PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 
lazy eye patch

What happened in it?

Post subject: Re: Last night's episode of Eastenders
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 
BETEO voice of unreason

CUS wrote:
What happened in it?

Er, lots of people shouted, some people were called "SLAAAAAAGS", there was a fight in a fruit&veg market, and everyone went to the pub, ordered a drink, drank a tiny amount of it and stormed out again? Like every other episode of it, ever?

Townes.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 
Sleepyhead

You're really very tedious at times. Did you know that?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:13 
lazy eye patch

Still right, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:14 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Still right, though.

Not at all. At the very least hypocritical. Complaining about clutter and then creating more clutter to try and prove a point that everyone quite clearly understood, just to show off your grumpy forum character.

Well done. Have a gold star.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:15 

I think that we should all start Eastenders threads, because CUS likes it so much.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
Not at all. At the very least hypocritical. Complaining about clutter and then creating more clutter to try and prove a point that everyone quite clearly understood, just to show off your grumpy forum character.

Excellent, so you agree that was too much too clutter already? Excellent.

No, just to show off that the pre-existing hypocrisy of creating all these limited-interest, cliquey threads was a clear departure from what has been requested lately. Unfortunately, my attempt at simply and clearly saying as much was met with typical Hooray Henry-esque dismissals of jealousy, at not being involved in your game.

See, when the nation state won't listen, truth-seekers must resort to terrorism. It's entirely your (miscellaneous) fault.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 
INFINITE POWAH

So - as not everyone has a DS, please everyone stop posting any threads about DS games. Similarly with 360s, PS3s. Not everyones interested in politics, so let's stop posting about that too.

Oh, and anything to do with whiskey.

Quote:
a clear departure from what has been requested lately.

Requested by whom? I might have missed the discussion.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 
Sleepyhead

Talk about reading what I wrote with an agenda, CUS... egad!

At the end of the day, this thread was a childish toy-throwing exercise, and we both know that.

Since this is a forum dedicated to excellence, I can't be bothered going in to this any more. I am sure that the tiny 21-person clique interested in the Mafia game weren't intending to create a dozen more threads to worry you (into creating a dozen more stoic protest threads). We're just having a bit of fun with a game that we like. I'm sure your concerns were noted in the thread you raised the initial protest in. Several people did dismiss the idea, but often after reasoning that your grumpiness seemed unreasonable.

Of course, any attempt to disagree with you was met by Extreme Freedom Fighter Action!

*shrugs*

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 
lazy eye patch

Mr Chris wrote:
So - as not everyone has a DS, please everyone stop posting any threads about DS games. Similarly with 360s, PS3s. Not everyones interested in politics, so let's stop posting about that too.

No, that doesn't work. People came here from a forum filled with threads on games n' news, mostly. Some people stayed over there, despite their being missed here, because they only want games n' news, mostly. Where other threads are a bit 'silly', and there's too much in-jokery.

Quote:
Quote:
a clear departure from what has been requested lately.

Requested by whom? I might have missed the discussion.

Yes. And as for whom, eh, I can hardly say 'Well, DAVE started it, then BOB carried it on and...' now, can I?

I'm completely certain of this because I've had more than enough people mention it in general moans, in me-specific moans, in group-specific moans (including, charmingly, someone asking me to please swear less, which I am trying to) and in general 'Gah, you're all shit' moans.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 
Excellent Member

Pete is completely baffled. Anyway.

Personally I have no probs with esoteric threads that I don't get or that are about Eastenders. As long as no one posts one discussing Stargate or in praise of Jim Davidson, I'm alright.

(Tomorrow's news: Jim Davidson averts world war III with surprise noble self-immolating sacrifice in Westminister Abbey at protest against rising tensions. Pete chews lip with annoyance at outbreak of praise.)

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 

Given that the game thread has to be for just players and just the game itself, at least a 2nd thread is clearly needed.

And if we can't tease grim... for being virtually dead and really rich then there's no reason to live.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:36 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
At the end of the day, this thread was a childish toy-throwing exercise, and we both know that.

Childish? Sure. Toy-throwing? No. Simply exasperated at the class system here.

Quote:
Since this is a forum dedicated to excellence

We need a roflcopter dimlie. At least three. It's NAME is dedicated to excellence, sure.

Quote:
I am sure that the tiny 21-person cleek interested in the Mafia game weren't intending to create a dozen more threads to worry you

Excellent, so you agree that it's a clique. Also, this annoying clique-filter certainly does indidcate that it's not a new thing from me this morning, hmm, hmm, hmm? No, that's logic, you wouldn't understand that.

Quote:
Of course, any attempt to disagree with you was met by Extreme Freedom Fighter Action!

What, like you basically having a go at me from the first moment when I said 'Erm, this is a bit cliquey guys?' Suuuuuuuuuuuuure. Keep twistin'.

In any event, I've made my point. How typical but tragic that rather than discuss that (bearing in mind, again, that it's been made before) you would rather have a benny at me. Carry on being excellent!

Dudley wrote:
Given that the game thread has to be for just players and just the game itself, at least a 2nd thread is clearly needed.

So, you need two threads then? In total.

Quote:
And if we can't tease grim... for being virtually dead and really rich then there's no reason to live.

You've already got two threads and a forum for doing that.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 

To be honest CUS I didn't view it as cliquey at all. Anyone could have joined in if they had wanted to, pretty much exactly the opposite of what I'd regard as a clique.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:49 
lazy eye patch

Anyone could have joined in singing about Grim... being dead in that game? Haha, yes maybe. We could turn up and be all like 'Lol, what's going on here????' and everyone would be all like 'Lol! We killed Grim...!' and we'd be all 'What????' and they'd be all 'Oh, in the game, silly hahahaha' and we'd be all 'oh, cool, you guys rock, I wish I was playing it like you are!'

That's exactly what a clique is.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:52 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Childish? Sure. Toy-throwing? No. Simply exasperated at the class system here.

You didn't get the reaction you wanted to your comments, so created childish threads to try to make the exact same point again. That's practically the definition of 'toy throwing'.

Quote:
Quote:
Since this is a forum dedicated to excellence

We need a roflcopter dimlie. At least three. It's NAME is dedicated to excellence, sure.

You're more wrong that Mister Wrong, the Chief of being Wrong in Wrongtown.

IT'S THE FIRST LINE OF THE RULES

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure that the tiny 21-person cleek interested in the Mafia game weren't intending to create a dozen more threads to worry you

Excellent, so you agree that it's a cleek. Also, this annoying cleek-filter certainly does indidcate that it's not a new thing from me this morning, hmm, hmm, hmm? No, that's logic, you wouldn't understand that.

Yes, what I was using was irony, but you clearly don't understand that. A clique is necessarily small, it's in the definition of the word. 21 regular posters on a forum of this size is a significant porton, and without doubt not a clique (or indeed a 'cleek').

My logic is impeccable. As, apparently, is your paranoia.

Quote:
Quote:

What, like you basically having a go at me from the first moment when I said 'Erm, this is a bit cliquey guys?' Suuuuuuuuuuuuure. Keep twistin'.

Look at the 'Ode to Grim...' thread. Read it from the start and you will see, using LOGIC that nobody had even remotely 'had a go' at you until you started using emotive language such as 'retarded', and effectively calling us sheep by calling the board/ethos 'Be Like Us'. If you can't see that those sentiments could be classified as inflammatory (not to mention the condescending 'you should thank me'), then, well, I don't know what to say. Even then all that was said was that you were maybe 'sour', which you were then more than welcome to disagree with.

Quote:
In any event, I've made my point. How typical but tragic that rather than discuss that (bearing in mind, again, that it's been made before) you would rather have a benny at me. Carry on being excellent!

We were discussing it, and then you made your grand gesture! Or were our discussions not good enough for you?

Quote:
Dudley wrote:

So, you need two threads then? In total.

We had three. Good grief.

Quote:
Quote:

You've already got two threads and a forum for doing that.

No, because you JUST SAID we can't use the forum for it outside of those two threads.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:53 

Wait... wait... I'm getting confused now. I thought Dudley was meant to be the angry one?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Zio wrote:
Wait... wait... I'm getting confused now. I thought Dudley was meant to be the angry one?

We've been secretly dosing Dudley. I don't think he's noticed.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:57 
making out to faces of death

CUS, you're a generally lovely person to read, but sometimes you seem to turn into the forum version of those TV crime serial killers who go on a murdering spree and scream at the police WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP MEEEEEE I TOLD YOU ALL THE WORLD IS EVIL!!! Which is to say that making more badness to show that there's badness, just adds to the badness.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:01 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I don't get all this bitching about starting threads, isn't this a chat forum?

If people really want a place that only has gaming threads, why don't the admins set up a gaming sub-forum, which is dedicated to gaming threads? Then if anyone wants to tlk about "Eastenders" they can do it in the general thread without upsetting anyone. If possible, the admins could make it so you can default to the sub-forum of your choice so you never have to even see the clutter of the general thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
You didn't get the reaction you wanted to your comments, so created childish threads to try to make the exact same point again. That's practically the definition of 'toy throwing'.

You mean, "I was ignored as is typically the case, despite my contribution being an attempt to say 'Hello, this is the answer you are after', as it generally is. And that's when I decided to be childish. Ehhh, I don't care. Yes, no, whatever.

Quote:

WHICH NOBODY HAS EVER READ OUTSIDE OF THE MODZ, APPARENTLY.

Quote:
Yes, what I was using was irony, but you clearly don't understand that.

You clearly think too much of your writing ability.

Quote:
21 regular posters on a forum of this size is a significant porton, and without doubt not a cleek (or indeed a 'cleek').

21 out of 201 is a significant portion? It's a tenth! It's a minority.

Quote:

Swap in 'smarminess' and 'breakfast' and I'll agree.

Quote:
Look at the 'Ode to Grim...' thread. Read it from the start and you will see, using LOGIC that nobody had even remotely 'had a go' at you until you started using emotive language such as 'retarded'

Well, I'd previously said "I don't understand any of this. Lousy cliques everywhere." Which makes your reply of:

"I'd hardly say that there was an anti-Grim... cleek on the boards! If anything you're one of the more revered members, I would have thought." rather curious and antagonistic. Curiouser still that you somehow missed that just now. I respond only in kind.

Quote:
We were discussing it, and then you made your grand gesture! Or were our discussions not good enough for you?

If by discussion you mean accusing me of being jealous for mentioning it in the first place, or of having some anti-Grim... bias that would make me not want to see a thread about him, then no, that wasn't good enough, especially in response to my small and polite comment.

Quote:
We had three. Good grief.

Four, I forgot one at first.

Quote:
No, because you JUST SAID we can't use the forum for it outside of those two threads.

You don't have to start new threads just to call Grim... a rich cunt. I would rather imagine that he would know that better than anyone.

AceAceBaby wrote:
Which is to say that making more badness to show that there's badness, just adds to the badness.

Maybe, but that's just neglecting the threat of the initial badness. Plus, everyone just assumes I'm having a go at someone every time I post, and ignores what I have to say, so I have to resort to peculiar measures. Eh, I am what you made me.

@Bobbyaro: This forum is supposed to be a friendly chat forum that only has relevant on-topic discussion of the kind of stuff that we used to talk about on WoS where we only ever discussed that stuff except we didn't and here the modz are too oppressive except they're not.

Hope that helps mate.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 
Skillmeister

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to curb my personality and behaviour to suit a nebulous "them" in what and how I post.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
You mean, "I was ignored as is typically the case, despite my contribution being an attempt to say 'Hello, this is the answer you are after', as it generally is. And that's when I decided to be childish. Ehhh, I don't care. Yes, no, whatever.

So, now we're getting to the nub of the matter. You were ignored, 'as usual', when you had 'the answer'.

I'm sorry mate, but that's just paranoid delusion. You were not ignored at all. In fact, loads of people considered what you said, and disagreed with it. Stop looking for monsters where there are none. If you feel that the forum ignores you on all matters then that's a shame, as I don't think that it does.

Quote:
Quote:

WHICH NOBODY HAS EVER READ OUTSIDE OF THE MODZ, APPARENTLY.

Since when was ignorance a decent argument? I'm not a mod and I've read the rules. There have been numerous discussions about the rules. You yourself have mentioned rules numerous times. To then declare that it's only the title of the boards is either foolish or lying.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, what I was using was irony, but you clearly don't understand that.

You clearly think too much of your writing ability.

Not really. Despite being, in several writing communities, largely lauded for my work and encouraged to become a full-time author, I am fairly insecure about my writing.

Quote:
Quote:
21 regular posters on a forum of this size is a significant porton, and without doubt not a cleek (or indeed a 'cleek').

21 out of 201 is a significant portion? It's a tenth! It's a minority.

We have 201 regular posters do we? 201 people who post every day or thereabouts?

Looking at member stats, 100 of our members have 15 or fewer posts. Almost 50 have 0. As much as it is lovely to cater to everyone, the main body of people who post on this forum do have a right to, y'know, enjoy themselves without being called a clique.

Quote:
Quote:

Swap in 'smarminess' and 'breakfast' and I'll agree.

Apologies, Great Chief High Horse.

Quote:
Quote:
Look at the 'Ode to Grim...' thread. Read it from the start and you will see, using LOGIC that nobody had even remotely 'had a go' at you until you started using emotive language such as 'retarded'

Well, I'd previously said "I don't understand any of this. Lousy cliques everywhere." Which makes your reply of:

"I'd hardly say that there was an anti-Grim... cleek on the boards! If anything you're one of the more revered members, I would have thought." rather curious and antagonistic. Curiouser still that you somehow missed that just now. I respond only in kind.

Some points you conveniently missed out:

1 - My post was clearly directed at Grim... - note how I refer to him by name, and then use the word "you're".
2 - So, by saying directly to Grim... that I think he is respected on the boards and that people don't hold a grudge against him (either in the game or on the boards), that's apparently antagonistic? I was paying him a compliment!

I don't mean to be 'curious' or strange here... but I really don't see how that is antagonistic. Seriously. Can anyone else?

Quote:
Quote:

If by discussion you mean accusing me of being jealous for mentioning it in the first place, or of having some anti-Grim... bias that would make me not want to see a thread about him, then no, that wasn't good enough, especially in response to my small and polite comment.

Your cause and effect is wrong.

You said it was cliquey, some people disagreed, you impolitely said that making the threads was retarded, and THEN someone said you might be sour.

I cannot stress strongly enough that there's no Anti-CUS conspiracy at work here.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:32 
Isn't that lovely?

Curiosity wrote:
I cannot stress strongly enough that there's no Anti-CUS conspiracy at work here.

Yes there is.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity, I have no idea who is quoting who about what, there.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:38 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Curiosity, I have no idea who is quoting who about what, there.

Fixed!

I missed a '/' from one of the tags :(

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:38 
Excellent Member

can you all stop using the word Cleek

its c l i q u e ffs.
edit: oh I see some cunt has included a "swear filter" ...how excellent.

and CUS, pipe down, if you dont like the Mafia game just ignore it.
I dont own a DS, so ignore all DS threads. Its really not worth getting hot and bothered over is it? OR is it!?

RRARRR

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 
lazy eye patch

@LaceSensor: It is if twats harass oneself, like dickheads, to stop posting anything that isn't "on-topic" (the definition of which I do not know), but then, in part, go galivanting off spouting reams of limited-interest bullshit, whilst rudely suggesting that anyone who has a problem with this, must be jealous.

That irritates me.

Curiosity wrote:
You were ignored, 'as usual', when you had 'the answer'.

Well, that was referring to a different thread on a different subject. But, to give you that soundbite you're after: I am almost right, but largely ignored. Which is vexing, especially as it's sometimes on a subject that I have a personal interest in (see above in regard to LaceSensor).

Quote:
To then declare that it's only the title of the boards is either foolish or lying.

Well, I was attempting to suggest that it's only the title of the board, and that the spirit extends no further, being essentially a lost dream, much like a ghost town called 'Prosperence' or 'New Hope'. Or, foolish or lying, if you like, why not.

Quote:
Looking at member stats, 100 of our members have 15 or fewer posts. Almost 50 have 0.

So? I can think of many members who have less than 15 posts who, if I were to say that THEY thought something, would really get noses a-twitching. I have posted 2000+ times. So post count is irrelevant, as long as they've posted y'know, at least once. Still. Of these 'regular' members or whatever you refer to, that leaves 71.

Quote:
As much as it is lovely to cater to everyone, the main body of people who post on this forum do have a right to, y'know, enjoy themselves without being called a cleek.

No they don't. That would make them a cleek with airs and graces. The main body of people, eh? Cor. I bet they're AWESOME. A shame for all those pissants who aren't part of the "Main body of people", eh? Wow. How they must dream!

Quote:
My post was clearly directed at Grim... - note how I refer to him by name, and then use the word "you're".

Your quote just referred to him similarly by name, and wasn't directed at him, now. However, I can see a double meaning there, that I couldn't before.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 
EvilTrousers

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Yes there is.

Malc

There is, however, no cabal.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 
Skillmeister

I'm struggling with this concept of "playing to an audience" rather than "talking to some people".

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 
Isn't that lovely?

LaceSensor wrote:
can you all stop using the word Cleek

its cleek ffs.

and CUS, pipe down, if you dont like the MAfia game just ignore it.
I dotn own a DS, so ignore all DS threads. Its really not worth getting hot and bothered over is it? OR is it!?

RRARRR

I think you fell into the clique/cleek trap.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:44 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Quote:
@Bobbyaro: This forum is supposed to be a friendly chat forum that only has relevant on-topic discussion of the kind of stuff that we used to talk about on WoS where we only ever discussed that stuff except we didn't and here the modz are too oppressive except they're not.

:S
Quote:
Hope that helps mate.

Not really :)

But could a sub-forum solve this isssue, then you would have place where only people who talk about WoS stuff can go, and also a place where anyone can go. I have never been to WoS does this mean that I shouldn't be posting on this forum? Isn't saying that it should only be WoS based stuff itself cliquey?

Not trying to be antagonistic, just trying to see a way past this. I can't see how this forum can grow (succeed) if people are afraid to start threads because something has either a) been covered in a thread already that is 40+ pages long, or b) is deemed cliquey, because it doesn't involve a majority of the people on the forum.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:45 

I do think there is a c1ique.

edit: And obviously some tiresome admin person with powers over the word filter.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 
Excellent Member

CUS wrote:
@LaceSensor: It is if twats harass oneself, like dickheads, to stop posting anything that isn't "on-topic" (the definition of which I do not know), but then, in part, go galivanting off spouting reams of limited-interest bullshit, whilst rudely suggesting that anyone who has a problem with this, must be jealous.

That irritates me.

Fair enough I can see why you are pissed, just trying to calm the flames.
Let them play their game, it looks a bit shit anyway. But I might join in next time, just so I can kill people.

Also - I officially join CUS in his correctness in stating there is no such thing as on-topic on this forum.
Suggesting there is a list of allowable topics would be plain stupid.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 

I think I preferred the mildly-eccentric-post-whoring CUS of WoS, than the paranoid, attention-seeking CUS of here. What went wrong dude? You were better when you were "The Biggest Cunt On The Internet (tm)".

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 
Sleepyhead

LaceSensor wrote:
Suggesting there is a list of allowable topics would be plain stupid.

Unless it's threads about the Mafia game, obv.

;)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:54 
lazy eye patch

Dimrill wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to curb my personality and behaviour to suit a nebulous "them" in what and how I post.

Ironically, whilst I was mod, it was you that I received the most complaints about. "He's your mate", etc. Which I haven't mentioned previously, as I took the requests to be censoring, limiting, not of a majority opinion, and insultingly expressed. Also, because I didn't want to upset you any further by saying 'Several people have said they hate seeing you post, do something about it'. To clarify: I didn't agree.

Just thought I'd mention this. I'd be happy to go into further detail elsewhere. Not 'as a go' at you, but simply to mention that quite frankly, you have 'all' been having a go about everyone else, and it's about bloody time you lot faced that.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:56 
lazy eye patch

Bobbyaro wrote:
But could a sub-forum solve this isssue

That read interestingly sir, and I'm sure it was a good post. In fact, SOMEONE should go and read the rest of what you said. Unfortunately you said the magic words "sub-forum", which means I have to put on this chicken outfit and sqwawk for ten minutes about 'topic icons'. In the meantime, here is a plate of Digestives.

Zio wrote:
What went wrong dude? You were better when you were "The Biggest Cunt On The Internet (tm)

I had lots and lots of people reveal their true nature to me during the big forum shift, apparently not realizing I have terabytes of storage and an excellent memory. Then moan and bitch me. Then moan and bitch at me when I pointed out that they deserved to be moaned and bitched at. I didn't ask to be 'one man alone', but frankly I've had enough of the spackers.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 
Skillmeister

CUS wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Ironically, whilst I was mod, it was you that I received the most complaints about. "He's your mate", etc. Which I haven't mentioned previously, as I took the requests to be censoring, limiting, not of a majority opinion, and insultingly expressed. Also, because I didn't want to upset you any further by saying 'Several people have said they hate seeing you post, do something about it'. To clarify: I didn't agree.

Just thought I'd mention this. I'd be happy to go into further detail elsewhere. Not 'as a go' at you, but simply to mention that quite frankly, you have 'all' been having a go about everyone else, and it's about bloody time you lot faced that.

I see. Well. Fuck this then.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:05 

What the hell?

This is all getting very silly. I can sort of see why CUS is annoyed by a lack of consistency, can't imagine why anyone would want to complain about Dimrill, have sometimes perceived cliqueyness on here before but mainly because I didn't 'get' one of CUS's posts and perhaps incorrectly assumed it was in-jokey. I still think this forum's great though. I suggest we ban any more hand-wringing threads about what is wrong with the place and just get on with things (and each other).

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:06 
INFINITE POWAH

Quote:
I suggest we ban any more hand-wringing threads about what is wrong with the place and just get on with things (and each other).

:this:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:06 
Excellent Member

*Waits for everyone to switch off the computer/internet, go get a cup of tea/coffee and lose themselves in something, and stop this silly mass self-destruction.* :(

Also to head anyone off at the pass: What's said in PM stays in PM. Regardless. Rule 1 right?

Unless it's, "I know where Pete lives and am going to stab him in his stupid head," or something, obv. Heads up appreciated on this.

Now everyone leave this thread. Now.

EDIT: DEFINITELY :this: to MarkG's post of wisdom.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:08 

Hang on, Eastenders was on last night? On a Wednesday?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 
lazy eye patch

Nik wrote:
Hang on, Eastenders was on last night? On a Wednesday?

NIK WINS! :) Well done there.

edit: did anyone ever read the Fighting Fantasy book where you have to get past a richly detailed, very locked, very impassable door by examining the plastering instead, and finding that there's a bit of the wall coming loose? I loved that.

NervousPete wrote:
Also to head anyone off at the pass: What's said in PM stays in PM. Regardless. Rule 1 right?

Mmm. Imagine if I started not playing by those rules, especially when everyone was PMing me like crazy back on Bistro. My, that'd be interesting. Oh, I don't mean that as a threat.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 

CUS wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Ironically, whilst I was mod, it was you that I received the most complaints about.

Wow. I can't imagine why anyone would complain about Dimrill. But then I don't complain about anyone, or ever PM anyone about other people or stuff.

Just, wow. There are people like that here? :(

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:19 

I was reading an old PM from you just now actually....

Not remotely related but I enjoy the nanosecond of intrigue from people reading that, it feeds me....

Besides, of course it's all your fault, this is World of CUS after all, a person who apparently never lies insists this.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 
Excellent Member

Dimrill FTW

dont go dimrill

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:30 
lazy eye patch

Dudley wrote:
of course it's all your fault, this is World of CUS after all, a person who apparently never lies insists this.

Yes, you should all be doing whatever I demand anyway! It's my bleeding forum.

Also, I'm not suggesting Dimrill should go. Or that there was a majority that did. Or that he was the first, last, or the most. He did, however, post relatedly to the topic, which sort of damned him above. Sorry. There were far more complaints about Myoptika*, for a start, and FAR more to me directly (about me). And about many other people who I won't mention by name (thought perhaps I should) because it'll just turn into a witch hunt. Let's move on.

Anyway. I must say, Harry Hill's TV Burp has always made Emmerdale seem quite good.

* raspy edge in-jokery etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:34 

And a witch hunt would basically be mafiascum without the clique.

Problem Solved!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 
lazy eye patch

VOTE DENT

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next