Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kudos Craster
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:05 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
I'm not sure Dimmers is reading this thread, sadly. Any chance you could email him that stuffs?

Already did yesterday, but I doubt he believes me, and instead whatever misunderstanding has arisen is instead no doubt causing him some dismay. I don't mean that sarcastically or anything. I recommend someone else trying or something. Alternatively, I'm reasonably sure that the Modz will have finished slowly disabling my account (and I'm already deleted from 5 people's XBLAH lists, I notice, since yesterday), so perhaps he'll be back here when it's safe again and you can all talk without fear, with never an argument ever again.

I would try mailing him first, though. To the first email address that seems obvious.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

This is why it's wise not to be so reactionary to stuff that annoys you CUS, it just causes upset and angst. ;(

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 
lazy eye patch

ComicalGnomes wrote:
This is why it's wise not to be so reactionary to stuff that annoys you CUS, it just causes upset and angst. ;(

Well, in the sense that most of you need to stop being so reactionary to stuff that annoys me, yes. You still don't need 4 threads for your Mafia game.

Most people have this thing called "Benefit of the doubt" that they employ with friends. I don't get that, see. And people wonder why I can be aggressive.

In any event, I'm sure everyone can agree that debate and discussion are one thing, but showing up merely to insult someone to make yourself feel better, is a method employed only by the most fearful and pathetic of children. So, don't do that.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:18 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

Well, in the sense that most of you need to stop being so reactionary to stuff that annoys me, yes. You still don't need 4 threads for your Mafia game.

Most people have this thing called "Benefit of the doubt" that they employ with friends. I don't get that, see.

Without wishing to get dragged back into something I thought was all resolved.

1 - There are only two currently going Mafia threads. One of the others has turned into a random poetry thread. I have no idea what the 4th one is supposed to be.

2 - Please try to lessen the persecution complex.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
One of the others has turned into a random poetry thread. I have no idea what the 4th one is supposed to be.

I'm sure there was a 4th, before the game started, but I may have imagined it. One is a random poetry thread thanks to me, and a satisfying job it was(n't).

Quote:
Please try to lessen the persecution complex.

I don't have a persecution complex, I'm being persecuted.

You'd have been some fucking good when Jesus was around!

Joke.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:34 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
I don't have a persecution complex, I'm being persecuted.

From where I sit, your abrasive and brash comments on thigns have resulted in people getting upset. Any persecution you feel you are suffering (there is none visible on the boards) stems from some people getting annoyed with how reactionary you've been lately (see Dimrill for an example). We get that you don't want Mafia game threads everywhere, but it's settled down to only two threads, which you can agree is acceptable, but still feel the need to make up stories that there are four, when there aren't four at all!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:44 
baron of techno

Oh Man :(

CUS, first just to clarify, that wasn't precisely my quote, it went like this:

kalmar wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Actually, Umm, I hope Dimrill's coming back, but this might kind of point the finger of Serial Killer at him, given that there wasn't an SK murder since he's left...

Duh, that too, I hadn't thought of that. Still doesn't explain the thread getting unlocked before 12.

CUS basically implied that a while ago loads of people complained about Dimrill on this board, which I find hard to believe myself.

That's a shame and I'm certain it's not the case.
Also I :hug: Dimmers even if he is a serial killer.

Second I've no idea what's going on but I certainly hope there isn't what basically sounds like bullying going on from anyone with a mod position. Fall-outs happen but it should be kept to words rather than actions IMHO.

Can't we all just get along?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
your abrasive and brash comments on thigns have resulted in people getting upset.

What, such as saying 'Actually, no this isn't a great debate, it's just a debate, and you aren't even spelling paedophilia right?'

Sorry, but, well, it wasn't. I mean, gold stars to everyone for taking part, but it was rubbish, and I've literally heard better on the back of the bus.

What actual good does it do to have useless 'debates' that don't go anywhere? None. Unless you all just want to feel good for 'having an opinion' and taking part and stuff. Which is lovely, but doesn't engender decent debate.

Moreover, I expressed my opinion, which differs from yours. Don't like? Then, in the words of your bezzie mates: there's the door!

Quote:
Any persecution you feel you are suffering (there is none visible on the boards)

Yes, there is plenty. But crying and saying 'And they said thiiiiis and *sniff* thiiiiiis and *cry* this and thiiiis' does no good, and only demeans myself. Unless I point it out at the time (but then, of course, I'm being paranoid).

Send me a PM about it, we'll chat on it.

Quote:
stems from some people getting annoyed with how reactionary you've been lately (see Dimrill for an example).

Annoyed? Reactionary? Dimrill? What, you mean, when I explained that it's a good thing I'm not reactionary and that I don't just buckle under the pressure of several unanimous voices, or by those measures we wouldn't have had Dimrill join here? Erm.

Unless, you mean that I was being reactionary in my post originally. Which, I wasn't. I was actually doing what others do, where they post a polite request for something. Except, they have CUDDLY avatars, and use LOTS of smilies EVERY fucking post they make. Personally, I thought the mob mentality displayed toward me was very reactionary, but I entirely doubt that you would ever see that.

Quote:
We get that you don't want Mafia game threads everywhere, but it's settled down to only two threads, which you can agree is acceptable, but still feel the need to make up stories that there are four, when there aren't four at all!

It's "settled" after I said "There are too many, please reduce the number". Ergo, I was right. Why, you may recall, that Grim... set 2pm yesterday as a 'cooling off' time, though it was basically settled after that. Until, y'know, it was time for a bit of late-night persecution. Which those eyes of yours probably won't be able to read, alas.

Except, don't let those facts change anything. No, you just run on *pats cheek, offers you a Werthers*

edit:as said in the thread where I say 'there are too many threads' - I thought I had seen a fourth thread, before the game had started, but may have imagined it.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 

I know I haven't disagreed with you at any point.. but I'd quite like a Werthers...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 
lazy eye patch

I'll fill your cheek with my creamy treat just as soon as you like, Mr Dudley.

edit: I realise this is a bit like sex, and all the people who keep moaning to me in PM that 'stop mentioning sex and cocks and things because it is off-putting and it's why I'm not posting much' will therefore be hating it. However, the 'Wahey, talk about everything, lol sex and cocks!' crowd will love it. You see the bind I am in.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 

If it helps I could annoy all camps by calling you a cock.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:08 
lazy eye patch

Dudley wrote:
If it helps I could annoy all camps but calling you a cock.

No, no, calling me a cock is FINE. That's okay. But if I call you a cock, you make sure to go tell Grim... now okay? Don't you be afraid, you just run right up and tell him.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:11 
INFINITE POWAH

I think we need a sub-forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:12 
lazy eye patch

I must insist that it features a cookery topic icon.

Anyway, sorry, I've just noticed that this is your other Mafia thread. If a mod wants to move OT posts away (perhaps to a mod thread with a funny name about me, if not in General Discussion), then please do. Apologies, I quite forgot where I was.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:31 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
your abrasive and brash comments on thigns have resulted in people getting upset.

What, such as saying 'Actually, no this isn't a great debate, it's just a debate, and you aren't even spelling paedophilia right?'

Sorry, but, well, it wasn't. I mean, gold stars to everyone for taking part, but it was rubbish, and I've literally heard better on the back of the bus.

What actual good does it do to have useless 'debates' that don't go anywhere? None. Unless you all just want to feel good for 'having an opinion' and taking part and stuff. Which is lovely, but doesn't engender decent debate.

Moreover, I expressed my opinion, which differs from yours. Don't like? Then, in the words of your bezzie mates: there's the door!

Can you not see that if you walk up to some people having a discussion and effectively call them all a bunch of ignorant idiots who don't even understand the meaning of words, and that you and ONLY you have the answers that they are looking for, so why don't they just listen to you instead... they might get offended by that?

Quote:
Quote:
Any persecution you feel you are suffering (there is none visible on the boards)

Yes, there is plenty. But crying and saying 'And they said thiiiiis and *sniff* thiiiiiis and *cry* this and thiiiis' does no good, and only demeans myself. Unless I point it out at the time (but then, of course, I'm being paranoid).

Send me a PM about it, we'll chat on it.

The only thing I've seen that could be deemed as persecution is Myoptika's poem in the poem thread, which was, as far as I can see, uncalled for.

Where else is it? You can't mean the Pedalo thread, since if you come in to a thread and act as patronisingly and superior as you did, you can rightly expect people to take affront. If it's via PMs, then boo to the people sending them, and I'm sorry that they do.

Quote:
Quote:
stems from some people getting annoyed with how reactionary you've been lately (see Dimrill for an example).

Annoyed? Reactionary? Dimrill? What, you mean, when I explained that it's a good thing I'm not reactionary and that I don't just buckle under the pressure of several unanimous voices, or by those measures we wouldn't have had Dimrill join here? Erm.

Unless, you mean that I was being reactionary in my post originally. Which, I wasn't. I was actually doing what others do, where they post a polite request for something. Except, they have CUDDLY avatars, and use LOTS of smilies EVERY fucking post they make. Personally, I thought the mob mentality displayed toward me was very reactionary, but I entirely doubt that you would ever see that.

The thing is, if you do things politely you get a far better response than doing them either patronisingly or aggressively, like you sometimes do, like calling people retarded for having one too many threads on the Mafia game. If you had said re: the Glastonbury comparison that you would have complained/pointed it out too, hackles would not have been raised. Instead you said it was retarded, which is emotional language designed to provoke a negative response.

By reactionary, I mean that you have been overreacting to things and seeing what you want to see, so you can pick at it. Yesterday you got upset at a perceived slight from me that you found aggressive... when the entire post you quote was paying Grim... a compliment!

Creating meaningless threads to 'prove a point' just annoys people. It gets your point across, sure, but it also makes people think you're being childish. So then if they treat you as being such later in the day, can you really blame them?

Quote:
Quote:
We get that you don't want Mafia game threads everywhere, but it's settled down to only two threads, which you can agree is acceptable, but still feel the need to make up stories that there are four, when there aren't four at all!

It's "settled" after I said "There are too many, please reduce the number". Ergo, I was right. Why, you may recall, that Grim... set 2pm yesterday as a 'cooling off' time, though it was basically settled after that. Until, y'know, it was time for a bit of late-night persecution. Which those eyes of yours probably won't be able to read, alas.

Ends don't always justify means. One topic rambled from being about the game to being about poetry. That's all that happened. It wasn't the result of a great crusade... it's just people 'yammering' away on the internet.

Quote:
Except, don't let those facts change anything. No, you just run on *pats cheek, offers you a Werthers*

You see? When someone tries to engage with you, it is made very hard by you trying to act like everyone in the world is always wrong if they have a slight difference of opinion with you, and must be treated like a child. Even when you're proved wrong factually, those weren't the important facts, the important facts were that you were the guiding light, the forum saviour, the policeman to make sure everything is fine.

There really, really isn't a conspiracy against you. Sadly, I don't think any amount of proof would dissuade you, as you've lond since made up your mind.

:(

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 13:47 

CUS wrote:
Dudley wrote:
If it helps I could annoy all camps but calling you a cock.

No, no, calling me a cock is FINE. That's okay. But if I call you a cock, you make sure to go tell Grim... now okay? Don't you be afraid, you just run right up and tell him.

I tend to cut out the middle man there and just call Grim... a cock.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:08 

Quote:
You see? When someone tries to engage with you, it is made very hard by you trying to act like everyone in the world is always wrong if they have a slight difference of opinion with you, and must be treated like a child. Even when you're proved wrong factually, those weren't the important facts, the important facts were that you were the guiding light, the forum saviour, the policeman to make sure everything is fine.

Interestingly that doesn't describe CUS half as well as certain others, at least 1 of which is a member here under a very poor assumed name.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:10 
INFINITE POWAH

?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:12 
Legendary Boogeyman

personally I think the user '73%' is Stu =)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:22 
INFINITE POWAH

Dudley wrote:
Quote:

Interestingly that doesn't describe CUS half as well as certain others, at least 1 of which is a member here under a very poor assumed name.

Seriously: ?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:26 

I wasn't actually referring to Stu as having an account here (although I really suspect he does, he's too paranoid not to) but I actually meant "Jane".

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 14:30 
INFINITE POWAH

Is Bruce's middle name "Jane" then? Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure Stu does have an account here, as he's referred on WoS to things going on on here, IIRC.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 15:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Doesn't have to have an account to read it, man.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 15:39 
INFINITE POWAH

Oh - I thought you had to log in to view?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 15:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nope

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 16:02 

No, it's public. Which in some ways is infuriating, as if I suffer from that login problem I don't realise until I click on the "go to first unread post" icon and it takes me to the start of the thread ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 16:45 
baron of techno

Bastards.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:04 
UltraMod

Quiet you. :P

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:32 
Awesome
Yes

Damn. The Mafi thread has just been locked on Day 3.

I won't speculate on my suspicions in this thread. I will save it for tomorrow day. I would jsut like to explain that yesterday (Thursday) I wsa at work 8-5 and then ill in bed, and Friday (today) worked 5am-3pm, and then didn't read fast enough to vote for day 3.

So I apologise for missing this, but I will be around all Saturday, and Sunday afternoon.

This is why I didn't vote. More explanations and suspicions etc will follow in the main thread.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:33 

Mr Russ wrote:
Damn. The Mafi thread has just been locked on Day 3.

I won't speculate on my suspicions in this thread. I will save it for tomorrow day.

If you are alive, eh?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:34 
Isn't that lovely?

we don't know who the rev owen was yet...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:39 

Yes we do, he was a townie, it said when he was killed.

We don't know who Kalmar was...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:47 

Come on Craster, rush home!

I am eager to know if we have killed the right person! ?:|

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:50 
UltraMod

No chat about the game in here!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:52 

Myop - Since you're here and talking isn't allowed in this thread ;)

Since everyone at my company got a bonus this month and it's pay day I thought "fuck it" so I'm going to swing by the big Tesco and try and get Race Driver : Grid.

I'll update you on how it turns out.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:55 
UltraMod

Yes, please do.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:55 

Just noticed the mafia thread. Since Mimi doesn't swear I'd just like to say the following on her behalf.

"Nutsacks".

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 17:58 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
Come on Craster, rush home!

I am eager to know if we have killed the right person! ?:|

I'm still at work - failing to count votes :p

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:04 

Dudley wrote:
Just noticed the mafia thread. Since Mimi doesn't swear I'd just like to say the following on her behalf.

"Nutsacks".

Oh, crap. That was all my fault.

I am useless, and I am so sorry, Kalmar (or the ghost of Kalmar) I felt SO SURE.

I feel like I have let everyone down. I take full blame for that.

?:|

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

I knew we should have gone after myp, I just knew it!

Nevermind, there are still enough townies left to win, we just need to be more discerning in future. I won't hold it against you Meems :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:10 

I just felt so certain.

Sorry, Kalmar, I just thought your behaviour so odd. I guess you really just were 'up' on the game.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:20 
Sleepyhead

Ah poop.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 18:23 
Isn't that lovely?

Dudley wrote:
Yes we do, he was a townie, it said when he was killed.

We don't know who Kalmar was...

yeah, that's what I meant...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:36 
Awesome
Yes

Ah holy crap. And yes, I mean *if* I'm alive.

I hope the night actions get PM'd quick so I can get talking in the main thread soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:42 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Seriously, you lot. SCREAMING AT YOU ALL.

I envy the masons for being able to talk to each other. The mafia too, actually - you've no idea (unless you've played before on another forum, or indeed in your own town) how exciting it is being in the dark and having nothing to go on but your own observations and deductions.

And HOW BLOODY LONG did you need to work out there's possibly a roleblocker? Honestly. My wife was right - we should have moved to the city with their fancypants hospitalisin'. I ought to bang your silly townheads together.

Here's looking forward to round two! I wonder who'll be knocked off tonight?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russ wrote:
Ah holy crap. And yes, I mean *if* I'm alive.

I hope the night actions get PM'd quick so I can get talking in the main thread soon.

Even if they do turn up quick, I'm having some bloomin' dinner first. There is nothing creative in my brain right now.

:p

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:05 
Paws for thought

sinister agent wrote:
I envy the masons for being able to talk to each other.

I've been working on the assumption this isn't the case. The rules certainly only say the mafia can PM, and noone else. The only special ability the masons have is knowing who each other are, surely? Obviously, if I'm wrong, things look a bit different, and 'mafia' style behaviour is just as likely to be mason behaviour.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:05 
Awesome
Yes

Sorry, didn't say that because I wanted you to rush; rather that I'm annoyed I missed two full days of action.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:11 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Mr Dave wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
I envy the masons for being able to talk to each other.

I've been working on the assumption this isn't the case. The rules certainly only say the mafia can PM, and noone else. The only special ability the masons have is knowing who each other are, surely?

Ahh, yes, I see. I didn't pay as much attention to their bit as I should have, it seems. Still, they have a slight advantage I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:11 
Gogmagog

Mr Russ wrote:
Sorry, didn't say that because I wanted you to rush; rather that I'm annoyed I missed two full days of action.

So has grim...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next