Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - OUT NOW!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 13:35 
Hibernating Druid

What a sad thread...

:'(

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 13:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Not as sad as the one where Ian (I think) tried to "play" a PS3 game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 14:04 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

How to fix this thread - go here : viewtopic.php?p=713199#p713199

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 14:06 
Bad Girl

I'll do a swap for Dishonoured if anyone's clocked that and fancies moaning about this (360 for 360).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 22:55 
Bad Girl

All done!

Those final stats:

Total time: 26:57 (so a good length then, really)
Emblems found: 38/80 (I wasn't looking that hard then)
Completed: 14% (seems you've got to get gold for each five chapters for each of the 7 characters on all four difficulties for 100%. That means playing it through a whopping 28 times. No thanks.)
Saved by partner: 64 times.
Average time to be rescued: 3:16 mins
Times restored own health: 16 (wow. Really?)
Skill points: ah, who gives a shit. I got Firepower maxed out - 3 measly levels. Critical hit maxed - only 2 levels. Steady hand maxed - again 2 levels. Could I tell the difference? Could I fuck.
Weapons: used all but the ones the other character carried. No special weapons as far as I can tell. No levelling up weapons.
Enemies killed: I'm not adding them all up as they're grouped up into small sub sections (so there's J'avo, J'avo with pistol, J'avo with knife, J'avo with wrist blades etc) but its an obscene amount. Close to or over 3000. Probably over 3000 by the looks of it.

That's a shit load of killing and I'm pretty sure I've seen almost all the game has to offer, like:

Collections: Rubbish story text and ace best toys. Worse still, the text attempts to recreate the old papers found in Resi 1. It just doesn't work outside the game - idiots. Also, pointless.

Cutscenes: Replay cutscenes. No ta.

Dog Tags: erm, customisable dog tags. If you join someone's game you see it for a few seconds. Er, great. Gotta collect em all. Or not.

Agent Hunt: annoy fellow gamers as they try to play it properly! Actually quite fun. You'll also play it once.

The Mercenaries: Still awesome. But now with fewer maps and characters! Thank god, the choice was far too much for me to handle.

Campaign: Ok, after all that moaning, I've enjoyed it. Sort of. Underneath its pretty graphics (and it is very pretty) its bare bones are arthritic. They're solid enough but lack the polish and zest for life that the younger Resi 4 set years ago. It's not scary. It's a shoot em up in a very long corridor. It's not Resi. Well it is, but Resi off the rails. It lacks atmosphere. It lacks any scary looking enemies at all in fact (the mutated flesh-chainsaw man is particularly poor. A man with a brown bag on his head a few years ago? FUCKING TERRIFYING). It lacks danger. It won't let you die. The variety of QTE are rubbish. Sure you might think pressing A or waggling or pressing the trigger at the right time might keep you on your toes... But it doesn't. QTE's are best when they're simple: press A. Or X. Once. That's enough. Waggle stick! Repeatedly press A! Rotate stick! Wait... press x! HAMMER X TO DEATH. Oh do fuck off. But the biggest problem of all is this: the 6 (of Resi 6) is meant to represent a web. THERE ARE NO SPIDERS IN THIS GAME.

Oh it's a metaphor? Oh right.

Anyway, I've been forward to this game since I've been working for Capcom. 10/10.

(Nah, it bloody deserved those 5's. Fun to play but it's an average game. If you've played all the Resi's in particular you'll even want to play it and probably should. it's not a terrible game at all but given the legacy and what should of followed Resi 5 it IS a massive disappointment. They've taken 5 too far and perhaps to its logical conclusion. 4 was heralded as the era and a fantastic reinvention but it's already got stale thanks to a startling lack of imagination and perception of what people want to play these days.

Co-op ruined Resi.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 
Excellent Member

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-clueless-gamer-resident-evil-6

:DD :DD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 14:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Where did we discuss the RE1 HD remake?

Anyhow, here's a video. Of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 14:16 
UltraMod

It's a RE re-remake.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 15:31 
Bad Girl

American Nervoso wrote:
re-remake.

*when the crowd go BO-selector*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 15:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 15:38 
UltraMod

This was one of the reasons I loved my Gamecube so much. I will be all over this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 17:30 
Bad Girl

Where "did" we discuss the Resi Remake?

Well worry no more by not discussing Resident Evil Revelations 2.

And what's the Big Idea for this new version of a game that I've never played? Weekly episodic content, perhaps?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/10/residen ... odic-disc/

OH MY GOD it totally was weekly episodic content. Amazing. I've not seen barnstorming money rinsing ideas since erm, the last one that was thrust upon us people who enjoy playing video games (we can't say "gamers" anymore, right? Who knows).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 18:23 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Where "did" we discuss the Resi Remake?

In B&B

viewtopic.php?p=831068#p831068

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:16 
8-Bit Champion

Resident Evil Revelations 2 trailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 16:17 
Bad Girl

Resi 4 X The Last of Us

http://youtu.be/MLT66JRd4kY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 14:27 
8-Bit Champion

New trailer for Revelations 2

Barry Burton !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 
UltraMod

REREsident Evil now available on PSN - cross-buy for PS3/PS4:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... 0001112360

Also available on Steam and that Microsoft OneBox thingy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 14:07 
8-Bit Champion

Future Warrior wrote:
REREsident Evil now available on PSN - cross-buy for PS3/PS4:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... 0001112360

Also available on Steam and that Microsoft OneBox thingy.

10% off 'coupon' available this weekend if you were a PS+ user over the holdiays when the system went down - I'm thinking of picking this and pure pool up with it

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/ ... nt-friday/

Quote:
PSN members, claim your 10% PlayStation Store discount this Friday

And 5-day PS Plus membership extensions rolling out now

Hi everyone. We hope your New Year is getting off to a great start! As promised, as a thank you to all of our PSN members, we are happy to announce the details of the 10% PlayStation Store discount.

The discount will be valid from 9.00am local time on 23rd January until 9.00am local time on 26th January. Simply use the promotion code for a one-time 10% discount off eligible items in a total cart purchase in PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or via store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

Some exclusions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited, rental video content, pre-orders and transactions made on PlayStation Store via the PS Vita, PlayStation TV or PSP content. The code must be redeemed at checkout, either through your PS3, PS4 or online at https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Your discounted transaction must be completed before 9.00am on 26th January.

Use the discount on hundreds of thousands of items including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes and an enormous selection of TV shows and movies to own. You will be able to find the code on PlayStation Store and we’ll also publish them on your local PlayStation Twitter channel.

Also, for those PS Plus members impacted by the PSN service interruption over the holidays, we have started to roll out the five-day PS Plus membership extension, no action is required on your part. You will receive an email in the coming days with a confirmation of details about the extension.

Thanks again for your loyalty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 17:44 
UltraMod

The new control scheme is a revelation (no pun intended). No more tank controls, yay!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:34 
8-Bit Champion

New Revelations 2 trailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:35 
Bad Girl

JUST GIVE IT ITS OWN THREAD OR A GENERIC RESI THREAD!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:40 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
JUST GIVE IT ITS OWN THREAD OR A GENERIC RESI THREAD!

No , your a bin !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 15:15 
8-Bit Champion

Selling Resi Remake to you in 6 minutes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 15:31 
Bad Girl

Hnnngh!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 15:25 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Hnnngh!

COCK !!!

‘Moist barrels of fucks’ !!!

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/02/06/talk ... r-expected

Quote:
Talking about Cock with Revelations 2's Producer Went Better Than Expected
By Leon Hurley on 06 Feb 2015 at 11:55AM

I recently talked to Michiteru Okabe, Revelations 2's producer, and Matt Walker, a Capcom production manager, about Resident Evil Revelations 2. And, while much of it was pre-approved press messaging stuff, I did get to ask them about the unusual swearing in the game.

You see, Moira, Barry's daughter, distinguishes herself pretty early on with some bizarre and unforgettable swears. At one point, after a monster attacks, she asks "What the cock did I just see?" She also describes the situation of her kidnapping as "a moist barrel of fucks". It's weird but endearing; it made me like the character more.

It's even caused a little controversy, with 'cock' not going down well in the US, although, weirdly, the moist barrel of fucks is a-okay. Sitting down with Okabe and Walker I asked them more about it. They told me that the bizarre use of language is, in part, a deliberate attempt to tap into the series' history of corny/weird/stand out dialogue.

Here's the conversation as it happened, because trying to editorialise it destroys the creeping realisation that you're about to have a conversation with another man about 'cock being taken out'.

Leon - When we first saw [Revelations 2] Moria had some interesting swear words? Has it been changed? I thought it added character. ‘Moist barrels of fucks’ is my new favourite swear.

Matt - Really? Leon, I love you!

[Actual hugging.]

Matt - It’s part of the story. We do have to be careful. The fact of the matter is that, around the world, certain words are okay and certain words are less okay, right? This is the conversation we had at the bar last night.

Leon - Is the cock...?

[Laughing]

Matt - Oh, yes. Please, tell me more about cock!

[Laughing. Blushing. Sudden really intense examination of the ceiling's tiling.]

Leon - That was more offensive in America than anywhere else, than any of the other words?

Matt - Exactly, I'm from the States, right? So I can understand when somebody says they’re uncomfortable with certain words. Although, I use a really bad words all the time so I'm not probably not the right person to make this decision. What happens is, the way she speaks is very intentional. You’re going to find out, there’s a specific reason that she speaks the way she does.

Leon - So, regional variations aside they haven’t taken some of the more colourful stuff out?

Capcom PR - ‘Moist barrels’ is still in, isn't it?

Matt - ‘Moist barrels’ is still in there. I worked with the scenario writer, this guy called Dai Sato, he wrote the scenario for Revelations 1 and for this one. This time we did a new thing, we said.’what if we write the dialogue in English?’ Usually, we write the dialogue and the scenario in Japanese and then we localise into another language. Depending on how good your localization is that can come off smoothly, and it can come off less smoothly. What we said was, we know we have all those fans that love all those lines, love ‘master of unlocking’ or ‘you were almost a Jill Sandwich’. So we were like, we want to take that and make a wink and nod to people, so we actually wrote the dialogue in English this time. I remember playing through episode one for the first time after we’d got the first bit of voice actor dialogue in the game and hearing ‘What in the moist barrel of fucks?’ The guy that wrote the dialogue sits a couple of seats away from me, and I got up and went over there and shook his hand. I’m like 'this is brilliant.'

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5