Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA V - stand aside, pretenders
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 13:46 
Decapodian

They both go into the same 42" screen and speakers, so display equipment isn't an issue.
Ta.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 23:54 
Bad Girl

What are the odds. Nicked from Reddit but it made me laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 
Terrible Human Being

PC GAMING IS SUPERIOR https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en ... Characters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I know, right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 
Terrible Human Being

Apart from that weird bug and the other one where it gets upset if you don't have Windows Media Player installed, it's been solid for the amount of time I've played it so far.

Of course the time I've actually spent playing so far is nothing next to the time I've spent playing with the graphics options because everyone knows that's the whole point.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 18:39 
Hello Hello Hello

<<<< PC NERD POST SO FEEL FREE TO IGNORE ACCORDINGLY >>>>

Interesting early reports from Eurogamer regarding the PC version of the game, which seems to have come out of the gates well-optimised and running really well on even modest hardware. (Completely unlike GTAIV.)

Their initial tests suggest that a cheap gaming PC based on an i3 processor and a 650Ti can run the game at PS4 quality levels but churn out nearly 60FPS as opposed to 30FPS.

Quote:
The GTX 750 Ti paired with the i3-3410 is a real success, for example - a combo that forms part of a circa-£300 PC, where 1080p60 at high settings is very doable.

And it all scales very nicely out from there, meaning that even with a midrange PC (any quad core i5 or better, and a graphics card in the £130-£150 range, total system cost in the £500 range), you can lock in at a v-synced 60FPS and start to get the sliders out to well beyond console fidelity settings.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... erformance

So from my perspective, even with my ageing i7 (seven years old this year!) and not exactly cutting-edge GTX670, I should be able to max the game out at 1080P@60FPS, but I suspect my monitor's native res of 1440P might be pushing it a bit.

Not that I've bought the game yet likes, as I'm not really sure when I'd play it, since Hearthly Jnr is around all the time and it's not suitable to have on when she's around (plus we tend to play WoW together a lot), and once she's gone upstairs I usually watch a film or series.

Plus, y'know, Hearthstone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 19:17 
Rude Belittler

Cunt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 21:10 
Hello Hello Hello

Pundabaya wrote:
Cunt.

:kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 23:57 
Hello Hello Hello

I'm not sure if this is cool or a bit scary.

GTAV played using.....

Quote:
The player's head movements are tracked in real time by the Oculus Rift, as the character runs around via directions from the Virtuix Omni treadmill.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:03 
Terrible Human Being

The editor is great fun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:34 
Prince of Fops

MrPSB wrote:
The editor is great fun

that's great. How does it work? Do you just record yourself doing something then jump into a video editor? Or can you build stuff too?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 
Terrible Human Being

Yeah you record yourself doing stuff then edit it. You can also set up things like weather or the character you're controlling using Director Mode (which also gives you options like invincibility and explosive melee), but you have to work out something interesting to do in the world as it stands at the moment, you can't do something like specially set up a load of cars and do a stunt jump or anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 
Bad Girl

MrPSB wrote:
The editor is great fun

That was fucking terrifying.

Up to the hammer to the head you'd have swore it was from a film.

Oh, and the slap was amazing! GTAV is something else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:58 
Terrible Human Being

Saturnalian wrote:

That was fucking terrifying.

Up to the hammer to the head you'd have swore it was from a film.

Oh, and the slap was amazing! GTAV is something else.

You really begin to appreciate the amount of detail that's been put into the game when you start putting things in slow motion and moving the camera around freely.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 18:02 
Hello Hello Hello

Face-off is now up at Eurogamer, and the immediate takeaway from it is that the PS4/XBoner hold up very well against the PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... c-face-off

Watching the video bears out what the article says, in that the only obvious compromises are vehicle and pedestrian density (although not by more than 25%), draw distances (foliage for example), shadows, and anisotropic filtering - other than that they're pretty much a match.

There is of course the fact it's fairly easy to attain a pretty solid 60FPS on a relatively modest PC, but if you're not a 60FPS whore then that may be of little interest. (Eurogamer recommend locking at 30FPS on a PC that can't maintain 60FPS, as the GTA games are not and never have been twitchy FPS style shooters, so a consistent 30FPS could be preferable to an inconsistent 40-60FPS.)

I've managed to resist this game up to now but I'll probably cave soon, it also allows the holy grail of using the pad for driving/flight, and seamlessly switching to K+M for on-foot sections, right down to changing the onscreen tooltips depending on where the inputs are currently coming from.

All that said though, outside of the 60/30FPS differential, the console versions are very close to the maxed out PC version at 1080P - but you do then get the option on PC to scale out all the way to 4K if you've got the kit to run the game at that resolution. (I most certainly don't....)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 19:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I also was impressed by the console's showing in the video. The only things I really noticed were some improved shadow effects on the PC.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 19:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
I also was impressed by the console's showing in the video. The only things I really noticed were some improved shadow effects on the PC.

Open your eyes man! His shirt is a totally different colour!

Blue shirt console losers! Green shirt FTW!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 
Awesome
Yes

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Open your eyes man! His shirt is a totally different colour!

Blue shirt console losers! Green shirt FTW!!!

It was white and gold actually.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 14:18 
La Bamba

Have been playing this @ 4k with SLI Titan Black and it's epic. Have got it at full settings with 2XMSAA (though tbh I'm not even sure I need it at this res) and it chugs along gloriously. lowest I've seen is 38 FPS usually in the mid 40s. Experience has been super smooth given I run Gsync on an Acer 4k2k.

Have never really played a GTA title. I usually just did what I had to do to get to the city then just spent endless hours having free roaming fun. This time though I actually want to play the missions which is a first for me.

Top stuff. The cars also handle a shit ton better than they have in any of the others either. I think this could topple GTA San An as my fave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 16:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Wouldn't you rather twiddle with the settings a bit to target 60FPS? Losing MSAA would be a no-brainer at 4K for starters IMO (although not sure what the overhead is for it at 2x with SLI-ed Blacks :D, might be nothing!). I know Gsync will help a lot for the smoothness but with that power on-tap I'd be looking for 60FPS for sure.

I've come very close to hitting the BUY button on Steam a few times now, the £39.99 doesn't faze me but it's just when I'd get to play it, what with my Hearthstone obsession, the fact I couldn't play it when Hearthly Jnr is around (which is most of the time), and I'm getting back into MK8 on the Wii-U too.

I'll deffo get around to it some point, and I'm interested to see how my current PC (which is properly cracking on a bit now) will run it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:07 
La Bamba

Hearthly wrote:
Wouldn't you rather twiddle with the settings a bit to target 60FPS? Losing MSAA would be a no-brainer at 4K for starters IMO (although not sure what the overhead is for it at 2x with SLI-ed Blacks :D, might be nothing!). I know Gsync will help a lot for the smoothness but with that power on-tap I'd be looking for 60FPS for sure.

I've come very close to hitting the BUY button on Steam a few times now, the £39.99 doesn't faze me but it's just when I'd get to play it, what with my Hearthstone obsession, the fact I couldn't play it when Hearthly Jnr is around (which is most of the time), and I'm getting back into MK8 on the Wii-U too.

I'll deffo get around to it some point, and I'm interested to see how my current PC (which is properly cracking on a bit now) will run it.

At first I was getting close to a solid 60 FPS. The SLI support at release was pretty epic and the scaling was awesome. Since then they patched it to fix some dodgy shadows and I'm now where I am.

I didn't bother with FRAPS (I usually don't I just use my better judgement) at first but I did notice the drop in FPS after the patch. Gsync most certainly does work though, because there is no stuttering at all.

Basically GTAIV this ain't and it's a dream to play on the PC :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:17 
Unpossible!

Gsync?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:37 
La Bamba

DavPaz wrote:
Gsync?

Yeah Nvidia have a custom ASIC that sits between the GPU and the monitor and basically takes over VSYNC. It's quite crucial on 4k monitors because all of the 60hz ones are Displayport, and with Displayport the signals are split and put back together at the monitor end causing lag.

I originally built my 4k rig last year. I waited nine months before pulling the trigger on a monitor, mostly because all of the ones on offer were crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fghQh0Y4oA4

Basically it stops dips from high FPS to low FPS becoming a stutter and smooths everything off.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprod ... =MO-065-AC

That's the one I use there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:37 
Hello Hello Hello

DavPaz wrote:
Gsync?

It's a proprietary Nvidia technology (although AMD have their own version in the works, or they may have even released it by now), whereby the monitor syncs its refresh rate to what the graphics card is pumping out.

As such it eliminates torn frames which is what traditionally happened when the graphics card couldn't keep up with the monitor's refresh rate.

The net effect is that as long as you can mange north of around 45FPS, the perceived effect to the human eye is very close to a solid 60FPS, with no torn frames.

V-Sync was the old answer to this but could introduce input lag and wasn't ideal unless you could consistently churn out frames at your monitor's refresh rate (typically 60Hz for TFTs).

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/faq

Eurogamer review of the tech from last year - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... ync-review

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 18:56 
Unpossible!

Two excellent explanations. Ta!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 21:48 
La Bamba

Hearthly wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Gsync?

It's a proprietary Nvidia technology (although AMD have their own version in the works, or they may have even released it by now),

It was released a few weeks ago. Sadly it's not so "free" given the only monitors that have it right now are north of five hundred quid.

For it to catch on it needs to be on entry level monitors, like a boggy standard 1080p 24" for around £150 or so. I read a study recently and apparently 80% of all graphics card owners now are Nvidia. Not really good, especially when Titan X is out and AMD have nothing until at least June.

They've been utterly atrocious over the past couple of years with timing. Nvidia always seem to beat them to the punch and that's why we have cards called Titan which cost almost a grand. They're taking the piss, basically, because they can.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 14:47 
Hello Hello Hello

I could hold out no longer, especially off the back off this expansive Eurogamer write-up that further suggests my current PC should run it really nicely at 1080p, and I may even be able to stretch out to 1440p - and manage a pretty solid 60FPS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... eft-auto-5

62GB download, the world's gone mad. Should be ready for about 7pm, so about as long as it took to get it installed and patched and ready to go on my 360 :hat:

Attachment:
cracked.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:19 
Hello Hello Hello

Ha ha lol so I fired this up for a 'quick look' last night and ended up playing it for four hours.

I'm going to do the graphics first, because they are amazing. This may be the best looking game I've ever played. Seriously. Ever.

As already established in the last couple of pages of this thread, the PS4/XBoner versions are very close to the PC version on maxed out fidelity settings, the only thing you're giving away is framerate, so in terms of how they look, my comments will hold true for the console versions.

So, yes, it's jaw-droppingly pretty. Throughout my four hour session I often just stopped my car and looked around, or got out of my car and walked around, or nicked a pushbike off someone and went cycling around. The world looks ridiculously gorgeous, and it's exquisitely crafted, simply beholding it is a pure joy. For a decent chunk of that four hours I was basically dicking around, playing with the world itself, rather than doing 'the game'.

Story wise I did make a reasonable amount of progress, I've unlocked the second guy and done a few missions with him. Writing and story wise it's very 'GTA', (I've been LOL-ing quite a lot), so if that's the sort of thing you like etc etc, and it's already been very well covered in the rest of this thread. (It also seems to be quite easy so far, I didn't come close to failing anything, and the restarts are now much kinder than they used to be, apparently putting you right back at the start of the 'meat' of the mission rather than miles away and having to drive there again.)

Whether or not it's worth buying a second time on PS4/XBoner/PC if you've already done the 360/PS3 version is up to you, but I deliberately skipped the 360 version (as documented earlier in this thread) to hold out for the definitive version (I was neutral as to whether I'd end up playing it on PS4/XBoner or PC).

Performance wise and to perhaps give you some metrics, my PC can run it pretty much all pimped out at 1080p/60FPS (with a couple of nips and tucks to the most ruinous settings and none of the advanced settings turned on). This is with a quad-core i7-920 which will be seven years old this year, and a 2GB GTX670 graphics card (you can currently buy a GTX960, which is about 10-15% more powerful than a GTX670, for £150). The game does explicitly warn me that I don't have enough VRAM for the settings I'm running at, but my experience is the same as Eurogamer's, the game still runs fine with just the odd 'jump' as it's moving stuff from system RAM into VRAM (and even that is rare and only happens when I'm properly belting around in a really fast car).

I might have a play around today to see if I can find a combination of settings that'll allow me to go up to 1440p and still maintain a reasonably steady 60FPS, but I suspect that may just be beyond my current PC. (I may even play around with Nvidia's half v-sync option to see if I can manage all pimped out at 30FPS forced through the driver, since GTA isn't a 'twitch' racer or shooter (and never has been), it's possible maximum fidelity will trump pure framerate.)

But yeah, pretty awesome stuff, I lost count of the number of times I just stopped what I was doing to watch the world and be amazed - almost like the first time I played GTA3 on the PS2 all those years ago, it's almost that level of amazeballs.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 22:06 
La Bamba

Aye, she's very pretty. At 4k with 2XMSAA there are no jagglies at all which is very strange for me. Usually power lines and blades of grass can look a little iffy up close but this is just flawless.

The only game I have played at 4k that looks anywhere as nice as this is Dying Light, which I must say I prefer over this graphically. The characters look less cartoony and real. That's the only area I can really criticise GTAV on though.

It does run very nice, GTAIV this ain't.. Seems they learned a little from Max Payne 3. I just got to the part in the desert with the really ugly bloke with the sideburns :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 
Hello Hello Hello

Well 1440p was a non-starter, basically because I couldn't get on with a locked 30FPS at all, it just felt too 'gamey' and spoilt the lovely fluidity of the world. Without the locked 30FPS the extra pixels were more than my graphics card could handle with my preferred fidelity settings and the framerate was bouncing around too much to the point of distraction.

As such I've settled for a pimped-out 1080p (albeit not managing too many 'Ultra' settings and instead having to settle for 'Very High'), which generally belts along at 60FPS with drops to the mid 40s when it gets very busy or there's lot of grass around. (I could drop the grass from 'Very High' to 'High', but I won't.)

It's a decent compromise in that the game still looks almost unfeasibly gorgeous, runs at my preferred framerate, and I can live with the drop in resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080.

Control wise I'm mainly using a 360 pad, but switching to K+M for some of the shooty bits. The switch between the two control methods is utterly seamless, even to the extent that the onscreen tooltips dynamically change based on where the input is currently coming from.

As for the game ltself, I've had Lester available on my map now for ages, but I'm finding so much other stuff to do I still haven't bothered to go and trigger his mission. I'm quite enjoying doing the various 'random character on the map' missions that are dotted around the place, or simply exploring the game world for no other reason that it's such an amazingly realised world and it's great to explore.

It's taken over from Hearthstone, which is about the highest praise I can give a game really.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 13:58 
La Bamba

Yeah I need to use KBM for shooting I absolutely suck at it. I too am using a controller for it ATM though :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Put some more time in last night, I'm now at 9 hours playtime and I've actually done precious little in terms of the main campaign, there's just so much other stuff to find and do.

Last thing I did was blow up the 'Facebook' CEO's head with the rigged mobile phone. That was funny.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 
Excellent Member

Amazon are charging £34.85 for the game on Prime and £34.99 for download only!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:05 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The latter is the better product.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 15:32 
La Bamba

Hearthly wrote:
Put some more time in last night, I'm now at 9 hours playtime and I've actually done precious little in terms of the main campaign, there's just so much other stuff to find and do.

Last thing I did was blow up the 'Facebook' CEO's head with the rigged mobile phone. That was funny.

Yeah that bit is comedy gold. Reminds me of the bit in Law Abiding Citizen :D

BTW I forgot to mention. So my tiny rig runs a rather unbalanced Pentium Anniversary (the ones you can overclock) and I have that clocked to 4.2ghz. For a graphics card I am using a MSI Titan Black and I'm only running 4gb ram. So yeah, as I say, totally unbalanced. I first installed GTAV yesterday afternoon but it refused to run because I was on a 32 bit Win 7. So last night I changed the OS to 8.1 64 bit and then installed it again, here's what I found...

Absolute max settings with everything as high as it will go (note I have VSYNC on because it was a stutter fest without it oddly) and 2XMSAA -

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
5111, 90000, 33, 60, 56.789

And the frames as detected by FRAPS.

FPS

What's really interesting is that the 33 FPS minimum was a one off. The average FPS are jammed to almost 60 FPS. That's awfully impressive for such a cheap CPU. I was going to fit a Xeon I7 'alike' for £180 but I shan't bother now. I can play GTAV on my TV so I'm super happy about that.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 
Hello Hello Hello

I'm up to now Trevor now and starting to work through his missions, the game says that Franklin and Michael are lying low after the heist so I have to play exclusively as Trevor for the moment.

Now I do sometimes have a problem with playing total psychos with no redeeming qualities whatsoever (I didn't get on with the Lost & The Damned DLC for GTAIV because everyone was such a total cunt, to the extent that I didn't play it through), but fortunately Trevor is well enough written a character for me to stick with.

The shooting has amped up quite considerably, so I've done a proper job on configuring the K+M to my tastes, as I flounder very badly with the pad for anything but basic shooting - the integration of both control methods continues to impress me, and TBH there are so many fucking buttons/keys that the onscreen tooltips are still of use.

The first heist was excellent fun too, really exciting stuff.

In fact, the whole thing is so exciting that I'm finding 60-90 minutes is about right for a session, then I like to calm down by watching a film/episode or playing some Hearthstone. Must be getting properly fucking old.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 
Hibernating Druid

Tempted to pick this up again for PS4.

Nothing like a drive by with a Def Leppard backing track.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:11 
Hello Hello Hello

I quite like the pop radio channel with the nice sounding British lass as the DJ. *

Smalltown Boy! West End Girls!

* EDIT - Cara Delevingne apparently, Google her! Bit skinny for me though, and I'm like, old enough to be her dad.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 13:08 
Esoteric

Hearthly wrote:
In fact, the whole thing is so exciting that I'm finding 60-90 minutes is about right for a session, then I like to calm down by watching a film/episode or playing some Hearthstone. Must be getting properly fucking old.

That's how I've been playing it. I too am at the part you're on as I've not played it in a week. I spent a couple of hours playing Wolfenstein the other night though (he says, trying to sound like a hardened gamer).

It's rare for me to game until I'm exhausted now.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 15:05 
Hello Hello Hello

I am SO DAMN CLOSE to buying a GTX970. I was out in Trevor-land last night and thought the game was looking very pretty, so just as a test I upped my res to 2560x1440 and Ultra-ed everything out, OMG it looked beyond gorgeous, almost impossibly good in fact. (Genuinely to the point of looking at the game world and reminding myself this was all being rendered in real time and was a fully controllable game, and not some kind of sumptuous pre-rendered FMV sequence - it's that stunning.)

Problem was my framerate promptly dropped down to 20-30FPS, the combination of the extra strain of 1440p versus 1080p plus the extra lovelies of Ultra settings clearly just pushes my graphics card past its limits. (At 1080p and Very High across the board I can maintain 60FPS or close to it for most of the time, although out in Trevor-Land I see the high 40s-low 50s quite a bit, due to all the grass I think.)

Then again 1440p is a LOT of extra work:

1440p = 3.7m pixels
1080p = 2.1m pixels

So more than 75% more pixels to draw per frame at 1440p versus 1080p.

Cheapest 970 out there is £255, which seems like a daft amount of cash to play one game at somewhat nicer settings than I'm currently running it at.

PC gaming eh?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 15:37 
Esoteric

In fairness it does include a good £60 worth of games though so at least that makes it somewhat better value.

I think I have found the reason for the drop in FPS in GTAV. At some point it seems I accidentally hit the auto overclock button on my mobo. When I checked CPUZ my CPU was running at a whopping 1100mhz. I've no idea what happened but have fixed it now. Will test the game later on after the footy to see if that has fixed the unexplained drop in FPS.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:13 
Hello Hello Hello

Got the three characters back in the game last night, Trevor meeting Michael again was pretty funny.

In fact, 'funny' is what the game is quite a lot of the time, which is a nice counterpoint to the sense of dourness of GTAIV (although it should be noted that there was a fuckload of humour in GTAIV once you got past the protagonist and his 'I've seen bad people do bad things' war stories).

I also now seem to have over one million dollars, so the $1.2M I'd have got for pre-ordering doesn't seem so exciting after all.

Trevor is staying on the right side of making me laugh despite being a psycho, although I haven't got to 'that scene' yet, and I'm guessing that won't be played for laughs.

Sticking with my GTX670 and sub-optimal 1080p/Very High experience, although having seen the majesty of 1440p/Ultra I can't help but be aware of the extra level of loveliness that I'm missing.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Surely we're into 'SIGN FROM GOD' territory now, as this has just dropped into my Inbox from EBuyer.

Attachment:
signfromgod.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 13:35 
Esoteric

Do it. I'm amazed you've spent so little over the years.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 16:28 
Hello Hello Hello

ORDERED.

Fuck it, that's a hell of a lot of graphics card for not a huge amount of cash.

I'll be able to shift the 670 on for £50, which takes the 970 to under £200, using creative accounting :D

I've had the GTX670 for three years, so it's not done bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 16:46 
Esoteric

670s are worth around £70.

You'll need to overclock the CPU a little too.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 16:57 
Hello Hello Hello

JohnCoffey wrote:
670s are worth around £70.

You'll need to overclock the CPU a little too.

My CPU's already maxed out, running at 3.41GHz from a stock of 2.66GHz. I have had it at 3.51GHz but it can hit the tjunction at that speed, the guy who I bought it off had it running at 3.7GHz but he was on water, whereas I'm on air. (Arctic Cooler Rev 2.)

I'm hoping the CPU isn't my bottleneck, with MSI Afterburner logging everything whilst playing GTAV, the 670 was sat at a solid 100% utilisation, where the CPU cores were in the 70-80% range.

I could probably get more than £50 for the 670 but at the £50 mark I can easily shift it on to a mate locally, avoiding the nightmare that is selling shit on eBay.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 16:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

(Hnngh - Ed)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 17:05 
Esoteric

Yeah had a nightmare on ebay recently with a mobile phone. The buyer said it was unauthorised and the funds were removed from my bank account and frozen for a week. Put me right off selling on there.

As I mentioned a few posts back your motherboard should support the Xeon X5650 and they're around £50. Definitely worth looking into.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 17:11 

Grim... wrote:
(Hnngh - Ed)

I really want to post about the great time we had playing this last night but I'm worried it might be off topic for this thread.

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next