Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 15:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 2662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
Well done fella

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 32060
Also, you forgot your glass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 8777
DavPaz wrote:
Also, you forgot your glass.


Yeah, I didn't have a pint available at the time so I panicked and just did a stupid hand gesture. I'm a fanny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:36 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45304
Really impressive transformation there, well done

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42706
Location: The erogenous zone
Well done guys.

I'm struggling to choose my favourite... but you'll know soon enough. :luv:

Also: Get your haircut, Kov.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
Zardoz wrote:
Well done guys.

I'm struggling to choose my favourite... but you'll know soon enough. :luv:

Also: Get your haircut, Kov.


Yes sir :P

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:00 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42706
Location: The erogenous zone
It might just put you at the top of my chart :luv:

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:00 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
Thinking of shaving it all off, until after my tri..

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15444
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Zardoz wrote:
It might just put you at the top of my chart :luv:

Caution: you do not want to be at the top of his chart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
https://www.113events.com/wp-content/up ... -Sheet.pdf

Getting a bit real now, 47 days to go..

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 19:38 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
KovacsC wrote:
https://www.113events.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CC2017%E2%80%93Race-Information-Sheet.pdf

Getting a bit real now, 47 days to go..


You can do it!

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 19:44 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
Having been in the best shape I'd been in years, finally learning to cycle, and managing my first triathlon, I'm now facing the completely daunting challenge of getting back there post-baby.

God help me.

I actually don't know where to start, I kept healthy throughout my pregnancy but obviously there's only so much you can do, especially the last couple of months where you essentially can't move, and having ended up having an emergency c-section I'm now signed off to do anything for another 2 months; crap.

First port of call will be yoga / swimming once I'm allowed to in order to get a bit of strength and cardio back up, but I'm worried about how to work it around full time baby care and also just being nervous about my fitness levels now- don't suppose anyone else has been through this and has good results stories to share to point me in the right direction?! Or anyone with ladies who have been through it?

Must not turn into lazy Mummy, must aim for Yummy Mummy goal!!!!

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 21:45 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1688
Location: Broseley
Honestly? Concentrate on staying a) alive b) rested and c) fed for the next 4-6 months.

You have all the time in the world to be a yummy mummy - you don't get to re-live the first months of a baby's life again :) (and god knows I've tried)

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 21:54 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
Jem wrote:
Honestly? Concentrate on staying a) alive b) rested and c) fed for the next 4-6 months.

You have all the time in the world to be a yummy mummy - you don't get to re-live the first months of a baby's life again :) (and god knows I've tried)


The yummy mummy bit was sort of a joke ;) it's more about how I feel in myself and both the physical and mental health elements. It's really got me down the last couple of months so I don't want to let it go on too long before I do something to get back on board; not full on, just something to get the endorphins going and energy levels / mood up! So looking for ideas and inspiration to kick start that

But yes, keeping the family alive and maybe sleeping again one day first priority

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:11 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42265
Location: West Yorkshire
Yeah, MrsA was worried about that, but I assured her that in the Yummy Mummy stakes, of the 6 mums in the NCT group, she'd be in the top five.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
MaliA wrote:
Yeah, MrsA was worried about that, but I assured her that in the Yummy Mummy stakes, of the 6 mums in the NCT group, she'd be in the top five.


See, Husband of the Year award right there. Clearly that's the encouragement I'm missing; have a word with MrFF would you?

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:07 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1688
Location: Broseley
TheFireFaerie wrote:
The yummy mummy bit was sort of a joke ;) it's more about how I feel in myself and both the physical and mental health elements. It's really got me down the last couple of months so I don't want to let it go on too long before I do something to get back on board; not full on, just something to get the endorphins going and energy levels / mood up! So looking for ideas and inspiration to kick start that

But yes, keeping the family alive and maybe sleeping again one day first priority


Sorry, please don't think me lecturing/patronising :luv: Your mental health is super important (the potential for PND is no joke), but I just remember trying to fit everything in and be super mum with #2 and regretting so much.

There are tons of mum & baby classes these days that will allow you to ease yourself back in without having to worry about childcare - yoga, buggy fit, sling swing and salsa babies (both dance classes) - that sort of thing.

Weight loss wasn't a huge issue for me because of my shit pregnancies but I found breastfeeding and 'babywearing' (using a sling) helped balance out the cake calories consumed early days. I walked a lot - partly because I didn't drive - and that really improved my general fitness without being massively strenuous as well as the fresh air / just getting out being good for my head.

I know the 30 day shred DVD used to be massively popular with new mums because obviously it's something you can do at home, but defo avoid until your scar is 110% healed.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:08 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 8739
Location: Devon
TheFireFaerie wrote:
Having been in the best shape I'd been in years, finally learning to cycle, and managing my first triathlon, I'm now facing the completely daunting challenge of getting back there post-baby.

God help me.

I actually don't know where to start, I kept healthy throughout my pregnancy but obviously there's only so much you can do, especially the last couple of months where you essentially can't move, and having ended up having an emergency c-section I'm now signed off to do anything for another 2 months; crap.

First port of call will be yoga / swimming once I'm allowed to in order to get a bit of strength and cardio back up, but I'm worried about how to work it around full time baby care and also just being nervous about my fitness levels now- don't suppose anyone else has been through this and has good results stories to share to point me in the right direction?! Or anyone with ladies who have been through it?

Must not turn into lazy Mummy, must aim for Yummy Mummy goal!!!!


Use your baby as a weight and do some basic exercises with him, he'll love it and the bonus is that your baby will gain weight slowly, so that you're burning a few more calories than last time...

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
Malc wrote:
TheFireFaerie wrote:
Having been in the best shape I'd been in years, finally learning to cycle, and managing my first triathlon, I'm now facing the completely daunting challenge of getting back there post-baby.

God help me.

I actually don't know where to start, I kept healthy throughout my pregnancy but obviously there's only so much you can do, especially the last couple of months where you essentially can't move, and having ended up having an emergency c-section I'm now signed off to do anything for another 2 months; crap.

First port of call will be yoga / swimming once I'm allowed to in order to get a bit of strength and cardio back up, but I'm worried about how to work it around full time baby care and also just being nervous about my fitness levels now- don't suppose anyone else has been through this and has good results stories to share to point me in the right direction?! Or anyone with ladies who have been through it?

Must not turn into lazy Mummy, must aim for Yummy Mummy goal!!!!


Use your baby as a weight and do some basic exercises with him, he'll love it and the bonus is that your baby will gain weight slowly, so that you're burning a few more calories than last time...


Hey good idea!! I've seen baby yoga where you can use baby as resistance / weights so shall see if I can find some of the exercises online!

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:22 
User avatar
a creature of fathomless grace

Joined: 1st Jul, 2012
Posts: 1608
Jem wrote:
TheFireFaerie wrote:
The yummy mummy bit was sort of a joke ;) it's more about how I feel in myself and both the physical and mental health elements. It's really got me down the last couple of months so I don't want to let it go on too long before I do something to get back on board; not full on, just something to get the endorphins going and energy levels / mood up! So looking for ideas and inspiration to kick start that

But yes, keeping the family alive and maybe sleeping again one day first priority


Sorry, please don't think me lecturing/patronising :luv: Your mental health is super important (the potential for PND is no joke), but I just remember trying to fit everything in and be super mum with #2 and regretting so much.

There are tons of mum & baby classes these days that will allow you to ease yourself back in without having to worry about childcare - yoga, buggy fit, sling swing and salsa babies (both dance classes) - that sort of thing.

Weight loss wasn't a huge issue for me because of my shit pregnancies but I found breastfeeding and 'babywearing' (using a sling) helped balance out the cake calories consumed early days. I walked a lot - partly because I didn't drive - and that really improved my general fitness without being massively strenuous as well as the fresh air / just getting out being good for my head.

I know the 30 day shred DVD used to be massively popular with new mums because obviously it's something you can do at home, but defo avoid until your scar is 110% healed.



Not at all! That's all super advice, and important to see / hear both sides of the coin, so thank you :kiss:

I don't drive either so that's good to know the walking will be effective in itself; starting point! There's loads of classes around here but they're hideously expensive so no can do, but hadn't thought about the sling as a good weight type exercise; I need to get one for sure!

_________________
81 sleeps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 13:47 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 1688
Location: Broseley
I getcha on how expensive classes are 8) but if there's a particular exercise you like the sound of the most I reckon youtube probably has "how to do it with your baby" type videos.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:07 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42265
Location: West Yorkshire
A while back:

"Hey, MaliA! Do you fancy a walk in the Lakes?"
"Yeah, ok, when and where?"
"14th July, Scafell"
"Sure, hit me up two weeks before"

Now, I have discovered Scafell and Scafell Pike are two different things, and it's looking like about 14 miles in ten hours or so with 2,200 metres of up. On rocks. It looks like rain, too.

https://www.walkingenglishman.com/lakes29.htm


Quote:
This is a stunning path, quite narrow and perhaps a bit dodgy in poor weather....we scrambled up the the Great Slab which was a much longer climb than we thought. It was bone dry and no problem at all to walk up the 30 degree slope. I wouldn't fancy it in damp weather though as it would make a damn fine ski slope....The path from Esk Hause is wide, clear and very easy, but this soon changes as you get near Great End. Now the way is full of boulders and it is a case of picking your way across the tops of boulder fields spotting cairns here and there. Again, in today's warm and clear conditions it was no problem, but it must be a hellish place to be in foul weather - it is a brutal place.... Mickledore is the place of legends, a narrow but safe link between the two highest points in England. Steep drops on each side suggest other routes up and down


Oh, shit.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 13:53 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
I am 33 days till my tri.

I have a week off with my son in July and a taper week. Means just over 2 weeks of training. Panic is setting in...

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:54 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42265
Location: West Yorkshire
Quote:
HOW WINDY? (ON THE SUMMITS)

West or southwesterly 30 to 40mph.

EFFECT OF WIND ON YOU?

Extensive buffeting where exposed on higher areas, and locally through lower passes and cols.

HOW WET?

Rain, most persistent afternoon

Patches drizzly rain at any time, but most rain will spread eastwards during the afternoon although may not amount to much all day northeastern fells.

CLOUD ON THE HILLS?

Shrouding the hills all day

Blanket low cloud all day giving persistent fog from lower slopes up coastal fells and across south Lakes and at best from about 500 or 600m north/northeastern fells.

CHANCE OF CLOUD FREE SUMMITS?

10%

SUNSHINE AND AIR CLARITY?

Sunshine unlikely. Visibility often poor below cloud, most extensively western fells and across south Lakes.


Adventure time.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 20:23 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42265
Location: West Yorkshire
Luckily, I am in charge of supplies. Wouldn't want an idiot doing it


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18102
Location: shropshire, uk
Good mix there.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 14:12 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 62180
Location: Your Mum
That bacon is shit - we has some at the weekend.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:09 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 42706
Location: The erogenous zone
Tefal Toast AND egg?!

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:11 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45304
I bought my brother in law a breakfast muffin maker a few years back. It toasts muffin halves, cooks an egg, and cooks a sausage patty.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Middle Age Spread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:22 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11484
Cras wrote:
I bought my brother in law a breakfast muffin maker a few years back. It toasts muffin halves, cooks an egg, and cooks a sausage patty.

I have one also, it is ace.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 2662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Satsuma and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.