there.

Dragon was easy. Chaos Storm... Check. Surprisingly vulnerable to pyromancy, that dragon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:47 
Bad Girl

No way, you'd have had to fight the two hippo's before the dragon boss. I stealthed around one but the other smashes through the wall in yo' face cake and is (as far as I know) unavoidable.

You need one of the hippo's to help you smash down a wall to get a chest a bit further up the corridor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Dragon was easy. Chaos Storm... Check. Surprisingly vulnerable to pyromancy, that dragon.

All the dragons were surprisingly easy. If you stand next to the feet you can get away with murder. I didn't try the talking one at the end though - presumably he will fuck me up if I try anything but I don't know if I need him for anything else yet.

Also, what were those signs bleating on about at the bottom of the keep. "Get away" etc from a lever? And then there's a guy opposite who starts moaning about me being a dickhead cause I've pulled the lever. Maybe I shouldn't have pulled it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:30 
Paws for thought

Oh... the thing from the tutorial area... I only had one attack, the other just sat with its back to me.

Given that I'd already killed the three in the tutorial area I already knew how to handle them... and then I just baited it into falling over and ran past to the fog door in the hopes it was a boss.

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

All the dragons were surprisingly easy. If you stand next to the feet you can get away with murder. I didn't try the talking one at the end though - presumably he will fuck me up if I try anything but I don't know if I need him for anything else yet.

Also, what were those signs bleating on about at the bottom of the keep. "Get away" etc from a lever? And then there's a guy opposite who starts moaning about me being a dickhead cause I've pulled the lever. Maybe I shouldn't have pulled it...

Yeah, the talking one is a bit of a bugger to beat. One hit kills being the aim of the day. (Think I posted about my battle with him and the way being rated screwed up my red tearstone ring.)

Reward -
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
It's a soul which makes Vendricks defense lower and a boss weapon upgrade item

Lever -
I believe if you talk to him while human, you'll get a different response to hollow - no idea as I never released him

Futhermore
Spilt persinality or something - the him you meet while human locked himself away to stop the him you meet while hollow killing everyone. You'll now be invaded by him in a fair few places.

If you don't, he'll assign you 4 assassination missions which will give you some an awesome ring, some otherwise unobtainable magic (and probably extraordinarily powerful - the pyromancy is a three slot, one use thing. One of these days I'll try it out) And then he becomes a merchant.

Despite being assassinations, you don't actually need to do any killing, just obtain 'proof' that you have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 16:54 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Lever -
I believe if you talk to him while human, you'll get a different response to hollow - no idea as I never released him

Futhermore
Spilt persinality or something - the him you meet while human locked himself away to stop the him you meet while hollow killing everyone. You'll now be invaded by him in a fair few places.

If you don't, he'll assign you 4 assassination missions which will give you some an awesome ring, some otherwise unobtainable magic (and probably extraordinarily powerful - the pyromancy is a three slot, one use thing. One of these days I'll try it out) And then he becomes a merchant.

Despite being assassinations, you don't actually need to do any killing, just obtain 'proof' that you have.

That was him!?! I've been invaded about 3 times by one guy called "Naville" or something. One before the dragon, one in Dragon Aeries and one after the Giant Lord fight. Ah well, I should have paid attention to the signs telling me not to do it. Nevermind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 16:55 
Bad Girl

Also, was the Giant Lord memory Dark Souls first ever attempt at a Set-Piece? I think so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 18:57 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
That was him!?! I've been invaded about 3 times by one guy called "Naville" or something. One before the dragon, one in Dragon Aeries and one after the Giant Lord fight. Ah well, I should have paid attention to the signs telling me not to do it. Nevermind.

Navlaan, yeah, that's him.

When I noticed there was no rating function on those messages, I chose to pay heed.

I have now tried out the 3 slot 1 use pyro. I'm quite disaapointed really. Seems that occupying the three slots with 6 uses of flame swathe is a better deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 21:44 
Bad Girl

3 memories done. I can't find anymore or at least I can't remember seeing anymore giants. Also, I'm a bit puzzled (I've unlocked every area that was on the travel list) what to do now. I'll talk to the dragon again (mind you, there's an unoccupied travel slot but it's not shaded out)...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 23:00 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
3 memories done. I can't find anymore or at least I can't remember seeing anymore giants. Also, I'm a bit puzzled (I've unlocked every area that was on the travel list) what to do now. I'll talk to the dragon again (mind you, there's an unoccupied travel slot but it's not shaded out)...

You'll be wanting to go to
first bonfire of drangleic castle

Look around there.

I hardly noticed the set piece you talked about. My thoughts:
"Timed section? Crap! Run! Oh, Boss. Chaos storm. That was effective. Chaos Storm. Oh, that was easy.
He was the last boss I fought before the final boss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 23:50 
Bad Girl

Cannot. Kill. King. Hnnnnngh.

I've died so many times and the best I've done is take him down to 60% health.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 23:52 
Bad Girl

And you can't summon. Fucks sake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 0:25 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Cannot. Kill. King. Hnnnnngh.

I've died so many times and the best I've done is take him down to 60% health.

Have you currently got
Giant soul from the black gulch
3x giant souls from giant memories
Giant soul from ancient dragon.

Hope you didn't use them

If not, you could be better prepared. Any less than 4 and it'll be a looooong fight. Or you could just skip it for now, the reward isn't exactly great.

although the trick is quite simple
stand behind and to the left of him, he can't hit you there. The only proble is when he repositions himself next to the wall. You need to draw him out so be ready to dodge his attack. Also: Chaos Storm finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:26 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Giantbombs quicklook of the PC version

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-8726/

16 days till release

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:

Have you currently got
Giant soul from the black gulch
3x giant souls from giant memories
Giant soul from ancient dragon.

Hope you didn't use them

If not, you could be better prepared. Any less than 4 and it'll be a looooong fight. Or you could just skip it for now, the reward isn't exactly great.

although the trick is quite simple
stand behind and to the left of him, he can't hit you there. The only proble is when he repositions himself next to the wall. You need to draw him out so be ready to dodge his attack. Also: Chaos Storm finisher.

I've got the 3 from the memories.

I think I've eaten the one from the two guys under the Black Gulch. (also, are those Giants? They look like Giants. So the Last Giant wasn't the Last Giant was he, aye? Aye? AYE?)

I haven't got the giant soul from ancient dragon, but I haven't tried killing him yet.

I'd fathomed out the "trick" quite early on but either I'm not sticking close enough or I shouldn't bother raising my shield whilse I strafe around him cause he occassionally nicks my shield when he does the swiping motions throwing me off. I'd be hitting him with my +10 Black Halbard which does about 100 damage. Then I stuck some of my uber awesome Faith magic on it (Sun Weapon or some such) which applies lightning damage and the damage went down to about 45.

I'm all about the lightning magic and even GIANT LIGHTNING BOLT (which, frankly, is both kick ass and I barely need to get in a scrap with anyone but then again I barely need to get in a scrap with anyone :shrug: ) takes off sod all damage.

In any event, I went back to the throne room but no one was there. Then I went to see the Queen and she's disappeared. Is there any chance I can make it around to her throne room? There looks like a definite entrance to the left but I was looking for ages yesterday and couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:50 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
I've got the 3 from the memories.

I think I've eaten the one from the two
I haven't got the giant soul from ancient dragon, but I haven't tried killing him yet.

I'd fathomed out the "trick" quite early on but either I'm not sticking close enough or I shouldn't bother raising my shield whilse I strafe around him cause he occassionally nicks my shield when he does the swiping motions throwing me off. I'd be hitting him with my +10 Black Halbard which does about 100 damage. Then I stuck some of my uber awesome Faith magic on it (Sun Weapon or some such) which applies lightning damage and the damage went down to about 45.

I'm all about the lightning magic and even GIANT LIGHTNING BOLT (which, frankly, is both kick ass and I barely need to get in a scrap with anyone but then again I barely need to get in a scrap with anyone :shrug: ) takes off sod all damage.

In any event, I went back to the throne room but no one was there. Then I went to see the Queen and she's disappeared. Is there any chance I can make it around to her throne room? There looks like a definite entrance to the left but I was looking for ages yesterday and couldn't find it.

should be able to check the amount - I believe they're the last item in the inventory and are stacked rather than listed separately.
I have the sunbro super lightning spear reward. Only 6 faith though. So no can use. Went for intelligence to improve pyro but still mainly a melee char due to lack of attunement.

Think with all 5 Souls it took about 5 attempts to kill him. Should have been 4 but he got me with about 1 health remaining, me having exhausted myself due to him being so close to death.

As far as I know, there's no way into that throne room

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 
Bad Girl

Does intelligence stat-up your pyro then? I just thought it was just the fire seeds.

I think the great lightning is 47 Faith but I knocked it down to 37 with that dragon covenant guy. I wanted a fat ass magic to play with when I saw co-op players wailing on bosses with crazy blue magic effects, but I thought I'd be different and go for the Faith one for a change.

I'm mainly a tank build (I've got a full compliment of Havel's gear that I'm rocking) but with added fire (+10 Dark Pyro), blue magic (about +25) and faith magic (+37) to play with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:06 
Paws for thought

There's a stat fire bns, which improves pyro, fire weapons and similar. Goes up with int and faith.

The standard pyro flame scales with this stat. The dark glove I don't think does. Instead it scales with how hollow you are.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:17 
Bad Girl

Facking hell, sounds like I'm missing out on my pyro skillz.

I'll get some seeds on the other glove then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 
Paws for thought

Even with 50 int, I'm finding the dark flame better if completely hollowed, although pathetic when human.

You may want to verify the dark flame has no fire scaling, I'm not totally sure that's the case.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:36 
Bad Girl

I can't 'cause I'm avoiding wiki's.

I might just find the big boss so I can start looking at what I've been missing now. I've opened all the area's anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 
Paws for thought

You just go to the dark flame and check the scaling at the bottom of the screen. (select button to get up help)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:45 
Bad Girl

Also, I got invaded by Navlaan again, where the queen was. That's 5 times now.

Ginormo Lightning put him to bed though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:08 
Paws for thought

Is he at all hard?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:12 
Bad Girl

Not so much. He uses mainly Hex's and, in particular, one cunty spell that fires out a whirlwind-like effect that can get you even behind walls.

He only killed me once coming out of a memory, cause I didn't know said spell could get behind walls. Obv.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 21:22 
Bad Girl

I just can't do it for love not money so I fought his better half and won in record time. She hit me once. :shrug:

Game over.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 22:06 
Bad Girl

You want some final stats? Get these in your peep holes.

Time elapsed 57 hours.

Edit: Warning - may require you to spin your face upside down.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 22:52 
Paws for thought

What the frip do you have in left weapon 2?!

It does appear that despite being equal levels when we won, your character does seem to be better thn mine, although I suspect some of the difference might be that I daftly took a shot of the levelling up screen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 23:19 
Bad Girl

That's a +10 Black Witches Staff in the left hand.

I still can't do the king. I am shit.

I'm killing all the NPC's that have served their worth now and trawling the wiki's for anything I missed. I reckon I did reasonably well. I'd even bumped into a new boss where the Smelter demon was.

I'd got the trophy for looking at the map with all the flames burning an' all. The guy even gave me his cloak and leggings. But I wanted the clothes off his back so I slit his throat and nicked his helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 
Paws for thought

My thoughts on the bosses:

The Last Giant - 0 deaths. Very easy to find safe area.
The Pursuer - ~4 deaths. (And many more the next time I saw him, as I wasn't prepared to fight him sans crossbow)
Dragonrider - 1 death
Old Dragonslayer - 1 death. Walked in not expectng a boss. Died shortly after.
Flexile Sentry - 0 deaths
Ruin Sentinels - ~6 deaths. Found a better strat on NG+, can't imagine them causing any issues again.
The Lost Sinner - 0 deaths
Belfry Gargoyles - 0 deaths
Skeleton Lords - 1 death. Didn't expect the rush, Easy if you know it's coming.
Executioner's Chariot - ~3 deaths. Easy once you've got it to stop.
Covetous Demon - 0 deaths
Mytha, the Baneful Queen - 2 deaths
Smelter Demon - 3 deaths.Absolute twat without fire gear. Easy with.
Old Iron King - 2 deaths (Both times by spannering myself into the lava)
Scorpioness Najka - ~5 deaths. Her magic attacks caused huge issues, but the toxic attack while close was pretty much a one hit kill. In all, probably the boss that I found the hardest.
Royal Rat Authority - 0 deaths
Prowling Magus & Congregation - 0 deaths
The Duke's Dear Freja - 0 deaths
Royal Rat Vanguard - 0 deaths
The Rotten - 3 or 4 deaths
Dragonriders - 1 death, 1 retreat. The death was an awesome fight. Got down to one of them and he broke my shield. Through rolling managed to get to a state of each of us not having enough health to sustain a hit. His superior range won it.
Looking Glass Knight - 0 deaths.
Velstadt - ~6 deaths. So many times I'd get close to winning and just fall short. Or have my shield break.
Vendrick - 5 deaths
Darklurker - 1 death. Was surprised and didn't have pyro glove equipped. Next time Chaos flame and victory.
Demon of Song - 0 deaths
Guardian Dragon - 0 deaths Yup, Chaos flame worked wonders here.
Ancient Dragon - ~8 deaths
Giant Lord - 0 deaths. Chos flame killed him easily
Throne Defender & Throne Watcher - 0 deaths (I think. /may be 1)
Nashandra - 2 deaths. Like the Dragonriders, it was a fight influenced by shield breaking. And again I died within 1 or 2 hits of victory.

Overall, the bosses were generally easier than DS1, although it's hard to say how much of that would be due to familiarity (Taurus Demon kicked my arse originally, now he's untroubling), but I'd say there's nothing akin to the capra demon or O&S.

Found out about the coffin yet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Saturnalian wrote:
Edit: Warning - may require you to spin your face upside down.

You know there are buttons to fix that, right?

I have done pressed them for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 13:01 
Bad Girl

My thoughts on the bosses then...

The Last Giant about 5 deaths. Co-oped him in the end.
The Pursuer - 0 deaths as I Co-oped him.
Dragonrider: 0 deaths.
Old Dragonslayer: 3 deaths.
Flexile Sentry about 5 deaths. Co-oped him an' all.
Ruin Sentinels about 10 deaths. Co-oped them.
The Lost Sinner 2 deaths. Co-oped him.
Belfry Gargoyles 0 deaths. Waded in and kicked ass, baby.
Skeleton Lords 1 death.
Executioner's Chariot 0 deaths. Co-oped him.
Covetous Demon couple of deaths. Easy in the end.
Mytha, the Baneful Queen: 0 deaths. I had the good fortune to light the windmill when a message told me to.
Smelter Demon about 7 deaths. Co-oped him. Still lost my buddies.
Old Iron King about 10 deaths. Co-oped him.
Scorpioness Najka 1 death when I walked in and she zapped me. Second time, a few problems but I melee'd her to the death.
Royal Rat Authority about 5 deaths.
Prowling Magus & Congregation: 0 deaths (or was it 1). Walked in, hit the fire button and fire did the rest.
The Duke's Dear Freja 1 death from the death ray.
Royal Rat Vanguard about 15 deaths just trying to burn him in four collumns of fire. Worked in the end.
The Rotten about 5 deaths.
Dragonriders 0 deaths. Co-oped them.
Looking Glass Knight about 3 deaths.
Velstadt 0 deaths. He was very slow and easy to avoid.
Vendrick: I CANNOT KILL HIM. I CANNOT KILL HIM. I CANNOT KILL HIM. About 20 deaths so far, if not more. I've died so many times that my route to his door is unimpeded by any of the knights.
Darklurker: I haven't seen him yet.
Demon of Song 0 deaths.
Guardian Dragon 0 deaths.
Ancient Dragon: Not attempted yet.
Giant Lord 2 deaths. Well, deaths in that area just standing in the wrong place and getting hit by balls of flame. He was easy though.
Throne Defender & Throne Watcher about 5 deaths. Co-oped them too.
Nashandra 0 deaths. Threw Giant lightning in her face and she fell over.

Turns out I'd done a fair few co-op. But, to be honest, the bosses have never ever been my favourite part of the Souls games - to be honest they're my least favourite part of all. The levels, the enemies, the lore, the weapons and the atmosphere all this creates is the main focus for my enjoyment. I like ultra hard levels not ultra hard bosses. I could quite happily spend time getting my ass kicked up and down, say, the Shrine of Amana's level than spend vast quantities of time dying in a boss fight.

Mind you, ut's very strange that some that even the ones I tackled on my own caused you a problem caused me no problem at all and visa versa.

Mr Dave wrote:
Found out about the coffin yet?

Yup! I did not figure that out at all.

Also, it turns out that my character has been a woman since the last time I'd jumped in the thing but I hadn't noticed. Tch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 13:48 
Paws for thought

Yeah, I got the same message in the windmill, but the magic attacks left me of the back foot.

Helped about 10 people in that fight, those who hadn't prepared all died, those that had it was easy. And one time I appeared in the floor.

I always liked the boss fights, but they did feel a little toothless compared to, say, all the dlc bosses. Generally a there was an obvious tactic which worked without having to think about it, albeit with occasional problems such as running out of shield or stamina as happened with veld start.

I noticed the coffin effect (see my confusion on page 9) but it was such a time afterwards that I didn't link the two, I just thought it was a bug.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 14:54 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Yeah, I got the same message in the windmill, but the magic attacks left me of the back foot.

Helped about 10 people in that fight, those who hadn't prepared all died, those that had it was easy. And one time I appeared in the floor.

I helped someone out after I had already killed the boss and I was just stunned at the pool of poison they were fighting in. It was quite the shock to the system. They died...

Mr Dave wrote:
I always liked the boss fights, but they did feel a little toothless compared to, say, all the dlc bosses. Generally a there was an obvious tactic which worked without having to think about it, albeit with occasional problems such as running out of shield or stamina as happened with veld start.

I've enjoyed some of the boss fights over the three games and some of my most memorable battles were against the bosses (then again some of the worse times were against the bosses), but there were too many boss fights in DS2 for my liking and a lack of variation. I'm sure that you could point to any of the bosses in DS2 and point to a boss in DS1 that it was like. The exceptions were some of the best though - Frogman, Undead Chariot for example.

I'm not sure whether the problem was that there was an "obvious tactic" or that they were generally easier than before and the magic/weapons were overpowered. Magic in particular made too many (of the many) bosses a piece of piss.

Mr Dave wrote:
I noticed the coffin effect (see my confusion on page 9) but it was such a time afterwards that I didn't link the two, I just thought it was a bug.

So you did! I only got my character naked once though - when I ran into the orange pit in Shrine of Amana. And I still didn't notice...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 15:09 
Paws for thought

it was only.near tje end of the game when I started using magic chaos storm or Indeed a powerful weapon. (sun sword has excellent STR/DEX scaling and a handy moveset, but nothing like the damage output or poise damage of a great sword) which meant I wasnt at all overpowered.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 15:43 
Bad Girl

I only really felt entirely happy with the combat once I'd got comfortable with my halbard again. I missed that pointy and choppy monster. I think I need to go back to DS1 and see what I think of the boss fights by way of comparison.

Ooh, ooh, by the way (you probably know) but apparently if you start up in off-line mode then if you go to the oblisk at the beginning near the sad knight guy it'll tell you how times you've died. I must remember to have a look later.

I think I accumulated a vast amount of deaths in the Undead Crypt (and not just the king) dealing with that room with the fecking bells that make the ghost constantly reappear. I blame myself though for wanting to know what was in every corner of the game.

There's a cracking bit of theatre where you light a special torch just below the second bonfire. I found it during a clumsy moment running to fight the king where I rolled off the edge onto the platform below. It felt all the better because I had 83,000 souls sitting outside the kings fog gate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:53 
Bad Girl

Possibly fake, possibly real thing.

Quote:
Zetta_SIow posted...
The forest of mist is apparently lead by a invisible dual-washing pole gentleman. And killing him disperses the mist in the woods.

How did I not know this for several play-through's.

Troll or for srs?

For real. Kill every mist soldier in the woods, and go around hitting every tree that 'roars' in that area. He'll spawn, only once though. The mist will poof, and the soldiers will be visible.

Sounds totally fake right? Legit.Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:58 
Bad Girl

Also, I didn't realise that if you hold a torch you can see the ghosts shadows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 17:23 
8-Bit Champion

I have a digital copy pre-ordered so this should not affect me but for anyone who ordered the PC physical edition

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-s ... 0-6419011/

Quote:
Dark Souls 2 on PC gets a one-week delay in the UK, but will it affect the Steam release?

UK digital version of Dark Souls II still on track to launch next week alongside other territories.

The disc-based PC version of Dark Souls II, which was due to launch in the UK on April 25 alongside the rest of the world, has slipped a week to May 2, Bandai Namco/Namco Bandai has confirmed.

The delay will only apply to the physical release of the game in the UK, the publisher has said. The publisher has said that other territories, and the UK digital release, will still be released on April 25. More on that in a bit, though.

It's all down to a manufacturing issue with the packaging, apparently. A manufacturing issue that, presumably, has not affected the rest of the world. Perhaps they ran out of teabags at the factory where they print the cases in the UK and everyone there went on strike, which would be understandable.

"This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game," confirmed a Bandai Namco representative to trade site MCV. "It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologise to UK customers. This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging."

"To confirm this will only affect the UK boxed launch," adds Bandai Namco. But has Bandai Namco/Namco Bandai got it wrong? Chris Cook from retailer GameKeysNow Tweeted that "we've just had it confirmed from source it will affect Steam release too."

Bandai Namco is yet to respond to GameSpot, but we'll update this story when we hear more.

The frustration here is that, as a Steamworks title, many PC gamers will just input the game's serial key into Steam and just download the game anyway. Only now they'll be doing it (or not doing it, perhaps) a week later than those who purchase digitally. But, hey, at least they can get the Black Armour edition and its fancy steelbook case.

Dark Souls II launched on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in March, but the PC version looks like it'll be the best version of the game.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dark_souls_2/news/dark_souls_2_physical_release_delayed_on_pc.html

Quote:
Dark Souls 2 physical release delayed on PC

UPDATE: Bandai Namco has confirmed to MCV that the physical release of Dark Souls 2 has been pushed back to May 2, but the digital version remains on track for April 25.

"This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game," Namco told the site. "It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologise to UK customers. This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging. To confirm this will only affect the UK boxed launch."

Quote:
ORIGINAL REPORT: The PC release of Dark Souls 2 has suffered a one week delay, according to various online retailers.

GameKeysNow.com, which appears to be affiliated with PlayStation Plus informant GamePointsNow, states that it has heard from its "official UK distribution that Dark Souls 2 has been delayed by a week until May 2nd 2014". The site adds that "no reason has been given for the delay as yet".

Amazon UK's pre-order customers have also reportedly been told of the game's delay, receiving emails notifying them of the new May 2 date. The date has also been amended to May 2 by ShopTo.

Bandai Namco has yet to announce a delay for the PC launch, with the game still officially on track for release next Friday, April 25.

The staff behind Bandai Namco's twitter channel don't appear to have been informed of any delay either, tweeting this afternoon that they are "currently looking into [reports of the game's delay] and will let everyone know what's happening".

VideoGamer.com has contacted Bandai Namco for comment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:54 
Paws for thought

NG+ completed.
Certainly keeps you guessing throughout. The moment you aren't cautious, it'll smack you with something that didn't used to be there or a new unexpected behaviour and YOU DIED.
NG++ next. Wonder if that's going to add even more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

How many +s are there?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
How many +s are there?

I know of no limit, hence why I'm doubtful there'll be much new stuff rather than just harder enemies.

The thing being that by the end of NG, and certainly by NG+, levelling rewards are very, very small. So by NG++++++++ you'd better be Damn good as you're going to be massively underpowered in each fight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 
I forgot about this - how vain

Still loving this. But didn't want to play off line while my internet was down. Glad to be back at it.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 
Paws for thought

Where are you up to?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 

Done the following:

Fallen Giants.
Heides Tower
The Lost Bastille (found the belfrey, joined - but don't quite get it yet).
Huntsmans Copse
Undead Purgatory - just killed a bunch on skeletons that were called 'the Skeleton Lord'

Rocking a large club +4. It's wrecking shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Where are you up to?

Staring at the calender on the CDKeys page that says 2 days to go

:(

Attachment:
2Untitled.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:57 
Paws for thought

Dr Lave wrote:
Done the following:

Fallen Giants.
Heides Tower
The Lost Bastille (found the belfrey, joined - but don't quite get it yet).
Huntsmans Copse
Undead Purgatory - just killed a bunch on skeletons that were called 'the Skeleton Lord'

Rocking a large club +4. It's wrecking shit.

Re: covenants

Most covenants give you a ring.

Some covenants only really have an effect if you wear said ring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 

Ah yeah, I've been summoned a few times for that. Very curious with the actual story of whats going on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 14:43 
8-Bit Champion

I have my steam key !!!

can get pre-loading started tonight and will finally die tomorrow :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:48 
Paws for thought

I look forward to hearing about your first death.

Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next